IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:welcome: to Websleuths, Cheezitgirl !! We're glad you're here !!:cheer::cheer:

Discussion of geocaching is still off-limits so a couple of posts have been removed.

:wave:

i wonder what BG is doing right now... i wonder where he is at this moment. is he scared? is he laughing?

this is the quintessential 'boogeyman', like in those campfire stories you heard as a kid.

if he's from the delphi and surrounding area, i wonder if he's a person who works from home, doesn't live near parents (or has older impaired parents that he takes care of and they don't have access to what's going in the area unless he tells them), doesn't have many friends not online.

he was free on monday. when i think about shifts, he would have missed first shift and second because the actual abduction timeline would have him there during the day/evening shift change. if he had a night shift, that means he would have had to have left the girls where they were killed with no time to clean up and arrive at work without any suspicious marks, blood, or obvious nervousness, keeping hidden from the searchers in stealth mode.

maybe he works in the computer tech field?

or not! i don't know just speculating. trying to throw some stuff into the idea box.

Maybe he only works part time.

i wonder what BG is doing right now... i wonder where he is at this moment. is he scared? is he laughing?

this is the quintessential 'boogeyman', like in those campfire stories you heard as a kid.

if he's from the delphi and surrounding area, i wonder if he's a person who works from home, doesn't live near parents (or has older impaired parents that he takes care of and they don't have access to what's going in the area unless he tells them), doesn't have many friends not online.

he was free on monday. when i think about shifts, he would have missed first shift and second because the actual abduction timeline would have him there during the day/evening shift change. if he had a night shift, that means he would have had to have left the girls where they were killed with no time to clean up and arrive at work without any suspicious marks, blood, or obvious nervousness, keeping hidden from the searchers in stealth mode.

maybe he works in the computer tech field?

or not! i don't know just speculating. trying to throw some stuff into the idea box.
My speculation is, based on the tremendous drug problem in that area, he's a **** that manages a large portion of drugs in the area. He is intimidating and violent....therein how he controls large groups of people. I also speculate that he realized she took his pic and that started the slippery slide.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Welcome to WS, Yemelyan!

Snipped for focus:
This is my first time posting about this case as I'm relatively new to Websleuths. Sorry for the scattered nature of this post, I'm just throwing my thoughts out there. I've tried my best to keep up with all of the info here from the beginning, but may have missed some things, so I apologize if I'm repeating things that have already occurred to other posters.

Like many of you, I wondered about Libby's presence of mind in recording BG before the abduction. I wondered in the beginning if he just happened to be in the background of the video by chance. Now I think that she took video surreptitiously because he had already approached them once and either exposed himself or used sexual language toward them. It might have been something like catcalling, which made them uncomfortable and gave them the desire to record what the creep looked like, but fell below the threshold of "we need to dial 911 immediately." Furthermore, in my opinion BG probably harasses women and girls in public frequently. It gives him power over them and he enjoys knowing that he's made them uncomfortable or scared.

I think this is a viable possibility. When I visited Santa Monica once, I walked past a sketchy-looking man sitting on a bench in Palisades Park, and he said, just loud enough for me to hear, "I know why you wear a skirt. I know what you want."

If I had encountered him again soon after that first encounter, I like to think that I would have taken a photo.

Based on past experience, I would have second-guessed myself and hemmed and hawed on whether to do anything more than that. (I can hear my inner voice now: "What would I say if I called 911? A man commented on my skirt, and I now feel uncomfortable"?)

(The calm, resting safely at home me says, "Hell, yeah. Call 911. Get them on the phone and let him hear that you're talking to 911." But, in the moment, I think I would have the gumption to only snap a photo.)

Libby's having the wherewithal to do that at only 13 years old impresses me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder why it took them at least 4 days to put the sketch out.Seems to me they would have put it out before all the county fairs and festivals were held on the weekend so that people would be even more vigilante.

I also think the girls and BG crossed paths earlier in the hike, but am unsure if he did anything inappropriate or creepy at the first encounter--my guess is not or they would have run away or called 911 immediately. I think BG was walking the trails/bridge hunting for a victim and scoping the scene. I think he walked past the girls going in one direction (say North) while they were headed South on the bridge. I think they caught his eye, and knowing that nobody was at that end of the bridge I think he turned around after about 50-100 ft to follow the girls. I think that was what made Libby get concerned and start the film. Since they were initially heading in opposite directions I don't think they expected to encounter him again, but were probably surprised to see him coming back at them
Welcome to WS, Yemelyan!

Snipped for focus:

I think this is a viable possibility. When I visited Santa Monica once, I walked past a sketchy-looking man sitting on a bench in Palisades Park, and he said, just loud enough for me to hear, "I know why you wear a skirt. I know what you want."

If I had encountered him again soon after that first encounter, I like to think that I would have taken a photo.

Based on past experience, I would have second-guessed myself and hemmed and hawed on whether to do anything more than that. (I can hear my inner voice now: "What would I say if I called 911? A man commented on my skirt, and I now feel uncomfortable"?)

(The calm, resting safely at home me says, "Hell, yeah. Call 911. Get them on the phone and let him hear that you're talking to 911." But, in the moment, I think I would have the gumption to only snap a photo.)

Libby's having the wherewithal to do that at only 13 years old impresses me.

Yep~~Tinypeeps~~~I agree. I started to put what I thought would be a good profile together, but then got busy and stopped.

I'll add to what you've already mentioned.

TP 1. Not tech savy
TP 2. Lives alone, no kids or grandkids. I'll add to this. I believe if he has kids, they are old enough to be on their own. I'd also say divorced or never married, but has a significant other.

BCA 3. Blue collar worker. This guy almost is never seen in a suit. Most likely unemployed with wife or significant other picking up
the slack, giving him free time away.
BCA 4. Most likely has hunted in the past, but not his favorite past time. Likes the outdoors, possibly fishing or hiking.
BCA 5. Has had personal trauma in his past. IE: Parents divorce or accident involving his personal appearance
BCA 6. He has rage toward women/girls. Whether this is mother, sister, aunt. Has likely been rejected by love interests. Cheated on by a number of lovers. This fuels his rage.
BCA 7. When he is in a relationship, he likes to be in control. He is demeaning to his significant other.
BCA 8. Socially inadequate. Doesn't like to be around people. When he is forced to participate, he's the quite shy guy just watching
everyone. In this way, he has ample opportunity to study and size up those around him.

Anyone else, feel free to add or disagree.

TP2: Agree. My sense is that he's divorced. Maybe twice-divorced. I think he might have a Thelma Lou but I don't think he lives with her. I feel like he may live in a house his parents left to him, or in an apartment.

BCA 3: I also think he may be unemployed - possibly recently fired, but if not, is some kind of low level trades worker. I feel like the dude has some muscle developed on the job that made him confident he could control two victims, even if young girls.

BCA4: i think he grew up hunting. I don't think he is a legit hiker.Ppl with no internal resources usually dont like to hike in my personal experience bc it lacks instant gratification for them. And I do see him having few internal resources.

BCA 5: Agree - interesting idea about personal appearance. I think his family of origin was probably headed by an unhappy set of parents, one a narcissist and one co-dependent and weak. I would guess that his mother was a narcissist and that he perceived his father as weak and unmanly. I have a feeling that nobody ever unconditionally loved BG - ever. Even the most crap emotional circumstances as a child can be survivable if even one person adores you. BG didnt emotionally survive his childhood.

Yep~~Tinypeeps~~~I agree. I started to put what I thought would be a good profile together, but then got busy and stopped.

TP 1. Not tech savy
TP 2. Lives alone, no kids or grandkids. I'll add to this. I believe if he has kids, they are old enough to be on their own. I'd also say divorced or never married, but has a significant other.
BCA 3. Blue collar worker. This guy almost is never seen in a suit. Most likely unemployed with wife or significant other picking up
BCA 4. Most likely has hunted in the past, but not his favorite past time. Likes the outdoors, possibly fishing or hiking.
BCA 5. Has had personal trauma in his past. IE: Parents divorce or accident involving his personal appearance
BCA 6. He has rage toward women/girls. Whether this is mother, sister, aunt. Has likely been rejected by love interests. Cheated on by a number of lovers. This fuels his rage.
BCA 7. When he is in a relationship, he likes to be in control. He is demeaning to his significant other.
BCA 8. Socially inadequate. Doesn't like to be around people. When he is forced to participate, he's the quite shy guy just watching
everyone. In this way, he has ample opportunity to study and size up those around him.

BCA 6, 7, 8: 100% agree with all of it

This reminds me more all the time of The Lovely Bones (chills).

Re: catcalling or other harassment, obviously we'll never know unless he's caught and gives a detailed confession, but I'm just speculating on why they felt uneasy but not in imminent danger. Most women and girls have to overcome the embarrassment of being harassed in this way in order to report it, because it is demeaning and a way of dominating women through shaming them over their appearance. It also makes me wonder if the witness that provided the info for the recent sketch did not come forward for months because her interaction (if it was a she) with BG was a sexually harassing encounter.

TP 1. Not tech savy

Today, 10:55 AM#684 BigCityAccountant
I personally don't agree and here is why. An easy Google search brings up a number of websites that talk about the trail and how to access it.

http://www.monon.monon.org/bygone/deercreek.html
http://wildindiana.com/wps/2010/02/d...h-bridge-hike/
http://letslovelocal.com/monon-high-bridge/
https://hubpages.com/travel/monon-trail
http://www.indianatrails.com/?q=cont...e-trail-delphi
All of the articles were prior to 2017.

Fantastic work, BigCity! A rebuttal, if I may ....

1. One who manages to google the Monon trails is apt to be internet savvy. My 85yo father uses a cellphone to access FB and other apps. Two of my nephews have never had landline telephone access.

2. Grandkids! Oh, I think this unscrupulous creep is much too young to be a grandparent. I'll agree with possibly having young children.

3. Agreed with most but not a blue collar worker. I don't see this killer able to take orders from superiors so I eliminate plants, factories and truck / long-haul drivers. Friends of my family own a large fleet of trucks in their trucking company. Not just anyone can maneuver an 18-wheel truck. BG at 5'8" couldn't hardly see over the steering wheel. A special trucker's driving license is required to operate them and a course is offered for OTR [Over The Road] Drivers.

4. Disagree. Originally, I suspected a hunter of wildlife in the area and their lakes and creeks are filled with lots of fish and the woods have great mushrooms. That theory changed with the sketch. A range of distance the BG drove to arrive at High Bridge within 3 - 4 hours places him living in a location with various employment opportunities such as being self-employed or a security guard or a medic or a hard core rock star. Blue Collar types usually must work too hard for BGs liking.

I consider BG on the low end of the pay scale for the field, with chance for promotions, he is/was employed as a [WannaB?] professional, with authority, as we hear in his command: "Down the hill". He said it firmly. with a no nonsense tone. LE said he may have been "exasperated" when he said it to the girls. For arousal, he prefers females being under his control.

5. Absolutely, BigCityAccountant, BG must have lived a brutal life embroiled in domestic and civil abuse. He is a sociopath who was lashing out opposed to the psychopath who is impulsive. His exposure to maltreatment fed these fantasies of his. He was excited to have this opportunity with two girls.

6. I agree. Rejection, that led to rage, may be the key component here. It could also be twisted.

There is one more important clue from the newly released data that I took away. BG could weigh as much as 220 pounds. BG perhaps doesn't look like a 220 pounder on the High Bridge. Hence, BG works out and is very strong, muscular and fit. Do not allow his attire to fool exposing his physique underneath. Walking that rickety High Bridge was as a minor obstacle course for him.

Haven't posted here lately, but am I the only one who thinks Mark Redwine looks like the sketch?

Just to add, this may be someone "in between jobs." Someone with a resume of many jobs, but none last long. I do feel most of the jobs are entry level, and perhaps he feels inadequate and angry about that, seeing the problem outside himself, especially as he gets older, and more, he keeps making poor decisions in his personal life.

No, a few people have noticed the same thing.

I saw it right after I posted...back to lurking and catching up! My ideas on the cases here are a lot like my ideas for inventions...would have been great if I thought of them first [emoji23]

That just sent a chill through me. I've wondered the same thing. What IS he doing right now? Is he tech savvy and does he follow any progress on the case or does he remain oblivious, staying safely hidden in the shadows?

Or maybe he's dead.

I don't think he's a local nor is he still in the area. If so, someone surely would've recognized him by now. I also don't think he planned to "go hunting" for victims that awful day. I think he happened upon the girls by chance, saw an opportunity & took advantage of it.
They never saw him until it was too late.

I might disagree with a few earlier posters about the knowledge (significance/timing) of that Monday February 13th being a day off school due to previously unused snow days. The Delphi Middle School dismissal time is 3:15PM http://ms.delphi.k12.in.us/UserFiles/Servers/Server_392081/File/BELL SCHEDULE1.pdf which means the earliest a perp might normally expect to find teen girls on the bridge, absent knowledge of the day off, would be 3:45-ish depending on busing, distance to abduction point, etc, not as early as 2:07 when the snapchat photo was taken (and they could've been spotted even an hour earlier) I'd lean against anyone planning out in advance an attack of this sort on a Monday in February if they were not expecting to find victims near the bridge until 3:45 and knowing it began getting dark by 6:20 -- that's a fairly tight window, especially considering the following Monday was Presidents Day, a more universal school day off where greater opportunity might've existed. Of course it's possible it wasn't all that far pre-planned/scoped out and BG read about the day-off in a morning newspaper or heard discussion that AM in the local coffee shop.

Another point of somewhat disagreement - the oft-pointed out "mild" day. While yes slightly above average temperature-wise, the Delphi high on Feb 13 was just 43 degrees with the low at 27. http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/delphi-in/46923/february-weather/332895 The historical averages as attached are 38 & 20 so yes a bit warmer, especially the sun might've made it feel warmer, but not crazy warm. In hindsight, I think commenting locals are mistakenly remembering the 8-day stretch Feb 17-24 where the temps exceeded 60 every day (and the previous Sat Feb 11th was also a warm day), but not so much so on that fateful Monday. Given later-afternoon temps likely dipped below 40 on 2/13, many of us older generation would prob feel BG was not as overdressed as the girls may have been underdressed (tho we adults know how that often is with kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj