IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumping off your post If you were on that trail anywhere near the time of those murders and have not been identified, you are a valid suspect or let's say poi, imo and will and should be on LE's list as top priority, especially considering a location that remote and especially if its a lone male. And, and especially if you possibly match the photo! If there's a rule out, well then there's a rule out. If it's a person that just happened to be there, hopefully they could rule that out immediately via voice, description, maybe dna, etc etc.

Yes and that is how it normally works. With this sketch they seem completely confident it is the suspect. Not a POI or any hedging about it. I am convinced there is a reason for their confidence that goes beyond where he was seen or when.

When they released pictures of BG they had a reason to be so confident since the pictures (video) came from a victim's phone along with voice and more to show he was the guy or at least one if more were involved. To me they seem to have as much confidence the man portrayed in the sketch is THE one. I am just wondering where that confidence is coming from, since eye witnesses are not known as reliable to LE. I feel sure there is more to this than meets the eye.

when I first listened to the audio all I could make out was "young male"..after several repeats I hear "down the hill".. I acquiesce to the police deciphering

So you don't hear the word GO? I tried to pretend I didn't hear it just so I could step in line with what was being reported...but it's clearly Go Down The Hill. The voice itself is not a deep voice but that doesn't really reveal anything to me in particular. I know men who are manly men and they have similar voices...

In New England, odds are only a few tens of thousands have heard about the murders and even fewer have seen the sketch. There just hasn't been a huge amount of coverage. So if he's from here or related to somebody here, it likely wouldn't have been reported yet.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

My fear is that he was a transient (as has been discussed before) with a job in Delphi, got familiar with the area, finished the work and moved on; looking for work; or just a pure serial killer (much less likely). If it's something like that, and he's hundreds of miles away, justice may be long in coming.

Hoping he's someone's next door neighbor, co-worker, drinking buddy, etc., here in Delphi.

My fear is that he was a transient (as has been discussed before) with a job in Delphi, got familiar with the area, finished the work and moved on; looking for work; or just a pure serial killer (much less likely). If it's something like that, and he's hundreds of miles away, justice may be long in coming.

Hoping he's someone's next door neighbor, co-worker, drinking buddy, etc., here in Delphi.
I agree that's a real possibility. I hope not, but it seems to fit the information we have.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I will post it here in New Jersey at the shore.. It's tourist season right now so it should get a lot of attention from various States...Thanks!

This is true. I'm from New England and this never touched any of our local stations; I read one article about it on a national news website when it first occurred and even then it wasn't front page news. I think we should all take a few minutes out of our day and send emails asking local stations for coverage of the sketch- you never know what has the potential to make a break in the case for these girls and their families.

I'm in NC, and a news article aired on TV during the 6:30pm national news (NBC, IIRC) with the sketch and a bit about the murders-- let's hope lots of people saw it nationally. And,

:wagon: to Websleuths, moonbunnyk !! We're glad you're here!! :drumroll::drumroll:

I keep thinking about the "she" witness being afraid to come forward, fearing being recognized by BG. An update yesterday afternoon from US News via the Associated Press states Sheriff Leazenby says the FBI sketch is the result of a witness who saw BG walking around the time the girls were killed. (Article link below.)

But if this witness just saw BG walking it doesn't make sense she would fear him. It had to be a more substantial encounter than that. What would have happened that left her with an indelible impression of BG months later? I'm thinking a close & threatening encounter. All day yesterday I was picturing this female is an adult, and maybe she had children with her, or he saw her get in her car, maybe she has vanity plates, something that could give him a way to track her or her kids down. But that seems such a stretch. And on top of that there was all the media coverage, the audio, the still pics, the family mourning, asking the public for help, RL's media attention and arrest. One would think the vast majority of adult women would be compelled to come forward rather quickly with something they knew or saw.

So then I started thinking what if 'she' is not an adult. What if she was another kid out of school and on the trail. She may or may not have planned to meet a friend or a boy, but at the time of her encounter with BG she was alone. What if she were BG's first target and not Libby and Abby? What if he said and/or did something that terrified her and she somehow she slipped away from him? BG becomes enraged, because he's planned and come prepared, fully determined he'll succeed that day and his prey gets away. He then sees Abby & Libby and his state of mind propels him to become even more brazen and go for two victims. One would think a young girl would tell parents or a girlfriend, someone. Maybe she opted to tell a girlfriend but they both agreed to remain silent, let someone else out there (an adult) come forward. Or maybe she didn't tell anyone right away, remaining silent that night because whatever he said or did left her unable to fully process it. Then by the next day when Abby and Libby are found, the realization that it could've been her caused such a deep terror that she simply withdrew. Maybe as time went on she started showing signs of trauma; depression, anxiety, slipping grades and that's what brought it all out.

I guess what I'm saying is an adult witness is going to be more capable of reasoning how difficult it would be for BG to find & harm her, but a minor would not have matured enough to have that capability. An adult would feel compelled to report another adult. But a minor, and a potential victim of BG could be paralyzed with fear. So I could more readily see a minor holding back versus an adult. Just my thoughts rambling, feel free to shoot holes in my theorizing.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/indiana/articles/2017-07-17/the-latest-witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-2-killings

I am an adult woman and I would have fear about coming forward if my encounter with a murderer were such that I knew what color his eyes were not. I would come forward but the fear would be there. It is not really hard to find people now, people are getting easier and easier to track down. Pretty easy for people to play detective these days, look what all is online for sleuthers to go through. Most of the information has been a matter of public record, home ownership and things like that, but people used to have to physically go to the courthouse to see things like home ownership, business ownership, even criminal records. Now it is mostly available at your fingertips.

We really don't know how long it took her to come forward. Two things were stated by LE yesterday; that they had worked with witness/es for some time to come up with the sketch...and that it did take some time for at least one witness to come forward or sit with artist. We don't know how much time before they came forward though. I am not assuming the person just came forward.

The fact that there was some time frame before the person came forward really makes me wonder what the encounter was; did BG try to abduct her or more? That might have bearing on why she was reluctant to sit with artist. The emotions may have been fear but may have been reasoned fear. She may have had a serious encounter with him. I really don't think the witness just casually saw him on the trail or somewhere briefly. If the encounter was brief and without incident I would not think LE would be so sure of the details of witness memory for the sketch. I have wondered if the witness possibly saw him cleaning up afterward, that would be traumatic when the news of the crime came out. One day I went out to water my flowers and a teen age boy was using my garden hose to wash up, he had a bloody nose. I knew the boy and figured he had a fist fight and didn't want his mother to know, so was cleaning up before going home. Even knowing him, it gave me a real start to see him in my yard using my hose to clean blood off of himself. I can only imagine if it had turned out to be a murderer.

Bringing this forward again...I'm just not sure if I believe everything being said, jmo, moo, imo. LE has been known to fib if they need to.

Again, imo, Parabon might have played a strong role here. And for whatever reason, they don't want us to know they have DNA. Moo. And IF this is the case, why not?

"Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said the witness saw the man walking near Delphi, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis, but only recently met with an*FBIsketch artist to provide facial details for the rendering released by State Police.

Leazenby said he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man, who authorities consider the main suspect in the slayings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. He said the witness saw the man around the time the girls were killed."

Snip

""We want to know who he is," State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said at a news conference. "If we can get somebody to come forward with more information — if we can get a name or at least a location of this subject — that would be great."

He said the sketch is "an artist's composite of the information" collected by all agencies involved in the investigation. Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color.

Riley said fear may have played a role in the witness' decision not to come forward sooner with a description of the suspect.

"People are scared. They're scared to be recognized by the subject. It just takes a while for these things to happen," he said."

Witness aided in sketch of suspect in Indiana teens' deaths
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/indiana-police-release-evidence-killing-teens-48677844

What doesn't make sense to me is how could someone after all these months be able to recall such specifics for the artist to make such a detailed sketch. IMO there must be more to this that LE isn't sharing. At least I hope so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that is amazing for sure!!!

Secondly, to not add additional small posts, I'll ask an unrelated question here...how many of us out of state have seen a news report on your local afternoon , evening or nightly news? TOledo, Ohio stations have been showing the new sketch since noon. just curious how many areas non local to Indiana are covering this .
In NJ, saw online, maybe missed it on TV???

In NJ, saw online, maybe missed it on TV???

I live in Michigan and saw it on the Nightly news last night or night before last. It was also on Good Morning America if I recall correctly

I've been away for a bit but the new sketch has brought me back around. Missed everyone! I'm just left wondering why it took so long for someone to come forward with a possible description of the suspect? And if she's in fear of recognition, wouldn't that mean they weren't strangers?

What doesn't make sense to me is how could someone after all these months be able to recall such specifics for the artist to make such a detailed sketch. IMO there must be more to this that LE isn't sharing. At least I hope so.

the new witness saw someone 60miles NW of indianapolis..delphi is 70 miles north and slightly west of indianapolis so by my reconing I'd say 40 miles south/west of delphi..ballpark around attica IN. That is a long way to connect the dots

So you don't hear the word GO? I tried to pretend I didn't hear it just so I could step in line with what was being reported...but it's clearly Go Down The Hill. The voice itself is not a deep voice but that doesn't really reveal anything to me in particular. I know men who are manly men and they have similar voices...
sorry no,

Can't believe this case has gone cold-- as in not solved. At least there's a sketch now.

My .02 is that more video of the perp caught on AW's phone needs to be released !

Isn't it possible to mute or erase any of the girls' voices from it-- leaving only what the perp said or more of how he walked/moved around ?

I definitely don't discredit the skills of the artist .. I think primarily the issue is people's memory and ability to recall features correctly is the main reason why many sketches don't look the same IMO. Let's just hope this one is really dead on. I'm still curious about the eyebrows.. to me they look wrong... like they look too thin to go with the rest of the face and hair. I don't know if that's because they were guessing and were not able to see them, or just don't recall or if that is an accurate depiction of such.

I think his eyebrows, facial hair are professionally groomed. I have a friend that works in a style shop for men and men getting their eyebrows done is getting more and more common. It is now considered good grooming with the under 50 men to get eyebrows and facial hair done by professionals. At first glance he looks scruffy, but when you really look at the sketch it is a polished scruffy look, very neatly done and is considered in style now.

Can't believe this case has gone cold-- as in not solved. At least there's a sketch now.

My .02 is that more video of the perp caught on AW's phone needs to be released !

Isn't it possible to mute or erase any of the girls' voices from it-- leaving only what the perp said or more of how he walked/moved around ?

they probably released the best audio they had and it's still hard to make out. For me anyway

Regarding the dimples, my mother had one of those Ancestry DNA tests done and they had a list of weird things and the likelihood of her having them and one of them was dimples (restless or still sleeper was another -- but not useful in this instance). So apparently this is something that can be extrapolated from DNA.

I really feel like if states would devote resources to testing all the back log of rape test kits they would have a lot more murders involving sexual assaults solved right away. By spending money up front, they could save money on the back end by not having a prolonged investigation. These killers all start somewhere and murder is usually not the first step.

This would have been a 23andMe DNA test. You get a likelihood of various traits from them but not from Ancestry dot com. There is another site somewhere online where I uploaded my DNA and it provided a VERY accurate picture of what my eye color was. At this moment, I can't remember what site that was. I have done so much with my DNA tests online.

Would they do a traditional line up for a witness to pick him out? To place him in the area at the time of the murders? Any witnesses will be essential to the case for this purpose. If DNA matches too and his alibi is weak then bingo. These witnesses are very brave .

I think they can only do a lineup with volunteers and
people who are incarcerated. But I'm not sure how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat