IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are plenty of murders that occur without being sexually motivated or some type of revenge killing. the person could have simply just snapped

RL didn't "snap" and kill two young girls. Not a chance, IMO

MOO

I think he absolutely woke up that day with murder on his mind, like he probably does most days. This is a predator with a dangerously warped pathology. I'm not sure what "snapped" means or how it would occur with children he didn't know, but normal men don't wake up one day and just happen to find themselves in a remote woods killing two 12 years old girls. That's not an accident. How would an adult man end up in a random deadly confrontation with two 12 year old girls out of the blue. Yes murders happen every day that aren't sexually motivated. Those are murders that occur between peers and people that know each other. Not with strangers. Especially not with strangers when one is an adult man and the victims are female children.

I think the few facts we have serve to validate this. In the recording the man is calm, calculated. Ordering them off the trail and into the woods where people won't be around. He's not yelling at them nor are they at him, nothing to indicate an altercation. The whole basis of the recording is that Libby turned her recorder on when she sensed they were in danger. The man was still approaching when she turned the recorder on, so she felt they were in danger before any kind of altercation could have occurred. Her spider sense went off when she sensed a predator approaching.

Great post! :cheers:

He really does have some very good points. I wonder if in both cases it could be SA resulting in one (perhaps accidental) death and then the second death being necessary. JMO

The Iowa case is interesting in some of the similarities however keep in mind the general character of that father is questionable for a good reason.

"About a year and a half later, Lyric's father Dan Morrissey was sentenced to 90 years for multiple, unrelated drug charges."
http://www.kwwl.com/story/35322823/2017/05/Tuesday/lyrics-father-speaks-out-in-prison-interview

Jmo
I don't understand why the search was called off.
No matter it was dark or near water. There were 2 young girls missing. Searches don't just stop for the night.

I also don't understand the silence from this entire area.

JMO...
Way back in the threads I remember There was a link to MSM that stated on the 13th the areas around the bridge and downstream from the bridge were searched in case one or both girls had fallen. The girls were found upstream from the bridge, so we don't know how long or how extensively areas upstream or on or around RL's property were searched on the 13th. It was also stated in MSM that the family/friend speculation was the girls could have gone to another friend's house, were with other friends, went to a brother's house, tried hitchhiking to Libby's mom's house, etc, etc, etc. No one suspected foul play. They probably all thought the girls would turn up alive, probably cold and hungry, but certainly not harmed by anyone. Small town life is different. I went through culture shock when I found out people didn't lock their doors when they went to bed. Or when they run into the grocery store and leave the engine running and the car unlocked (because the keys are in the ignition) so the heater or a/c can stay on and the car won't be too cold or hot when they come out. And the vehicle is always there when they're done shopping. No grand theft auto! I remember being a teenager and pressing the power locks to lock the car and my mom yelling not to because she was leaving the motor running and my dad had the other set of keys. Not locking your car? Leaving it running? I was in shock. Speechless. It's just totally different in a small town. Totally. If anyone's interested, go watch a rerun of the Andy Griffith show. Tiny towns are like Mayberry, except now they have the Internet and satellite TV. HTH.
JMO.

they don't have DNA..there would have been an arrest. Science can even find family members related to a sample of DNA, so that would mean neither the killer nor any of his family members have ever had their DNA taken. That is beyond the pale to me. Ergo no DNA

I agree, I don't think they have any DNA.

LE said early on they did not feel it was a serial killer. in fact, they said it is likely that it is someone local.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...se-dont-spread-rumors-in-delphi-investigation Police ask the public to stop rumors of a serial killer.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...se-dont-spread-rumors-in-delphi-investigation

http://fox59.com/2017/03/13/police-...est-a-month-into-delphi-murder-investigation/

they have greatly reduced the number of LE and FBI through the "normalization" process.http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...me-base-continue-to-search-for-murder-suspect

LE doesn't have enough evidence that points to it being a SK. They can't know if it's a SK or not until they arrest the killer. LE says things such as this all the time. If you look at pretty much every thread here at the beginning of a missing person's case, LE usually says, "There is no evidence of foul play at this time". (Of course, we all know this not to be true). Evidence. They need evidence.

You (collectively) have to understand LE speak in order to actually 'get' what they are saying. As I said plenty of times, on this thread and elsewhere, they cannot rule out a SK until they know who the killer is.

It's obvious that they don't know who the killer is since the last time we heard from them, they were once again begging the public for tips in identifying BG. (again, who is not RL)

LE doesn't ask for tips on a perpetrator unless they actually need them.

MOO

That's a great point. A dominant relative (who may even have seemed like a spokesperson for the family) may have influenced that decision. Meanwhile, other factions of the family may have followed their instincts and continued the search independently. I never thought of that. I've always assumed that when the family search continued, it was all inclusive. A split there never even occurred to me. Thanks Ember123!

And if that's the case, I sure hope LE examines that spokesperson-seeming person with extra care.

The above is just my opinion.

I see nothing whatsoever that raises red flags in the grandfathers interview with the media. The grandfather spoke to the media and attempted to describe various possibilities to explain the girls disappearance but that did not make him a spokesperson. For one thing, Libby didn't live with him.

Secondly it appears LE had absolutely no evidence that first evening to indicate foul play. Searches are simply not very effective in the darkness and people need their sleep to function. That they got a few hours sleep so they can be prepared to begin again the next morning is how things work in smaller centres with limited resources.

Further to that, in my world people and especially teenagers are not always 100% responsible all the time and are not where they're supposed to be. What he describes is very commonly the thoughts of the family to rationalize an unexplainable absence. "Maybe, maybe, maybe this or that......". But unless there is evidence of foul play, it would be downright wierd for family members to presume the girls were victims of homicide. This is the very same reason that families of missing children still maintain hope for years and even decades that the missing loved one will be found alive. MOO

I see nothing whatsoever that raises red flags in the grandfathers interview with the media. The grandfather spoke to the media and attempted to describe various possibilities to explain the girls disappearance but that did not make him a spokesperson. For one thing, Libby didn't live with him.

Secondly it appears LE had absolutely no evidence that first evening to indicate foul play. Searches are simply not very effective in the darkness and people need their sleep to function. That they got a few hours sleep so they can be prepared to begin again the next morning is how things work in smaller centres with limited resources.

Further to that, in my world people and especially teenagers are not always 100% responsible all the time and are not where they're supposed to be. What he describes is very commonly the thoughts of the family to rationalize an unexplainable absence. "Maybe, maybe, maybe this or that......". But unless there is evidence of foul play, it would be downright wierd for family members to presume the girls were victims of homicide. This is the very same reason that families of missing children still maintain hope for years and even decades that the missing loved one will be found alive. MOO
I don't remember saying anything about the grandfather.

If LE has more audio then they must know the motive right?
They would have to be very aware exactly what happened and a little insight as to the person committing the crime.

I do not think murder was the intent here.
He walked right across that bridge anyone could have seen him.
Jmo

I agree. Because LE has released very little information other than asking for tips in order to identify the suspect/s, in seeking help from the general public it's easy to presume they also know little or nothing about what actually occurred.

But that can't be so as they've stated many times that they are withholding information in order to protect the investigation. It's entirely possible by now they have built a strong theory of absolutely everything that transpired and it's only the "who" that remains uncertain.

JMO...
Way back in the threads I remember There was a link to MSM that stated on the 13th the areas around the bridge and downstream from the bridge were searched in case one or both girls had fallen. The girls were found upstream from the bridge, so we don't know how long or how extensively areas upstream or on or around RL's property were searched on the 13th. It was also stated in MSM that the family/friend speculation was the girls could have gone to another friend's house, were with other friends, went to a brother's house, tried hitchhiking to Libby's mom's house, etc, etc, etc. No one suspected foul play. They probably all thought the girls would turn up alive, probably cold and hungry, but certainly not harmed by anyone. Small town life is different. I went through culture shock when I found out people didn't lock their doors when they went to bed. Or when they run into the grocery store and leave the engine running and the car unlocked (because the keys are in the ignition) so the heater or a/c can stay on and the car won't be too cold or hot when they come out. And the vehicle is always there when they're done shopping. No grand theft auto! I remember being a teenager and pressing the power locks to lock the car and my mom yelling not to because she was leaving the motor running and my dad had the other set of keys. Not locking your car? Leaving it running? I was in shock. Speechless. It's just totally different in a small town. Totally. If anyone's interested, go watch a rerun of the Andy Griffith show. Tiny towns are like Mayberry, except now they have the Internet and satellite TV. HTH.
JMO.
Upstream from the bridge means upstream from the north section of the bridge that goes over the creek. However, they were downstream from the south end of the bridge. I.e. from the south end of the bridge "down the hill" to the CS was actually in a downstream direction I believe.

They had the SC pictures so they would have searched from the South end to Abbeys house maybe knocking on doors (as they did with RL) and the other way to the creek along both banks and also along the bridge on the land underneath its length all the way along IMO, as well as checking all friends and relatives. That search on the 13th involved scores of people.

Sorry u don't sleep when two young girls are missing

I don't remember saying anything about the grandfather.

That was my mistake then, my apologies. I think the post to which you replied was in reference to this specific interview, and various reasons why the paternal grandfather indicated the family didn't immediately expect foul play, so I just added some of my thoughts in reply to your post.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-one-murdered-Indiana-teens-speaks-out.html

We have lots of tree stands where I live, I was thinking that the bridge I is like a giant tree stand when someone in a previous thread mentioned that you were level with the treetops while on it.

I know in many areas that is how deer are hunted. I didn't think of the bridge being like a deer stand because I am not familiar with deer stands other than hearing about them. I do see the bridge as a great lookout spot to see who else is in the area. Pretty sure he knew there was no one else around before he made his move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper