IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only double child homicide where they were shot that I have come across is the one where Kevin Sweat shot two young girls in 2008 I think it was. He was only caught because he shot his gf several years later and LE matched the bullet casings. There are two threads on here about it. I haven't read all of the older thread yet but it reminds me of this case.
Eta. Skyla Whitaker and Taylor Placker are the girls names. Went out to look for rocks and shells in a creek and were shot and left by the road side.

Thanks for the response.

Upon further thought I think chances are slim COD was via a gun and possibly knife due to the fact they had open caskets, iirc. (Fatal wounds could have been to the body but maybe unlikely? Idk....) Since they had open caskets, maybe most likely is asphyxiation/strangulation?

Sorry if already posted, still catching up, but someone just sent me this article (thank you!) and I've got to say WOOOWWWW for many reasons...wet in the river, SA, appearance, location...

Man faces rape, 6 other charges after manhunt
Tribune-Star staff report Jul 13, 2017
http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_7b2e88e1-e008-5ccd-ae89-d5d0d44f2930.html

*going to ask a mod for permission on a side by side and permission to sleuth.

(Eta: flagged a mod.)

Alexis did another bit about the sketch
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/886983093239902208
(( ot I know there are some from Indiana here and they think this guy could be in the central area just giving a heads up to be safe https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexisMc...2?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet))

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Thank you Lilowlet! Alexis, the reporter, has a great delivery! She is keeping things direct! All stations should run her clip. She does talk about the cap! The eyewitness wasn't sure about the type! I am so glad that this witness stepped forward!!! Wish we knew if this was prior or after his crime. Wonder if eyewitness was a single woman, did he want two victims if she saw him prior? Or was she with someone else? Alexis says look around Carroll County but also anywhere in the United States. That right there tells us so much....omg.

So, the person who provided the info for the sketch:
We come into contact with dozens, if not hundreds, of people a day. There would be no reason to think one of these people was connected with a murder. The FBI says they are very confident in their sketch, meaning whoever provided the info must be very confident the person they IDed was involved. Seeing someone around wouldn't make you that confident. Therefore, I think the person either overheard/oversaw part of the crime or related activity and was threatened by BG (hence them being afraid to come forward), or BG confessed/bragged about the crime to them and threatened them, or BG attempted a crime on them as well.

I also think this because if the person was scared to come forward, they must think BG could identify them enough to come back for them. BG wouldn't recognize a random person he passed on the street or who pumped his gas. If he ran into someone right before or right after the crime, or if he confessed to someone, he would remember them. The tipster must have been a significant enough person in BG's day for him to know who they are.

Sorry if already posted, still catching up, but someone just sent me this article and i've got to say WOW for many reasons...wet in the river, SA, appearance, location...

http://www.tribstar.com/news/local_...cle_7b2e88e1-e008-5ccd-ae89-d5d0d44f2930.html

*going to ask a mod for permission on a side by side.
(eta: flagged a mod.)

He shows up as 6' and 175 lbs. Too tall by a couple of inches. moo

ETA: And underweight for BG.

Sorry if already posted, still catching up, but someone just sent me this article and i've got to say WOW for many reasons...wet in the river, SA, appearance, location...

*going to ask a mod for permission on a side by side.
(eta: flagged a mod.)
What a great job the cops did there. Scary, especially trying a private residence for "help". He was sure trying hard to escape.

flat, flat missouri accent...think Bruce Springsteen's feigned accent that he uses in his ballads , it's not a NJ accent, it's that flat seething accent that is so prevalent in MO..also tho I notice he has a slightly higher register, not deep but maybe more thru his nose or something..maybe due to excitement. I am super scared of this guy and can't believe they can't tie any other crimes to him through DNA yet. This guy is not homeless or destitute...Also you can walk out of your house and get a scrubbed clean gun in an hour or less almost anywhere in Chicago and Southern Illinois Indiana. I would not rule out Kankakee either.

this guy reminds me of almost any guy, anywhere...he even resembles a friend of mine! the sketch is detailed but this guy is everywhere you look.

they need to bring out something more specific that people can focus on, as it's hot as hell now and this guy is not wandering around in his blue coat and flap ear hat.

they should ask DO you reccognize this coat?????

IMO

As a Missourian, I agree. His dialect is twangy like he grew up in farm country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the FBI can use this sketch to bounce off of the facial recognition data base.
This is useful information: https://www.fbi.gov/audio-repository/news-podcasts-thisweek-facial-recognition/view

I agree. Using your post as a springboard I found the following article too about the FBI'S use of facial recognition technology. Interesting information for those who want to read more about it...

https://www.fbi.gov/news/testimony/law-enforcements-use-of-facial-recognition-technology

He shows up as 6' and 175 lbs. Too tall by a couple of inches. moo

ETA: And underweight for BG.

Crap. Thanks, Jax49.

Eta: How "written in stone" are the height assessments in yalls' opinion...do we have any wiggle room? I know we have several posts in the threads re: height analysis, great work from posters, plus LE's official height description...I know with UIDs the height can be way off...

Really hoping we can do a side by side anyway. Please please pretty please mods? I haven't asked for a single side by side in this whole case lol.

I wonder if LE has ruled this guy out? Or still investigating the possibility of a link?

So, the sketch was provided after his arrest then? (need to double check the dates)...

Probably another one of the crazy coincidences on websleuths, SIGH.

As a Missourian, I agree. His dialect is twangy like he grew up in farm country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard the clip, as a Tennessean I heard no accent that told me he may be from my area or similar. But you never k ow and everyone hears it differently. Imo!

So, the person who provided the info for the sketch:
We come into contact with dozens, if not hundreds, of people a day. There would be no reason to think one of these people was connected with a murder. The FBI says they are very confident in their sketch, meaning whoever provided the info must be very confident the person they IDed was involved. Seeing someone around wouldn't make you that confident. Therefore, I think the person either overheard/oversaw part of the crime or related activity and was threatened by BG (hence them being afraid to come forward), or BG confessed/bragged about the crime to them and threatened them, or BG attempted a crime on them as well.

I also think this because if the person was scared to come forward, they must think BG could identify them enough to come back for them. BG wouldn't recognize a random person he passed on the street or who pumped his gas. If he ran into someone right before or right after the crime, or if he confessed to someone, he would remember them. The tipster must have been a significant enough person in BG's day for him to know who they are.
Lilowlet's link from Alexis the reporter says the witness saw him on the historic trail that day that the girls went missing!

Crap. Thanks, Jax49.

Eta: How "written in stone" are the height assessments in yalls' opinion...do we have any wiggle room? I know we have several posts in the threads re: height analysis, great work from posters, plus LE's official height description...I know with UIDs the height can be way off...
I don't think it's a huge leap only because I can't judge height by looking at a person randomly unless they are shorter than myself. If I were an eye witness my guess would be a wide wide range. If going off the stills provided, jackets and such can make one look heavier imo always. But the reddish brown hair and dark eyes got me on this guy it was so weird to see. Imo!

Crap. Thanks, Jax49.

Really hoping we can do a side by side anyway. Please please pretty please mods? I haven't asked for a single side by side in this whole case lol.

I wonder if LE has ruled this guy out? Or still investigating the possibility of a link?

So, the sketcheck was provided after his arrest then (need to double check the dates)...

I think the four inch variable from LE is pretty much set in stone, to my mind.

Months ago I did my own guesstimate and came up with 5' 8". moo

(Gah I'm so edgy and irritable in these threads...I can barely stand to be in here wth...no offense to anyone here, it's not you guys it's ME...this whole BG thing just drives me freaking insane)

Re height of BG...I'm assuming it was based on the video and eye witness statements. Not just the witness.

Sorry if already posted, still catching up, but someone just sent me this article (thank you!) and I've got to say WOOOWWWW for many reasons...wet in the river, SA, appearance, location...

*going to ask a mod for permission on a side by side and permission to sleuth.

(Eta: flagged a mod.)

Good afternoon, thanks for flagging your post. I am gong to say no on the side by side for now. This dude is clearly a piece of work. But Terre Haute IN is 2 hours from Delphi. Unless we have some reason to believe he was in the area of Delphi IN on the day in question, no side by side.

Re height of BG...I'm assuming it was based on the video and eye witness statements. Not just the witness.
Yeah I agree it's on both, I'm just curious how to get the height off the vids or stills is why I'm weary to be certain, if they aren't certain too. But I'll sure be happy when he's caught though. This is frustrating, and not only for us I can't imagine the pain of the families and the entire state for that matter. I hope today is the day. They deserve justice.

Crap. Thanks, Jax49.

So, the sketch was provided after his arrest then? (need to double check the dates)...

I couldn't find his height on the arrest records I looked at - there was just a hyphen. He was arrested a week ago. Those large dimples in his cheeks and the red brown hair stand out and "not" blue eyes too. Also his weight on the arrest record of 175 seems low to me for someone 6 foot tall. The charges (from memory) were/are strangulation, sexual assault while holding at knifepoint, confinement, asault and battery plus the resisting arrest and fleeing. One to keep an eye on anyway IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member