IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When this first happened and the only "evidence" released was that brief audio and the images from Libby's phone this case saddened me. We will never truly know what or how Libby knew to do this at that moment in time. Did she take those pictures for a reason or out of fear? Like just practising her photography skills? It's so haunting now to think Libby's actions that day might be what brings her killer to justice.

As far as the audio that truly haunts me. From the beginning in all msm it's been stated that the audio says "down the hill." I don't know if this matters or if it's important but I hear him saying "go down the hill." Which implies this was being recorded in the moments before they were murdered. It also makes me wonder when Libby switched on the recording function? Did she record the full encounter or when she realized they were both in trouble?

It's sad that Libby was doing all the right things to protect herself and her friend, but it's hard to overcome a adult man. He seems to be telling them to go down the hill, but what did he say before and while they were going down that hill?

This is true. I'm from New England and this never touched any of our local stations; I read one article about it on a national news website when it first occurred and even then it wasn't front page news. I think we should all take a few minutes out of our day and send emails asking local stations for coverage of the sketch- you never know what has the potential to make a break in the case for these girls and their families.
That's an excellent idea. Even if he's not from another area, he could have relatives and friends anywhere.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Would it make anyone feel better if we replaced that cap with a baseball cap? And subsequently not focus on it.

Lol, and or Elmer Fudd...

"Here's the hat but don't look at it", haha.

I just watched "True Crime," a very well done New Zealand TV series. The first episode was about the Brent Garner case, where a cop set up a huge elaborate ruse to burn his house down and escape his life. (So interesting if you're not familiar.)

Anyway, the police did not release the identikit sketch until they were pretty sure Garner had done this. He had essentially described himself in the sketch, and police wanted him to suspect they were onto him.

I tend to think the police in this case have a very good idea who this guy is.

Let's hope so -- and also hoping that the drawing of the possible suspect reinforced their ideas about him. If he is local, then as I said earlier, someone will recognize him -- surely. But IDK if someone's description of a person <she> saw on the bridge would be enuff for an arrest, but it certainly should be enuff IMO for LE to speak to him & maybe for him to come in to headquarters "help" them with the case.

Oh, I hope we are close to an arrest on this one. I hope...

You are right, he probably isn't connected but if it was someone passing thru like a truck driver, he could be anywhere by now. And they did put up nationwide billboards shortly after the girls were found so that must have been a possibility.

Really hoping they put the sketch up on nationwide billboards.

This kind of thing needs to get out in other ways, in addition to local news. Things like going around Facebook or being in website ads. I'm in my 30s and I've never watched local news, we don't even have cable. No one I know has cable tv anymore (other than my parents). Things like this need to go viral on Reddit or pop up on the Facebook side bar news feed, for maximum eyes on the sketch.

As an example, I guarantee you my husband hasn't seen this sketch or heard about this murder. We live in the midwest, don't watch the news on tv, don't get newspapers. We read all our news online, a large variety of sources.

I live in Wichita, KS area. This story has been on cable, dish, radio, paper news, local and national news. I have also seen it on FB news and people are sharing it. When in groups of people here, this story has been talked about. The people have relatives in Indiana and Illinois and they tell me it is a hot topic....even my family in Illinois knows. The story is out there but it needs to stay out there in order to catch the thing. Maybe the news you get just does not report it a lot and you missed it. That has happened. I know on FB I always share this story to keep it fresh in people's minds....especially my friends who do not read any news at all...they just do not like to hear bad things.

It would be great if we could get this sketch up at diners, gun ranges, bars, 7-11s, gas stations, golf clubs and anywhere guys go in the Delphi area and beyond.

It will be great when that one tip comes in that matches with the sketch, any DNA they have, other evidence.
I just have faith it's going to happen.

As far as the audio that truly haunts me. From the beginning in all msm it's been stated that the audio says "down the hill." I don't know if this matters or if it's important but I hear him saying "go down the hill." Which implies this was being recorded in the moments before they were murdered. It also makes me wonder when Libby switched on the recording function? Did she record the full encounter or when she realized they were both in trouble?

My theory is that they noticed this man following them, and they were walking with their backs to him, holding up the phone and using the front-facing "selfie" camera to see and record the video of him (sort of like using a rear view mirror). The poor resolution of the video would support this as front-facing cameras typically record lower quality video compared to the main camera. As he got closer I think she put the phone in her pocket with the video still recording, so my guess is that there is one long recording of this entire thing starting from when they recorded the man behind them on the bridge. It's such a scary and sad story and the fact that it seems likely (to me) that it was recorded in this way makes it worse, but I pray it helps lead to his capture.

Bringing this forward again...I'm just not sure if I believe everything being said, jmo, moo, imo. LE has been known to fib if they need to.

Again, imo, Parabon might have played a strong role here. And for whatever reason, they don't want us to know they have DNA. Moo. And IF this is the case, why not?

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an*FBIsketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police.

Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed."

Snip

""We want to know who he is," State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said at a news conference. "If we can get somebody to come forward with more information &#8212; if we can get a name or at least a location of this subject &#8212; that would be great."

He said the sketch is "an artist's composite of the information" collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

Riley said fear may have played a role in the witness' decision not to come forward sooner with a description of the suspect.

"People are scared. They're scared to be recognized by the subject. It just takes a while for these things to happen," he said."

Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/indiana-police-release-evidence-killing-teens-48677844

"With the spike in tips, also comes a spike in theories on social media.

Many people have shared a photo of a man next to the sketch, claiming they're the same person. In February, police asked the public not to jump to conclusions with ideas or theories.

"If the public observes officers working on this case, they are asked not to jump to conclusions, nor identify a person as a suspect without facts to back up the claims," Indiana State Police Sgt. Tony Slocum said. "It is not fair to that person."

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/crime/delphi-sketch-kicks-off-flurry-of-500-tips-theories

When this first happened and the only "evidence" released was that brief audio and the images from Libby's phone this case saddened me. We will never truly know what or how Libby knew to do this at that moment in time. Did she take those pictures for a reason or out of fear? Like just practising her photography skills? It's so haunting now to think Libby's actions that day might be what brings her killer to justice.

It's sad that Libby was doing all the right things to protect herself and her friend, but it's hard to overcome a adult man. He seems to be telling them to go down the hill, but what did he say before and while they were going down that hill?

when I first listened to the audio all I could make out was "young male"..after several repeats I hear "down the hill".. I acquiesce to the police deciphering

Let's hope so -- and also hoping that the drawing of the possible suspect reinforced their ideas about him. If he is local, then as I said earlier, someone will recognize him -- surely. But IDK if someone's description of a person <she> saw on the bridge would be enuff for an arrest, but it certainly should be enuff IMO for LE to speak to him & maybe for him to come in to headquarters "help" them with the case.

Oh, I hope we are close to an arrest on this one. I hope...
Would they do a traditional line up for a witness to pick him out? To place him in the area at the time of the murders? Any witnesses will be essential to the case for this purpose. If DNA matches too and his alibi is weak then bingo. These witnesses are very brave .

Not what I expected. Feels generic to me. Maybe they did this simply to fend off public scrutiny. That they can't identify headwear but can produce a sketch this detailed feels worrisome. Then again maybe they really are headed in the right path and boy do I sure hope so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^That comment.

They eyes in the sketch are too young looking to be correct and it (even though I recognize from the stills that he may have a prominent nose) feels like the nose doesn't match the rest of the face at all. I cannot remember ever seeing a nose like that with such a defined jawline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a few posts mentioning how off sketches can be. I wanted to comment conversely that I have seen some amazing sketches that turned out to be dead on. I am in awe of these artists who have such a talent.

I've seen a few posts mentioning how off sketches can be. I wanted to comment conversely that I have seen some amazing sketches that turned out to be dead on. I am in awe of these artists who have such a talent.

I definitely don't discredit the skills of the artist .. I think primarily the issue is people's memory and ability to recall features correctly is the main reason why many sketches don't look the same IMO. Let's just hope this one is really dead on. I'm still curious about the eyebrows.. to me they look wrong... like they look too thin to go with the rest of the face and hair. I don't know if that's because they were guessing and were not able to see them, or just don't recall or if that is an accurate depiction of such.

Here is a flyer that can be downloaded it was made by a kind lady in the Facebook group she gave permission for it to be distributed wherever necessary.

IMG_0080.JPG

:welcome: to Websleuths, Healthyheath and M.Kay and ezpz !! We're glad you're with us!!:cheer::cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member