IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to double-post, but my niece belongs to a "club" (which I won't mention) that camps annually at Delphi. Not this year - I'm really disappointed in LE not coming forth w/ more information to give to the residents of Delphi. School will be out soon for summer break. Are the parents in Delphi afraid to let their kids play outside? I know I would be - JMO!

I agree. I mean I'm realistic and know that there are all sorts of people wandering around every day carrying all sorts of dark secrets. And I'm not an alarmist​. But I think parents have to be wary because not much is known:

- We don't know if LE suspects that the guy is a drifter or not.

- We have zero idea if this was a predatory crime or a random one.

- We don't​ know if there was a sexual element to the murders.

-We don't know if the murderer acted alone.

- We don't know if social media played a role.

- We don't know how the girls were caught/lured.

- We don't know how the girls were murdered.

Given all these unknowns and others I'm probably forgetting, and given the size of Delphi, I would be organizing neighborhood watches for younger kids. And for sure, I'd be clamping down hard on what my older kids could do and not do across the summer months, and I'd make sure that whatever they were doing, they did it in a pack.

At the BBR search IMO.
Looking at the YT video of the night of the search,Eric Williams stated in the interview that they were looking in trash cans for the girls' phones.I imagine they were instructed to do so by LE which to me would say that when it was said that the phones were pinging around town,they actually knew that the phones were moving instead of just the signal bouncing around.So what made them think that the phone(s) were actually mobile,if they did?

I meant that no parent would let their kids go out by themselves after what has happened to these girls,
<modsnip>I was just putting it out there that there was a warning from LE.Bumping the warning so to speak for anyone that might have missed it.

I agree. I mean I'm realistic and know that there are all sorts of people wandering around every day carrying all sorts of dark secrets. And I'm not an alarmist&#8203;. But I think parents have to be wary because not much is known:

- We don't know if LE suspects that the guy is a drifter or not.

- We have zero idea if this was a predatory crime or a random one.

- We don't&#8203; know if there was a sexual element to the murders.

-We don't know if the murderer acted alone.

- We don't know if social media played a role.

- We don't know how the girls were caught/lured.

- We don't know how the girls were murdered.

Given all these unknowns and others I'm probably forgetting, and given the size of Delphi, I would be organizing neighborhood watches for younger kids. And for sure, I'd be clamping down hard on what my older kids could do and not do across the summer months, and I'd make sure that whatever they were doing, they did it in a pack.

I agree totally with the above. Non of us know anything except the things we have been told. We as the general public will only be told those things we need to know about or could possibly help with. Until then all we can do is surmise and discuss all of our theories on the facts as given. You never know one of those theories may just be right.

KR Reacher

LE told us not to let our girls go in pairs,go in a group...sounds like a huge warning

Yes, it's a huge warning. To me, by that wording, it seems like they are alluding that it was a random attack. I don't think they would say that to the community of a small town if they felt that the girls were specifically targeted to be killed. IMO

However, it's kind of strange that they said that, considering that Abby and Libby were already in pairs. With the amount of stealth and speed that most people feel that he killed them, I don't think it's a message that's alleviating any fears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really feel LE is letting the community down by not being more forthcoming. If they feel that the killer was unknown to the girls, this is crucial, as that means anyone could become another victim. If they feel there was more than one perp, they should say so, as a duo or trio might jog memories in a new way. If the girls were sexually assaulted, other young girls could be at risk as well. How any parent could carry on with almost no information or reassuarance, or even more warnings, is beyond me.
Jmo

LE's responsibility is to identify and apprehend the man who murderedered these girls. Period. They have no obligation to share anything pertaining to the case, and are absolutely not going to share anything that could possibly reduce the chances of catching this killer.

Letting the community down would be not catching this man. Therefore that's all that matters to them. Frankly they will do anything they believe will increase the odds of catching him including lie to the media, release disinformation, and hold back all details of the case. Putting the communities mind at ease is not their job. Catching him is the way they're going to set people's minds at ease.

The media is nothing more than a tool to investigators. Used properly it can be a very effective tool to manipulate the killers actions thus improving their abilities to locate him.

People should go ahead and treat this as if it were a sexual homocide perpetrated by a lone stranger. The odds of it being something else are extremely remote, astronomically remote.

Looking at the YT video of the night of the search,Eric Williams stated in the interview that they were looking in trash cans for the girls' phones.I imagine they were instructed to do so by LE which to me would say that when it was said that the phones were pinging around town,they actually knew that the phones were moving instead of just the signal bouncing around.So what made them think that the phone(s) were actually mobile,if they did?
I think that has partly been explained previously as cell tower capacity. However if it could be explained again cos that alone wouldn't indicate a moving phone. But if the phones were suspected to have been disposed of why the heck no Amber Alert? Also what about GPS on the phones?

LE's responsibility is to identify and apprehend the man who murderedered these girls. Period. They have no obligation to share anything pertaining to the case, and are absolutely not going to share anything that could possibly reduce the chances of catching this killer.

Letting the community down would be not catching this man. Therefore that's all that matters to them. Frankly they will do anything they believe will increase the odds of catching him including lie to the media, release disinformation, and hold back all details of the case. Putting the communities mind at ease is not their job. Catching him is the way they're going to set people's minds at ease.

The media is nothing more than a tool to investigators. Used properly it can be a very effective tool to manipulate the killers actions thus improving their abilities to locate him.

People should go ahead and treat this as if it were a sexual homocide perpetrated by a lone stranger. The odds of it being something else are extremely remote, astronomically remote.
LE are also there too prevent crime. Advising of dangers (e.g. sexual offenders ) would be part of that. As long as they don't catch him by it happening again that is my fear. Any suspicions in the community need to be called in.

snipped for space

BBM-is your comment based on statistics or opinion?

Omg. Small town. Young girls with perp on camera. But the fbi doesn't know enough to make an arrest?

So what is really going on.

This is happening in the Danielle Stislicki case as well.

Murders like this are very difficult to solve. It doesn't involve just identifying the perpetrator, they have to build a prosecutable case against him that leaves no doubt in the juries mind, not one doubt. Prosecutors only get one shot at him. If they hastily push a case through and he beats the charges they can never touch him again regardless of what evidence they discover in the future.

<modsnip>

Does anybody know if the electronic billboards are still active showing Abby & Libby?

Yes, it's a huge warning. To me, by that wording, it seems like they are alluding that it was a random attack. I don't think they would say that to the community of a small town if they felt that the girls were specifically targeted to be killed. IMO

However, it's kind of strange that they said that, considering that Abby and Libby were already in pairs. With the amount of stealth and speed that most people feel that he killed them, I don't think it's a message that's alleviating any fears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the girls were in accompaniment of each other. Now a "light bulb": there was some period of time - around 30 min. - we didn't know where the girls were and what they did (some posters mentioned it). Could it be they voluntary separated for a short time for an unknown (to us) reason? Could it be BG from far saw only one of the two at first?
If one girl wanted to meet someone (male) at the end of the bridge and the other girl didn't want to be also present they may have separated perhaps? Teenies do such things if I remember right and because of my age a touch vague ....

Would it make sense to anybody??

It doesn't make sense if relatives had to look for phones in bins BUT police meant the girls weren't in danger, IMO. NO offense to you rather to police. :)

Find your inspiration. Join the Flic*r community, home to 13 billion photos and 2 million groups.

I don't remember: had Libby been a member of F.?

I don't recall it ever been stated either of the girls had Facebook accounts and I'm certain SM would've searched. But if either did, often minors use a different name other than their own as a safety precaution.

It doesn't make sense if relatives had to look for phones in bins BUT police meant the girls weren't in danger, IMO. NO offense to you rather to police. :)

Chicken and the egg? If anything had been found to indicate foul play then it would've been apparent the girls were in danger?

I don't recall it ever been stated either of the girls had Facebook accounts and I'm certain SM would've searched. But if either did, often minors use a different name other than their own as a safety precaution.
Aren't SC and FB connected applications? I.e. same company/owner? Also Germany was asking about Flickr, an image application I believe, not FB.

I really feel LE is letting the community down by not being more forthcoming. If they feel that the killer was unknown to the girls, this is crucial, as that means anyone could become another victim. If they feel there was more than one perp, they should say so, as a duo or trio might jog memories in a new way. If the girls were sexually assaulted, other young girls could be at risk as well. How any parent could carry on with almost no information or reassuarance, or even more warnings, is beyond me.
Jmo

Just my opinion but on the topic of personal safety in a specific area, the media plays a minor role in communication because it's far less effective than public meetings or even casual conversation where people can be heard. So just because we aren't reading media reports on the topic, I think doesn't mean that locals are being disregarded. Early on in this case local posters mentioned LE hosted local public information meetings and for all we know, something such as that is still occurring. For example on Delphi's Facebook page, self defence courses are being offered.

Even after this case is solved and regardless of what specifically occurred, sadly Delphi residents have learned the hard way that nowhere is considered totally "safe".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery