IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the older style zip up sweat shirts? The bottom of them were made with a wide elastic rim. They streched out easily. Thats what it looks like the perp is wearing.

I can't tell if it's some sort of bag or if it's a shirt tail. I do think though, if it's a shirt, he has it pulled down that way purposely to hide something.

Probably the puppy, the rope, and the deer field killing kit. And the gun, of course.

I agree with an earlier poster that it could be the side pocket of the unzipped brown hoodie. Bum/fanny bags don't usually have a side pocket but a top entry pocket. He may be pretending to have a gun to ambush the girls or be about to fetch it out of the pocket or be about to take out fake id or a knife. JMO.
I just want to emphasize again that these girls were not kids or pre teens. They were 14 and starting high school this year.

I just want to emphasize again that these girls were not kids or pre teens. They were 14 and starting high school this year.

Abby was 13yo and Libby was 13yo + two months as her birthday was in December. The girls were going to enter the eighth grade. That is middle school not high school. Right? Where I come from 9 -12 grades are high school.

Do people think the video still of BG looks like the sketch? I don't think it does TBH.

Remember Kevin Spacy in "The Usual Suspects"? BG has that sinister presence like the 'very devil' Keyser Soze the movie centers around.In the real world BG is a demonic psychopath. BG's greatest trick is convincing those who think they know him that 'demonic psychopath who murders children' doesn't exist.

I agree his ability to look so different is other worldly and terrifying.

:cow:

BBM

Ah, but how do you know they haven't?

You don't.

I don't.

The BBM is a conclusion drawn from information LE has not given to the public. Doesn't mean it isn't there.
You're absolutely right we don't know. But I would expected an arrest if they had.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do people think the video still of BG looks like the sketch? I don't think it does TBH.

I vote 'yes'. If you take a picture of yourself looking down, it's different than if you looked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bottom of the sweat shirt looks like its streched out. Gives it a crumpled look. It may be why it looks like a fanny pak to some.
LE did say the suspect has on a hat with what looks like flaps on the side.
Check out flap hats on Amazon. They are used to block sun and cold wind.
Interesting I hadn't read where LE confirmed style of hat. I wonder if it changed after the sketch came out. I know they said to not rely on the hat style. I think some of the witnesses must have seen him wearing it or they wouldn't have put it in the sketch.
I must be the odd one here. I believe the sketch resembles him.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember the older style zip up sweat shirts? The bottom of them were made with a wide elastic rim. They streched out easily. Thats what it looks like the perp is wearing.

Yep i thought the same.

So, this pig plant is around the corner from the recycle/transfer station where RL was caught on camera about noon on Feb 13?

If I lived in Delphi, I'd never go back there. All the safety signs, lights and cameras, etc... still not for me. I know the town has high hopes and plans but, imo, it's a notorious and sad place now and I would never feel safe there. What's more... if people think BG can lurk here on WS; what would stop BG or people like him from knowing when a WS member was going to be on that trail?

Catching up on reading; I would like to make my comment above more clear. Delphi, imo, is a beautiful town with many good people from what I've read in MSM. I meant, specifically: the Monon High Bridge Trail being notorious and sad now. When something as horrible as these murders takes place... the place, itself is sometimes remembered forever in association with the horrible event. Earlier, some here on WS had discussed the possibility that BG had a vendetta against the town itself. Purposeful on BG's part or not; he has a tragic legacy in addition to the many broken hearts and this may never go away. I pray every day that LE will add a few more chapters to the legacy... arrested, convicted and gone for good.

From the studies I have read on child/teen abduction cases that also involved rape, and then murder of the victims..... the victims are usually dead within a very short time after being taken. I will try to find the link to the largest study backed by the DOJ that involves 775 solved cases where the abducted/murdered victims and murderers were known.

I even think he could have been a pedophile predator and he was more interested in the youngest victim instead of the older one. JMO Or he may have thought they were both younger than they were.

They tend to do whatever they plan to do very quickly, and then leave the area of the crime scene.

IMO

I am quoting my own post to add the link I promised to find. Sorry for being so late in doing so. I have had company non-stop in the last couple of days.

2006 Child Abduction Murder Study

In late 1993, the Criminal Division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office undertook a 3-1/2 year research project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to study the investigation of child abduction murder cases.

In this first research project, published in 1997, researchers reviewed more than 600 child abduction murder cases across the United States, then interviewed the investigating detectives. This data provided law enforcement valuable insight into what investigative techniques tend to be most productive.

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger. * The stranger abductor/murderer remains at the top at 44% while those who knew the victim/s even casually was 42%.

The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.

The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.

Key findings:

In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.

In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.

Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.

Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.

The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.

In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.

In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.

Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/child-abduction-murder-research

Now the time interval they are applying included kidnapping the victim/s from one location and taking them to another location. BG had a shortened timeline since he kidnapped them at the same general location he murdered them, and left their bodies there.

Often times the murderer will kidnap at one location then go to another location to rape/murder the victim and then go to a different location to discard their remains. BG didn't have to do any of that and could do all of this in a much shorter timeline. IMO

IMO

To me it looks like he is wearing a brownish/rust colored corduroy shirt with a straight hemline which is not tucked in but out over his pants.

JMO

EYE COLOR: Can you really see a guy's eye color 12 feet away? I was at my car this week and made eye contact with a guy on the sidewalk outside the store. Eyes were obviously blue.
So my 'scientific' discovery (drum roll): yes, you can see the eye color of someone you pass OUTSIDE on a trail. Outside light is a much clearer light.

EYE COLOR: Can you really see a guy's eye color 12 feet away? I was at my car this week and made eye contact with a guy on the sidewalk outside the store. Eyes were obviously blue.
So my 'scientific' discovery (drum roll): yes, you can see the eye color of someone you pass OUTSIDE on a trail. Outside light is a much clearer light.

Eye color is probably derived from an ethnic profile they ran on his DNA.

If they were looking down it would be hard

Just to clarify, because this has been discussed:

"Who, in this day and age, lets their young girls go walk in the bush alone?"

and it has been stated that for the area they lived, it was not unusual at all.

also: Delphi has a population of about 3000 people. If he was local, everyone in town could identify who is in that picture.

Members here who live in very small (if not smaller towns) have opined they don't know many of the people in their own neighborhood.

I
find it hard to believe that one would know each of the 3000 people in town.

Also, when you state something is "unlikely", what do you base that opinon on if I may ask? Gut feeling, research? Having been here since thread one, I am curious how you arrive at your conclusions.

Actually, I will add to what you have already said. I live in a Parish of approx 3k. It is a spread out Parish with some condensed everyone knows everybody areas and then there are the I know my next door neighbours but don't live in the everyone knows everybody area and I have been in my Parish all my life. I suppose the message is, however, small the town, village, parish and however small 3k people sound it really isn't impossible for people not to know each other or even recognise them. I recognise my immediate Neighbours, people I went to school with and a few long-standing community leaders. That's about it.

If they were looking down it would be hard

Yes, but he probably looked up when he saw the witness who afaik was a woman. She easily could have been a victim if circumstances were different. He is going to look down more on the bridge, anyways, and when he doesn't want recognized.

Actually, I will add to what you have already said. I live in a Parish of approx 3k. It is a spread out Parish with some condensed everyone knows everybody areas and then there are the I know my next door neighbours but don't live in the everyone knows everybody area and I have been in my Parish all my life. I suppose the message is, however, small the town, village, parish and however small 3k people sound it really isn't impossible for people not to know each other or even recognise them. I recognise my immediate Neighbours, people I went to school with and a few long-standing community leaders. That's about it.

Yes, but (what's that theory?) you're six people away from a connection. Sorry, can't explain it.

Yes except if one is older and their vision is not that great (like me) I could not tell eye color. Also, lots of people wear colored contacts. So, jury is out on that one for me. Bless the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123