IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see them trying to make him think they DON'T have DNA,and then maybe he get's careless.I don't see the advantage to the opposite.

JMO...

Not necessarily directed at you, ImnoSherlock...

I could see them trying to make him think they don't have DNA when they actually do.

So why do the swabs? It doesn't make sense.

:confused:

Just because LE have not said drugs are involved does not mean they weren't.

OK. But what does connect drugs to this crime? Have you done any research on drug crimes in that area? What research have you done, what facts have you found, to support this assertion?

LE also has not stated that grilled cheese sandwiches have nothing to do with this crime. They've never said that the *advertiser censored* industry has nothing to do with this crime. So from this, should I now believe that grilled cheese and *advertiser censored* are involved?

Again, LE can't spend all day debunking theories. There's a whole lot they haven't said, but there is also a lot they have said. And I have to assume that what they have said, is what they feel is important to solving this case. So why not focus on the facts they have provided us with? Clearly, they know a whole lot more about what happened, than we do.

Good points Ember. If we stifle speculation and theory there will be little to discuss. And we don't want to discourage posters who may subsequently know or bring up points no one else has mentioned.

To ask that someone back up a theory with facts is not stifling speculation, it is only asking that if you speculate, that you back up your theories with reliable substantiated fact.

JMO...

I could see them trying to make him think they don't have DNA when they actually do.

If the sample they have is degraded for some reason (let's say, the perp thought water would wash DNA away), but LE still has some hope that they will eventually be able to get some usable portion out of it, or hopes to find other evidence in the future....then why not swab? Also it is a litmus test showing if a person of interest is willing to cooperate (I realize there are valid reasons for even an innocent person to decline, but even so).

Having said all of that...I think they have some DNA. I really hope so, anyway.

To ask that someone back up a theory with facts is not stifling speculation, it is only asking that if you speculate, that you back up your theories with reliable substantiated fact.
If one has facts then it is no longer speculation. Are you familiar with the killer Kevin Sweat? This case reminds me of that case. There is a thread on WS about it.

From the last Holeman interview where he said that someone knows this guy and they need to do the right thing & turn him in:

@8:50 ... this person's probably going to do this again and I'd hate that to happen to you or your loved ones.... we can possibly stop this from happening again to your daughter or your mother or sister or anybody, it could be your brother or father as well.

https://youtu.be/BFHQIzJM-yQ

I'm curious what you all think about the part I bolded. Is it just something he said or did he really mean it? If he meant it, then that puts a whole new light on the rapist/SA/child predator theories, doesn't it?

OK. But what does connect drugs to this crime? Have you done any research on drug crimes in that area? What research have you done, what facts have you found, to support this assertion?

LE also has not stated that grilled cheese sandwiches have nothing to do with this crime. They've never said that the *advertiser censored* industry has nothing to do with this crime. So from this, should I now believe that grilled cheese and *advertiser censored* are involved?

Again, LE can't spend all day debunking theories. There's a whole lot they haven't said, but there is also a lot they have said. And I have to assume that what they have said, is what they feel is important to solving this case. So why not focus on the facts they have provided us with? Clearly, they know a whole lot more about what happened, than we do.
I gave you some facts earlier. There aren't many but you are not interested when I mention them. RL vehicle being taken for searching/testing, meth labs in POI premises, empty homes in the vicinity. Your second paragraph is unwarranted and meaninglessly similar to your previous alien paragraph. There are many things LE have not said. It does not mean we cannot speculate about what they have not said fps. You are talking rubbish.

If one has facts then it is no longer speculation. Are you familiar with the killer Kevin Sweat? This case reminds me of that case. There is a thread on WS about it.

Wow. I think you are right about the similarities. I was struck by the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation profile of Kevin Sweat that listed an anger motivation that had a sexual component (one of those poor girls had been shot deliberately in the groin). IMO, I would not be surprised to find out there was a similar motivation or similar perimortem injuries (not necessarily with a gun) in this Delphi case.

RBBM

NOTHING.

Nothing connects ANYTHING to this crime.

Not drugs. Not a grilled cheese sandwich. Not the *advertiser censored* industry. Not aliens. Not a vehicle. Not a second crime scene. Not DNA. Not a SA. Not a backback. Not a fanny pack. Not a white logo on his shirt. Not a puppy. Not a weapon. Not a hat.

Not A Blessed Thing!!!!

:gaah: :tantrum:

After 6 long months, all we really have to go on is a couple grainy photos from a video Liberty had the sense to take on her phone, three little words spoken by the alleged perpetrator of the crime also captured on Liberty's phone ("down the hill"), and two young girls who were found deceased about 1/4 mile from the north end of the Monon High Bridge. And now, a composite sketch.

Every time we think we have a bone thrown to us, like the possibility of DNA evidence or actually having Liberty's phone and not pulling info from the cloud, both of which were alluded to in the interview with Det. Holman, it's worded in such a way that we still can't say for sure if they have it or not.

:pullhair:

So drugs could very well be a factor in this. They very well could not. We do not know.

Sorry for the frustrated rant. Not necessarily all directed at you, Gracie.

And apologies if this all shows up bold. I'm not meaning to shout. It's looking funky on my screen and my phone keeps freezing up and not typing properly. (Not on Tapatalk.)

From the last Holeman interview where he said that someone knows this guy and they need to do the right thing & turn him in:

@8:50 ... this person's probably going to do this again and I'd hate that to happen to you or your loved ones.... we can possibly stop this from happening again to your daughter or your mother or sister or anybody, it could be your brother or father as well.

I'm curious what you all think about the part I bolded. Is it just something he said or did he really mean it? If he meant it, then that puts a whole new light on the rapist/SA/child predator theories, doesn't it?
Yes. And IMO I can think of only one thing that could explain that comment. Drugs.

If the sample they have is degraded for some reason (let's say, the perp thought water would wash DNA away), but LE still has some hope that they will eventually be able to get some usable portion out of it, or hopes to find other evidence in the future....then why not swab? Also it is a litmus test showing if a person of interest is willing to cooperate (I realize there are valid reasons for even an innocent person to decline, but even so).

Having said all of that...I think they have some DNA. I really hope so, anyway.

RBBM

Honestly didn't think about the sample being degraded or compromised. Thank you for your insight!
~RIP Meagan....

That phrasing stuck out to me as well. Your idea is definitely valid, or what occurred to me at the time I read it was that after listing female victims he realized that he didn't want a person with a critical piece of info to think, "but I don't have a sister so it doesn't affect me."

JMO...

That's ok you can direct that at me,I think we said the same thing :)

RBBM

NOTHING.

Nothing connects ANYTHING to this crime.

Not drugs. Not a grilled cheese sandwich. Not the *advertiser censored* industry. Not aliens. Not a vehicle. Not a second crime scene. Not DNA. Not a SA. Not a backback. Not a fanny pack. Not a white logo on his shirt. Not a puppy. Not a weapon. Not a hat.

Not A Blessed Thing!!!!

:gaah: :tantrum:

After 6 long months, all we really have to go on is a couple grainy photos from a video Liberty had the sense to take on her phone, three little words spoken by the alleged perpetrator of the crime also captured on Liberty's phone ("down the hill"), and two young girls who were found deceased about 1/4 mile from the north end of the Monon High Bridge.

Every time we think we have a bone thrown to us, like the possibility of DNA evidence or actually having Liberty's phone and not pulling info from the cloud, both of which were alluded to in the interview with Det. Holman, it's worded in such a way that we still can't say for sure if they have it or not.

:pullhair:

So drugs could very well be a factor in this. They very well could not. We do not know.

Sorry for the frustrated rant. Not necessarily all directed at you, Gracie.

And apologies if this all shows up bold. I'm not meaning to shout. It's looking funky on my screen and my phone keeps freezing up and not typing properly. (Not on Tapatalk.)

He did say they found the phone in the same general area.

Wow. I think you are right about the similarities. I was struck by the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation profile of Kevin Sweat that listed an anger motivation that had a sexual component (one of those poor girls had been shot deliberately in the groin). IMO, I would not be surprised to find out there was a similar motivation or similar perimortem injuries (not necessarily with a gun) in this Delphi case.
(There was also a possible revenge angle in that case as a motive. The killer was not caught till he killed again and the bullet casings matched.)

Has the video been modified recently? I ask because I'm not hearing the highlighted quote. What I hear ends with "or whatever". No specific mention of males.

If the problem is my ears please share the the time stamp. TIA.

Has the video been modified recently? I ask because I'm not hearing the highlighted quote. What I hear ends with "or whatever". No specific mention of males.

If the problem is my ears please share the the time stamp. TIA.
I just heard sister,daughter,grand daughter or cousin or whatever.

Why are y'all sniping, snarking and shouting at each other in the room?

Dial it down or TOs will be forthcoming.

This post lands at random.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members