IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the eye color of blue is a misprint. His eyes look brown to me. I wonder if he wears tinted contacts sometimes.

I agree. When looking at pictures, it didn't occur to me that he had blue eyes. I was surprised to see that in the text. Definitely possible it was a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is copy and pasted from a now closed thread #58. Thanks to MistyWaters.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by MistyWaters
Early on in this case, snips regarding footprints......

"Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/l...l-county-teens

And from CNN.......

CASAREZ: Of course. You know, Jonna, they executed a search warrant Thursday night right before the show started at a home in Delphi. They were looking at the grass area around the home. They say nothing of evidentiary value came from that. But to search the grass surrounding the home shows they believe there were things missing from the crime scene, right?

JONNA SPILBOR, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Perhaps, or were they searching for a particular footprint that was going to match a footprint near the scene?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...0/ptab.01.html

"A set of footprints".....Thanks MistyWaters....many moons ago someone on this forum wanted proof of those words having been used .......and you found them. ☺

Just something to keep in mind about how somebody could acurately describe a person they bumped into on the bridge. More than likely the sketch artist asked for certain details , made several variations of renderings and the person then was asked to identify the one that looked the most like the person they saw that day. Then the artist would more than likely make subtle changes until the witness said oh thats him. More often than not I would think that the witness would have to see complete sketches in order for it to click as to what they actually saw. IMO people arn't just trained to describe every minute details of ones face, but when they see the different similarities in the sketches it clicks and they say oh thats the image of the person I saw that day. I'm sure its a very pain staking process and probablly frustrating at times, Its not just a simple what did he look like and artist draws it out in detail type thing. JMO

I agree completely. Recently I was caught off guard by a man who began following me. I turned and started walking in the opposite direction and so did he. I then turned around again and saw a complete stranger standing on the sidewalk and I started talking very loudly to him that the man behind me was following me and that I needed help. I was terrified that he was going to jump me and rob my pocketbook. The terror I felt left me unable to even begin describing such details about his face.

I could have given basic observations but nothing in detail. Now the stranger I was trying to tell what was happening to me, I could give a very detailed description of because he made me angry acting like he was stupid. So it could be the terrified me blocked out the details but the angry me could give a excellent detailed description....

So, Yes the whole hat deal is bizarre. why not give him hair as was shown in the photo. If LE had not mentioned the cap no one would have thought anything about it. I agree with a previous poster, whom ever saw him was up close enough to see his eyes were not blue, notice when he is walking, he is walking with his head down. I doubt he would have looked up for any one passing by as he would not want to show his face.

I'm guessing the reason for including a hat of some kind is because they are not able to give detailed description about his hairline, hairstyle, etc.

If they were to take off the hat and try to guess his hairline or the length of his hair on the top of his head it could be more confusing since that can be considered defining as to the way a person looks

By including a hat of some kind the sketch artists, police, and people that might know the person will not have to guess as to the hair and can base the person in the photo based upon facial features alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO BG, as shown in the sketch, has an anatomically square face with a short distance between the end of his nose and the chin line. He has a bulbous nose that appears darker than his cheek tone. This could be due to excessive drinking or natural anatomy. His eyes are distinctive. They appear far spaced and downward turned.

Screen shot 2017-07-18 at 7.57.29 AM.pngScreen shot 2017-07-18 at 7.33.36 AM.png

IMO BG, as shown in the sketch, has an anatomically square face with a short distance between the end of his nose and the chin line. He has a bulbous nose that appears darker than his cheek tone. This could be due to excessive drinking or natural anatomy. His eyes are distinctive. They appear far spaced and downward turned.

View attachment 120213View attachment 120214

Eyelids appear to be hooded, which can be genetic or age related, or both.

I agree completely. Recently I was caught off guard by a man who began following me. I turned and started walking in the opposite direction and so did he. I then turned around again and saw a complete stranger standing on the sidewalk and I started talking very loudly to him that the man behind me was following me and that I needed help. I was terrified that he was going to jump me and rob my pocketbook. The terror I felt left me unable to even begin describing such details about his face.

I could have given basic observations but nothing in detail. Now the stranger I was trying to tell what was happening to me, I could give a very detailed description of because he made me angry acting like he was stupid. So it could be the terrified me blocked out the details but the angry me could give a excellent detailed description....

I know that wide eyed stupid act..like when you catch a druggie friend stealing your stuff. Getting angry does give you strength so maybe it heightens perceptions too.

Would it make anyone feel better if we replaced that cap with a baseball cap? And subsequently not focus on it.
Yes lets take it on to the image thread and try out different hats till we have one we like. We need to get over the hat imo. It's like the hat/hoodie/hair discussions afaics.

500 tips so far. One of them was mine so I do hope it all helps.

I wonder if the nose in the sketch looks like Karl Malden's! He had that kind of bulbous nose....

Regarding the dimples, my mother had one of those Ancestry DNA tests done and they had a list of weird things and the likelihood of her having them and one of them was dimples (restless or still sleeper was another -- but not useful in this instance). So apparently this is something that can be extrapolated from DNA.

I really feel like if states would devote resources to testing all the back log of rape test kits they would have a lot more murders involving sexual assaults solved right away. By spending money up front, they could save money on the back end by not having a prolonged investigation. These killers all start somewhere and murder is usually not the first step.

Just a side note...there are several different forms of DNA testing, and that sort of extrapolation would have to be a different DNA test than what Ancestry offers (possibly 23andme ?). Ancestry only does the autosomal (atDNA) test which zeroes in on ethnicity analysis and likelihood of cousin relationships. A more "health" oriented or medical analysis type of DNA testing (included in what the 23andme DNA testing offers) would possibly offer the details concerning one's likelihood of inheriting certain physical traits (color-blindness, eye color, etc.). Just a minor clarification, and I agree with you that the backlog of cold cases can't get tested fast enough.

Cant we just end the conversation about the hat? LE said to focus on facial features.

Sorry if this has already been done but is it OK to photoshop the beard out of the sketch? Could someone do this and post it here if it is allowed? TIA

ALL MOO, NSI,

We finally get a sketch...

It's being implied that the witness maybe mistaken as to blue eyes, or well this is what the DNA testing showed. Who, beside LE, has spoken to any witness? Who has seen ANY DNA results?
Why argue about it?

It's being argued that is not a 'normal' hat? Who says? Personally, I think the BG has on a cap but what do I know.
Why argue about a hat?

It is now going to be manipulated to oblivion because, well, that's not how the suspect looked or well he has a more bulbous nose or ...blah, blah, etc.
Why argue over it?

We finally got a sketch! We have a better idea of this face!

SM sleuths have already convicted JD, since it's posted in this article, we can bring him up? http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....rk-to-man-wanted-for-murder-of-indiana-teens/,

Oh no! wait! it's park guy!

I still think many are going to be shocked when an arrest comes.
Let's see if this post gets deleted like my others.

ALL MOO OF COURSE.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....rk-to-man-wanted-for-murder-of-indiana-teens/

so this guy looks even more like the composite to me what do you guys Think ? Not the first one but the 2nd one!

This is maybe just me, but I think social media (once again) is capable of doing great harm, here. I went through over 300 RSO mugshots just from Carroll County, IN and its bordering counties yesterday and came up with over a dozen that 'resemble' this drawing...but this is simply not enough to plaster their photos on social media.

The first photo in this article (a RSO mentioned by initials in here a lot yesterday) is somewhat similar, but cannot be him--the eye color is wrong, (and IMO, so is the shorter nose). The eyebrows are also different.

The 2nd photo (IMHO) bears no striking resemblance other than that the guy is a typical stocky male wearing blue jeans. The fact that he's been plastered all over SM is largely due to a CA mom getting bad vibes after confronting him about taking photos of kids at the playground. Yes, that's questionable, but after reporting it to LE, she (again, IMO) should've stopped there. Not posted his photo on SM and encouraged others to make it viral after the composite came out.

JMO, and I respect that others may hold a different one.

This is not directed at any one post...but let's be kind..I don't want this thread to be closed...we just got it back opened..no snark intended...moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum