IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
for those just joining the conversation or who may have missed this in the opening post.

REMINDER:

IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

ADDING:

a man being discussed on social media who was acting suspiciously in a California playground has no place in this conversation. WS is a fact based discussion site that relies on Main Stream Media and Law Enforcement statements to source and substantiate speculation and theories. Social media and internet sleuths do not a source make.

ALSO adding to further clarify:

limited discussion of a man with initials BW who was arrested for flashing women on another part of the Monon Trail is allowed.

A known RSO with initials JDD has been removed from the table by Tricia for the moment.

Sgt. Kim Riley @ISPLafayette

We have received almost 1,000 tips since the release of the composite picture yesterday at 11:00 am. Thanks for the great response!

"A composite sketch of a man wanted in connection with the killing of two Indiana teenagers has yielded nearly 1,000 responses to an Indiana State Police tip line since its release Monday.

Indiana State Police Sergeant Kim Riley tweeted an update Tuesday: “We have received almost 1,000 tips since the release of the composite picture yesterday at 11:00am. Thanks for the great response!” (@ISPLafayette)

In an e-mail to Fox News, Riley wrote that the tips “appear to be local with some of the information being repeat…we have had some that are outside of the state of Indiana.” He added that most of the tips included names and locations."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...r-police-release-sketch-suspected-killer.html

Hopefully in that 1000 calls, one man's name was offered several times and it is only a matter of time until they get to him. I imagine he is feeling pretty nervous.

Earlier someone posted that the sketch lead to over 500 calls yesterday. So patience is important, just imagine how the family felt about this too!!!
I love your positivity barbie!! I'm happy to have read that myself

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Just re-reading as someone asked upthread...

Q. Those witness, did they see him in the area, or did they call the tip line with that information?

A. I really can't go into that 'cause we don't want to compromise the case itself.

Later in presser......

Q. So there are people out there who are sure that are sure they saw this guy walking around this day and they helped you out, it that?

A. Pretty much that's what it is, yes.
Maybe RL (and perhaps others) saw him???!!!!!
:thinking:
Maybe RL saw him???!!!!

I am an adult woman and I would have fear about coming forward if my encounter with a murderer were such that I knew what color his eyes were not. I would come forward but the fear would be there. It is not really hard to find people now, people are getting easier and easier to track down. Pretty easy for people to play detective these days, look what all is online for sleuthers to go through. Most of the information has been a matter of public record, home ownership and things like that, but people used to have to physically go to the courthouse to see things like home ownership, business ownership, even criminal records. Now it is mostly available at your fingertips.

We really don't know how long it took her to come forward. Two things were stated by LE yesterday; that they had worked with witness/es for some time to come up with the sketch...and that it did take some time for at least one witness to come forward or sit with artist. We don't know how much time before they came forward though. I am not assuming the person just came forward.

The fact that there was some time frame before the person came forward really makes me wonder what the encounter was; did BG try to abduct her or more? That might have bearing on why she was reluctant to sit with artist. The emotions may have been fear but may have been reasoned fear. She may have had a serious encounter with him. I really don't think the witness just casually saw him on the trail or somewhere briefly. If the encounter was brief and without incident I would not think LE would be so sure of the details of witness memory for the sketch. I have wondered if the witness possibly saw him cleaning up afterward, that would be traumatic when the news of the crime came out. One day I went out to water my flowers and a teen age boy was using my garden hose to wash up, he had a bloody nose. I knew the boy and figured he had a fist fight and didn't want his mother to know, so was cleaning up before going home. Even knowing him, it gave me a real start to see him in my yard using my hose to clean blood off of himself. I can only imagine if it had turned out to be a murderer.

I often wonder how locals in Carroll Cty perceive local LE and their DA's office. Those can be factors in whether or not people come forward. Also, small business owners and other folks whose livelihoods and reputations have to be maintained in that rather small community.

I've wondered about this since yesterday. I can't decide if law enforcement would show the witness photos of persons of interest to rule them out. Or if they would be concerned that showing photos of suspects could interfere with the persons memory of BG.

Just my opinion I think we should focus on the sketch and photos provided by law enforcement that they want us to see, rather than sketches and images that have not been produced by them.
Wouldn't it be normal to show a bunch of mugshots in case the witness recognises someone? Especially if there was a SA then showing RSO's mugshots is what the register is for isn't it? Just seen that tips are up to 1000 in only 32 hours. What a brilliant result when you consider 18,000 came in over 5 months which was only an average of 120 per day before this sketch release.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH)—Police are calling in extra staff to sort through nearly 1,000 new tips in the Delphi double murder of 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. The tips started pouring in after Indiana State Police released a suspect sketch Monday morning.

Sgt. Kim Riley with the state police said there are between 25 and 30 detectives working the case—more than double the usual amount of five to ten. Police plan to keep the extra staff at least for the rest of this week.

“It gives them a little more hope and a little bit more to work with,” Sgt. Riley said.

http://wishtv.com/2017/07/18/police-add-extra-staff-to-analyze-new-tips-in-delphi-double-murder/

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH)—Police are calling in extra staff to sort through nearly 1,000 new tips in the Delphi double murder of 13-year-old Abby Williams and 14-year-old Libby German. The tips started pouring in after Indiana State Police released a suspect sketch Monday morning.

Sgt. Kim Riley with the state police said there are between 25 and 30 detectives working the case—more than double the usual amount of five to ten. Police plan to keep the extra staff at least for the rest of this week.

“It gives them a little more hope and a little bit more to work with,” Sgt. Riley said.

http://wishtv.com/2017/07/18/police-add-extra-staff-to-analyze-new-tips-in-delphi-double-murder/

That's awesome news..... This was such a good thing in finally releasing that sketch.. I hope this monster is sweating bullets, his days are numbered!!!

I've wondered about this since yesterday. I can't decide if law enforcement would show the witness photos of persons of interest to rule them out. Or if they would be concerned that showing photos of suspects could interfere with the persons memory of BG.

Just my opinion I think we should focus on the sketch and photos provided by law enforcement that they want us to see, rather than sketches and images that have not been produced by them.
I completely agree with that. I haven't been impressed by any manipulated photos. But wouldn't this "witness" have seen all of the groups and sm that has been haphazardly posting random people pics? The "witness" must at least lurk on those FB pages. Wouldn't they say to LE: "there, that's the guy". Which makes me think that NONE of the guesses so far are correct, or the witness recollection is not [emoji817].

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just catching up since yesterday! Thanks to the mods for opening this thread back up! BG will be caught! I have to say the sketch is what I imagined although thinking he would of had a bigger, rounder, nose! Justice will be served!
I'm from Michigan and my neighbors 2 blocks over have front porch, and garage lights orange! She told me they wouldn't change them until justice is served! BG your freedom is coming to a hault any hour or day!
Prayers and lots of love!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

sorry can't seem to go back far enough to know why we are calling BG, BG..what or who is BG?.. Thank you in advance for enlightening me.

I can't imagine a minor being the witness...as I doubt they would study a person of this age closely enough to provide detailed sketch including noting eye color (or lack of.) Unless the perp tried to accost supposd minor witness or approached for close-up conversation, I just can't see a teen noticng much about an adult. Jmo

I agree. If it was a minor, the police would have certainly been called immediately. I cannot see a young person holding all that in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My confusion, but wouldn't they have shown this witness the photos of all the RSOs we've been discussing? Would that not rule out everyone that's been put out there this far? Wouldn't the witness be able to confirm that when shown pictures?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
It is extremely likely that LE has already gone through all RSOs and probably anyone arrested in Indiana and adjoining states using the height and sketch to try to find the individual. It is very likely that this sketch was shown to LE officers in advance to see if any of them recalls having come in contact with an individual that looks like that. I significantly doubt that LE finished the sketch and said "Hey, why don't we just toss this out and see what comes are way".

All throughout this case what LE wanted in the form of tips are names and they will run it out from there. This is meant to generate names. In theory LE would want you to call them or e-mail them the name of anyone you know that looks like the sketch regardless of whether you think they did it or not. So, if your husband, brother, son, neighbor, uncle, cousin, or co-worker looks like this sketch call it in and have their lives turned upside down and inside and out.

It has the same chance of working as releasing the still images - people aren't going to just call in people they know well that they don't think could have done it - especially if their voice doesn't sound like the "down the hill" audio. And that is the problem. If LE knows, or is much more certain than not that there is more than one individual involved the mismatch of voice to face will result in people not making tips. If this is the case LE needs to get in front of that because they have already wasted a considerable amount of time.

I agree. If it was a minor, the police would have certainly been called immediately. I cannot see a young person holding all that in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd be surprised if a minor took such detailed notice of an "old guy".

Kind of feel sorry for LE, dealing with what will be likely hundreds of useless tips now, but hoping the "one" is buried in there someplace. I did some volunteer work on a crime tip line years ago, and what some folks consider "tips" beyond comprehension.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member