IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep~~Tinypeeps~~~I agree. I started to put what I thought would be a good profile together, but then got busy and stopped.

I'll add to what you've already mentioned.

TP 1. Not tech savy
TP 2. Lives alone, no kids or grandkids. I'll add to this. I believe if he has kids, they are old enough to be on their own. I'd also say divorced or never married, but has a significant other.
BCA 3. Blue collar worker. This guy almost is never seen in a suit. Most likely unemployed with wife or significant other picking up
the slack, giving him free time away.
BCA 4. Most likely has hunted in the past, but not his favorite past time. Likes the outdoors, possibly fishing or hiking.
BCA 5. Has had personal trauma in his past. IE: Parents divorce or accident involving his personal appearance
BCA 6. He has rage toward women/girls. Whether this is mother, sister, aunt. Has likely been rejected by love interests. Cheated on by a number of lovers. This fuels his rage.
BCA 7. When he is in a relationship, he likes to be in control. He is demeaning to his significant other.
BCA 8. Socially inadequate. Doesn't like to be around people. When he is forced to participate, he's the quite shy guy just watching
everyone. In this way, he has ample opportunity to study and size up those around him.

Anyone else, feel free to add or disagree.

All great "what iffs", but consider the circumstances.

Delphi schools were burning a snow day, that particular February day. We had a mild Winter here in Indiana, this past Winter.

Who would know that Delphi schools were off that particular, relatively mild day?

Take it from there, folks.

Delphi schools were burning a snow day, that particular February day. We had a mild Winter here in Indiana, this past Winter.

Who would know that Delphi schools were off that particular, relatively mild day?

I don't know if the schools being off were a factor with him. If he didn't have kids he may have not known that even if he lives in or has connections in the county. When he saw Liberty and Abigail he probably - erroneously - thought he had two kids skipping school and therefore would not be missed till school being out. I do believe he has some connection to Delphi, though, if he knew of the trail and the bridge. I've heard of residents in the county that were either not aware of the trail/bridge or were not aware of how to access it. This guy, even if he doesn't live there or grew up there, has some connection to Delphi to know about the existence of the trail.

It was an AFTERNOON ATTACK so imo he knew nothing of anyone being off of school. He may have sized up a woman (earlier that day) on the trail as a potential victim, as well. Maybe others were around at that time so she got home.... Circumstances more than the time element. All IMO.

I don't know if the schools being off were a factor with him. If he didn't have kids he may have not known that even if he lives in or has connections in the county. When he saw Liberty and Abigail he probably - erroneously - thought he had two kids skipping school and therefore would not be missed till school being out. I do believe he has some connection to Delphi, though, if he knew of the trail and the bridge. I've heard of residents in the county that were either not aware of the trail/bridge or were not aware of how to access it. This guy, even if he doesn't live there or grew up there, has some connection to Delphi to know about the existence of the trail.

RBBM:

I personally don't agree and here is why. An easy Google search brings up a number of websites that talk about the trail and how to access it.

http://www.monon.monon.org/bygone/deercreek.html
http://wildindiana.com/wps/2010/02/delphi-high-bridge-hike/
http://letslovelocal.com/monon-high-bridge/
https://hubpages.com/travel/monon-trail
http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=content/monon-high-bridge-trail-delphi

All of the articles were prior to 2017.

It is very possible with a quick Google search this came across information about the trail.

So, what does that leave us with?? Someone who has a connection to Delphi, some type of trail or nature lover, perhaps a hunting, trapping or fishing buff, or a Railroad buff or possibly a caching player.

That begs the question, then...

Was he seen by someone else in another location? If he is a caching player, would he have signed in at another location? Doesn't seem the type to me, but still a possibility.

All IMO.

Found this is my local newspaper this morning: It's an open article, but will probably be locked to subscribers within a few days of this posting.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/...n-cops-investigating-murder-of-indiana-girls/

I think LE mean FB groups who are posting men's pictures beside the sketch to see if that guy's picture looks like BG. Myself I don't agree with doing that in social media, leave that to detectives and investigators.
This quote caught my attention, ""It relates to a dialogue between a witness and a sketch artist," Leazenby told the newspaper. "That's based upon an actual, real situation." " What does the last part mean? As if it's a witness then it would be a "real" person/situation compared to what?
I'm assuming this witness seen/encountered BG on the trail at some point on the 13th.... JMO

Or perhaps to kidnap them and things did not work out like he planned? I don't know.

If he wanted to kidnap Libby and Abby then he would have to have had access to a vehicle. If he did where did he park it? LE haven't said if BG had a vehicle tho. Hmmm still makes me wonder how BG got to the trail and the Delphi area.....

I still keep going back to the homes in the street/neighborhood across the creek from where they were found. That would be an easy access out with the various sheds that were along that way. I posted maps from many threads ago and can try and find.....I'm sure all surrounding properties and neighbors have already been interviewed by the police though. IMO.

This is my first time posting about this case as I'm relatively new to Websleuths. Sorry for the scattered nature of this post, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. I've tried my best to keep up with all of the info here from the beginning, but may have missed some things, so I apologize if I'm repeating things that have already occurred to other posters.

Like many of you, I wondered about Libby's presence of mind in recording BG before the abduction. I wondered in the beginning if he just happened to be in the background of the video by chance. Now I think that she took video surreptitiously because he had already approached them once and either exposed himself or used sexual language toward them. It might have been something like catcalling, which made them uncomfortable and gave them the desire to record what the creep looked like, but fell below the threshold of "we need to dial 911 immediately." Furthermore, in my opinion BG probably harasses women and girls in public frequently. It gives him power over them and he enjoys knowing that he's made them uncomfortable or scared.

I think, just based on my own opinion of these types of perpetrators, that BG derives pleasure not just from the act of killing but also from the fantasy of it. So there may be many occasions where he prepares a "kill kit," and goes out looking for potential victims, enjoying the knowledge that he could abduct, rape, and kill if he chooses. But he may only indulge in the full crime occasionally. He probably researches well in advance areas where he might expect to find women alone or vulnerable....hiking trails included. Visiting these sites and thinking about the possibility of abducting, raping, terrorizing, killing, gives him a thrill. So on this particular day I don't think it matters that school was not in session. I think he was planning to fantasize and was prepared to possibly indulge in the actual crime depending if the circumstances were favorable. I believe any woman on the trail that day could have been his target if he viewed them as appropriate prey. I don't necessarily think that pedophilia played a role; though both girls were young teens they look more mature in some photos. I think BG was more motivated in choice of victim by who he thought he could easily control.

Shortly after the Delphi murders took place, I read a memoir called "Alligator Candy" by David Kushner, whose older brother was abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered by two men who were friends and had bonded over their shared desire to rape and kill. These murderers confessed their motivation and methodology. One thing that stuck out to me was that they had talked about, fantasized, and planned to abduct a young girl. But when the opportunity presented itself to abduct a young boy instead, they took it. In Abby and Libby's case, there is a lot of emphasis on the facts that there were two victims, that they were only 13, that school was out that day, but in a sense these facts may not contribute in any meaningful way to the profile of the killer as victim selection may be more opportunistic than we think.

It was an AFTERNOON ATTACK so imo he knew nothing of anyone being off of school. He may have sized up a woman (earlier that day) on the trail as a potential victim, as well. Maybe others were around at that time so she got home.... Circumstances more than the time element. All IMO.

I agree. The attack came in the afternoon, once school would have been out anyway, so...

I think LE should look at the 38 year old Fortville, Indiana man arrested yesterday (Fox59.com) for :

"wanted on child molestation charges has been apprehended in Bledsoe County, Tennessee."

There are mug shots of him (without beard), on the net, from arrests in 2015, and, IMHO, those photos could fit the Delphi suspect sketch.

arrest 2015:
Height: 5′ 9″ (1.75 m)
Weight: 158 lb (72 kg)
Hair Color: BRO
Eye Color: HAZ

His initials are SLC. (middle name is Lee)

I have notified police.

Hope it is ok to post this.

He looks like he has blue eyes..... I wonder why they are saying Hazel, unless his eyes change colors depending on light..

RBBM:

I personally don't agree and here is why. An easy Google search brings up a number of websites that talk about the trail and how to access it.

http://www.monon.monon.org/bygone/deercreek.html
http://wildindiana.com/wps/2010/02/delphi-high-bridge-hike/
http://letslovelocal.com/monon-high-bridge/
https://hubpages.com/travel/monon-trail
http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=content/monon-high-bridge-trail-delphi

All of the articles were prior to 2017.

It is very possible with a quick Google search this came across information about the trail.

So, what does that leave us with?? Someone who has a connection to Delphi, some type of trail or nature lover, perhaps a hunting, trapping or fishing buff, or a Railroad buff or possibly a caching player.

That begs the question, then...

Was he seen by someone else in another location? If he is a caching player, would he have signed in at another location? Doesn't seem the type to me, but still a possibility.

All IMO.

I'm not a country person but I wonder if he's actually dressed appropriately for a hiking person.

As someone observing this case from the UK, it's amazing to me that there hasn't been more publicity surrounding this case. The last case I can remember over here that was comparable was the Holly and Jessica double murder by Ian Huntley in 2002, and there was blanket coverage in the UK press for weeks.

I feel at this point, the police should just release whatever they have of Libby's video (barring of course any graphic content they may have of the attack itself) and use the media to reach as many US homes as possible through sheer shock value, bad as that may sound.

I understand they may be keeping stuff back to protect the sensitivities of the families and wider public, but the bottom line is that this guy will almost certainly kill again at some point, and pulling out all the stops to catch him right now will save lives.

I still keep going back to the homes in the street/neighborhood across the creek from where they were found. That would be an easy access out with the various sheds that were along that way. I posted maps from many threads ago and can try and find.....I'm sure all surrounding properties and neighbors have already been interviewed by the police though. IMO.

I would like to believe that LE used dogs to pick up his scent and followed the direction he went after the killings....

I don't think he was there because school was out, but I do think the mild weather contributed. I agree with another poster who said they don't think he was looking for teens in particular - just someone he thought was vulnerable.

Anyone have the link handy for the EW video the night of the search?

As someone observing this case from the UK, it's amazing to me that there hasn't been more publicity surrounding this case. The last case I can remember over here that was comparable was the Holly and Jessica double murder by Ian Huntley in 2002, and there was blanket coverage in the UK press for weeks.

I feel at this point, the police should just release whatever they have of Libby's video (barring of course any graphic content they may have of the attack itself) and use the media to reach as many US homes as possible through sheer shock value, bad as that may sound.

I understand they may be keeping stuff back to protect the sensitivities of the families and wider public, but the bottom line is that this guy will almost certainly kill again at some point, and pulling out all the stops to catch him right now will save lives.

BBM
: I assure you, there has been a metric butt ton of publicity about this case here in the US.

BBM
: I assure you, there has been a metric butt ton of publicity about this case here in the US.
I don't know. I live in ND and hadn't even heard of this until the sketch was released. And I'm online quite a bit and plugged into the news. My boyfriend hadn't heard of it either until I told him about it this week. :/

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A word of caution to others ... I pd $22 online in May to a place called Town Tees or something like that (no time to look it up right now but will later if asked to) but NEVER RECEIVED tie-dye Libby & Abby tree of life shirt "to benefit softball park" plans. Money was taken from my account & I emailed them AND called them several times ...got no reply. A scam? IDK. May TODAY be the day of justice for our two sweet girls! :copcar::heartbeat:

It was on the national and local news here in Florida. When the original pictures and audio were released coverage was intense. Plus the 6000 billboards across the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member