IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the one piece of info. to keep this case from going cold would be a tip from the public ?

Hope the girl's acquaintances' have thought back to everything that was said or texted about the plans for this day...and suddenly realize something that makes sense now-- where it didn't before; or seemed of little consequence ?

Would also like to hear of anyone in that town who may have seen the perp and just not realized it (as in someone who was from out-of-town , but appeared to hang around a lot and didn't fit in ) ?
:moo:

Could there be any tie between the suspect and the home searched Thursday? Any ideas or guesses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say that even if the BG is a homeless person from another town, if his photo gets enough coverage and circulation, it is quite possible that people know who he is/where he's from. The homeless don't seem to just sit in a cave all day, they are out and about, begging for money and food and etc. They get to become 'known' in their communities. Hopefully this case and his photo has been/will be distributed heavily all over the USA.

I'd check all the liquor stores videos.
Gas station s

Well if he left DNA behind he has to have DNA on file for some crime or a record. I

If he's not from the area and no one knows who he is or where he's from what are the odds?

i just think he's a drifter. Vagrant.
moves around a lot and no one misses him.

What you say is my fear....a drifter who is long gone by now. BUT...from my understanding, you'd have to be acquainted with the area to even know about those trails. Maybe he is a former resident, or used to work in the area. I've driven through Delphi and didn't know about the trails based on the highways I took going through. I could be wrong....but it just makes sense.

It's likely he didn't have anywhere to be around dinnertime...he'd have a lot of cleaning up to do. I considered that maybe he was a truck driver....but don't they have schedules to stick to?? I still wouldn't rule that out.

I just have a bad feeling that we are going to be wondering for a very long time. It ticks me off!! Why not force us all to submit DNA to a database??? I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks at this point.

True....homeless from Indianapolis or Lafayette, maybe. If that's true...someone would've had to drive him somewhere after all this.

I honestly do not understand WHY the LE said the community at large was not in danger! That is insane to me. They could only say that IF the perp was behind bars and charged with sufficient evidence to prove it was him.
Another thing that bothers me is they didn't release CAUSE of death. They could release that without damaging the criminal case.
Again that would give people an idea of who it could be if they knew a man similar to the pic that was prolific with knives for example. Or even a crossbow. Anything that could help in identifying or ruling out suspects.

Can someone please enlighten me in regard to 'snapchat'? I am wondering if it is possible to post a picture that was stored on your phone from a previous time, to snapchat? If so, is there a way to tell when exactly the photo was actually taken?

Although I have been following this case since the beginning, I had never read before that police had said in one of their earlier press conferences, that the girls had not been seen by anyone. (A fellow sleuther posted this a few posts ago). I haven't yet been able to locate the press conference where this was said (anyone?). If true however, then who is to say that the girls were even ON the bridge that day and didn't instead immediately go to perhaps a pre-arranged location to perhaps meet someone?

Initially it showed a couple of photos posted by Libby to snapchat, one of Abigail walking on the bridge, and one of just 'the bridge/a bridge'. Some had apparently speculated (according to a news article) that the photo of the bridge may have been a different bridge and not the Monon Bridge. If so, then who is to say that both photos were not from another time?

I think there's a pattern that LE may be using in general, these days, after FBI and state police agency training, regarding the release of information. I think that by releasing the pics, they're trying to jog folks' memories from last Monday. Other than a vague and short description of what their suspect was wearing, no other descriptions of anything he, or the two girls were wearing, has come from the lips of any LE folks. The pics are all we've had to go by.

The pics are from that day, the lack of foliage and other clues indicate the images are from last Monday. We've had a mild winter, overall, her in Indiana. People were out and about this past week or so, enjoying the weather.

What you say is my fear....a drifter who is long gone by now. BUT...from my understanding, you'd have to be acquainted with the area to even know about those trails. Maybe he is a former resident, or used to work in the area. I've driven through Delphi and didn't know about the trails based on the highways I took going through. I could be wrong....but it just makes sense.

It's likely he didn't have anywhere to be around dinnertime...he'd have a lot of cleaning up to do. I considered that maybe he was a truck driver....but don't they have schedules to stick to?? I still wouldn't rule that out.

I just have a bad feeling that we are going to be wondering for a very long time. It ticks me off!! Why not force us all to submit DNA to a database??? I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks at this point.

The vagrants drift from place to place. They are told different places to go by others.
Isn't there a homeless camp there in Delphi that was supposed to be closed down?
I'd find those ppl and ask them.

And I dont think he will be found either.
Unless he has DNA on file.
If he left DNA.

well if he was in that area for awhile, and he 'kinda' knew the area from being there for a short time, then I think he just 'happened' upon the girls and did what he did.

well if he was in that area foe awhile, and he 'kinda' knew the area form being there for a short time, then I think he just 'happened' upon the girls and did what he did.

Yes crime of opportunity.

I honestly do not understand WHY the LE said the community at large was not in danger! That is insane to me. They could only say that IF the perp was behind bars and charged with sufficient evidence to prove it was him.
Another thing that bothers me is they didn't release CAUSE of death. They could release that without damaging the criminal case.
Again that would give people an idea of who it could be if they knew a man similar to the pic that was prolific with knives for example. Or even a crossbow. Anything that could help in identifying or ruling out suspects.

I agree with all of this..its almost too blase. I am sure the LE know way more than they are letting on. But how does that benefit this case, if nobody can help them?

Rossmo 101:

Draw triangle. Perp is somewhere within that triangle ;)

attachment.php

Okay, I messed with it :D
Seriously, I have nothing but the utmost respect for Kim Rossmo.

You need to have more than 1 crime scene. The more, the better - unfortunately.

-Nin

No thanks.

This is truly a bizarre case. I've never seen anything like this... I wonder if the video caught the suspect on bridge but never walking the opposite way to leave? Or perhaps a witness saw him walking with the two girls down the creek not realizing what was going on? That's the only evidence I can think of besides him leaving his coat or something behind to implicate him. Also, they are looking for a duffle bag/backpack. So did he take something from the girls? Would he have had to change clothes immediately after murders? I am guessing he did. [emoji20]anyone have an idea if the bicycle road home has farmland? Could they have hired this guy or given him a place to stay for a few days? I need more sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member