IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you say is my fear....a drifter who is long gone by now. BUT...from my understanding, you'd have to be acquainted with the area to even know about those trails. Maybe he is a former resident, or used to work in the area. I've driven through Delphi and didn't know about the trails based on the highways I took going through. I could be wrong....but it just makes sense.

It's likely he didn't have anywhere to be around dinnertime...he'd have a lot of cleaning up to do. I considered that maybe he was a truck driver....but don't they have schedules to stick to?? I still wouldn't rule that out.

I just have a bad feeling that we are going to be wondering for a very long time. It ticks me off!! Why not force us all to submit DNA to a database??? I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks at this point.

that's a very bad idea and very dangerous for reasons I won't get into here.

I'm wondering if this case is connected with the missing 14 yr old female child in Kokomo, 10 days earlier, about 34 miles away?

I don't think they are connected since the Kokomo case involves a runaway. However, I also do not believe that this is the first homicide that this perp has committed...it is a huge jump from law abiding citizen to killing two teenage girls.

Serial killers in general usually start by abusing then killing animals when they were younger.

I would look through the unidentified found bodies links on this site that are within a reasonable proximity to Delphi in order to try to find a crime scene with a matching signature and hopefully an m.o. once police release some info.

Here is a little information on offender signatures and m.o.'s
http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/CriminalInvestigativeAnalysisJuly2015.htm

This could have been done by a truck driver. The new highway is 1/2 mile from high bridge and would explain why he was heading the way he was across the bridge. I mapped two routes that once across the bridge would have him hidden all the way back to his truck in less than 15 minute. There a a third route to another highway 1 mile away that would also be hidden and a fourth about 2 miles (30 minutes by foot) to a ramp where truck stop overnight.

What type of training would it take to kill two people (two different methods) the way he did?
Look for other serial killers with the same MO. Two girls possible making one watch the other go through the process and not being able to do anything about it.
How do you know they were killed by two different manners?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

He looks awfully relaxed if he is leaving the scene. I don't expect he would be advertising what he had done, but his demeanor doesnt come across as anything but relaxed to me. :(

Also if he is leaving in the picture, and he knows the trails/area well. He would know this is perhaps not the easiest or least obvious way to leave a scene. (eg. He knows people go to this bridge either to be scared (like I would be) or to take pictures)

I just feel myself going around in circles.I just hope the families are a little more in the loop with the LE.

Some highlights from last night's Primetime Justice. Jean Casarez is interviewing Sgt. Tony Slocum, Indiana State Police :

CASAREZ: Do you believe that these young girls at all could have been innocently communicating with someone who may have even not led to his real identity, to meet that person at this trail for a couple of hours?

SLOCUM: Well, anything`s possible, but the evidence we have thus far has not revealed that to be true. Unfortunately, these young ladies were just doing what teenage girls do. They were -- they were enjoying a beautiful day on a beautiful trail in a beautiful part of Indiana, and these crimes occurred.

CASAREZ: So Sergeant, it sounds like you believe you have your man. And do you think that he worked alone?

SLOCUM: Well, we don`t know if he worked alone or not, but this is our prime suspect. We are actively looking for this person. Evidence thus far, the totality of the evidence that investigators have collected, has led to this person in the picture that we distributed. And that`s why we have identified this person not as just someone we want to talk to but as the person who is a suspect in a double homicide.

SLOCUM: I`m not exactly sure on how long this trail is. If I had to guess, I would say maybe a mile long, but it`s -- the trail near where these young ladies were murdered is part of a trail system. And it is in a remote area, but the trail itself is also well advertised as a tourist destination in Carroll County, Indiana. So even though the theory -- I heard her talking about being a local area person -- we`re not just staying focused on local because it`s next to a highway system, the Hoosier Heartland State Road 25, where people can get on quickly and get off quickly. And the -- it`s just east of the town of Delphi. So we`re expanding our search to include anybody that could have possibly come through the area.

Underlined by me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1702/21/ptab.01.html

that's a very bad idea and very dangerous for reasons I won't get into here.

Can you IM why its bad, because I really don't see negative consequences at this point...just horrible people getting away with murder!

They need their Booz.
Can of beer. Smokes...

I'm sure police are already on that. Also the local petty drug dealers. And local low-level streetwalkers. Hopefully LE are showing this photo to all of those groups somehow.

Why does it look like he is a smoker? Was that in MSM?

From the original pics before they were 'enhanced' by sleuthers, it didn't look to me at all as if there was a cigarette in the guy's mouth. But tampering with the photo as 'uncovered' the cigarette in his mouth, along with a little waft of smoke. Kind of like the gun in the pocket, or the big long thing down the perp's leg. Now it has become 'fact' that the perp was smoking.

What you say is my fear....a drifter who is long gone by now. BUT...from my understanding, you'd have to be acquainted with the area to even know about those trails. Maybe he is a former resident, or used to work in the area. I've driven through Delphi and didn't know about the trails based on the highways I took going through. I could be wrong....but it just makes sense.

It's likely he didn't have anywhere to be around dinnertime...he'd have a lot of cleaning up to do. I considered that maybe he was a truck driver....but don't they have schedules to stick to?? I still wouldn't rule that out.

I just have a bad feeling that we are going to be wondering for a very long time. It ticks me off!! Why not force us all to submit DNA to a database??? I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks at this point.

I would never do that! No thank you!!!!!

Good morning Websleuths! Checking in. What time is the PC? I'm on the East Coast.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can you IM why its bad, because I really don't see negative consequences at this point...just horrible people getting away with murder!

no that's ok.....people have different opinions why it's not a good idea and very dangerous, so I'll pass.... nothing against you, but it's a highly subjective topic that I'd rather not get into. Just MO.

same reason we don't just start data basing finger prints and footprints when we're born. Another bad idea.

I honestly do not understand WHY the LE said the community at large was not in danger! That is insane to me. They could only say that IF the perp was behind bars and charged with sufficient evidence to prove it was him.
Another thing that bothers me is they didn't release CAUSE of death. They could release that without damaging the criminal case.
Again that would give people an idea of who it could be if they knew a man similar to the pic that was prolific with knives for example. Or even a crossbow. Anything that could help in identifying or ruling out suspects.

I agree with all of this..its almost too blase. I am sure the LE know way more than they are letting on. But how does that benefit this case, if nobody can help them?

Agree also.......When I watched the press conference from 2/15 with the Sheriff and ISP captain,
the sheriff was pressed on this question about the community at large not being in danger.
He was hesitant in his replies, but I got the feeling that he knew much more than he was able to state
at the time. Now this could only be that the perp used a knife instead of a gun and he felt the public
was in less danger from a knife instead of a gun. I don't know.....just MOO:moo:

Here is a link to that 16 min presser:
http://wtvr.com/2017/02/15/teens-who-went-missing-during-hike-found-dead-police-seek-man-in-photo/

What if this guy wasn't interested in bridges, but in canals? This is also in Delphi. http://www.wabashanderiecanal.org/camping

No one would think twice about an RV pulling out of a parking spot at a historical site. Notice their winter rates are 1/2 price for full RVs( defined as an RV that does not need restroom or shower facilities.)

Two words: transfer DNA.

Woman goes missing. Police interview POI who was in area at the time. During interview, woman's vehicle found. Police man leaves interview, goes to vehicle and puts his hand on the roof of the vehicle. Police find POI's DNA on vehicle. POI convicted based on DNA evidence.

POI appeals. DNA expert finds the DNA was transferred from the police officer's hand to vehicle. POI was innocent.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Some people see smoke around his face in the photo. I can see what they are talking about.

I also see what looks like smoke...wonder if that's why they were under and near the bridge Sunday and Monday...collecting butts? Also, I see what maybe a white plastic shopping bag under his coat. Just MO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia