IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I do not understand about the possibility of a vehicle is why no details of it and why no info from traffic cams, dash cams, cctv etc?

I wish i could answer that shire .. and no hitchers reported, no walkers sighted... but surely he wouldnt hang around Delphi??? I honestly dont know but i do think he got out of there asap

I wondered about this way back when. Seems like a fairly rural area, worth a shot. But I don't know anything about the tower situation there or how much population they cover. Still...with ever-improving technology, I would not be shocked if pinpointing every phone number within a a half mile radius at 3pm, i.e might be possible.
Capabilities and whats allowed is two different things. The phone company is not going to give LE every # dialed in the area. This is why LE uses Sting Rays. Its like their own portable cell tower. They have all the cell phone #'s at their fingertips.

I'm quoting from the same links Steleheart provided:

"Riley said the witness who saw the suspect was close enough to him to say that he did not have blue eyes, but was uncertain of his eye color."

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/state-and-regional/indiana/update-witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-indiana-teens/article_968b0a4c-bab9-5fdb-9112-d0d0cebf0488.html

Witness ...... singular. Only one provided their months-old recollection of eye color. If you have a separate link stating multiple eyewitnesses claiming "no blue eyes", please provide it.

I believe that you are correct in that there was only one witness. The fact that it took so long to come forward only reinforces my theory as to whom that witness is LOL. Perhaps he was reluctant because he was not supposed to be driving on a suspended license. Heh.

Capabilities and whats allowed is two different things. The phone company is not going to give LE every # dialed in the area. This is why LE uses Sting Rays. Its like their own portable cell tower. They have all the cell phone #'s at their fingertips.
Could you explain more what a Sting Ray is ? I've never heard of them. Tower dumps for LE would be standard practice in a homicide investigation IMO but that's without me knowing about these Sting Ray things.
Ok I've educated myself with a quick google so no worries. Would there be a Sting Ray system in operation in Deer Creek area on the 13th Feb? I doubt that. Indianapolis or Lafayette or anywhere with high crime maybe. AJMO.

I believe that you are correct in that there was only one witness. The fact that it took so long to come forward only reinforces my theory as to whom that witness is LOL. Perhaps he was reluctant because he was not supposed to be driving on a suspended license. Heh.
So are we missing the obvious? Is it really possible RL unwittingly gave BG a lift when he went to Lafayette to buy fish? That would mean his "alibi" is actually BG perhaps?
But wait! Wasn't the witness a she? That slipped out in the interview. So not RL after all?

Indeed. LE needs to first submit an affidavit to a judge for a warrant to get a tower dump. From that they only get C numbers that communicate with the towers from each provider. They need separate affidavits and separate warrants for each cell provider. ( the providers have a legal right to not cooperate) .
From the tower dumps they then have software that searches each tower for matches in a particular area at a given time. If they have "probable cause" due to a certain ID in a particular area at a given time they then have to submit a separate affidavit for a warrant to obtain user ID for that number.

Wicked tedious,. LOL

Thus the use of the Stingray.

https://www.aclu.org/issues/privacy...ogies/stingray-tracking-devices-whos-got-them

Have LE mentioned if they are/have requested a "Tower Dump" .... to track n trace any/all cell phones within the area of Monon Bridge on the date/time.

?? Would it be feasible ... due to the Hoosier-Heartland Hwy .... Maybe too much traffic ?? ........ needle in a haystack situation.

I hope they have given it a shot though .....

I posted a ways back about the towers according to the map in the media thread, but at this point I am unsure exactly how many of those are cell towers and how many are simply radio towers.
IMO it would not really make a difference in a town of 3000 people how many towers there are. The traffic on a tower would likely surprise you, LOL. I feel certain that is one of the first things LE gets done.

JMO

So are we missing the obvious? Is it really possible RL unwittingly gave BG a lift when he went to Lafayette to buy fish? That would mean his "alibi" is actually BG perhaps?
But wait! Wasn't the witness a she? That slipped out in the interview. So not RL after all?
I thought I saw a "she" mentioned, but then I also saw "witnesses" so who knows. I did not mention RL, LOL
But anyway, there is a reason LE made a dog and pony show of the search in his property and the notion "that things were not adding up".
I said in the beginning that someone saw BG but was afraid to come forward.

ETA: No it is my theory that it was the transfer station trip when he plausibly gave BG a ride. When he should not have been driving.

Could you explain more what a Sting Ray is ? I've never heard of them. Tower dumps for LE would be standard practice in a homicide investigation IMO but that's without me knowing about these Sting Ray things.
Ok I've educated myself with a quick google so no worries. Would there be a Sting Ray system in operation in Deer Creek area on the 13th Feb? I doubt that. Indianapolis or Lafayette or anywhere with high crime maybe. AJMO.

Once they brought the FBI in they had every tool they could wish for, IMO

The only Sting Rays I know of are the bicycles back in the 60s....

So nothing new....

TIA!

Are there any posters here who are local to Delphi or the vicinity? I have two questions...maybe it doesn't exactly require local knowledge. Here goes:

1. I'm thinking about that snippet of audio, "Down the hill." I grew up in a state that had a defined gradient of accents north to south. Is Indiana like that? Is the accent of someone from Delphi, Lafayette, Logansport area significantly different from, say a Fort Wayne accent?

2. Does the Norfolk Southern railroad run through Delphi? If yes, how close are currently active Norfolk Southern tracks to the Monon High Bridge area?

IMO the accent doesn't vary much between those areas. What I hear in the snippet of audio is more Southern IN. It reminds me of the Columbus, Edinburgh part of the state.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What bridge is that? Do you know?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Abby fishing bridge location.png
    Abby fishing bridge location.png
    849 KB · Views: 407
  • Abby fishing bridge.jpg
    Abby fishing bridge.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 392

I think LE can request "tower dumps" as required for an investigation by law .....

can't recall exactly... but think they are required by law ahhhh memory. .... to retain all data for at least 5 years...

When my ipad charges. ... Ill see if I can get a link. ...

Too hard for my eyes on the phone...

ETA: couldn't find the law of how long they retain info....but link will show LE regularly request Tower Dump info...no problem whatsoever.

http://https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.wired.com/2013/12/massive-domestic-monitorning/amp/

The only Sting Rays I know of are the bicycles back in the 60s....

So nothing new....

TIA!
Nice, I miss banana seats.
Stingray was developed by the Harris corporation here in FL it's the granddaddy of cellular data collection if I recall correctly. Harris is the stealth company nobody realizes and works along side the government. It's also a major contributor of FL Tech founded by NASA. Another hidden gem of a University.

The only thing I do not understand about the possibility of a vehicle is why no details of it and why no info from traffic cams, dash cams, cctv etc?

The other day I saw that you considered the possibility that a car was waiting under the bridge. ...

Its a road used for a private residence....but also from what I have read has also been used by people undertaking workings on the bridge...

Lets say our perp did park his car here.... gets out for a walk...goes over the bridge...along the trail...comes back and encounters our girls...

This could have happened without anyone even having been aware that a car had been parked along that road..

If no one was aware .. no witness to the car ....the car may have simply headed out onto a back road out of Delphi...clean getaway.

I'm pretty sure there was a slipup by LE .... in that the witness was a "she" ....

Saw it in the media thread earlier today.... think it was in the transcribes for the media release....possibly in the last two pages.

The following interview would indicate that Ron, by his own words, did not have contact with BG

While mentioning that the BG picture isn't clear he adds at the 1:32 mark :

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"It doesn't look like anyone I've ever seen..."

https://youtu.be/TT7NoIJr5zE
[/FONT][/FONT]

The other day I saw that you considered the possibility that a car was waiting under the bridge. ...

Its a road used for a private residence....but also from what I have read has also been used by people undertaking workings on the bridge...

Lets say our perp did park his car here.... gets out for a walk...goes over the bridge...along the trail...comes back and encounters our girls...

This could have happened without anyone even having been aware that a car had been parked along that road..

If no one was aware .. no witness to the car ....the car may have simply headed out onto a back road out of Delphi...clean getaway.
You may be right but that goes by large businesses that would surely have cctv. If there is a way out without triggering a camera LE would know presumably (and so would RL one would think yet he was caught at the transfer station).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284