IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 15 years ago there was a Lifetime movie about a killer in an apartment complex. I think it was called something like "The Deadly Complex" or "Death at the Condos." You know, something silly. Anyhoo. The only thing they had to go on was the fact that the guy was blonde and had blue eyes. So of course, every single man that the viewers met in the apartment complex had blonde hair and blue eyes.

I am starting to feel that way about this case. We have an image of BG but it is so generic that clothing, height, body type, and facial hair could literally apply to half the men in the area. (Heck, it could apply to half the men in MY area and I am 4 hours away.) Worse, the image resembles, in one way or another, almost every key player that pops up in the case-even those people that we KNOW are not involved.

Poor Libby. She did a great thing by taking that video and providing some evidence. What a tragedy, and luck on HIS part, that the POI is generic and blurry enough that he could be just about anyone.

I still think that LE released that photo NOT for people to use the image and apply it to people they see on the street, but for someone to use it as an additional piece to the puzzle. Someone out there is suspicious of someone in their life. They came home late that day, had unexplained wounds, took off from work when they usually don't, had torn clothing, unexplained blood on them, have taken an inexplicable interest in the case, etc. Someone out there isn't feeling "right" about a person they know. I believe LE is capitalizing on that and released the photo as a little nudge to give them that extra piece to make them feel confident in their suspicions.

I agree.

Maybe Webby should try to do a video at the same distance, take stills from the vid and blow them up. I understand that video caps are smaller size wise but that could depend on settings.

I think she did try that but it came out very blurry.

About 15 years ago there was a Lifetime movie about a killer in an apartment complex. I think it was called something like "The Deadly Complex" or "Death at the Condos." You know, something silly. Anyhoo. The only thing they had to go on was the fact that the guy was blonde and had blue eyes. So of course, every single man that the viewers met in the apartment complex had blonde hair and blue eyes.

I am starting to feel that way about this case. We have an image of BG but it is so generic that clothing, height, body type, and facial hair could literally apply to half the men in the area. (Heck, it could apply to half the men in MY area and I am 4 hours away.) Worse, the image resembles, in one way or another, almost every key player that pops up in the case-even those people that we KNOW are not involved.

Poor Libby. She did a great thing by taking that video and providing some evidence. What a tragedy, and luck on HIS part, that the POI is generic and blurry enough that he could be just about anyone.

I still think that LE released that photo NOT for people to use the image and apply it to people they see on the street, but for someone to use it as an additional piece to the puzzle. Someone out there is suspicious of someone in their life. They came home late that day, had unexplained wounds, took off from work when they usually don't, had torn clothing, unexplained blood on them, have taken an inexplicable interest in the case, etc. Someone out there isn't feeling "right" about a person they know. I believe LE is capitalizing on that and released the photo as a little nudge to give them that extra piece to make them feel confident in their suspicions.

I agree, only a stranger's likeness to the voice and photo just isn't enough. That LE is revisiting some of the earlier tips back when tipsters memories were fresh about something odd or unusual I think is a good thing. I'm sure the hundreds of officers who lent a hand to the investigation in the early weeks were capable, but considering tips were flowing in by the hundreds and thousands, they likely had to be scrutinized very quickly.

Carroll County Prosecutor Ives comment was interesting, back in March 14th.

DELPHI, Ind. -- Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives told FOX59 the law of averages favors that of the thousands of tips that have poured in and the hundreds of doors police and FBI agents have knocked on in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”
http://fox59.com/2017/03/14/prosecu...r-received-crucial-tip-due-to-scope-of-probe/

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/ar...s-hope-in-1998-slaying-of-mother-11180447.php

This recent development (link above) makes me think of something brought up here before that DNA (if any) could be matched to another unsolved crime where the POI has not been identified. Clearly, if that was the case here, I think that information would be released.

All that to say, I can't see how these crimes are related to the Delphi murders, but it is interesting to me, since a young girl was targeted in two of the connected cases, and the murders all appear the work of an SK transient, which is one thought many have shared.

Yes, the girls were in accompaniment of each other. Now a "light bulb": there was some period of time - around 30 min. - we didn't know where the girls were and what they did (some posters mentioned it). Could it be they voluntary separated for a short time for an unknown (to us) reason? Could it be BG from far saw only one of the two at first?
If one girl wanted to meet someone (male) at the end of the bridge and the other girl didn't want to be also present they may have separated perhaps? Teenies do such things if I remember right and because of my age a touch vague ....

Would it make sense to anybody??

I think that is very possible, though I don't think either was meeting anyone. That is just my opinion.

I had a friend I used to hike with all the time as a teen and we often went our own directions for a while- not even meeting anyone.

One of us might want to hike further and the other might want to rest under a tree and look at clouds. One might want to hike all the way up a hill and the other stay at the bottom. We had no issue separating for periods of time, deciding where to meet up again or one would wait for the other to return. It was very common with us.

I am so glad you brought this up. That has been bothering me too. IIRC law enforcement said they weren't in danger...why were the Feds there? Did they volunteer to come or were they called to help? I think they are monitoring and this fits a pattern of some kind. Because I'm wondering if the FBI is tracking someone who is a serial killer. And this crime fits a pattern or MO or maybe a "calling card"..

Love and Light
B.
moo

Does anyone know, if there are any video surveillance on the way to the cemetery or to the parking places (e.g. for the surveillance of private property, but "monitoring" also parts of the streets)? Have the video surveillances round Delphi´s gas stations been checked by LE ?

Does anyone know, if there are any video surveillance on the way to the cemetery or to the parking places (e.g. for the surveillance of private property, but "monitoring" also parts of the streets)? Have the video surveillances round Delphi´s gas stations been checked by LE ?

I do suspect all the surveillance camera evidence possible is important to examine. In the beginning, many thought there were cameras around the trail and that's where the image of BG came from. We learned quickly the image came from LG's phone. As far as I can tell, there are no trail cams, and video surveillance from convenient stores in the area didn't produce any useful leads.

LE told us not to let our girls go in pairs,go in a group...sounds like a huge warning
I missed the "don't go out in pairs" warning from LE. Thanks for bumping it. THAT is frightening. I recall from one of the earliest press conferences when Doug Carter asked "...why Delphi, why Abby and Libby, etc." I don't have the exact quote or a link but if I recall he also asked who is next. This comment alone makes me think they have known/suspected right from the start that this is the work of a serial predator/killer and fear/expect him to strike again if he isn't caught. This is horrifying. It is so hard to sit by with no updates, not knowing if an arrest is imminent, not knowing much of anything. My fear is he is only going to sit on idle for so long and then he will strike again. All IMO.

There are no authorized Facebook pages or groups regarding this case at this time.

LE wouldn't have to tell me if BG knew the girls didn't know them, how they died, if BG had an accomplice or not etc for me to keep an extra eye on my kids.

What I know from LE and media is enough to know there is a crazy on the streets and all parents I think are keeping out a little closer eye on their children/teens. idk

You don´t need any name for prepaid cards, but for technical network addressing purposes the location of the anonymous prepaid number 0664 1231231 is stored, in order to route the incoming call signal to the correct telecommunication tower.

That means the telecommunication providers´technical protocols have the information, that number 0664 1231231 e.g. on a every working day at 8:00 o´clock moves from Vienna suburbs (Mainstreet xy) to the inner city (Main place 2).

So the telecommunication providers protocols can tell LE the owner of number 0664 1231231probably lives in Vienna suburbs (Mainstreet xy) and is working in the city (Main place 2).

You don´t need any name for prepaid cards, but for technical network addressing purposes the location of the anonymous prepaid number 0664 1231231 is stored, in order to route the incoming call signal to the correct telecommunication tower.

That means the telecommunication providers´technical protocols have the information, that number 0664 1231231 e.g. on a every working day at 8:00 o´clock moves from Vienna suburbs (Mainstreet xy) to the inner city (Main place 2).

So the telecommunication providers protocols can tell LE the owner of number 0664 1231231probably lives in Vienna suburbs (Mainstreet xy) and is working in the city (Main place 2).

My understanding here is that it would only tell what cell towers that phone number would hit when connecting. People using burner phones for nefarious reasons may not keep their phone long. Make a few calls throwaway and then get a new one.

At least thats my understanding.

There are little differences between European and American Standards (e.g. US use another frequencies for cell pone), but in general the net architecture is quite the same.

Each cell phone turned on, logs in to the "next telecommunication tower". If you see on the top of your cell phone the sign for "connection", you can be sure that your number is "signed in" and in the protocols of your provider you can read: number 0664 1231231 is signed on May, the 29th at 8:30 pm on telecommunication tower 1, Delphi", signed off at 9:30, and signed on telecommunication tower 25 on kilometre 150 Highway xy at 9:45"

There are little differences between European and American Standards (e.g. US use another frequencies for cell pone), but in general the net architecture is quite the same.

Each cell phone turned on, logs in to the "next telecommunication tower". If you see on the top of your cell phone the sign for "connection", you can be sure that your number is "signed in" and in the protocols of your provider you can read: number 0664 1231231 is signed on May, the 29th at 8:30 pm on telecommunication tower 1, Delphi", signed off at 9:30, and signed on telecommunication tower 25 on kilometre 150 Highway xy at 9:45"

We have no disagreement with that. It's tying it to a person thats the issue correct?

Does anyone know why the BG photo and information was removed from the FBI most wanted list? Could that be a sign that they got him?

Correct. And you can usually sort the protocols also by date and location of a specific telecommunication tower.

So, any unusual "log in" in telecommunication tower Delphi 1, 2 or 3 could be filtered.

In consequence all protocols from all providers offering network services at Delphi tower 1,2,3 etc on Feb 13th should be screened on unusual numbers and/or unusual movements of cell phones.

PS: I´m a mother of two and I share my knowledge (I worked many years in a huge telecommunication company), because I hope LE will find this cowardly *******.

For the lovely Delphi daughters from Austria

Does anyone know why the BG photo and information was removed from the FBI most wanted list? Could that be a sign that they got him?

I never knew he was listed... are you talking about the ten most wanted?

Correct. And you can usually sort the protocols also by date and location of a specific telecommunication tower.

So, any unusual "log in" in telecommunication tower Delphi 1, 2 or 3 could be filtered.

In consequence all protocols from all providers offering network services at Delphi tower 1,2,3 etc on Feb 13th should be screened on unusual numbers and/or unusual movements of cell phones.

PS: I´m a mother of two and I share my knowledge (I worked many years in a huge telecommunication company), because I hope LE will find this cowardly *******.

For the lovely Delphi daughters from Austria

I think any phone numbers going in and out of the girls phone LE has.

The problem is if its a burner phone they can't trace it to a person. Only a location when it hits a cell tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon