IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soup kitchens, homeless shelters, dumpsters for food, homeless/women's shelters, WIC centers for basic necessities (formula/diapers), churches for cash, motel rooms, clothing,gas money, bus tickets etc. Also panhandling, day work, shoplifting etc for cash.
Food bank in my area carry diapers. But my god camp and living out of a car. Poor babies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There were reports of someone in a red car that was threatening bikers with a hatchet on a trail. The police then spotted this same red car and waited for DN and his wife to get back in the car where they proceeded to pull them over for a busted tail light. It was then that they noticed that the car had expired INDIANA license plates on it. That, coupled with the fact that he was threatening people on a hiking/biking trail in the woods with a hatchet caused their alarms to go off. They also found a hatchet and rifle in the car. I hope I have all that information correct. If not, anyone can add or clarify if they wish.

You might be right that it was merely the Indiana license plate and the trail crime site that were the red flags. My rant on the hatchet connection still stands, though, IF that was a part of it.

In South Carolina, people convicted of any felony or sex crime misdemeanor must submit a DNA sample. The state also collects DNA for those convicted of eavesdropping, peeping, and stalking.
http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/documents/cj/dna/southcarolina.pdf

He was charged with indecent exposure in South Carolina and North Carolina. He's on South Carolina’s sex offender database. So why didn't DNA from the Delphi murders match to him?

Uh...maybe he didn't kill them.

Does anybody have a link to the interview with the grandmother?

It's possible he didn't rape or was unable to rape the girls and didn't leave any DNA on them. LE may not have been able to find other sources for DNA in that outdoor crime scene among the leaves or if their clothes were found in water. Perhaps there was only "partial DNA" found at the Delphi crime scene.

It's possible he didn't rape or was unable to rape the girls and didn't leave any DNA on them. LE may not have been able to find other sources for DNA in that outdoor crime scene among the leaves or if their clothes were found in water.

And it's also possible that he's completely innocent.

Anyone else curious if the witnesses who helped with the sketch have been in contact with LE? If so did they contact LE after seeing his pic? I'd love to know their thoughts on this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It only takes one human error to mess up a match. Like the Ridgeway case I think it was? Or SC may have the DNA stored, but not a good way to search a database of it.

“"It is still in the preliminary stage, but we are putting a lot of resources into checking out this possible connection,” Leazenby told the Herald-Journal. “There have been some similarities brought to our attention, but I cannot speak of the details. The local FBI office in Lafayette has been in contact with FBI field agents in Colorado and they are looking into the case as we speak.

“I was in Colorado last week for sheriff training and I was given the opportunity to present info about the case. I don’t know if that helped in this coincidence, but it makes you think. When I heard the news, I was like ‘wow, I was just in Colorado.’ You just never know where the next lead will come from or take you,” Leazenby told the newspaper."

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

BBM

Bumping this us for those who are wondering how the Colorado/Indiana connection was made.

From his court appearance it is quite obvious he does not want his face seen nor his voice heard.

I have a feeling this is our guy.

JMO

My thinking on why even if they had his DNA there hasnt been a hit yet. I could be wrong but I was pretty sure that DNA matches are not like a google search. CODIS is for when they have a suspect is it not? I mean otherwise it would be taking millions of DNA samples and comparing it to millions of crimes and DNA is not a simple thing. As much as I wish it were a drop it in to a computer and know in hours or days.

I am sure there have been other cases were DNA has been there for the suspect and on the victim and it took years and years for the two to be matched. If I am wrong I would love to have this explained, please and thank you.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Today is the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Let's all take a moment and think about how anxious Abby's and Libby's loved ones must be. I'm so eager to hear more. I can only imagine the pins and needles they are on. I hope they get the answers they need. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's him, but that's jmo. His crimes have been escalating over the years. There's just too many coincidences...so happy that ppl can leave rl alone now. I also think they were living out of the car...not convinced "someone" didn't know he had done these crimes. Maybe too scared to come forward? Brainwashed? Something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking on why even if they had his DNA there hasnt been a hit yet. I could be wrong but I was pretty sure that DNA matches are not like a google search. CODIS is for when they have a suspect is it not? I mean otherwise it would be taking millions of DNA samples and comparing it to millions of crimes and DNA is not a simple thing. As much as I wish it were a drop it in to a computer and know in hours or days.

I am sure there have been other cases were DNA has been there for the suspect and on the victim and it took years and years for the two to be matched. If I am wrong I would love to have this explained, please and thank you.

This is a really good point. I guess I had assumed that Indiana didn't have his DNA on file so they had to request the samples from Colorado, but it could be that given chain of custody issues and concerns about the samples themselves, so there is no question about their admissibility at trial it might be best to just get new samples from him, collected the same day, by the same people so that questions as to the legitimacy of the testing can't be brought up at trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member