IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why people from areas riddled with these meth freaks etc, would want this to be a meth crime...then you could kind of understand it in your head, rather than know in your heart that someone did this for the sheer joy of it...which no normal person can wrap their brain around.

it is very hard to grasp the utter lack of humanity, a soul devoid of conscience, a person who is lustful for death and pain.

yes very difficult and I can understand wanting to typecast this killer as a druggie.

but lets be careful because this killer is more likely to be a girls softball coach.

moo

Your last sentence gave me chills...because you are right.

I've read every post in every thread on this topic and don't recall this point being brought up at all. Early in the case a friend of Abby and Libby said mutual friends were on the trail that day but didn't see Abby or Libby. They did however see a man supposedly dressed in black and according to the friend he "seemed out of place" and didn't reply when the mutual friends said "hi". Do we know what time those mutual friends were there and how many were in that group?
My point being... why Abby and Libby? It seems there were at least two other teenage girls there that day.

Because of the way BG is dressed, I always wondered if he had on two sets of clothing and wondered if the one under the blue jacket/jeans was a black set.

Imo taking on 2 girls at once wasn't a whim. It was either a planned meet up as a catfish or he was specifically targeting and hunting. It's quite an unpredictable situation with 2 teens.

Two can be easier to control than one when because both are trying to protect someone else's life, someone they love dearly. In the description of Israel Keyes' attack on the middle aged couple, he had them subdued until he separated them and then they both fought like the dickens. You aren't going to break and run leaving them, you aren't going to move a muscle with a weapon to their throat or temple.

Because of the way BG is dressed, I always wondered if he had on two sets of clothing and wondered if the one under the blue jacket/jeans was a black set.

JMO...

I've thought this myself. He could also have had on weatherproof gear under the clothes we see in the video stills to make it easier for him to cross the creek and a change in a backpack/duffle bag he had stashed but was seen with on the trails. I don't recall the "man in black" statement being verified by LE. Does anyone know if it has or has a link to LE verifying? TIA.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]How is the reward system handled in Indiana? Public donations, state gov't contributions ?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]$250k is a substantial amount, but would a $1 million reward be an offer somebody simply couldn't refuse. They say every man has his price. There are so many worthy cases I guess it's just not possible. Unless there is a benevolent billionaire benefactor who happens to follow Websleuths.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]If nobody comes forward after a million dollar reward you have to wonder if BG is totally off the radar. Either that or somebody is being controlled by fear.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]How is the reward system handled in Indiana? Public donations, state gov't contributions ?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]$250k is a substantial amount, but would a $1 million reward be an offer somebody simply couldn't refuse. They say every man has his price. There are so many worthy cases I guess it's just not possible. Unless there is a benevolent billionaire benefactor who happens to follow Websleuths.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]If nobody comes forward after a million dollar reward you have to wonder if BG is totally off the radar. Either that or somebody is being controlled by fear.[/FONT][/FONT]

If someone knows who he is. They are controlled by fear. 250k is a lot of money. We know what BG is capable of. Really scary position to be in. Especially if they don't know where BG is at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1 million dollar rewards bring publicity to a case but they aren't always effective. There was a $1 million Australian dollar reward offered for little boy William Tyrrell (who was kidnapped in 2014) almost a year ago and nothing appears to have happened since.

Can anyone who is putting forward the meth lab theory point to an arrest in the vicinity of the trail? Anything that actually links meth to those trails? Anything at all.

I know where this theory got its start, but where is there any tangible evidence that there is a problem with labs near to that trail?

This is really one of the weirder theories put forward. The abduction-by-car theory has more legs.

Weirder than aliens and grilled cheese sandwiches?

I think any and all theories are worth exploring and the fact that there was a vacant property nearby (snowbirds) has really peeked my interest. Seems like a good spot to sit, wait, watch from afar, and even plan and commit criminal activities.

IMO BG could be dressed like a squatter, not unlike many homeless men I see in my area. That could explain the heavy coat worn on a rather warm day in feb.

How large and secluded is the snowbirds' property? I wonder if someone could get by living in the yard, in the house, or somewhere on the property. It seems doable if the owners were hardly ever around and if one could get a sense of their comings and goings.

What is the proximity and orientation of the snowbirds' property compared to where the bodies were found?

It is opposite the creek to the CS and also extends either side of the bridge .

LE said everyone except BG had come forward which was the reason BG became the suspect IIRC. Also LE have not asked for a man in black to come forward so he must have been identified along with the couple and the 70 ish year old man and any other teens. IMO of course.

when a guy gets you in a car it's like trying to fight in a cage. NEVER HITCH..never get into an unmarked car. so sad.
Do you think a vehicle was involved? What do you mean by an "unmarked" car and "never hitch"? Do you think the girls hitched a lift on the road at the south end of the bridge? This has never been mentioned (except by RL maybe) AFAIK.

Hopefully our Criminal Justice System is already profiling this guy, based on previous villains/monsters, like him. I can hope anyway...

Yeah...and he kept trophies from his victims too. He was stabbed to death in prison and good riddance but...for cases like the Delphi murders, don't you wish we could go back and find out what made a murderer like him make the choices he did? He could have chosen a single hitchhiker but probably 3 or more times he chose a pair of girls. Maybe it's unique to his own twisted fantasies or maybe there's something there that can be applied to cases like this one and the double abduction/murder in Iowa.

when a guy gets you in a car it's like trying to fight in a cage. NEVER HITCH..never get into an unmarked car. so sad.

Hi minazoe. Can you explain your line of thought on this? Oh, wait, you were replying about that cop in FL from the previous page! Sorry, you caught me meandering. That's a great point for everyone. Hitchhiking is more dangerous than ever before. For both sides. I never pick up strangers. Why take the chance?

I've followed the case since day one. .

The killer had, obviously, a familiarity with the trail prior to the abduction (late summer/fall?), plus IMO he may have considered other trails. He knew where to hide a vehicle, knew trail access points, knew where to corner victims, knew where to conceal bodies, had weapons, dressed in an extra layer, knew there was no school, and, presumably, had an escape route. It was late winter in Delphi, usually snow on the ground but not then. Probably not a lot of people on the trail... an opportunity... IMO he planned this well and planned it in advance.

He could be hiding in plain sight. Someone's brother, father, uncle, husband... not from the area... A reward would not bring results if people haven't put two and two together. Remember the Green River Killer and BTK living in mainstream society? The public needs one more clue - a weapons description.

The one thing that makes me think the killer lured the girls is the photo. Why would LG take a photo of a stranger? Just doesn't seem logical...

As to the sketch, I am skeptical because it was made weeks after the fact. Witnesses aren't always accurate, and who's to say this person's sketch was connected to the killer? Not a local with that hat, which would totally stand out in the Midwest where baseball type caps are the norm.

In order for people to recognize him they need to release the video of him. People need to see him walking and talking. Knowing a weapon won't do anything imo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do you think a vehicle was involved? What do you mean by an "unmarked" car and "never hitch"? Do you think the girls hitched a lift on the road at the south end of the bridge? This has never been mentioned (except by RL maybe) AFAIK.

Please ignore my questions - thanks to Jim, I now see you were not referring to this case.

I've followed the case since day one. .

The killer had, obviously, a familiarity with the trail prior to the abduction (late summer/fall?), plus IMO he may have considered other trails. He knew where to hide a vehicle, knew trail access points, knew where to corner victims, knew where to conceal bodies, had weapons, dressed in an extra layer, knew there was no school, and, presumably, had an escape route. It was late winter in Delphi, usually snow on the ground but not then. Probably not a lot of people on the trail... an opportunity... IMO he planned this well and planned it in advance.

He could be hiding in plain sight. Someone's brother, father, uncle, husband... not from the area... A reward would not bring results if people haven't put two and two together. Remember the Green River Killer and BTK living in mainstream society? The public needs one more clue - a weapons description.

The one thing that makes me think the killer lured the girls is the photo. Why would LG take a photo of a stranger? Just doesn't seem logical...

As to the sketch, I am skeptical because it was made weeks after the fact. Witnesses aren't always accurate, and who's to say this person's sketch was connected to the killer? Not a local with that hat, which would totally stand out in the Midwest where baseball type caps are the norm.

Can you write more about your idea that she took a photo of him because he was not a stranger to her (as you said, because they had been lured by him)? I want to be able to see where you are coming from because I had been thinking the opposite. My original thought was that he maybe passed by them at least once already and did something out of the ordinary that rose to the level of creepy but not "call 911" creepy. In fact, my theory was that he said something lewd in order to see how they would react. It might have made them uncomfortable but not triggered a full feeling that they needed to flee for their lives. Then they either take his picture when they get the chance because they first brushed off what he said but now that he's coming back they want to show people the old creep on the trail or because they realize they are trapped and he's coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper