IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tread carefully my friends. Please ask a mod first.
Sherlock, I agree she is an insider but she is also family. And anyone can create a FB page and claim to be someone (not saying she did this-just pointing out the possible hazards of allowing something in)

:daisy:
Yes ma'am

Holman is very careful *not* to say that they have isolated the perp's DNA. He says that they have recovered DNA from the scene (and mentions the DNA of family members and touch DNA, etc) AND he agrees that all perps leave DNA at a crime scene. He then mentions that [6 months later] labs are (paraphrasing) "still trying lots of techniques" [to isolate DNA]. This tells me that they have not successfully isolated DNA known to be perps. It suggests to me that no SA-related DNA was recovered, and also that fingernail scrapings have not yielded DNA in sufficient quantity or quality to be isolated and identified. Otherwise the lab would not be working on this 6 months later. Sounds like they have degraded/and or trace DNA that they believe to be perp's, but after 6 months lab is still trying to extract a profile. <br>
<br>
I am glad and grateful (but not surprised) that they are persevering in the effort.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the perp's DNA. Especially since they don't want to release more of the audio due to the possibility of false confessions. DNA would rule out a false confession...and I would think a few more words from the perp might make him more identifiable.

Thinking a little more about who the guy is who did this:

The impression I'm left with from all the news coverage is that this man was able to corral and control these girls very quickly. And though they were young, they were smart and they were old enough to run, so he seems to have understood how to subdue them, in a very short amount of time. That might indicate the type of weapon he had. And if he had an actual weapon, then he came prepared to do something to someone.

And the fact that he was brazen enough to abduct two older children, at once, in broad daylight, in an area where another adult could, easily have appeared to interrupt the abduction at any moment, indicates that he may have done something like this before. And gotten away with it. Maybe it wasn't a murder the other times. Maybe it was something else. But he's brazen. And confident.

With all the media coverage he has been able to remain under the radar for 6 months. And at this point, he could be anywhere. And it seems very possible that he's altered his appearance by now.

He must have some kind of resources. And the ability to travel. I doubt he has a regular 9-5 job, but he probably has some form of income and he probably owns a vehicle. He likely frequents areas like the Delphi trail.

But again, he could be anywhere. I almost wish they would make composites of this guy with different facial hair, or no facial hair. No hat. So that people can imagine him with an altered appearance. Because someone could be looking at him right now, and he may not look like the composite. It's really scary. Maybe before he didn't go after children. Maybe his MO is completely one of opportunity, so if you are looking for like-crimes it might not be a crime against a child, but simply someone assaulted in a park-like area.

He seems so comfortable in that realm, it's hard to imagine this was his first time doing something like this.

Sherlock, I agree she is an insider but she is also family. And anyone can create a FB page and claim to be someone (not saying she did this-just pointing out the possible hazards of allowing something in)

Noted. I'll keep it off the boards unless I am given permission. With all the web savvy people here I'm sure others may stumble across the discussion for themselves. It was really nothing major, and probably something that wouldn't help with the investigation. Just a confirmation of action.

Is there any info anywhere about what time these witnesses saw BG/sketch guy on the trails or in the area? Wondering if it was before or after the crime had occurred. Only because with info we do have on time line, I find it really hard to believe someone was at the SE end of the bridge and saw this guy but no one else and no girls. However timing might clear those questions up. Also if he was spotted at the beginning of trails and before crime, would clear that up as well. Thinking out loud.

Everything is MOO or speculation.

Once again, it is the same reporter for Fox59 reporting information no else did in her story. DNA and that the phone was found with the girls e.g. at the same location as their bodies. I don't know what to make of this yet.

Sounds like from the interview DNA was found (sort of a duh right) but not the PERPS DNA necessarily...statement could have been a bit misleading on their end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG~~~busy getting kids ready to go back to school.

How frightening to have some sicko guy following you. Sounds like it is a matter of time before they can isolate perps DNA. This guy is going to get the death penalty when he is found! I do believe he will be found, its just a matter of time!!!!

We are hearing more info so that must mean LE is closing in, right??

Today is the day!!!

This full video interview towards the bottom of he page is a must.

http://fox59.com/2017/08/14/lead-de...ave-more-audio-from-teens-phone-dna-evidence/

About 10:55 They did cross the creek to the crime scene-I had not seen that confirmed before!

About 7:08 This sketch is compiled from what several people thought he looked like

About 19:00 We've been able to eliminate them...not all of them but most of them (referring to tips based on the voice)

About 25:20 They've interviewed thousands of people; including formal interviews (audio and video) of about 400-500

About 25:25 The interviewer asks a question I cannot make out----anyone? He responds that he does not want to respond at this time.

I can't help but pick up on the emotion in his voice when asked if Libby shut the recording off or not. Does anyone else pick up on that?

He didn't want to respond to if there was a murder weapon left at the scene or not. Perhaps that's what you're referring to?

Thoughts on DNA. It seems that they are having trouble isolating the DNA of the perp (s). I'm trying to think of the possible reasons for that and what it might mean.

1. The perp really didn't leave any DNA evidence. Seems like if this is true, it may rule out sexual assault?
2. The perp left DNA evidence, but attempted measures to degrade or eliminate it. Bleach? Forcing them into the creek? Putting clothes in the water?
3. The perp left DNA but it is a mixed sample of two or more individuals which is complicating the analysis. The conclusion from this might be that there is more than one perp.

Other ideas?

Just come to check in every month .... and keep hoping that the monster has been caught... so heartbreaking... not today ....but the day is coming...

Absolutely love the Police Motto on their wall .... Today's the day ....

They didnt. Sgt Holman said carefully that phone was found "in the general area" that the girls were. The whole interview answers all of these questions.

If I recall correctly, after the bodies were found,LE had a metal detector under the bridge. I've often questioned whether Libby purposely pushed her phone through the space between the rails,after DTH.She might have done this to hide it from BG?

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

attachment.php

Are flat-caps worn a lot in the mid-west? I don't see them much where I am at. And when I looked up the style, they made a comeback apparently, last year with Peaky-Blinders. But this style cap seems more British or Irish.

This guys entire outfit might be worth noting. It's not outlandish in anyway. Quite the opposite. But maybe as nondescript as he appears, he's actually trending a wee bit. Flat-cap, hoodie, blue over-sized jacket, baggie jeans and boots.

Hmmmmm. Have no idea. But the choice of hat seems a little telling somehow.

Attachments

• Libby & Abigail.png
    Libby & Abigail.png
    631.9 KB · Views: 645
Direct quote

A source familiar with the investigation described the full recording as "the stuff of nightmares."

Source:
https://www.ksat.com/inside-edition...uspect-5-months-after-murder-of-indiana-teens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightmares don't have to be gory.
To me, the idea that Liberty started recording, just in case, and then went on to act as normal, girl chatting with Abby, and then asking if the creepy guy was still following? That is exactly the stuff of nightmares.
I hike alone, a LOT, and imagining this terrifies me.

attachment.php

Are flat-caps worn a lot in the mid-west? I don't see them much where I am at. And when I looked up the style, they made a comeback apparently, last year with Peaky-Blinders. But this style cap seems more British or Irish.

This guys entire outfit might be worth noting. It's not outlandish in anyway. Quite the opposite. But maybe as nondescript as he appears, he's actually trending a wee bit. Flat-cap, hoodie, blue over-sized jacket, baggie jeans and boots.

Police specifically said to not focus on the hat as it is a composite sketch and focus on the facial features.

attachment.php

I see them pretty regularly in Chicago.
But - I think this particular hat was picked because they have no hairline to work with, and this is a pretty nondescript cap that won't mask other facial features.
Per LE - don't focus on the hat :)

They said not to pay attention to the hat so I'm not worried about it. You can always always scroll down enough so the hat doesn't show or put a piece of paper over it if it distracts you from concentrating more on the face.

They have drawn his nose darker. Does that mean sunburned or red nose? Is his skin white, pale, tanned, or more ruddy tone?

If someone got close enough to get a good look at him, I wonder if they noticed if he smelled like smoke - from cigarettes, cigars or campfire?

I can't help but pick up on the emotion in his voice when asked if Libby shut the recording off or not.
Does anyone else pick up on that?
Thx . That was the question I couldn't hear at the end.

He didn't want to respond to if there was a murder weapon left at the scene or not. Perhaps that's what you're referring to?
Thx. That was the question I couldn't hear.

I think it should be allowed.BP is an insider that doesn't need verification and for obvious reasons I doubt she would make up rumors or speculation,even though she is on FB.

Just using these to clarify - there are currently no Facebook groups about this case allowed in our discussion here. Thank you for your restraint in not pulling items from the referenced group to this conversation.

LEOfficials feel that they cannot release info that only the perp(s) would know. This guy is not going to confess. If arrested, he will not speak but ask for an attorney instead. I sincerely doubt he would say one word to authorities that would place him in Delphi on the day in question. This does not mean that LEO should release details. It's merely a statement that I don't think BG, nor his cohorts, if there are more involved, will talk when arrested.

FOX news is highlighting this case now.

LE has DNA and more audio. Just reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay