IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some random comments:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-bill-on-dna-collection-to-gov-holcombs-desk

"Beginning 1/1/2018, Indiana will take DNA for any felony arrest." - How quickly testing will occur is anyone's guess because of the incredible backlog on testing DNA kits (sex assaults etc)
https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/44854-untested-rape-exam-kits-number-thousands-in-indiana

In regard to DN, and what I perceive as his escalating criminal behavior, there's this:

http://dnasaves.org/files/IN_DNA_Cost_Savings_Study.pdf
"According to NIJ, “Individuals who commit property crimes have a higher recidivism rate than those who commit other types of offenses, and their demonstrated potential to engage in more serious, violent behavior makes analyzing DNA evidence from property crimes not just an option, but a matter of necessity...A review of New York’s first 1,000 CODIS hits showed that the vast majority were linked to crimes like homicide and rape, but of these, 82 percent of the offenders were already in the database as a result of a prior conviction for a “lesser” crime such as burglary or drug violations."

And I continue to learn something new. For instance, Indiana actually has a limit on items that can be submitted for DNA testing. For a burglary, the max is 2 items; for a homicide the limit is 10.

That is absolutely shocking.

I guess my point is, it could be possible that when LE was saying that somebody out there knows who BG is and asking them to come forward they were ultimately talking to KN. If so, she was probably too terrified to come forward. I know I would be very frightened and I'm a 6'4 300 lb man. Again, all just speculation as DN has not been confirmed as being BG. Also, I'm not attempting to sleuth KN, just putting forth a possible scenario.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’d especially be afraid of the backlash if I turned him in , and he turned out not to be
BG!

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

The Colorado authorities also likely wanted to obtain a DNA sample from Daniel Nations. Maybe a cheek swab.

Many of us are not convinced anything has been blurred out. It could be ordinary pixelation.
I see some pixelation due to compression, but also I'm pretty sure about some airbrushing or doctoring done n BG's pelvic area.

Yep. Pixelation is my opinion too.

It was the opinion of the image expert who so graciously gave his time to address all those questions.

You can find his answers on the image thread.

It's compression and pixelation. We also had another member in the field who spent time on the image, Billy Mabou.

Even if there was not audio, surely LE didn't blur out that one area on his jeans without there having been SOMETHING we were not entitled to see yet. That in itself speaks volumes

I have wondered, since DN came to light with the whole hatchet obsession, if the blurred picture was to remove the hatchet from the public view, or possibly the black duffle bag?!
My guess is that if he was carrying something in plain sight on a public trail, it would be a hatchet or duffle bag, the rifle IMO would be to alarming to passerbys, where as a hatchet in the woods doesn't necessarily seem all that out of place.

Re: DNA

If DN is BG and if they get a DNA match I don't think we're going to know that until trial. This is not going to be revealed to us.

If DN is arrested for the murders of Abby and Libby I think it is still a ways off.

DNA can be the basis for the arrest however, DNA evidence can be refuted in a court of law. Just because you have DNA does not mean it's a slam dunk.

IF THEY HAVE A MATCH NOW, I think LE are busting their !%$ to build their case from the ground up in addition to DNA.

As well, they don't have to do anything by way of charging him as he's already under lock and key and most likely will be charged with murder in Colorado. They have time to build a rock solid case and don't have to rush.

I just don't think we are going to see any movement soon. Although I am extremely anxious to see ARREST at the top of this thread.

JMHO

http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...rating-alibis-given-delphi-killings/99221194/

When police make an arrest in this case, Indiana State Police or Carroll County Sheriff's Office will immediately publicize it, Riley said. So if the information doesn't come from one of those two sources, it's not grounded in facts, Riley said.

Some thoughts, I am a nurse and while I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist, I did spend some time on a locked unit with the criminally insane. It is my opinion only, that DN has had a psychotic break. While I have no idea if he is responsible for the deaths of Abby and Libby or even Tim Watkins, ( given that another body was found by the side of the I 25 Saturday in the same general area) I do believe based on all the articles I've read that he has been running around Colorado Springs chasing people with a hatchet. I think we can all agree this is not normal behavior and I believe evidence of paranoia. As many have mentioned a cold, calculated killer in the style of BTK, this guy is not. If DN is responsible for at least 3 murders look for an insanity plea. I imagine that LE will want to speak to that girl he chased down in broad daylight. What did he say to her... how did he sound... etc, etc. Thank God she was able to run home. Now a question for all of you legal types. I am suspecting that LE thinks that he is under so much stress currently that he may snap and confess. Is a confession given by a suspect later determined to be incompetent admissible at trial? TIA

Good perspective. Can you link the articles referencing someone chasing ppl around w a hatchet in CO Springs/girl he chased down...was able to run home? Was this in a MSM post? So freaky. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not jump to conclusions. DN, as far as we know, is a petty criminal and most of his arrests are for driving infractions. Step back, take a deep breath. There is nothing to link him to any murder yet, not even the biker in CO.

Exposing himself in some public spaces is not something that, alone, sets off my alert buttons that he could be a coldblooded murderer. Marijuana? One instance of DV and the woman is back with him? I am just not ready to pin him as 'the guy'.

Let's not jump to conclusions. DN, as far as we know, is a petty criminal and most of his arrests are for driving infractions. Step back, take a deep breath. There is nothing to link him to any murder yet, not even the biker in CO.

Exposing himself in some public spaces is not something that, alone, sets off my alert buttons that he could be a coldblooded murderer. Marijuana? One instance of DV and the woman is back with him? I am just not ready to pin him as 'the guy'.

I completely agree that we have had no confirmation that he is a suspect in either the murders in IN or the murder of TW in Colorado, he has been charged with malicious menacing for harassing Colorado residents with a hatchet, that to me is outside of normal behavior and rises a bit above mere petty crimes... MOO.

I do see that now. Although, can you really be pulled over for that if the lights working?

Also....I believe KN told police the broken taillight happened that day. (Going to go searching for article) Why lie? Covering for something?

For what it's worth I don't really believe the car was "involved" in the murder of Tim.

The fact that the trunk is open with some stuff hanging out of it is quite telling, to me. We have a felon who is not allowed to have weapons and reports there is a rifle (wifes) in the trunk of the car. The trunk that doesn't even close. And has stuff hanging out of it. With broken tail light and damage to the car. Yeah, this dude seems like he thrives on seeing just how far he can push stuff before getting caught.

Petty???? :eek::eek:

Is the bail still low??

I am afraid someone posts bail for this guy and he walks. Even if he isn't BG, if he is being investigated for murder, how do you hold someone long enough to know if they are involved or not?

I have a feeling that if someone bails him out here, there is another county somewhere waiting for him to be transported. I don't know enough about how to find out that info, but I know a guy I used to know got out of Orleans Parish Prison only to discover he was being transported to St. Tammany Parish for other charges. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. :)

Agreed, but then there's the reports of vandalism, intimidation of those who employed him, and of slaughtering of animals in those cases. Circumstantial for sure, but to me this -when taken as a whole- it all adds up to pretty compelling reasonable doubt.

Would I convict him on this alone? No. But I would certainly be looking deeper into his DNA, his alibis, and his whereabouts.

I have a feeling that if someone bails him out here, there is another county somewhere waiting for him to be transported. I don't know enough about how to find out that info, but I know a guy I used to know got out of Orleans Parish Prison only to discover he was being transported to St. Tammany Parish for other charges. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. :)

I tend to agree, If LE in CO and IN have any suspicions that DN is a murderer there is no way they are letting him out of that jail, none.

I tend to agree, If LE in CO and IN have any suspicions that DN is a murderer there is no way they are letting him out of that jail, none.

They would have to charge him with something else, imo, if they intend to get "no bail" or increase bail. They can't make him "no bail" just because he might have murdered someone, there has to be cause shown for holding him, if bail were to be posted. Jmo

If in fact Abby and Libby had hatchet wounds, wouldn't it have been better to disclose the information? Then, people who had seen someone like DN carrying around a hatchet or been threatened with it would have been more likely to associate it with the infamous Delphi murders that was getting so much press? Perhaps that would have saved the life of the cyclist?

They would have to charge him with something else, imo, if they intend to get "no bail" or increase bail. They can't make him "no bail" just because he might have murdered someone, there has to be cause shown for holding him, if bail were to be posted. Jmo

Articles I have read said new charges will be brought in the next few days. Also, I thought I read bail was back up to 10,000 after the felony menacing charge, but I might be confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member