IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are saying that LE must have his DNA because of his sex offender convictions, but do we know that for a fact? His SO convictions were in South Carolina and for the offense of exposing himself and masturbating in front of a woman. For an offense that didn't involve physical contact with the victim, would LE in fact collect DNA? Does anyone have concrete info on that, and when such collection became procedure? His convictions are from several years ago and from another state.

It's possible that the Delphi girls were not sexually assaulted and thus did not have that particular DNA on them to be collected.

Of course, my fingers are crossed that his DNA was found at the scene!

jmo

When Joe Duncan went on his killing spree he was an absconded LEVEL3 sex offender in another state. Idaho police nor the Feds had any idea who he was or that he had absconded from another state,it may have been Washington state iirc before going in to murder three in the Greone family along with kidnapping, raping, torturing Shasta and Dylan and he wound up killing Dylan.

It seems if there is a DNA profile on this guy it would most likely be in SC.

I do still believe this was a sexually motivated crime though. :(

WTHR (Delphi) has a mugshot of clean-shaven DN from his arrest shortly after the murders. It’s the only pic/mugshot of DN I’ve seen clean-shaven.
-
“An arrest record obtained by Eyewitness News shows he was in Indiana 10 days after the murders. Two days after police released a detailed sketch of the murder subject, Nations skipped a scheduled court appearance.”
-
https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

He is heavier in the face in that mug shot - really looks like the sketch even without facial hair.

jmopinion

IF this ends up being the perp, I don't think there's any way his wife didn't know it was him. Unless she literally lives under a rock.

Since we have have no idea of what his wife and children may have been going through, I think it's unfair to speculate about them. JMO.

I seem to recall LE saying they looked at sex offenders right away (which is partly why I think this was a sex crime.) So,what did they do? Did they swab them? Did they just do alibis? No way they could have all had solid verifiable alibis, imo, as many peope don't have any way to prove where they were if they were alone, i.e So I am wondering how they ruled out all of those SO's?

WTHR (Delphi) has a mugshot of clean-shaven DN from his arrest shortly after the murders. It’s the only pic/mugshot of DN I’ve seen clean-shaven.
-
“An arrest record obtained by Eyewitness News shows he was in Indiana 10 days after the murders. Two days after police released a detailed sketch of the murder subject, Nations skipped a scheduled court appearance.”
-
https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

Why did LE pick him up in Feb, 10 days after the murder? What charges?

-
-

Significantly heavier here than more recent photos. Also that mark on the forehead ?

He is heavier in the face in that mug shot - really looks like the sketch even without facial hair.

jmopinion

Wasn’t there a press conference after the murders asking people to look for someone who had altered their appearance? I swear I remember the officer even going as far as saying to look for something who might have had facial hair and then didn’t. I guess that’s why I’m curious here. Did he have facial hair 10 days before the murders? (I’m asking no one in particular...)

I thought the same. I thought when they got pulled over she said it was her gun. I could be wrong about that tho. But even if she said it was hers and it was really his, that was probably very easy for LE to find out

The gun found in the car is a 22 caliber semi-automatic rifle...does this sound like the type of gun a woman would purchase and carry for her own safety? I doubt it. IMO.

Yes, they went to hotel May 1st, talked to manager, went back May 12th and he was gone per manager.

Seems they would have asked manager to let them know when you see him.

Ball dropped.

Do we have an address on this? Tia.

Or.

From link.

Suella Ferrand says she hired Daniel Nations to work on her family’s livestock farm in the spring of 2015. The two were introduced by a mutual acquaintance.

<modsnip>

Interesting...

On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointments or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period. They may have been a “no-show” or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness such as, illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.

Since that time, the individual or individuals may have exhibited some of the following:

A change in the daily routine(s), such as their sleep patterns or use of alcohol or drugs

A change in their physical appearance (e.g., growth or removal of facial hair, change in length or color of hair

Cleaned or disposed of clothing and/or shoes worn on Monday afternoon

A change in normal routine which might include missing work or other engagements
Anxiety, nervousness, or irritability

Paid attention to the investigation, media coverage, or had discussions pertaining to the deaths

Change in physical appearance, check.

Change in relationship status days before Delphi, check.

MOO, but I bet he talked someone’s ear off about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gun found in the car is a 22 caliber semi-automatic rifle...does this sound like the type of gun a woman would purchase and carry for her own safety? I doubt it. IMO.

Interesting point...

Do we know the exact the kind of rifle? Probably not yet...

Significantly heavier here than more recent photos. Also that mark on the forehead ?

And yet another pic where he looks like a completely different person. He truly is a human chameleon. In this pic it looks like he even might have died his hair darker.

Wasn’t there a press conference after the murders asking people to look for someone who had altered their appearance? I swear I remember the officer even going as far as saying to look for something who might have had facial hair and then didn’t. I guess that’s why I’m curious here. Did he have facial hair 10 days before the murders? (I’m asking no one in particular...)
I know his Facebook is down but I looked last night and it seems there was a time between December 16 and April or May 17 that there were no pictures.

Hey all first time poster long time lurker and big non-believer in coincidences.

I think it is no coincidence that DN’s middle name is James. IMO I think that police somehow had a tip or figured from the video that the perps name was James but did not know his full identity. I find it a stretch that 3 of the 4 other previous people who have been known to be checked out all have the name James in their name.

I also think it is no coincident that 2 days after BG’s sketch gets released DN seems to have fled and could not be traced.

Change in physical appearance, check.

Change in relationship status days before Delphi, check.

MOO, but I bet he talked someone’s ear off about this case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! My memory isn’t the best anymore but I remember being riveted to the press conferences. And I remember thinking, “They will have him in no time - everyone will be looking for someone who shaved off their facial hair or drastically changed their appearance.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro