IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a site called GEDmatch.com that I was able to upload my DNA from my Ancestry DNA and then they have a selection for determine my eye color. They gave a scary accurate photo of a blue eye with amber flakes at the center just like mind.

In New England, odds are only a few tens of thousands have heard about the murders and even fewer have seen the sketch. There just hasn't been a huge amount of coverage. So if he's from here or related to somebody here, it likely wouldn't have been reported yet.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I think I agree. I've been glued to this since it happened (because of websleuths) but I've seen very little in the news in my New England state. (Though to be fair I don't watch tons of news since it's depressing.) I haven't seen anything on any friends' or locals' facebooks. I still look at the face of every man I walk or drive by.

Maybe the new witness saw him in a different hat? They know this is the hat she saw him in, but they don't think it is the one he was wearing in Libby's video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kind of thing needs to get out in other ways, in addition to local news. Things like going around Facebook or being in website ads. I'm in my 30s and I've never watched local news, we don't even have cable. No one I know has cable tv anymore (other than my parents). Things like this need to go viral on Reddit or pop up on the Facebook side bar news feed, for maximum eyes on the sketch.

As an example, I guarantee you my husband hasn't seen this sketch or heard about this murder. We live in the midwest, don't watch the news on tv, don't get newspapers. We read all our news online, a large variety of sources.

So true. Near NYC. No one I knows has heard about it unless I tell them. That makes me sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea posted previously to check warehoused DNA from cold cases. I am hoping that women that might have been approached by BG in the past may have a lightbulb moment. Just from this crime, we have audio, photo, eyewitness sketches. Not too circumspect IMO. Or another red flag that he is a transient because he did place himself in public, well-lit areas where he might be seen. Praying for an arrest.

In NJ, saw online, maybe missed it on TV???

I'm in NJ as well (south) and the philly news channels aired the story yesterday, but i didn't see it on there today. Still I'm hoping people in this area saw the sketch!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Barbie619

So you don't hear the word GO? I tried to pretend I didn't hear it just so I could step in line with what was being reported...but it's clearly Go Down The Hill. The voice itself is not a deep voice but that doesn't really reveal anything to me in particular. I know men who are manly men and they have similar voices...
I heard "go" the first time I heard it, and each time since. It matters little, I guess, but the "go" does imply that they are not just having a conversation -- IMO, by this time, they are "his" and he is in charge and Liberty knew it, bless her heart. I hardly have any tears left, but what I just wrote makes me tear up all over again. Sweet little girls -- we'll never know the gifts they could have given their community or the world.

I think I agree. I've been glued to this since it happened (because of websleuths) but I've seen very little in the news in my New England state. (Though to be fair I don't watch tons of news since it's depressing.) I haven't seen anything on any friends' or locals' facebooks. I still look at the face of every man I walk or drive by.

:welcome: to Websleuths, KlaraBell !! We're glad you're here!! :cheer::cheer:

I am an adult woman and I would have fear about coming forward if my encounter with a murderer were such that I knew what color his eyes were not. I would come forward but the fear would be there. It is not really hard to find people now, people are getting easier and easier to track down. Pretty easy for people to play detective these days, look what all is online for sleuthers to go through. Most of the information has been a matter of public record, home ownership and things like that, but people used to have to physically go to the courthouse to see things like home ownership, business ownership, even criminal records. Now it is mostly available at your fingertips.

We really don't know how long it took her to come forward. Two things were stated by LE yesterday; that they had worked with witness/es for some time to come up with the sketch...and that it did take some time for at least one witness to come forward or sit with artist. We don't know how much time before they came forward though. I am not assuming the person just came forward.

The fact that there was some time frame before the person came forward really makes me wonder what the encounter was; did BG try to abduct her or more? That might have bearing on why she was reluctant to sit with artist. The emotions may have been fear but may have been reasoned fear. She may have had a serious encounter with him. I really don't think the witness just casually saw him on the trail or somewhere briefly. If the encounter was brief and without incident I would not think LE would be so sure of the details of witness memory for the sketch. I have wondered if the witness possibly saw him cleaning up afterward, that would be traumatic when the news of the crime came out. One day I went out to water my flowers and a teen age boy was using my garden hose to wash up, he had a bloody nose. I knew the boy and figured he had a fist fight and didn't want his mother to know, so was cleaning up before going home. Even knowing him, it gave me a real start to see him in my yard using my hose to clean blood off of himself. I can only imagine if it had turned out to be a murderer.

Maybe she came forward a while ago but they sat on the info because they had work to do to possibly solve the case with her info, without public involvement, but weren't able to. So now they release the info.

Interesting first post.

But I must correct you as your facts are not accurate. This is a direct quote from the moderator regarding closing the last thread

Due to a lack of any recent news or leads to discuss this thread will now close.

We have a wonderful group of people here who do at times get passionate about this case. But to say specifically a thread was shut down because abc was the reason when really it was def isn't fair.

IMO of course. Welcome to Websleuths. I feel like I've read your words somewhere before but I suppose not if you just joined.

:fence:

Well guys bickering with each other and focusing on things that don't matter (like apparently the exact style of hat used in the composite) certainly worked well and kept the thread open the last time so I guess it's a clever idea to do it in this new thread as well.

There are lots of people like me who mainly lurk these threads and don't post because Websleuths is probably the best place to read discussion about these kind of things and it would be a shame if it was ruined yet again because people can't seem to understand why the last thread was closed and then not do those same things again.

This is backseat modding and will probably be deleted but it needs to be said. I want to be able to see the joy and celebration on here when BG is caught and charged for his crimes, that can't happen if certain users are intent on ruining it for everybody else

My confusion, but wouldn't they have shown this witness the photos of all the RSOs we've been discussing? Would that not rule out everyone that's been put out there this far? Wouldn't the witness be able to confirm that when shown pictures?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My confusion, but wouldn't they have shown this witness the photos of all the RSOs we've been discussing? Would that not rule out everyone that's been put out there this far? Wouldn't the witness be able to confirm that when shown pictures?

I've wondered about this since yesterday. I can't decide if law enforcement would show the witness photos of persons of interest to rule them out. Or if they would be concerned that showing photos of suspects could interfere with the persons memory of BG.

Just my opinion I think we should focus on the sketch and photos provided by law enforcement that they want us to see, rather than sketches and images that have not been produced by them.

First of all welcome back to posting on WS! Those faces are very similar, IMO. The eyes -- spacing, tissue under the eyes; lips; ears close to the head & size; head shape. There may be a difference in
the space between the nose and lip (philtrum), however.

It's mighty close, IMO.

do you happen to have the date of that photo? I see he was sentenced in 89 and released in 07.. so I'm thinking he might resemble the new sketch less with the added age. thanks

Perhaps, he donned the hat on his way out of the park as a disguise, That is why he isn't wearing it in the picture taken by the girls.

Not if they have RSO's DNA already on file...

Wishful-thinker me was somewhat expecting an announcement by today. Oh well.

That would have been wonderful but unfortunately I think we will need to be patient. Law enforcement will get him but it won't happen over night. I just hope someone does the right thing and picks up the phone to make the call they need. The monster needs to be stopped before he kills again.

Earlier someone posted that the sketch lead to over 500 calls yesterday. So patience is important, just imagine how the family felt about this too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela