IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I was thinking the opposite. I'd think if they were even just familiar with him, he'd have been referred to as more than just 'creepy guy'. Maybe 'the creepy guy that's always hanging out in front of *advertiser censored*', 'creepy guy that lives next to *advertiser censored*', something like that.

Maybe I'm reaching, but it stills seems a calculated move on Libby's part, to start recording while he was following them, I feel like she'd have given more info if he was known to them.

It was never said that either girl said "creepy guy" on the recording.

Does anyone know BP well enough to invite her here as a verified insider?

I think it is because they don't know who it is. Why would they be taking and asking for DNA swabs from people otherwise? It could also be more than one perp's DNA at the CS. JMO.

I completely agree. I doubt they would take DNA swabs if they had absolutely nothing going to compare it to. My personal feeling is that either the perp made deliberate attempts to destroy DNA evidence at the scene or that there is more than one perpetrator and the DNA samples are commingled. Both possibilities are terrible to think about but could explain why LE said at the beginning that there was a twist, or unusual aspects, to this crime.

It was never said that either girl said "creepy guy" on the recording.

Ah, thank you. I'm on info overload today, everything's blurring together. Apologies!

Ah, thank you. I'm on info overload today, everything's blurring together. Apologies!

No problem! I'm on overload most of the time, and multi-tasking and trying to read everything as fast as I can gets me all blurry a lot of the time too.

I felt the emotion regarding the phone shutting off!

Glad I'm not the only one. That and when asked if the weapon was left at the scene. I could visibly see him recoil from those questions and the emotion flashed across his face. He seemed uncomfortable, where as he was pretty normal during the rest of the interview. Could be nothing, but I'm always watching people's body language so I couldn't help but notice.

I pray these investigators and LE find peace for themselves as well.

Interesting, I was thinking the opposite. I'd think if they were even just familiar with him, he'd have been referred to as more than just 'creepy guy'. Maybe 'the creepy guy that's always hanging out in front of *advertiser censored*', 'creepy guy that lives next to *advertiser censored*', something like that.

Maybe I'm reaching, but it stills seems a calculated move on Libby's part, to start recording while he was following them, I feel like she'd have given more info if he was known to them.

I agree, and if they knew him someone else did and would have recognized him by now.

With the revelation of Libby's phone being found with the girls, I am wondering how the phone pings around town that afternoon play into this? This article leads me to believe it's Abby's phone that's being referred to but it isn't entirely clear.

“Missing, abducted, we don’t know for sure,” said Patty.” The cellphone has been pinging around town – and here there is a cellphone tower – but the ping was last noted around five to six hours ago. And they say the phone is now dead.”

http://wlfi.us/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/

With the revelation of Libby's phone being found with the girls, I am wondering how the phone pings around town that afternoon play into this? This article leads me to believe it's Abby's phone that's being referred to but it isn't entirely clear.

http://wlfi.us/2017/02/14/community-continues-to-search-for-missing-teens-in-carroll-county/
From what I know of phones pinging on different towers they don't necessarily have to be moving to do that as it can also depend on tower capacity, I believe. The case map shows the cell towers in the area so if the phone was in range of more than one tower, that could explain it. JMO.

How do we know ssome ppl have not said hey that looks like so n so.
Well 24,000 people have indeed said that but we don't know what percentage were known to the girls except for one (RL). As noone has yet been charged with the murders, then nothing, presumably, has checked out regarding known or unknown to the girls. Suffice it to say LE don't recognise him so he must not be known AFAICS.

If it was someone they knew, why would they be concerned enough at being followed to record? Also, if they knew him, how come LE and nobody else seems to know him? I don't see that as likely WADR.
Why didnt they run?
If they had a bad feeling about this guy why stay there let him get closer and closer.

I disagree about Sgt Holeman confirming the two girls crossed the creek.

Beginning at 10:27, he explains, from the High Bridge to where the girls were found on private property, the difficulty it would have been for them to walk through steep terrain, a wooded area with sticker bushes, and to cross the creek in cold water that was cooler than the air temperature. He doesn't think anyone, while on a walk, would choose to walk that way.

At 25:25 is a question, by the reporter:
"Was a weapon found at the scene?" He declined to answer.

Going back to about 10:00 and listening again, I see what you're saying about crossing the creek. I agree now that he was not saying this is the route BG took them. So...how did they get to the crime scene? Off the north end of the bridge?

Thanks for clarifying the question the reporter asked was about the weapon

DNA testing has become a lot more involved as the ability to test smaller and smaller samples, results in more profiles. I think what the detective is saying is that there is a lengthy process in determining which of the profiles are touch or from family, friends and acquaintances, vs. any samples that might, in fact, be the killers. My guess is that it would be a very involved and difficult process of elimination, because they don't have a suspect to test against.

The average turn around on DNA testing now can be as short at 48 hours now. But testing the samples against known persons can take awhile.

The average turn around for DNA testing in Indiana, in 2010 was about 8 weeks--https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm--but with recent advances this turn around may be much faster now.

He doesn't say whether or not any profiles have been put through CODIS in this interview. Does this get addressed in another interview?

attachment.php

Are flat-caps worn a lot in the mid-west? I don't see them much where I am at. And when I looked up the style, they made a comeback apparently, last year with Peaky-Blinders. But this style cap seems more British or Irish.

This guys entire outfit might be worth noting. It's not outlandish in anyway. Quite the opposite. But maybe as nondescript as he appears, he's actually trending a wee bit. Flat-cap, hoodie, blue over-sized jacket, baggie jeans and boots.

Hmmmmm. Have no idea. But the choice of hat seems a little telling somehow.

Noting.. for the umpteenth time.... LE said to DISREGARD cap/hat.

:moo:

But not necessarily the perpetrator's DNA, and we've known all along there's more audio.

:moo: Agree. It's not new information for us, but new information to get this into the media again... so THAT IS GOOD!

I was watching an ID show just a few nights ago, where the family had media with them going to a ... hmmm, what are they called... not a palmreader but a ???. Anyhoooooooo! on ID channel, LE said they didn't necessarily agree with what they were doing, but did understand it was a VEHICLE to get media interest in the case, which then... after airing, actually DID HELP!

After so much time, family will perhaps reach out for ANY avenue to get publicity and media interest. Kudos for them by using ANY means to get in the media (and for another WS thread here for Savannah Gold, where police would not investigate but the FAMILY got media involved big time! :grouphug: and Team Chase case also, who got Nancy Grace/podcasts for their extreme efforts when LE would not/did not investigate that they saw )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz