IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI guy in pressor said their profilers want people to think about someone who may have shaved their beard. So I guess that means they think the guy on the bridge had a beard which answers a question.

also could mean there are other witnesses who have seen the guy that day or before but they are not releasing that yet

9046f3cf304e28d5a8ae7ebde2509981.jpg

A photo from this article shows both ends of the bridge.

http://www.capitalbay.news/news/1120465-lonely-spot-where-murdered-teenage-girls-were-last-seen.html
Excellent picture! If you look there is a twin trunked tree. THAT could cast a shadow and mesh with the poles to make them look larger.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

He sounds really cold, like this is not his first rodeo for sure.

Libby, you had to give your life, but you may very well have given us the tools to catch a serial killer. You may very well have saved lives. If only somebody could tell you so...

Don't worry....FoxFire got us covered. He told her so....:angel: :candle:

The issue I have with a knife is that it is more difficult to control 2 with a knife. If he planned to meet the 2 of them there and has any level of sophistication, I don't think he would have chanced them being able to split up and run from him.
I think another way. He could have grabbed Abby. So he had Abby under his physical control. Libby sees Abby with a knife to her throat, then BAM he's got her under emotional control. What 14 year old girl is going to disobey an order that will get her best friend killed? It's very effective I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Even more puzzling is the official search did not begin until 11:45am 2/14. Whatever the excuse the 6 to 12 hour delay until Abigail and Liberty were found allowed the muderer(s) trail to go cold.Timeline slide 6/12 at TheWindyCannel .com
link
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/timeline-13-year-old-girls-go-missing-bodies-found
:cow:
Thanks for this timeline, very helpful.
Agree, lots of time between the initial search ending, and the search resuming the next day. The suspect could have completed a full 8-hour work shift/tour, or drove a few counties over to catch a plane to Canada or Mexico.

If there are two perps, I imagine that the audio could rile up one of them enough to roll over on the other, maybe try for immunity. If only one perp, he may try to insert himself into the investigation to see how much more they have on him.

Thank you Bob, my opinion seems the same than the one you share. One detail I wanted to ask : does anyone know if the south side of the Bridge is presumed to be less frequented if the parking area is on the North side, the cemetery too...?
The south side is crossed by a residential driveway. I don't know if it is less frequented, but there are houses on that side of the creek. That I can see.

If a car were even suspected of being involved, I think LE would ask the public if they have seen the car.

There has been zero info coming from LE about a car.

I'm thinking the guy lives close enough to walk. Or, he's familiar enough with the area to park at a distance and walk. He didn't want his vehicle spotted anywhere near the park that day.

jmopinion
I don't think there is a car or vehicle below the south side of the bridge. First of all, there are several small creeks and drainage ditches going to deer creek that would be impossible for most any vehicle to traverse. Additionally, it would be parked in very soft ground and the tracks would lead them out of there very distinctly.

Forgive me for not quoting but the thread is going so dang fast!

One clue that the crime started on the bridge is that Libby took a picture of him on the bridge. If he was just some random man crossing the bridge, I don't think she would have bothered. At first I thought he might just be in the background of another photo she took (which may be true), but now I'm thinking she was starting to document what was happening because it wasn't good.

Before today's PC, I thought he lead them to a "cool" spot to explore, take photos, etc. But now I'm thinking Libby knew he was not Friendly Guy on the Trail.

jmopinion....working out theories....subject to change as we learn more.

One thing for sure, the girls did NOT know this perpetrator, or they would have said his name, I would think, on the audio/video. So, he was a stranger to them. But, as the cell phone was "pinging" in town after they were reported missing, it's obvious he/they took it and headed in the direction of town. Little did he know, Libby had already photographed and voice identified him, and it was immediately beyond their reach. What an amazing, fearless young lady! What a wonderful legacy she left for crime prevention. He could be an executive or a man sleeping under the bridge, but I would venture to say this is not his first crime of this nature, but thanks to Libby, it may be his last.

I feel like he had a gun. If he just had a knife I think these girls would have tried to run once they got on somewhat stable ground. If I remember correctly Libby was wearing a t-shirt and some type of athletic pants. I think she dropped her phone down her shirt at some point. I don't think he would have allowed her to carry it in her hand as he's ordering them down the hill. I think he did have a knife, as well, but he used a gun to gain control quickly. If he had multiple weapons on him I think he was looking to target someone. If it wasn't a scenario where he knew Libby & Abby were going to the trail I think he would have targeted another female if the opportunity arose.
I also don't discount Steelman's theory that he felt the girls mouthed off to him or somehow disrespected him. But the calmness in which he's directing them leads me to believe he already knows what he's going to do.
At some point if this guy didn't get the phone I think the recording would have filled up any remaining storage.
I hope tips are being called in like crazy. Are there any local bands that play in the area? Male vocals?

If he had a knife to one of the girls' throat would that change your mind?

It would be difficult to control two fit active teenagers without a weapon, at any point one or both of them could have run away at speed, the picture of the suspect to me does not show someone who could have easily chased them both and caught them if they ran,

odd that LE dropped into the presser could have been a crime of opportunity but also could have been somebody who knew the girls were going to hike in that area, possibly suggestive that they are looking at the possibilty one or both girls were chosen pre the murders,

this then leads into how many people knew the girls were going to that area that day at that time, and did the girls post on one or more social media platforms the plans for the day,

to murder two victims in one attack takes alot of confidence and control, especially in the area they were, they were not confined in a room or a building so he had to take the girls to his chosen place and carry out the attack and get out of their undetected,

to me it also shows familiarity with the area and terrain,
Add I believe it would be...

Agreed. I suspect he already had one of them under control somehow, and knew the other would comply to keep her friend from being harmed. Hence the calm, controlled voice. JMO

Also, if he pointed a gun...they would be under his control similtaniously. :(

It is not unknown for spouses or female partners to be involved aiding or covering up the crime. Anything is possible. The officers have not ruled out another person being involved although it does seem to be just the main suspect on the bridge. Sadly females can be just as evil. I think if they saw a man and a woman together they would be less intimidated and not so much on guard. . However this is highly unlikely. I just feel sure that someone must know who this man is .
The girlfriend of the Brown's Chicken Murders waited 15 years to snitch. Once she did, they compared DNA from a piece of partially eaten chicken. Murder solved.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I feel like he had a gun. If he just had a knife I think these girls would have tried to run once they got on somewhat stable ground. If I remember correctly Libby was wearing a t-shirt and some type of athletic pants. I think she dropped her phone down her shirt at some point. I don't think he would have allowed her to carry it in her hand as he's ordering them down the hill. I think he did have a knife, as well, but he used a gun to gain control quickly. If he had multiple weapons on him I think he was looking to target someone. If it wasn't a scenario where he knew Libby & Abby were going to the trail I think he would have targeted another female if the opportunity arose.
I also don't discount Steelman's theory that he felt the girls mouthed off to him or somehow disrespected him. But the calmness in which he's directing them leads me to believe he already knows what he's going to do.
At some point if this guy didn't get the phone I think the recording would have filled up any remaining storage.
I hope tips are being called in like crazy. Are there any local bands that play in the area? Male vocals?

Most people by the age of 13 or 14 have had parent's instill in them not to touch that knife so many times as kids and prob physically cut them self with a knife. It plays a big roll in perception most kids have never been hurt by a gun or threatened with a gun.

I believe at this age a girl has more fear for someone sticking a knife to them than a gun.

IMO

I think another way. He could have grabbed Abby. So he had Abby under his physical control. Libby sees Abby with a knife to her throat, then BAM he's got her under emotional control. What 14 year old girl is going to disobey an order that will get her best friend killed? It's very effective I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Exactly how I see it.

I am still devastated from hearing the words of a murderer so I had to step away for while and try to calm down.

Imo, he said more words than 'get down the hill' and the police are not going release what else was said or what the video showed in total which is totally understandable. This will be the biggest piece of evidence if this goes to trial. It will be as important as the video tape they found in Joseph Duncan's possession that showed all of the torture, rapes of Dylan, and Shasta and Dylan's murder.

The may have killed these beautiful girls but he didn't silence them or leave them voiceless. His own words and possibly actions recorded by Libby will come back to haunt him.

Of course LE is not going to confirm this is the voice of the killer because they have to find him first before it can be confirmed. But they most certainly will be able to do so when he is caught and his own voice compared to who Libby recorded. It is him, and I dont believe there is anyone else involved.

I dont think they were going there to meet anyone they met on social media but I do wonder if they may have put it out on social media they would be going to the bridge hiking that day. Were their social media sites set to private or could they be read by anyone?

Libby is such an amazing hero and maybe due to her amazing courage they can find this monster so he cant ever hurt anyone ever again. Libby helped to save the next girl.:heart: My heart breaks for their families and friends. I cant even begin to imagine what it must feel like to hear the actual voice of the murderer before he murdered their children. God be with them all.

So many new threads since I was last able to come by here. My apology if this was already posted, as I am in a hurry at the moment. An audio clip was apparently recorded by Libby's phone that captured three words, possibly by the perp. ("Down the hill") You can find it here:

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...lip-released-delphi-double-homicide/98241826/

also here, with a longer article after the latest news briefing.
http://fox59.com/2017/02/21/officials-to-provide-update-in-murder-investigation-of-delphi-teens/

I attended Purdue. I am from ONE STATE OVER, upon meeting me, everyone said, "You have an accent! Where are you from?"

We all sound different, even from one state over.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

True. Someone, who has listed the same location as I do, posted on the end of the last thread that everyone in our area says "git". I've lived here 43 of my 50+ years and most I know say 'get'. I'll occasionally hear 'git' but not often. Who's correct? We both are. It can vary even a town or two over. But I digress...

Edited to add: oops, I didn't realize I changed my location a while back. Anyway, the other poster's location was listed the same as my previous one.

That looks a lot shorter than I thought it was. If this has been discussed, sorry I missed it, so do we know the exact length of the bridge? And how long is the immediate trail on either side of it before you are, on one end, closer to where other people might be (as in entering the area), and on the other, close to where their bodies were found? I remember something about a 3/4 mile approximate distance from the bridge to the location of the bodies.

Just trying to get a better visual on the relative crime area from a ground perspective.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member