IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX news is highlighting this case now.

LE has DNA and more audio. Just reported.

Thanks!
Hoping this case is being highlighted again on all news sources to get the word out.

I see them pretty regularly in Chicago.
But - I think this particular hat was picked because they have no hairline to work with, and this is a pretty nondescript cap that won't mask other facial features.
Per LE - don't focus on the hat :)

I'm not so much focused on the cap to identify it, only that it might possibly indicate what region he is from. For example if he was wearing a beanie-I might think college student, or a baseball cap with a logo--maybe NY, that sort of thing--it's all pretty speculative, I know.

Sometimes localities have "trends" in how people dress. I'm in an area where you would rarely see a cap like that. So it's not the cap per se, but wondering if the style of garb is recognizable at all. And granted, he's pretty generic in his look---except for the cap. In the photo it does look as if he is wearing a flat-cap.

I think what LE means is, don't think you can ID the man by the cap, but that doesn't mean that the cap might not indicate something about the guy.

His dialect, what little can be heard, does sound mid-western to me.

Just a reminder "The stuff of Nightmares" everyone keeps referring to was never attributed to Law Enforcement. This was quote from an Inside Edition report siting "Unnamed sources". Please stop saying it as fact.

Thoughts on DNA. It seems that they are having trouble isolating the DNA of the perp (s). I'm trying to think of the possible reasons for that and what it might mean.

1. The perp really didn't leave any DNA evidence. Seems like if this is true, it may rule out sexual assault?
2. The perp left DNA evidence, but attempted measures to degrade or eliminate it. Bleach? Forcing them into the creek? Putting clothes in the water?
3. The perp left DNA but it is a mixed sample of two or more individuals which is complicating the analysis. The conclusion from this might be that there is more than one perp.

Other ideas?

No dna. Jmo

But not necessarily the perpetrator's DNA, and we've known all along there's more audio.

Why state they have DNA if they mean the DNA of the victims? That would be a given since they had their bodies. Therefore, I would suggest this means they have BG's DNA. Seems they are about to release more audio - that is the drift I caught from the few seconds of coverage. Maybe, maybe not.

Thoughts on DNA. It seems that they are having trouble isolating the DNA of the perp (s). I'm trying to think of the possible reasons for that and what it might mean.

1. The perp really didn't leave any DNA evidence. Seems like if this is true, it may rule out sexual assault?
2. The perp left DNA evidence, but attempted measures to degrade or eliminate it. Bleach? Forcing them into the creek? Putting clothes in the water?
3. The perp left DNA but it is a mixed sample of two or more individuals which is complicating the analysis. The conclusion from this might be that there is more than one perp.

Other ideas?

Whoa! What makes you think they are having trouble isolating the perp's DNA? Just because they haven't found a match doesn't mean they don't have a full profile. What am I missing?

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

:please: let some of the DNA found belong to the killer and provide a match for them when someone tips them with the name of someone resembling the sketch. I truly think this is about connecting the right dots and I think eventually they will do just that.

“At every crime scene, you are going to have DNA. We are still working on identifying all of the DNA that we have there,” said Sgt. Holeman.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

:please: let some of the DNA found belong to the killer and provide a match for them when someone tips them with the name of someone resembling the sketch. I truly think this is about connecting the right dots and I think eventually they will do just that.
TY Tlcya. They have DNA and are working to identify it. I think that is clearer for us now so we shouldn't need to speculate much except - more than one perp maybe?

Jmo. This was someone they know.

While I somewhat agree with that, they didn't per say know him, or I think they would have said on the audio...what's up with creepy John or what is Bob doing...They were concerned enough to talk on audio, I would hope they left clues or would have outright said a name if they knew.

There is dna on every cig butt candy wrapper soda bottle beer can.. but i dont think there was dna left on the girls. Jmo

FOX news is highlighting this case now.

LE has DNA and more audio. Just reported.

Is this another article? Media Story? or what was released yesterday just being re-reported?

Whoa! What makes you think they are having trouble isolating the perp's DNA? Just because they haven't found a match doesn't mean they don't have a full profile. What am I missing?

It definitely could be that they have a full profile that isn't yet matched to a sample in any database. So yes, that is another possibility. But I, like everyone else, am trying to understand what Sgt Holeman meant by saying they are still trying to separate out the victims' DNA, the relatives' DNA, etc. I got the impression that they were still doing analysis, though of course I could be wrong.

While I somewhat agree with that, they didn't per say know him, or I think they would have said on the audio...what's up with creepy John or what is Bob doing...They were concerned enough to talk on audio, I would hope they left clues or would have outright said a name if they knew.

I feel they walked away with him no struggle no fear. If this was a stranger
There would be screams they would had tried to run.. ppl were out there.

I can't help but pick up on the emotion in his voice when asked if Libby shut the recording off or not. Does anyone else pick up on that?

He didn't want to respond to if there was a murder weapon left at the scene or not. Perhaps that's what you're referring to?

I felt the emotion regarding the phone shutting off!

Other ideas?

Personally, I believe the can only find Abby, Libby and family DNA, which is why they are having an issue isolating the DNA, it should have been a standout after matching Abby, Libby and family, what would be left? The ...

If it was someone they knew, why would they be concerned enough at being followed to record? Also, if they knew him, how come LE and nobody else seems to know him? I don't see that as likely WADR.

Personally, I believe the can only find Abby, Libby and family DNA, which is why they are having an issue isolating the DNA, it should have been a standout after matching Abby, Libby and family, what would be left? The ...
I think it is because they don't know who it is. Why would they be taking and asking for DNA swabs from people otherwise? It could also be more than one perp's DNA at the CS. JMO.

Interesting, I was thinking the opposite. I'd think if they were even just familiar with him, he'd have been referred to as more than just 'creepy guy'. Maybe 'the creepy guy that's always hanging out in front of *advertiser censored*', 'creepy guy that lives next to *advertiser censored*', something like that.

Maybe I'm reaching, but it stills seems a calculated move on Libby's part, to start recording while he was following them, I feel like she'd have given more info if he was known to them.

I ddon't think they are having an issue isolating it. They are still working on separating it all. No "issue."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay