IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does not have to say a word. He can just let them try to prove their case(s).

If BG had been walking about with a hatchet, it is hard to believe he would not have been seen by a lot more people and word of a hatchet would have leaked out by now, jmo. No way he is brandishing a hatchet while walking in the park that day, Imo.

But...if LE knew he had a hatchet and had used it...and he had gone on to attack or kill others in same fashion in these eight months...well, yikes.

I’ve only been a member of Websleuths since the beginning of Libby & Abby’s murder. Since I’m still a newbie, can you vets tell me if you’ve ever seen anything like this where LE is spending so much time questioning a POI across state lines? It is my understanding IN LE has been out there since Friday, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only case I can remember following where the murderer was arrested out of state was the murder of Hannah Graham, who was murdered in Virginia. Murderer Jesse Matthew was found on a beach in Texas, I believe. I can't remember how long LE stayed down there or how long it took to hear of charges. I do remember it taking quite a while to have confirmation that he was also the killer of Morgan Harrington.

What if Indiana LE arrived and he refused to talk at all? Can he do that?

Forgive me but I thought USA Citizens had the right to the 5th amendment and silence. No idea how it works but that is what I thought.

KR
Reacher

Forgive me but I thought USA Citizens had the right to the 5th amendment and silence. No idea how it works but that is what I thought.

KR
Reacher

You are right. He does not need to talk.

Just wanted to add, this is major national news- my parents, boyfriend, and friends all saw this mugshot over the weekend, and none of them follow this case or WS at all- If for some crazy reason he got bail he'd be recognized and hounded wherever he went- no more flying under the radar

If in fact Abby and Libby had hatchet wounds, wouldn't it have been better to disclose the information? Then, people who had seen someone like DN carrying around a hatchet or been threatened with it would have been more likely to associate it with the infamous Delphi murders that was getting so much press? Perhaps that would have saved the life of the cyclist?

I think a big reason LE would withhold such information would be to have information only the suspect and LE would know. This could keep people from giving false confessions to take credit for the crime with that knowledge (crazy, but it happens), and to allow the real suspect to give that information to LE during interviews, which could be used as evidence in court.

He does not have to say a word. He can just let them try to prove their case(s).

If BG had been walking about with a hatchet, it is hard to believe he would not have been seen by a lot more people and word of a hatchet would have leaked out by now, jmo. No way he is brandishing a hatchet while walking in the park that day, Imo.

But...if LE knew he had a hatchet and had used it...and he had gone on to attack or kill others in same fashion in these eight months...well, yikes.

[h=1]Man With Hatchet Threatens People On Trail Where Cyclist Was Killed[/h]September 25, 2017 4:39 PM
By Tom Mustin
EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– There’s a new twist in the unsolved shooting death of cyclist Tim Watkins in Monument.

The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has confirmed reports of a man with a hatchet threatening people on the trail over the past few weeks.
mount-herman-ax-threat-12vo-transfer_frame_505.png
(credit: CBS)

It happened near the same area where a mountain biker was murdered on Mount Herman Road in El Paso County.

<modsnip>

I think they 100 percent have their man. I dont think he's lawyered up. He's extremely dangerous and a huge suicide risk.

<modsnip>

they are probably trying to see if he's all there too...but the fact that he can behave as a father and orchestrate a move and
make strategic decisions to leave a county where he is in trouble and violate terms, that he would post and present a normal facade to the world via his facebook page, that he would sneak in the night to key a car ...

Organized, resentful, sneaky car keying..he does this to people who helped him.

He is a bully and a psychopath and knows just what he is doing. I am sure he will try to fool the shrinks....and the FBI.

I hope they smoke his a$$.

MOO

this has been moving so fast over the past few days that I cannot keep up with all the posts here. I imagine this has already been posted, but a few things here were of interest to me: (not likely to be the most reputable source, but interesting nonetheless). Bold by me:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

multiple indecent exposure incidents while stationed at Paris Island. public indecency charges.

Several incidents where threats made to others with a hatchet; threat by machete.

The former boss also told the news station that Nations had been working in Zionsville, about an hour from Delphi, for a construction company, and loved being in the woods

El Paso County Sheriff spokesman Jacque Kirby told KCNC-TV that there are “many similarities” between the cases they are investigating and the February deaths of the two teen girls in Delphi, but would not elaborate because Indiana State Police have asked them to not release other details to the public.

“They have asked us not to speak on their case. So I’m not at liberty to elaborate on anything that’s related to what happened in Indiana,” said Kirby told the news station.

this has been moving so fast over the past few days that I cannot keep up with all the posts here. I imagine this has already been posted, but a few things here were of interest to me: (not likely to be the most reputable source, but interesting nonetheless). Bold by me:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/09/daniel-nations-colorado-hatchet-man-delphi-indiana-murders-photos/

multiple indecent exposure incidents while stationed at Paris Island. public indecency charges.

Several incidents where threats made to others with a hatchet; threat by machete.

The former boss also told the news station that Nations had been working in Zionsville, about an hour from Delphi, for a construction company, and loved being in the woods

El Paso County Sheriff spokesman Jacque Kirby told KCNC-TV that there are &#8220;many similarities&#8221; between the cases they are investigating and the February deaths of the two teen girls in Delphi, but would not elaborate because Indiana State Police have asked them to not release other details to the public.

&#8220;They have asked us not to speak on their case. So I&#8217;m not at liberty to elaborate on anything that&#8217;s related to what happened in Indiana,&#8221; said Kirby told the news station.

I also found out some more circumstantial evidence of potential interest. When DN checked in on Feb 7th, he told authorities that he was living under a bridge on 67 state road. Well someone went and looked and found that the only bridge in that area is... you guessed it a railroad bridge, in fact very similar to the Monon High bridge. Can anyone with more information on that area look into this?

Man With Hatchet Threatens People On Trail Where Cyclist Was Killed

September 25, 2017 4:39
By Tom Mustin
EL PASO COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)&#8211; There&#8217;s a new twist in the unsolved shooting death of cyclist Tim Watkins in Monument.

The El Paso County Sheriff&#8217;s Office has confirmed reports of a man with a hatchet threatening people on the trail over the past few weeks.

It happened near the same area where a mountain biker was murdered on Mount Herman Road in El Paso County.

Flowers and messages line the Mount Herman trailhead, after the shooting death of Palmer Lake cyclist Tim Watkins.
palmer-lake-cyclist-shot-12vo_frame_210.jpg
Tim Watkins (credit: CBS)

&#8220;He was such a legend in the mountain bike community,&#8221; bike designer Jeff Tessier told CBS4&#8217;s Tom Mustin.
Tessier worked with Watkins for 13 years.

(Snipped your post for brevity)

link to your article: http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/09/25/monument-el-paso-county-hatchet/

In case you are not familiar with TOS here (terms of service), we cannot copy/paste whole articles, but are supposed to limit that to @ 10% and always include a link to the page. Hope that helps you for future posts.

the bike rider who was killed is a very well-known biker in the area. Even having trails named after him. How glad I am that one do the searchers was wise enough to get pictures of the red car that kept showing up while they searched.

about one week after the deaths, police were asking if anyone saw someone throw away a backpack. I think most of us thought perhaps one of the girls had a backpack with them. But now I am wondering if the perp was the one who had a backpack or bag of some sort .... possibly to carry his hatchet or other &#8220;weapons&#8221;.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ek-later-no-arrests-delphi-killings/98147050/
2/20/2017:

We want to look at any aspect of what somebody might have seen," Riley said, adding that if someone saw a person throwing away a backpack, they'd be interested in tracking that down, too.

Update from Colorado.
http://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-and-nigel-show/report-colorado-latest-daniel-nations
article includes a 10 min. interview with Shanon Brinias from KRDO Colorado Springs. My quotes below are from the interview.
"Still waiting to find out about any further charges" "Looking for links to TW's shooting death." Indiana LE is in CO, combing over evidence gathered, looking over car, going over weapons." "KN was not charged but investigators are probably talking with her to find out what she knew and what her whereabouts are." "looking into facebook page we found of DN with pictures of him with daughter and evidence of a relationship with another woman he had (not KN) to find out what she knows." "Media not allowed in hearing, it was weapons charges and discussion of custody issues, but the records were sealed so we don't know." "Radio silence on part of LE is normal. We won't hear from LE in CO or IN until they are ready." " LE looked in the immediate area for suspects in Delphi, so they wouldn't have immediately looked at people in the area where DN was living at the time. But after the sketch came out, LE looked for him and could not find him. They didn't look to DN until that July 18 date, which indicates they may have been sparked to look for him based on the sketch."

I read somewhere that the Indiana charges were non-extraditable. Or, maybe some Indiana charges were non-extraditable, but not the one about failing to register....and that's why the affidavit about him going missing in July was filed in September?

I really am not worried that he is going to walk before Indiana either charges him for the Delphi murders or determines he is not BG.

jmopinion
I read that too but now I can't find it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

This article may have been posted way back in the beginning; it details what a really bad area TW was riding in. It's long but it's an interesting read.

https://www.csindy.com/coloradospri...nown-for-illegal-activity/Content?oid=7441765

Despite the fact that the U.S. Forest Service banned shooting there in 2014, Merrifield says gunshots are a constant at Mount Herman, which is near Monument and Palmer Lake. Once, near the drop into Limbaugh, he saw a man and his son shooting right next to a “no shooting” sign. He reminded them of the ban, but he says the father told him to “mind your own ****ing business.” Unarmed and alone, Merrifield simply moved on.

Other times, drivers have tried to run him off the road. And once, he “heard and felt [a] bullet go over my head.” It was, Merrifield says, in about the same area where the body of his friend was recently found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member