IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey do you have a link to that new info on the Flora fires this is very interesting. Very sad and I do not think mom set her children on fire.

Why am I not finding a thread for this case? Please someone tell me I'm not searching correctly as there surely should have been one started long ago.

Everyone talks about DNA. Yes, he may not have any priors that required his DNA & that is why they can't compare DNA in CODIS.

However, before DNA, there was a thing called fingerprints.
I do not believe this guy murdered 2 girls and did NOT leave fingerprints somewhere!
My state of California requires fingerprints for a regular drivers license but only 4 states require that! Hard to believe in this day & age, that ALL states don't require fingerprints for all drivers. Indiana DMV requires fingerprints for commercial drivers who drive hazardous materials only! Well, I don't think he drives commercial trucks with hazardous materials.
This from Indiana DMV website:
[h=2]HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ENDORSEMENT[/h]In order to comply with the threat assessment measures required by the U.S.A. Patriot Act, all individuals who hold a commercial driver license with a hazardous materials endorsement must have their fingerprints recorded.

This from FBI website re assistance and fingerprints:

[h=1]If an individual is being sought by local police for committing a crime, what assistance can the FBI render to locate the fugitive?[/h]

A “stop” will be placed against the fugitive’s fingerprints in the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division. Local police will be notified immediately upon the receipt of any additional fingerprints of the fugitive. The fugitive’s name and identifying data also will be entered into the National Crime Information Center, a computerized database that is accessible to law enforcement agencies nationwide. Any agency that inquires about this individual will be informed of his or her fugitive status. In addition, the FBI may obtain a federal arrest warrant and attempt to locate an individual who flees prosecution or confinement if there is reason to believe the person has traveled across a state line or left the country.

Thoughts, fellow sleuths...

Why am I not finding a thread for this case? Please someone tell me I'm not searching correctly as there surely should have been one started long ago.

I remember ppl talking about it here I dont know if there was a thread for this tragedy.

JMO he didnt leave DNA unless its a cigarette butt or a beer bottle. JMO
He led them off the bridge and killed them.

JMO he didnt leave DNA unless its a cigarette butt or a beer bottle. JMO
He led them off the bridge and killed them.

yes, but I am not speaking of DNA. I know that he may have had gloves but those could have come off at some point or he removed them for a better grip or hold of something.

Also, I do not believe two murders of this magnitude would leave absolutely NO DNA.

I remember ppl talking about it here I dont know if there was a thread for this tragedy.

Thanks Eileen. I've alerted a mod and asked if there is one and if not to please start a thread for those sweet girls.

Back to this case, do you have a motive for this killing that you might wish to share?

Thanks Eileen. I've alerted a mod and asked if there is one and if not to please start a thread for those sweet girls.

Back to this case, do you have a motive for this killing that you might wish to share?

Like i have said many times they saw something or they knew him.
He may not have even touched them he could have hit them with a rock or a tree limb. Thus no DNA unless they find whatever he touched.. he silenced them. IMO not a sexual attack.

So, in that case, he killed them without touching them!

Very possible yes....
Hit over the head with a tree limb or a rock as they walked ahead of him. im not 100 percent with strangled.
just a thought.

Also, I do not believe two murders of this magnitude would leave absolutely NO DNA.

I tend not to think so either but what if he thought that forcing them to disrobe in the creek after an assault would wash away DNA evidence? What if he brought bleach in a kill kit that he stashed at the CS? What if he wiped down their bodies? What if, like the murderer of Vanessa Marcotte, he thought that burning would destroy DNA (luckily in that case, the perp was unsuccessful)? If he did any of these things he might have contaminated the sample enough that even fast-tracked DNA analysis is not yet available.

attachment.php

Interesting side-by-side.

I'd imagine the perp in the Ft. Wayne case is in his late-40's or maybe 50 or so, age-wise.

I tend not to think so either but what if he thought that forcing them to disrobe in the creek after an assault would wash away DNA evidence? What if he brought bleach in a kill kit that he stashed at the CS? What if he wiped down their bodies? What if, like the murderer of Vanessa Mascotte, he thought that burning would destroy DNA (luckily in that case, the perp was unsuccessful)? If he did any of these things he might have contaminated the sample enough that even fast-tracked DNA analysis is not yet available.

I dont think he took all that time with them I also am not sure they were dead when he left them. There are alot of unanswered questions. aot of what ifs.

I also think the girls saw him with someone......

Eileen, I'm intrigued by your thoughts. Especially since you have been on WS for such a long time and have followed many cases. I don't think you've come to this conclusion lightly based on your experience. That is why I find picking your brain helpful. So with that, and based on your theory, why do you think he took them to that location, either having to cross the creek or by vehicle? And I know you have been here since day one as I have and I'm sure you've probably stated all this before and I am having #65 thread brain fog, so indulge me if you will. And if you'd rather not opine, that's ok in my book as well. :fence:

Very possible yes....
Hit over the head with a tree limb or a rock as they walked ahead of him. im not 100 percent with strangled.
just a thought.

JMO...

I was just reminded by another sleuther a couple pages back that Libby's grandfather said she fought back. Do you have any thoughts on how she could have fought back and not got any of the perp's DNA on her?

This is not snark. I'm trying to wrap my head around possible scenarios. TIA.

JMO...

I was just reminded by another sleuther a couple pages back that Libby's grandfather said she fought back. Do you have any thoughts on how she could have fought back and not got any of the perp's DNA on her?

Going out on a limb here but I don't know that he received that information or was his opinion. And to be clear, when referring to 'grandfather', it was

Liberty's grandfather, Dennis Bridge, 59, told DailyMail.com: 'She was a strong-willed girl, she put up a fight.'

JMO...

I think he felt she would have fought back. she was fiesty I dont believe he knew if she did or did not. JMO
If LE found DNA on these two young girls we would not still be addressing it all these months later.

Attachments

• AR-305039986.jpg
    AR-305039986.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 246
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics