IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a very valid point however he/they would have had a choice. Leave it where it was or move it and risk being pinged where it shouldn't have been.
This is exactly why this should be discussed more.
Would t that person after not getting a response from them after calling the phone( if he or she even did) wouldn't they start calling for them go out on the bridge looking for them....
What did this person do?
I'm Interested.

Yeah that's what I thought. Call that a hill? Try the Brecon Beacons where the SAS train :-(

It would be difficult for a 77 year old to cross that creek in February chasing a couple of athletes though IMO or anyone come to that. The reporter looked like he nearly slipped over a couple of times in his Crombie.
Sorry shouldn't laugh but agree with SS i thought it was a small slope when i saw the photos :-(

To me RL being a suspect is incredulous. He would know the path could be busy and that he could be seen. He commits a murder and leaves them without being concealed on his own property with plenty of DNA to gather up?
No. Can't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight on HLN they will have a new series called " Beyond a Reasonable Doubt." The case presented tonight is the Gary Ridgeway Serial Killer Case and how advances in DNA led to his arrest after many years. If the Delphi Killer turns out to be a SK I hope it won't take years to locate him and bring him to justice. Another Friday is half over and still no word on any progress. When they do find this killer do we just find out on the news or is Tricia monitoring this and will then alert us? This is my first case so I was wondering about how we on this sight will know quickly. Still praying for the girls and their families as I'm sure you are too. It is really the only positive thing we can do at this point imo.

Iowa case-

I've never discounted the fact they could be related. However, I've never had this gut feeling that says - Yep! Completely related. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

What the Iowa case and Delphi case do not have in common is foliage. Next to my office there is land exactly like that of Delphi and RL's property. In the winter, I can see so many things and also far off into the distance.

Today I stepped outside and I couldn't see a thing because of the leaves on trees and blooming bushes. Iowa perp had foliage to camouflage his crime. Delphi perp did not. If it's the same guy, wouldn't he wait until summer so no one could look into the forest and possibly see something? Delphi perp seemed to want this done at a certain time. As if he was on a timeframe. He's lucky someone like me wasn't around who likes to simply stand and look at things in the distance.

To me RL being a suspect is incredulous. He would know the path could be busy and that he could be seen. He commits a murder and leaves them without being concealed on his own property with plenty of DNA to gather up?
No. Can't see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
or he could know that it would not be busy. he has lived there for 53 years. he may know better than anyone how busy the area is on any given day or any given month. also, after decades and decades of living there his DNA is likely all over the place.

I do not think LE has a clue who committed this heinous crime. Billboards are still up re the case and there is a possibility that BG was passing through . If the BG is local, then someone is bound to let something slip soon because this is something that will eventually drive someone over the edge. MOO

or he could know that it would not be busy. he has lived there for 53 years. he may know better than anyone how busy the area is on any given day or any given month. also, after decades and decades of living there his DNA is likely all over the place.

Hard to predict for anyone like a long term resident to know how many ppl will hike in a certain location on a given day. From the online and verbal reviews of the hiking area, sounds like it was a popular place to go for teens. That is one disadvantage of owning property such as RL does because you never know what you will find on your property. The parcel map shows a pretty good idea of the area and the perp or perps could of entered from any direction and RL's property was pretty close to the bridge for some one to leave the bodies.

We don't know everything they have collected or the particular tactics that LE are using but from the outside looking in I think one of their biggest mistakes in this case has been all the arresting of less serious crimes.That's the sort of thing I was trying to say when I said a PI could get info from people in ways a LE officer could not.If people think they are going to be busted for petty crimes because they have to say how they know what they know pertaining to the girls,I just don't see their good nature prevailing,after all,they were criminals to begin with right?Why all the sudden interest in arresting petty criminals now?What were you guys doing prior to this? I saw a YT video,I think it was RTV6 news but maybe not,that ran a story about how the gas station directly across the street from the sheriff's dept has been robbed 3 times.I think they only caught one perp.Directly across the street man.

I see on Cold Case Files all the time where old evidence sits in a freezer and they retest it to get a match....considering BG ain't no spring chicken, I think it's likely this is a possibility, that he's got his DNA sitting in a freezer or cold case file box somewhere, moo.

Also, I haven't seen any replies to my posts re: the rope and the Cold Case Files episode I needed screenshot help with, maybe I missed it? Or nobody replied lol.

"margarita25 said:05-27-2017 12:16 AM

I think I've found some good potential matches for the possible rope. Some I have in my possession, reminder to elaborate.

Secondly, Cold Case Files, Episode "The Tournequit: Burning Desire, 2002. 0:17."

Here is the link to the episode I please need help with screenshotting at 0:17:
http://www.aetv.com/shows/cold-case-files/season-4/episode-16

Also, again I think the rope is part of a kill kit, but what about maybe a lanyard...the other day mine poked out of my windbreaker very similarly...I doubt he'd wear an ID badge on a murder hunt though...

I see on Cold Case Files all the time where old evidence sits in a freezer and they retest it to get a match....considering BG ain't no spring chicken, I think it's likely this is a possibility, that he's got his DNA sitting in a freezer or cold case file box somewhere, moo.

Also, I haven't seen any replies to my posts re: the rope and the Cold Case Files episode I needed screenshot help with, maybe I missed it? Or nobody replied lol.

I think I've found some good potential matches for the possible rope. Some I have in my possession, reminder to elaborate.

Secondly, Cold Case Files, Episode "The Tournequit: Burning Desire, 2002. 0:17."

Also, again I think the rope is part of a kill kit, but what about maybe a lanyard...the other day mine poked out of my windbreaker very similarly...I doubt he'd wear an ID badge on a murder hunt though...
Binoculars on a white lanyard and both were bunched up with his gear so lanyard was loosely poking out?

You said something about shooting a person? I am new to posting here, but have been lurking for quite sometime, following the case closely via media outlets and Websleuths. This is the first I'm hearing specifically of shooting. Is this an assumption on your part or has this information actually been released and I simply missed it?? Thank you in advance 🙏🏽

I have been keeping lists and using the evidence to narrow down the possibilities. Some of what I have found so far is below. This is the only method I can think of for honing in on the killer and vetting POIs.

Thoughts?

1. Who would not be working on a Monday afternoon?

2. Who would know that the school was closed or had a planned early dismissal?

3. Who would know this location well enough to be comfortable abducting the girls and dumping their bodies there, and potentially assaulting and/or killing them there as well?

When I consider all these factors, logic leads me to believe that the killer:
- Is local to some degree
- Planned the crime to some extent

This has yet to bring me closer to knowing a viable suspect, but as we discuss and debate various possibilities, I believe it is critical we keep our lists in order to avoid going down unnecessary rabbit holes, especially in a case with as little released information as this one.

Any other thoughts on this presentation? Am I missing important factors? Are any of my assumptions inaccurate based on what little evidence we have?
SBM
I'll try to come up with some you may have missed, although you were pretty thorough.
1. - Someone who works the graveyard shift. He could have done it, removed an outer layer of clothes, cleaned up and gone to work a couple hours later.
- Mail carrier. Unless they've changed things since I had the job, they have rotating days off. Every few weeks, the days would be Sunday & Monday.
- Teachers, aides and kitchen staff from the school.
2. - Anyone working for that school district, from janitors and bus drivers to administrators.
- Parents, grandparent, other relatives of students.
- Spouses, friends and relatives of staff.
- Neighbors of students or staff
3. - Hunters
- Fishermen
- Surveyors
- Children or grandchildren of locals/former locals
- Cemetery workers (grave diggers, groundskeepers, etc.)
- Frequent visitors to cemetery (possibly exploring area at times to work off grief)
- SK checking out potential crime spots?

I agree that it's good to keep some order to our facts and speculation so we don't start confusing which is which. You seem to have done a very good job to me. Thanks.
Eileen, can you theorise why you think it is important? Everything is important imo but what are we missing?
I think it's important because it affects the ways the girls could have been seen, and where BG may have been when he first saw them. It would also help determine how long it took to get to the point they were when AW's picture was taken (was it shortly after getting to the spot or had they wandered other parts of the trail first?

I don't think
There are times when I don't either! :thinking:

Perhaps initially LE felt that statistically, victims are generally known to their killer, but have since changed their minds. We don't know if they now feel this was random, a chance meeting. They probably thought a solid suspect would emerge quickly. Since that has not happened, their theories of whether or not it was random may be different by now. Jmo
I think one thing to remember (that I remind myself of) is that just because the victim is known to the killer, it doesn't mean the killer was known to the victim/s. A young lady may never notice the guy stocking shelves at the grocery store, but he may be fascinated by her and learn a lot about her by watching what she buys and hearing what she say to friends and others while shopping. Same thing with people like the mail carrier, gas meter reader, trash collector, etc. A lot of people are basically invisible to the majority of the people they encounter on a regular basis, but it doesn't mean they are blind to those around them.

Iowa case-

I've never discounted the fact they could be related. However, I've never had this gut feeling that says - Yep! Completely related. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised either way.

What the Iowa case and Delphi case do not have in common is foliage. Next to my office there is land exactly like that of Delphi and RL's property. In the winter, I can see so many things and also far off into the distance.

Today I stepped outside and I couldn't see a thing because of the leaves on trees and blooming bushes. Iowa perp had foliage to camouflage his crime. Delphi perp did not. If it's the same guy, wouldn't he wait until summer so no one could look into the forest and possibly see something? Delphi perp seemed to want this done at a certain time. As if he was on a timeframe. He's lucky someone like me wasn't around who likes to simply stand and look at things in the distance.
Actually, there wasn't that much foliage where the IA girls were taken. If I remember correctly, you could see across the lake/pond from where their bikes and EC's purse were found. I don't think he picks that kind of place to commit his crimes because of the foliage, I think he's just more comfortable in that atmosphere than in a city/town surrounded by a lot of people.

As always, this is all MOO

Just saw on the ISP websight that the State Lab that does DNA testing etc just received national accreditation today for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257