IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my post however, what I took from that statement the other day was that it sounds like they have DNA markers yet they cannot tie it to anyone so far???

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

We all know that reporters are human and they do make mistakes and fill in the blanks sometimes when they shouldn't.

Are arrest warrants not always public? If his DNA matches and they charge him, wouldn't that be in public paperwork? Just asking bc I'm not sure, but always assumed it's public info. Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe warrants can be "sealed" thereby keeping the information from the public. moo . They do not become public record for 180 days.

I get the feeling DN (if guilty of the crimes in question) may be the kind of guy who confesses and even commits suicide. He seems to have definite compulsions, especially if he is responsible for TW's death...sexual compulsions, rage compulsions, a lack of self control. He isn't an organized killer and in fact has benefitted from being a disorganized person in that he can't seem to make things work in one place for very long and is therefore hard to pin down as a suspect. His very troubled sense of self, his self-disgust, are evident in his social media posts. I think he genuinely struggles with self-hatred and a tendency to think of himself as a victim of others' lack of faith in him. If he had any self control, being on the run from murder (if he is guilty), he wouldn't have called attention to himself by wielding hatchets, etc. Laying low would have been the rational course, and a true psychopath would know that. As gruesome as the murders of Abby and Liberty might turn out to be, I think the violence done to them will be related to explosive rage rather than methodical cruelty. There are crimes that suggest careful planning and shrewdness and sloppy crimes of impulse and rage, and I think the latter applies in this case. This dude is not smart, not canny, and clearly left behind a lot of evidence and clues.

I do remember the talks in the beginning about the photos. IF there was something being blurred out maybe it was a hatchet?

Seems like it would be more likely to be a hatchet than a rifle. Either way, it seems equally as likely that it would be purposefully blurred out, especially though if it was a hatchet. And now we know why, if DN is our guy.

Ty for this. I think it's great news if LE is still there. It sounds like he definitely hasn't been cleared. Just a waiting game..

I agree. I don't think it would take that long to rule him out.

I wonder if he's spilling the beans about other crimes?

So DN moves out two days after the parole officer comes by an checks on him? Wonder if he got the word that the PO was there (for an unusual visit time) and then flew the coop?

The arrest affidavit indicates LE contacted the motel manager on May 1 not May 10, and manager said DN was still living there. After repeated attempts at contacting him during May and June, they again talked to the manager on July 18, and learned that DN had moved out on May 12.
Here is the affidavit
http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201709/DocumentFragment_44559828_0.pdf

ETA sorry for the double post, I couldn't find the original post, so responded to this, and then found it. Not trying to be overbearing.

A visit was made on May 10th, DN wasn't there, but the manager told the officer that he was still in residence.
The officer made several attempts to contact him by phone between 5/10 and 7/17, but didn't actually return to the InSuites until 7/18, which is when he was told by the manager that DN had moved out 5/12.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he decided to return to look for him the day after the sketch was released. Some bell was rung for him when he saw it (MOO)

Here is the arrest affidavit, which provides the correct timeline from LE. Contact with manager was May 1. Could not reach DN during May and June. Contact with manager July 18 to learn DN moved out May 12. http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201709/DocumentFragment_44559828_0.pdf

I agree. I don't think it would take that long to rule him out.

I wonder if he's spilling the beans about other crimes?

I thought about that too. He's traveled quite a bit. It would be interesting to see if he's associated with any crimes in South Carolina, Florida, or more in Indiana. The way his criminal history has seemed to escalate, it doesn't seem far fetched to think he could have committed more heinous crimes in other areas, then bounced.

So DN moves out two days after the parole officer comes by an checks on him? Wonder if he got the word that the PO was there (for an unusual visit time) and then flew the coop?

I thought about this too, but I'm not sure.that he got spooked and bailed. He had been diligent about letting LE know where he was from January up until then. I think that he decided he wanted to try and reconcile with his wife and kids, and IN wasn't going to be a good place to do that. Their new baby had just been born, and it was time for a new start.

Also - I just realized that my original post contains one blatant error, and one typo error. The affadavit states that the officer contacted the manager at first, it doesn't specify that he went there in person (blatant error), and he did so on May FIRST, not tenth (typo error). In fact, it doesn't say that he actually went on 7/18, either, just that he contacted management. I don't know how I managed to read that more than once, and take away that he went there, when he never said he did.

Seems like it would be more likely to be a hatchet than a rifle. Either way, it seems equally as likely that it would be purposefully blurred out, especially though if it was a hatchet. And now we know why, if DN is our guy.

I wonder if there was any reference to a hatchet in the audio on Libby's phone? Since it would seem to be an unusual weapon it would definitly provided a strong link between the crimes in CO and the girls' murder.

Here is the arrest affidavit, which provides the correct timeline from LE. Contact with manager was May 1. Could not reach DN during May and June. Contact with manager July 18 to learn DN moved out May 12. http://www.wibc.com/sites/g/files/exi441/f/201709/DocumentFragment_44559828_0.pdf

They go looking for him July 18.. yet don't file anything until September 25? The day of DN's arrest. Am I reading this correctly?

It wasn't signed by the court until the 26th..so I assume it was filed late Monday.

Just some random comments:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...s-bill-on-dna-collection-to-gov-holcombs-desk

"Beginning 1/1/2018, Indiana will take DNA for any felony arrest." - How quickly testing will occur is anyone's guess because of the incredible backlog on testing DNA kits (sex assaults etc)
https://www.theindianalawyer.com/articles/44854-untested-rape-exam-kits-number-thousands-in-indiana

In regard to DN, and what I perceive as his escalating criminal behavior, there's this:

http://dnasaves.org/files/IN_DNA_Cost_Savings_Study.pdf
"According to NIJ, “Individuals who commit property crimes have a higher recidivism rate than those who commit other types of offenses, and their demonstrated potential to engage in more serious, violent behavior makes analyzing DNA evidence from property crimes not just an option, but a matter of necessity...A review of New York’s first 1,000 CODIS hits showed that the vast majority were linked to crimes like homicide and rape, but of these, 82 percent of the offenders were already in the database as a result of a prior conviction for a “lesser” crime such as burglary or drug violations."

And I continue to learn something new. For instance, Indiana actually has a limit on items that can be submitted for DNA testing. For a burglary, the max is 2 items; for a homicide the limit is 10.

I wonder if there was any reference to a hatchet in the audio on Libby's phone? Since it would seem to be an unusual weapon it would definitly provided a strong link between the crimes in CO and the girls' murder.

Some thoughts, I am a nurse and while I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist, I did spend some time on a locked unit with the criminally insane. It is my opinion only, that DN has had a psychotic break. While I have no idea if he is responsible for the deaths of Abby and Libby or even Tim Watkins, ( given that another body was found by the side of the I 25 Saturday in the same general area) I do believe based on all the articles I've read that he has been running around Colorado Springs chasing people with a hatchet. I think we can all agree this is not normal behavior and I believe evidence of paranoia. As many have mentioned a cold, calculated killer in the style of BTK, this guy is not. If DN is responsible for at least 3 murders look for an insanity plea. I imagine that LE will want to speak to that girl he chased down in broad daylight. What did he say to her... how did he sound... etc, etc. Thank God she was able to run home. Now a question for all of you legal types. I am suspecting that LE thinks that he is under so much stress currently that he may snap and confess. Is a confession given by a suspect later determined to be incompetent admissible at trial? TIA

If LE had DN on their radar after the sketch was released (or before), would they have been able to legally collect DNA in his absence? I’m thinking back to the pictures of living quarters as a slight reference - perhaps he had been elsewhere recently and left belongings. Is a warrant needed for something like that?

The entire trunk is open/broken. It's tied down with rope that you can see coming from the center-inside latch and down over the bumper to the right of the plate. Plenty of justifiable reasons to pull this jalopy over I would think.

I see the trunk popped open a bit and what looks like blades of long grass, not seeing rope tying the trunk shut. See some damage above the left light tho. JMO

Even if there was not audio, surely LE didn't blur out that one area on his jeans without there having been SOMETHING we were not entitled to see yet. That in itself speaks volumes

Even if there was not audio, surely LE didn't blur out that one area on his jeans without there having been SOMETHING we were not entitled to see yet. That in itself speaks volumes

Many of us are not convinced anything has been blurred out. It could be ordinary pixelation.

Just some random comments:
And I continue to learn something new. For instance, Indiana actually has a limit on items that can be submitted for DNA testing. For a burglary, the max is 2 items; for a homicide the limit is 10.

Rsbm

That disgusts me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads