IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for research purposes,can any of you sleuthers explain to me why a RSO,still living and still on probation/incarcerated,might have their name removed from both local and state registry?I have noticed that even if incarcerated,they still appear on the registry.Thanks in advance for any information.

Did anyone answer yet? The only thing I could think of is that perhaps an appeal has taken place?

I just found this info at Indiana Department of Correction. It explains the sex and violent offender registry appeal procedure. And the next part is what I found disturbing, it appears there is a loophole for violent offenders pre 7/1/2007? Partial quote in italics below is from: http://www.in.gov/idoc/3285.htm

*NOTICE: TO ALL VIOLENT OFFENDERS WHO COMMITTED THEIR OFFENSES IN INDIANA PRIOR TO JULY 1, 2007 AND WHO ARE NOT REQUIRED TO REGISTER AS VIOLENT OFFENDERS AS A CURRENT CONDITION OF PROBATION OR PAROLE

The violent offender law requiring registration and a registry of violent offenders is unconstitutionally retroactive under the Indiana Constitution as applied to violent offenders who committed their offenses in Indiana before the date the law went into effect, July 1, 2007, except insofar as the persons are required to register as a current condition of probation or parole.

If you have been classified as violent offender as a result of committing the offense in Indiana prior to July 1, 2007, and you are not currently required to register as a condition of probation or parole, the Indiana Department of Correction has been ordered to remove your name and all information concerning you from the sex and violent offender registry, unless you are convicted of other offenses that allow you to be currently classified as a sex or violent offender.

Woooow...good find you all.

So, am I understanding this correctly, that he could have served time in prison for a violent offense, released, and not required to register as an RSO if his crime was before 2007?! Need to reread after coffee...

Eta: I can't get over this...unbelievable...this is potentially huuuuuge imo, as related to BG. So, even more,, everyone incarcerated for violent crimes before this date need to be looked at.

As simple as that theory is, it makes a lot of sense. I just keep wondering at what point he knew he was going to pursue them, and how he managed to appear somewhat innocuous up to that point. Did he hide? Or did he just walk the trail back and forth?

If he'd just stood at the end of the bridge waiting for a victim, he would surely have stood out.

I think he was wandering the trail waiting for someone to cross the bridge to the SE area which is more isolated and hidden from the official trail. This is (IMHO) where/how the other witnesses saw him. I believe that when the girls started to cross he watched for others to do the same, when no one did, he made his move.

I don't think he selected them for any reason other than they fell into his plan by crossing the bridge at a most opportune time for him.

The way he was dressed suggests he had been there since early morning when the temps would have been cooler.

That accent would fit in the majority of Ohio with the exception of the southeastern part of the state. I would also say most of central and northern Indiana. Parts of Michigan as well. In short, he could be from anywhere in the midwest:(

This question is for the folks who live in Indiana. Is the killers accent local to the area?
Does anyone on the forum have an idea what state the killer is from?
Thats where alot of the media attention should focus on. Thats where LE will get a name from.
Someone knows him.

Woooow...good find you all.

So, am I understanding this correctly, that he could have served time in prison for a violent offense, released, and not required to register as an RSO if his crime was before 2007?!
Yes if it was not a condition of his/her parole or probation as I read it. Sounds like there may be some unregistered SO's out there based on this loophole.
Based on this, I wonder if there is a non registered sex offenders list held by LE?

Sadly you are probably correct. Much like a person plans a day at the mall, working in the field, etc...this twisted being set out that day with the intent to kill.

I think he was wandering the trail waiting for someone to cross the bridge to the SE area which is more isolated and hidden from the official trail. This is (IMHO) where/how the other witnesses saw him. I believe that when the girls started to cross he watched for others to do the same, when no one did, he made his move.

I don't think he selected them for any reason other than they fell into his plan by crossing the bridge at a most opportune time for him.

The way he was dressed suggests he had been there since early morning when the temps would have been cooler.

I'm thinking the best spot would have been to be hanging out beneath the bridge near one end or the other. IMO he had a secluded spot to sit where he could keep track of the comings and goings of people on the trail. Maybe he even had piece of paper keeping track of who he saw and when, and then made sure he knew if they left. I am thinking he knew no one was in the vicinity when the girls appeared and he climbed up the hill from whichever end he was hidden and walked onto the bridge. I would say a pair of binoculars would have been useful for him to scan in the distance to be sure no one was wandering in the trees. Much like a deer hunter hides in a blind, this guy likely had a spot to watch from. IMO

I am not talking about "the trail" but the empty private properties at the secluded south end in the direction this guy was heading.

WADR what is the evidence for an "organised" murder, as you have said, as opposed to a "random" or drug induced one? Where does your "100%" statement originate? My "evidence" is the similar murder of young Skyla and Taylor who were shot multiple times by a guy who thought they were "monsters". He was only discovered when he shot his GF some years later.

AJMO

I did wonder early on if a "tweaker" was responsible for this. I'm not sure of course, but not ruling it out. We soo often see meth connections in other cases here as related to peros. Foxfire mentioned this several times. Again, is this applicable here, who knows...

Websleuths use to have a forum/thread to post cases these shows might be interested in. I cant find it.

Oh yeah! I believe it was called something like "Dateline needs your stories"...or something like that! Great idea/recollection! I'm sure there is also an applicable link on their websites.

It turns out alot of people from Indiana never heard of this case.
This case needs more coverage.
The killer is walking around unnoticed.

If I/you were BG, or MMP (post 1100), what would we do to hide? Get the heck out of dodge, live in seclusion as much as possible, and implement a disguise. Anything else?

Your last sentence is interesting...

If I/you were BG, or MMP (post 1100), what would we do to hide? Get the heck out of dodge, live in seclusion as much as possible, and implement a disguise. Anything else?
He would have shaved his face and head and put on a pair of sunglasses.

That accent would fit in the majority of Ohio with the exception of the southeastern part of the state. I would also say most of central and northern Indiana. Parts of Michigan as well. In short, he could be from anywhere in the midwest:(

This guy could be absolutely aaaaanywhere....

:banghead:

It turns out alot of people from Indiana never heard of this case.
This case needs more coverage.
The killer is walking around unnoticed.

This story has gotten plenty of national and regional news coverage, when there are new developments. Every national news web site had articles about the missing girls, then the murders, about the photos and audio being released, about the new sketch, etc. I am surprised so few know about this case, honestly, if they follow the news at all. However, there just have not been many updates over the six months, so it would be easy to miss, I guess.

I did wonder early on if a "tweaker" was responsible for this. I'm not sure of course, but not ruling it out. We soo often see meth connections in other cases here as related to peros. Foxfire mentioned this several times. Again, is this applicable here, who knows...
Now it is my turn to ask for word meanings. What are "tweakers" and "peros" please?

To my knowledge, we have not discussed a possible gang connection. No, the girls were not active in gangs. But, could their deaths have been a gang related event? An initiation, perhaps? The last link on this post has found my heart really thumping....

Police: Over 300 active gangs in Indianapolis
http://www.wthr.com/article/police-over-300-active-gangs-in-indianapolis

Central Indiana Gangs Spread To Suburbs
Gang Problem More Violent, Increasingly Mobile

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/central-indiana-gangs-spread-to-suburbs

Crime Rate in Delphi
This means that your chances of becoming a victim of any type of crime in DELPHI is 1 in 32 if you reside there for a year.
http://insideprison.com/city_crime_statistics.asp?cityCaseR=DELPHI&stateNorm=IN&zipC=46923

Man found beaten, tied to a tree after kidnapping
7:16 PM, Apr 19, 2017
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Three men were arrested and preliminarily charged after beating a man and tying him to a tree in rural Owen County, Indiana, police say.
[Bloomington is in Owen Co which is South of Indy. Delphi is N of Indy.]
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-found-beaten-tied-to-a-tree-after-kidnapping

4 accused of battery, kidnapping in Carroll County
Ron Wilkins, rwilkins@jconline.com
Updated 9:42 p.m. ET Oct. 11, 2016

DELPHI, Ind. — Kidnapping isn't the sort of crime typically associated with rural Carroll County, but last month four men associated with the Wolf Pack motorcycle club allegedly kidnapped and severely beat a Delphi man, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said Tuesday.
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2016/10/11/four-club-members-accused-kidnapping/91921012/

Looks like we need a fresh thread. I'll be back with a link in a bit. Be prepared to move over to #66 shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark2221