IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies, as I'm sure this has been discussed somehwere in the previous 59 threads - but has there been news about any sort of online communication between the two girls and anybody "suspicious?" I know that's a vague question - I mean any sort of social media back-and-forth between either girl and someone who can't quite be accounted for.

I'm sure the girls' social media accounts have been thoroughly investigated - I'm just curious as to whether anything has been released.

Yes, I realize practically NOTHING from the investigation has been released. Just figured I'd ask.

BoP, I always love your posts because they are usually pointing me back to the facts. That helps to keep me grounded in reality while my brain flies off into Neverland, LOL!

BBM I hope you don't mind me jumping off your statements but I concur with your point and would like to add some thoughts I am having as of late.

I Know many here feel that LE doesn't owe us any explanation or isn't under any obligation to provide us with additional information. And, while that is actually true, we now have the social media aspect to add to the mix. SM adds a new dimension in which all sorts of theories are allowed to sprout and grow wings as people (and whole groups) reach their own conclusions, often based on rumor, simply because LE won't give the most basic of details.

While that in itself is not too problematic, it becomes so when based on these theories innocent people are targeted relentlessly and character aassasination runs rampant. Not here of course, WSer's are wonderfully wonderful always, sleuthing and forming theories is our thing, but we have all had a gander at other sites and it is brutal. Because of this LE is forced to spend time stamping out the rumors and the finger-pointing.

Another issue I see with the new SM dimension is that there may be hundreds, if not thousands, of tips turned in to LE based on these speculations. These tips have to be sifted through, possibly causing LE to spend precious resources and man hours following up on each and every piece of paper and every single phone message with tips from the public that could be used pursuing the killer. How many of these tips would never even be turned in if we had answers to the most basic of questions, like cause of death, for instance.

I totally understand that LE needs to keep details of the case close to the breast, but ALL of them? I wonder if they aren't doing themselves a bit of a disservice in doing so.

All of the above is moooooooooooo and imo, of course.

^^
^^^^^
^^^^^^^
Great Post !!!

I totally agree.
I think it would go a long way to help if there was a press conference status update type meeting where they could provide an update to the public and media and provide some basic information that should not hurt the investigation.

Even if very little is shared it would go a long ways to give the public some assurance that they are still aggressively working the case.

In other cases where LE gets more face time directly with the public it was well received and most people really appreciate that. They do need to have a good spokesperson that is good at it though. Sometimes if they have a bad spokesperson that is not skilled at speaking publicly with media then it can have the opposite effect. They need to be sure to have someone that is good at the podium when doing that sort of face to face meeting with the public.

I do think some sort of update would really help this case. It may even make the perp get a little panicky and maybe force them to make a mistake like speaking to someone who then goes to LE with a new tip.

Just thought I'd take a little random survey...

1. How many of you think BG is local and has your theory changed, and if so why?

2. If you do believe he is local why do you think he has not been identified yet?

3. If you do not believe he is local what do you believe brought him to Delphi?

I think he is local and likely has spent many years there, and i believe he has probably been identified by many, and that we just haven't seen an arrest yet.

1. How many of you think BG is local and has your theory changed, and if so why?

2. If you do believe he is local why do you think he has not been identified yet?

I'm leaning toward a local or someone who used to be local.

My opinion is based on his knowledge of the bridge when a lot of the locals aren't even familiar with its location. I also find it unlikely a person from out of town would target the park in the middle of a work day that just happened to be the same day the area school was out. As to him not being identified, I think he might already be identified, but that they are building a case. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finally caught up after not being able to read here for days.

Still nothing from LE, huh? :sigh:

I'm not yet on the 'case is getting cold' bandwagon, but I'm certainly getting close.

May today be THE day.

Have a great night/morning all. Keep on keepin' on.

:peace:
It feels chilly. Like early October-chilly, when sweater weather is on the horizon.

The above is just my opinion.

I dont believe he is local to Delphi. Probably Layafayette, Flora or Monticello perhaps. I think he knows the trails through some kind of historical interest or hunting or fishing. I think he knows the girls via education or sport in some way and that is why he is not identified yet IMO.

After seeing some old pictures of people I know, I realized that a large weight change can completely change the way a person looks. This is really a long shot, but it might fit the situation. If a boy grows up in a small town and is very overweight for his entire life, and then moves away, loses a lot of weight (possibly 100+ pounds) and comes back, how many people would be likely to recognize a blurry picture of him?

If he always wore long hair, a full beard and mustache while losing the weight and later, how many people who knew him after he lost the weight would recognize him in a blurry picture of him with a shave and haircut? If he had moved again and cleaned up before getting to his new area, his new neighbor may not recognize him either, especially if he moved to a large city.

There must be other ways that a person could go unrecognized by people who know him, so I don't want to assume that there are people out there who know who he is and aren't saying. I just hope that anyone who even has a slight himt reports it, and that LE checks into it thoroughly if anyone does. MOO

#3...I think he was/is a trolling serial killer. Why he chose the Delphi area will only be known when he is caught. Maybe a past connection to the area.

The active cemetery where he may have parked has always caught my interest. Possibly a connection to a more or less recent burial.

moo, of course

I have two votes.

For Vote #1, I agree with this and this would be one of my votes too. .

I think the reason he has not been caught is if he was a real random serial killer who left the area shortly after the crime.

I think his job or business took him to the town and it is one of his MOs in that he strikes in a town that he knows he will be only staying for a very short time.

I am very sure he had been to that town before to know of the bridge. I also suspect he was only in town for a very short time and he knew he was leaving the town likely that same day.

The part where I am struggling with this case is how he got out of the area as the search parties started to arrive that afternoon. I am not sure if he was on foot or had a motorcycle nearby or a vehicle or something else.

His exit strategy is very puzzling and it is the one reason my Vote #2 would be a local who lived near the bridge

I am going back to the volunteer searcher who found the bodies. I believe RL said it was a neighbour of his who found the bodies but I can't remember where I saw this. It may have been in the media thread when I was reviewing it or on an old thread. Can anyone remember?

Yes that is why I think solving either the Flora arson or this murder could help . To have six young girls killed is very strange IMO.

I also believe it wasn't RL's alibi that they were talking about.

Could you link to the alibis quote and also to the reduction in LE numbers within days of the search?

TIA.
i guess LE used the word "lied"

Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

http://fox59.com/2017/03/24/authori...cess-in-delphi-double-homicide-investigation/

# 3 : I'm not sure if drugs brought him but I do believe they are involved in some way. Nothing LE has said has turned my attention in any other direction. There's the "twist" and "This is all very complicated, very involved"...

And for the record, I've never believed that RL is involved. No motive and Not a suspect. It's all MOO.

1. Local in that he grew up or lived in the area not necessarily Delphi proper though.

2. No DNA in CODIS (yet) to match or no probable cause yet to get a court order for DNA. And/or he moved away.

Sorry but what is a "trolling serial killer". Is it auto correct or just something I have never heard before?

Sorry but what is a "trolling serial killer". Is it auto correct or just something I have never heard before?

No, not auto correct; it was what I meant to say. To me it means a serial killer who trolls for victims.

Think about Ted Bundy--over the years he drove thousands of miles looking for victims.

I dont believe he is local to Delphi. Probably Layafayette, Flora or Monticello perhaps. I think he knows the trails through some kind of historical interest or hunting or fishing. I think he knows the girls via education or sport in some way and that is why he is not identified yet IMO.
RL knows the area very well. he has lived there for decades and he use to walk the woods "all the time, day or night." that is a quote straight from him.

Don't have a link, but this is what Emily Longnecker posted either on FB or Twitter, I can't remember.

Emily Longnecker WTHR
17 March at 21:37 ·
I'm back in Delphi tonight, where investigators spent the day searching the property of Ron Logan. He's the man on whose property, search crews found the bodies of Libby German and Abby Williams in a secluded and wooded area, 100 yards from Logan's home. Police say they've come back here after receiving information that has led them to believe some of the details Logan originally gave them, just don't add up. Still police caution people from jumping to any conclusions. They've searched other properties in this case too. Logan is in jail right now on an unrelated probation violation. I talked with his neighbor Marvin tonight who told me, "I think they're doing him more of a favor than they are harm because if they go back through and they can't find nothing, you have no right to accuse him of anything. I mean that was his property that could have been anybody's property."

Yes that is why I think solving either the Flora arson or this murder could help . To have six young girls killed is very strange IMO.

I also believe it wasn't RL's alibi that they were talking about.

Could you link to the alibis quote and also to the reduction in LE numbers within days of the search?

TIA.

Don't have a link, but this is what Emily Longnecker posted either on FB or Twitter, I can't remember.

Emily Longnecker WTHR
17 March at 21:37 ·
I'm back in Delphi tonight, where investigators spent the day searching the property of Ron Logan. He's the man on whose property, search crews found the bodies of Libby German and Abby Williams in a secluded and wooded area, 100 yards from Logan's home. Police say they've come back here after receiving information that has led them to believe some of the details Logan originally gave them, just don't add up. Still police caution people from jumping to any conclusions. They've searched other properties in this case too. Logan is in jail right now on an unrelated probation violation. I talked with his neighbor Marvin tonight who told me, "I think they're doing him more of a favor than they are harm because if they go back through and they can't find nothing, you have no right to accuse him of anything. I mean that was his property that could have been anybody's property."
i just can't see having your home searched in connection to a double homicide as any kind of "favor".

i guess LE used the word "lied"

Some of the alibis given to police investigating Liberty German and Abigail Williams' killings turned out to be less than truthful.

“We’re going deeper with alibis that are provided,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said. “Part of the reason … we have learned of people who have lied to us on the alibi.”

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

http://fox59.com/2017/03/24/authori...cess-in-delphi-double-homicide-investigation/
The alibis article does not even mention RL and is talking about alibis of people in general. Were does it refer to RL's alibi not checking out? i have not read anywhere that he is in jail for lying about an alibi.

The other article mentions investigator numbers falling because tips have reduced to a manageable number not because of the search at RL's property, which was a week earlier.

i just can't see having your home searched in connection to a double homicide as any kind of "favor".

He didn't mean that LE did RL a 'favor' in that sense...He meant that by LE searching the property again and not finding anything of evidentiary value, means that RL is NOT involved in the murders of Abby and Libby.

It's pretty obvious to me RL isn't the killer as well.

Obviously, YMMV.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members