IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MY GUESS:
He worked/works in Delphi. That's how he heard of the trail.
He's a hunter or military. That's how he easily crossed the bridge and captured two girls. He also had to go up the bank after crossing the creek, but he STILL was able to capture them.
He didnt originally PLAN on crossing the creek because he was not dressed (appropriate boots) for it.
He drove there and parked under the bridge.
I wanted to take a GUESS, but expect everything to be wrong. :)

BBM

My postings here were not to argue with you but to point out what has been said on these many threads.

We can disagree on points. Especially the one I bolded. I say that because while I do not live in the area, those who do have posted numerous times that they could walk down the street, go inside a store, restaurant, etc and find multiple men who look exactly like the image gleaned from the video or the sketch because he is that common looking for that area. I will take them at their word for that. So to post that "not even 10" seems to contradict what the people in those surrounding areas are saying.

I state all of this as MOO as I believe you do too. I have my signature line option turned off so I don't always see when people have it posted there.

Indiana here and YES - I'm sure I'm one of the people throughout these threads who has previously said BG's look is SO very common here. I could go to any grocery store and notice multiple men throughout the store that have a very similar appearance to BG including his outfit (in the colder weather) and his facial and body appearance as well. He's Mr. Generic, Mr. Every Other Guy. No kidding.

JMO

Could "twist" be wierd carvings of a butcher? Organ removal? Something odd like that? I'm WiTH the brown apron idea. What say you all??? Could bomb scare at PigPlant have been instigated by LE to flush them out to look them over??? IDK but I want BG FOUND! Immediately if not sooner!!

But they also have a picture and an audio. Since LE starts local, anyone local who meets the description would already be checked out for alibi.
The picture isn't very clear, and still might not show a distinctive feature; you definitely can't see if he has any scars, moles, etc., and he appears to be wearing something covering all, or most, of his hair. There also doesn't seem to be anything really unique about the voice and people often sound different in recordings, so sounding like him wouldn't automatically make you appear guilty to others. That's one of the main reasons I've wondered off and on if there was a second person; if one was local and the other wasn't, it would be very easy for the latter to provide an alibi for the former... even more so if the picture was one person and the voice was the other.

I have no idea how plausible any of this is, but as I've said many times, I always try to look at all possibilities. MOO

I am just trying to summarize what we know right now from LE about BG's clothing:

1) blue jeans
2) blue jacket (undefined style/closure/pockets/emblems)
3) sweatshirt
4) hat with ear flaps
5) possible pack

I have been here for the duration of this case and this is what I have heard from press conferences and interviews. Is this correct?

Do people think the video still of BG looks like the sketch? I don't think it does TBH.

No. I do not. The nose does not line up for me. The way the sunlight hits his nose looks like he has a higher bridged nose. Also. That bottom lip looks almost like a frown like he has an underbite.

ETA: if they haven't been able to isolate the killers DNA. Then I don't see how they could have used parabon. Which makes me question the "doesn't think his eyes are blue" comment. It's hard for me to believe a witness noticed his eye color while passing the suspect. I don't think many people would notice what color eyes someone had unless they are very distinct eyes. Especially being a witness who randomly saw him on the trail that day. I'm confused as to how they can be so confident that he doesn't have blue eyes. Also given the witness came forward months later??

I know it is possible that LE does actually have the killers DNA isolated. And they are just leading the media to believe they don't so the killer thinks he got away with it. All my own opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have spoken to people who ride motorcycles and dirt bikes in the Midwest where there are no helmet laws for adults. They all have said they wear a cap, then put the hoodie from their sweatshirt over the cap, then secure it with goggles. They top it off with a wind breaking jacket when it's cold enough.
This appears to be the layers BG is wearing and perhaps the goggles.

If driven slowly a motorcycle can be fairly quiet. IMO

Possible. What makes it so hard to see is the light hitting the waist area from different angles, as the individual is making a turn, and making the object looking dimensional from appearing what looks like a bag of some kind to suggesting it could be a glove or gloves:

attachment.php

If it's a shirttail, it is unclear, if it's the blue, yellow or red part, or all of it:

attachment.php

All IMO

-Nin

What I find odd about all 3 pics is that his right hand appears to be going into/behind the object - fanny pack would allow that but IMOO, not a shirttail. Input?

I have spoken to people who ride motorcycles and dirt bikes in the Midwest where there are no helmet laws for adults. They all have said they wear a cap, then put the hoodie from their sweatshirt over the cap, then secure it with goggles. They top it off with a wind breaking jacket when it's cold enough.
This appears to be the layers BG is wearing and perhaps the goggles.

I driven slowly a motorcycle can be fairly quiet. IMO

Quite a nice look then? A bit like Biggles? For those that remember Biggles that is.
:laughing:

What I find odd about all 3 pics is that his right hand appears to be going into/behind the object - fanny pack would allow that but IMOO, not a shirttail. Input?
Agreed, it may be a tactical pack of some sort.

If pre-teens walking alone on paths was as common as you say, we'd hear of a lot more cases like this. As a predator, a hiking path with no one around is not a place you'd head to in order to find a child alone. I still think it's pretty common in rural areas for children and teens to wander alone in all sorts of places. When I was 10-13, I was riding my bike all over the county (and even out of the county), down highways and through the woods with friends. Sometimes I packed a lunch and would leave after breakfast and not come home until dinner time and then I'd be out until dusk.

Now my daughters (8,9, and almost 11) don't have the luxury of living near town, so they hike through our woods or walk the 1/8-1/4 mile down to the park to play on the playground or play softball, or walk to the "neighbors'" house down the road to play with their kids. As they get older, they'll get more freedom to roam. I'm certainly not the only parent that allows it, judging by all the kids riding bikes by our house and kids at the park without parents. Most younger than Libby and Abby. We're also a heck of a lot farther from LE in the event things go wrong.

I know it gets said all the time, but things like this don't happen here. I feel my kids are safe. Statistically, the likelihood of being a victim of a crime while walking on a rural trail/riding a bike down the road/playing on a playground in the middle of nowhere is tiny. It's a risk I'm comfortable taking as a parent. I feel awful for the community of Delphi and neighboring communities who likely no longer feel comfortable to make the same decisions they did before this happened. And admittedly, we're close enough to Delphi that I kept my kids on a short leash for a while.

So because someone says they don't know their neighbor, that is proof positive he's local?

Google how many grocery stores there are in Delphi. Gas stations? Coffee shops? Restaurants? The places that people use every day... locals are also regulars. They have to make an income. They have to eat. They need products. In a small town of 3000, Crazy Bill the hermit is called Crazy Bill the hermit because everyone knows Crazy Bill is crazy and lives like a hermit in his small house in the woods. Someone would recognize him. Oh yeah, that's the guy who fills up that old truck once a week... Oh yeah, that's the guy who buys bananas and granola bars every week... Oh yeah... that's Crazy Bill the hermit who lives a few houses down. We all know the crazies. They stick out in our minds and we're told stories time and time again. We know on Mondays and Thursdays, the group home lets their residents out to walk around town and occasionally they wander well out of town. We know which ones are harmless and which ones aren't.

But not everyone knows everyone. And due to our remote location, so many people travel outside of the towns and county for work, shopping, and fuel. Lafayette is so close to Delphi, and I would guess a large portion of Delphi and surrounding communities travel there often for conveniences.

We also have to take into consideration how many people no longer have access to the news or even follow the news. How many people have no idea this happened who live within 30-60 minutes of Delphi? Who caught the initial reports and then never heard anything again? Who is aware they've released a sketch? I'm an hour away and wouldn't have known anything about the case if it weren't for WS. I had a few FB friends sharing things, but those posts could have easily been missed. I don't have access to TV news, I don't follow the news online (because it's so gosh darn depressing), and generally hear about things here (when relevant) or through the grapevine.

In cases like this, where people go in endless circles and out on very far limbs to try and solve it, sometimes they lose sight of the obvious. Sometimes, they have to attach some sort of sinister genius to the perp because he somehow got away with it. Sometimes, certain sleuths' opinions are taken as gospel, rather than scrutinized.

No one can state anything for certain, myself included, therefore the use of likely and unlikely is fair and honest... and open for debate. My opinions are based in reality. There is a reality to this. Very rare is the case that there is some sinister, devious master plan behind it all. Anything is possible, but possible doesn't always equal plausible.

Something as simple as wearing long pants and shoes hints more that he didn't plan to cross a creek... rather than he had a master plan, was a local who knew the area like the back of his hand, and managed to time meeting them right where he wanted them as they walked, luckily, with no one else around.

That's just the reality. Sometimes being there from thread 1 clouds judgement and creates bias.

Re: him having a Midwest look, which is possible, not saying otherwise, I've seen people from/in states not just in the Midwest who resemble him, or at least his attire, moo.

County fair chic :) Anyone with access to a farm store can have this same look for the low, low price of $49.99. Seriously, those jeans scream $10 jeans from every one of those stores and they also have brown hoodies galore.

I agree with an earlier poster that it could be the side pocket of the unzipped brown hoodie. Bum/fanny bags don't usually have a side pocket but a top entry pocket. He may be pretending to have a gun to ambush the girls or be about to fetch it out of the pocket or be about to take out fake id or a knife. JMO.
I just want to emphasize again that these girls were not kids or pre teens. They were 14 and starting high school this year.

Wierd thought but hey... Could BG have left PigPlant w/ soiled apron & knife , went after girls, returned w/ expectedly-bloody apron back to blend in at work? (tho' wet pantlegs, flooded boots : / IDK ) OR had finished his shift so roommate saw any blood as "usual" due to Pig job? Yes! BROWN Apron! Thanks Kentucky!

Wet pantlegs would be really common in most processing plants. They usually use hoses to spray down carcasses to wash off the blood, hair, etc. They do it quickly and in large numbers so there's usually quite a bit of water. The ones I've been to use this method and the rooms have floor drains. But I've only been to 3 processing plants locally, so it might not be the same everywhere.

Do people think the video still of BG looks like the sketch? I don't think it does TBH.

I don't think it does at all either. I've tried squinting, I've tried to blame lights and shadows, and I've blamed awful cell phone footage and pixelation in important places, but I still can't imagine the two being the same person.

Wierd thought but hey... Could BG have left PigPlant w/ soiled apron & knife , went after girls, returned w/ expectedly-bloody apron back to blend in at work? (tho' wet pantlegs, flooded boots : / IDK ) OR had finished his shift so roommate saw any blood as "usual" due to Pig job? Yes! BROWN Apron! Thanks Kentucky!
I wonder if anyone quit and left town?

County fair chic :) Anyone with access to a farm store can have this same look for the low, low price of $49.99. Seriously, those jeans scream $10 jeans from every one of those stores and they also have brown hoodies galore.

Thank you for mentioning that. In the (somewhat) fashion-type clothing store I work at we don't have much in the way of brown colored tops. Its a hard color to wear for many people because it's a 'warm' color. For guys, Ohio State tops, uh, yeah.
I wondered, however, if FARM stores carried that color...so that answers that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The bottom of the sweat shirt looks like its streched out. Gives it a crumpled look. It may be why it looks like a fanny pak to some.
LE did say the suspect has on a hat with what looks like flaps on the side.
Check out flap hats on Amazon. They are used to block sun and cold wind.

I didn't think the first 2 BG pics looked alike; so add me to those who think the 3rd one doesn't look like either of the other two. IMO, he's much better looking in the sketch than he is in real life.

And, for the record, I do realize the first 2 BG pics are the same person and not 2 different men in identical clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member