IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has always baffled me too. I always thought there was a reason to it being blurred. Many said they thought it was pixelation. But I've always thought it was LE trying to hide the shadow of something. Either BG was exposing himself, or it showed the shadow of the murder weapon. If BG did use an axe, the shadow would be very distinct in my opinion. It would give away the murder weapon and cause of death. I definitely believe it was to cover it now. All my own opinion.

This could be it!! We might be getting close guys!! How many hours have we spent analyzing pics, audio, looking at maps?? All the hard work done in the scanner thread? Hours upon hours of listening to scanner traffic trying to figure out what might be relevant. What might not? GOD I HOPE AND PRAY THIS IS OUR GUY. These precious angels need justice. I know nothing has been confirmed yet. But he could be the one! Thank each and everyone of you who have put so much of your time and effort for these sweet girls.

Today is the day

:praying:

This is a good idea re: the artifact/pixelation.

Could also explain why Libby started video taping. Was there something about him, other than being a lone guy on the bridge, that made her think she had better record him? Maybe he was exposed and/or had a weapon as he approached them??

speculation, jmo

Based on his history, I'm willing to bet he exposed himself to them at some point and that's what prompted her to start taping...

Thanks for the Marine info, WSers....something seems off about that though....

jmo

I just watched a report Alexis did 5 minutes ago on Facebook... she said that Indiana police have told her that LE is working to or has obtained Daniel Nation's DNA for comparison to the Delphi case... so now I am really stunned. I thought that Indiana had DNA on file for felons ( domestic assault conviction) Did they really not collect it? did they lose it? Here we have a known sex offender within easy driving distance of Delphi who goes missing 3 months after the murders and they haven't compared his DNA yet? I thought that LE and FBI had checked the DNA of all RSO's in Indiana... how could they not have done this?

His sex offender conviction was 10 years ago wasn't it? I wonder if someone who exposes themselves didn't have to provide DNA back then?

And if his DNA is on file with the department of defense I am not sure they would give that sample of prior and current military to the police. I seemed to remember in the Cesar Lauren case the local police had to have a search warrant to obtain his DNA and he was active military at the time. Maybe there is some code that their DNA samples must remain confidential no matter what?

So back then he could have been deemed a low level sex offender where it wasn't required for DNA to be taken?

Although getting a fresh sample of his DNA now is a really much better I believe. I have seen many cases where the defendant had a long criminal history but the police still made them give a DNA sample under a judges's order. This way he cant claim they mixed his DNA up with someone else.

If they are wanting his DNA profile they are seriously believing he is the one who committed the murders in IN.

Re the gun...the gun found in DN's car (which his wife claims is hers) was a rifle (some news sources also state it was a 22-caliber weapon, which also fits with rifle).

JMO, but I don't believe the pixelated photo shows him carrying a rifle under his jacket. But that caliber does (according to some sources) match the caliber weapon that killed the bicyclist TW.

-
Lots of pondering about whether he would have DNA on file for past offences.
Even if it had been taken, it's possible it's in all the backup, and has not been processed and entered into the system yet - as has been mentioned a couple of times before.
And if that is the case, and he turns out to be BG, with his DNA sitting somewhere waiting to be processed this whole time--
--what LE angency would be willing to admit that?

Quick question I know in light of our recent POI that we are trying to line up information given up until now with our current guy
I was just thinking - if LE wants us to believe that the Delphi crime didn't include a sexual component then why did they go checking alibis and such from RSO's?
Is this just standard procedure? Then why only the immediate county? Wouldn't a RSO know he's going to be looked at for every SA in the county? Wouldn't it be wise to just travel a bit?

what I find disturbing is why wasn't this guy on the radar within days of the crime?
failed to register SO, lived near delphi..not sure if at the time of the crime though but it is a red flag.
I wonder if his name was tipped in to the hotline?.
If it was that info will never be released.

I'm with you - and somehow not surprised. It seems that people slip through the cracks all too often. But this guy really did check off every box in terms of who might be BG. Just grateful he was stupid enough to get caught or we may never have found him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what I find disturbing is why wasn't this guy on the radar within days of the crime?
failed to register SO, lived near delphi..not sure if at the time of the crime though but it is a red flag.
I wonder if his name was tipped in to the hotline?.
If it was that info will never be released.

At the time of the crime, he WAS registered as a SO in Indiana. (And then he updated his Indiana address to the motel in Greenwood on April 12.) Which is why I'm wondering along with others why a SO DNA match didn't come up (since Holeman seemed to indicate they had and were evaluating DNA from the crime--see earlier article about this upthread).

His name wasn't tipped, IMO, because if it had been, the Sgt Pfifer investigating this guy for not keeping up with his SO residence registration would've been all over that.

Quick question I know in light of our recent POI that we are trying to line up information given up until now with our current guy
I was just thinking - if LE wants us to believe that the Delphi crime didn't include a sexual component then why did they go checking alibis and such from RSO's?
Is this just standard procedure? Then why only the immediate county? Wouldn't a RSO know he's going to be looked at for every SA in the county? Wouldn't it be wise to just travel a bit?

There might be a sexual component without sexual assault....victim stripped of clothing but not raped, for example. I'm not saying that is what happened here because we don't know - just providing an example.

Since his past SO convictions were not violent, perhaps he was lower on the priority list to check??? IDK.

jmopinion

We have family that are avid Mountain climbers. I know they were in Colorado at the Pike National Forest Mount Herman Trailhead because I've seen their pictures on FaceBook. I sent a messenger message to them with the link to find out if they saw this guy or ran across this guy when they were out there. Sadly, without looking thru about 1,000 pictures, I can't find the one they posted there, so I'll defer to their answer when they reply.

Whatcha thinking? How so?

Lack of info of his service - what his rank was, discharge date, what his job was, etc. Nothing. Seems like that wouldn't be top-secret info to get.

Still early in the reporting cycle, I guess.

jmo

Where did they have billboards up with BGs face? I forget.

WTHR (Delphi) has a mugshot of clean-shaven DN from his arrest shortly after the murders. It’s the only pic/mugshot of DN I’ve seen clean-shaven.
-
“An arrest record obtained by Eyewitness News shows he was in Indiana 10 days after the murders. Two days after police released a detailed sketch of the murder subject, Nations skipped a scheduled court appearance.”
-
https://www.wthr.com/article/carrol...k-between-colorado-suspect-and-delphi-murders

It has always baffled me too. I always thought there was a reason to it being blurred. Many said they thought it was pixelation. But I've always thought it was LE trying to hide the shadow of something. Either BG was exposing himself, or it showed the shadow of the murder weapon. If BG did use an axe, the shadow would be very distinct in my opinion. It would give away the murder weapon and cause of death. I definitely believe it was to cover it now. All my own opinion.

This could be it!! We might be getting close guys!! How many hours have we spent analyzing pics, audio, looking at maps?? All the hard work done in the scanner thread? Hours upon hours of listening to scanner traffic trying to figure out what might be relevant. What might not? GOD I HOPE AND PRAY THIS IS OUR GUY. These precious angels need justice. I know nothing has been confirmed yet. But he could be the one! Thank each and everyone of you who have put so much of your time and effort for these sweet girls.

Today is the day
I'm going with exposing. It even looks like a hand holding something around where the zipper would be located in his jeans.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Where did they have billboards up with BGs face? I forget.

Every state that allows them, 46 total. IIRC

ETA: Currently, four states—Vermont, Alaska, Hawaii, and Maine—have prohibited billboards.

So, if you were BG, would you keep Indiana plates on your car, expired at that? Even if he's not BG, he was obviously noncompliant, so why the IN plates? I would think he'd be doing regular license plate switcheroos, but then again he was in the mountains ...seems the last thing he'd want is to be tied to Indiana...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9