IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone come up with any information on who last registered the car and when it was last registered in Indiana?

It makes me wonder if it was her that really posted it. Wouldn't she have been asked not to say anything about the situation? But it sounds like it was also removed quickly which makes it seem more possible. She is definitely wanting to separate herself from him and his actions as much as possible.
I don't know whether it is her either. Why would she want to put herself in the spotlight like that?

I haven't seen this mentioned, apologies if it's a rerun: mention of another woman possibly involved with DN a few years ago. A radio station WIBC in Indy interviewed Shanon Brinias, news anchor with KRDO in Colorado Springs on Monday 10/2/17. There's a short summary article and nearly 10 minute audio interview at the bottom of the article. Below is not an exact transcript of the portion of the audio mentioning this possible other woman because I substituted initials in place of names.

At the 2:54 mark in the audio Ms. Brinias indicates: we're also looking into a Facebook page we managed to locate which may be that of DN that was established a few years back and it appeared one of his children was younger at the time than what we understand they are now so that would make sense, but in it it sounds like he had a relationship with another woman, not KN the woman that was found with him, and we are reaching out to that woman to try and find out if she knows anything about DN, what his background is, what may be involved here that may have investigators so intrigued in him as a possible person of interest in at least the Indiana slayings.

Source: http://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-and-nigel-show/latest-daniel-nations-police-still-colorado

Direct link to audio only without article: https://omny.fm/shows/hammer-and-nigel-show/shanon-brinias-krdo-latest-on-daniel-nations
This would help to make sense of a msm statement from the Grandmother that said he had been married and divorced which I didn't really take in before but is making some sense now.

I really thought we would have heard something by now. One way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would help to make sense of a msm statement from the Grandmother that said he had been married and divorced which I didn't really take in before but is making some sense now.

I am thinking that it's possible LE is facing or did face a fight over acquiring that DNA sample and after doing some research it could take as long as 14-20 days to get a good result even if fast tracked, so we just need to sit tight because it has only been 10 days since we even heard of DN. It would be interesting to know where the evidence lies in regard to TW, but I think because the 2 cases are so closely linked that we will hear about both at the same time not to jeopardize either investigation. For example we may learn that he is charged in the death of TW, but cleared in Abby and Libby's case or any of the possible combinations of guilt or innocence.

I understand. I was just saying that this particular case, with no 'easily tested' crime scene, like a vehicle or a bedroom, it would be very hard to find forensics in. No place for fingerprints or blood splatter patterns.

And it is not in a place where they will find surveillance footage on a storefront. Or many witnesses driving or walking by...

So if there is no forensics evidence left behind in the crime scene, no witnesses, no video footage, then there are not a lot of ways to prove this case, other than a confession.
The video and audio is the "surveillance footage" and is remarkable factual evidence. There are witnesses putting the video and sketch man on the trail. That man has never come forward voluntarily and now there is a chance to identify him finally. Here's hoping.

Thanks, I understand the distinction you're pointing out. I agree that the 'one chance' is referring to the conviction aspect. However, I believe they are intricately entwined.

A premature arrest could start a cascade of unwanted repercussions.

The legal clock starts ticking immediately with an arrest because the Sixth Amendment guarantees the right to a speedy trial. The prosecutor must file charges within 72 hours, ( 48 hours in some states. )

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/chronology-the-arrest-process.html

LE would then be handicapping their own case, robbing themselves of the time necessary to analyze their own data. This could easily jeopardize their entire case, imo.

A premature arrest would unleash a media circus as well. LE resources could be diverted and strained at a time when they are most needing to concentrate their focus on the case.

We don't know if DN is BG. Therein lies the most important reason. A premature arrest could result in an innocent person being deprived of his/her constitutional right to freedom.

In short, this is way too important to risk any wrong steps from the beginning!

Abby, Libby, and their families deserve no less...

JMO

You're right, but if they arrested the right person and had to let him go, the could still re-arrest him after they got their evidence straight. Whereas if he's charged and found not guilty, no more chances.

Sorry, but I think the most likely explanation is there isn't a match yet because they haven't caught the killer. Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

Well, the simplest answer of all is that they don't have a DNA match because they don't have DNA.

Sorry, but I think the most likely explanation is there isn't a match yet because they haven't caught the killer. Usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

Then why haven't they cleared him?

Then why haven't they cleared him?

Because the results haven't come back yet, so I could say they haven't matched anyone to mean they haven't matched anyone yet. DNA can take as long as 20 days even if fast tracked, so we must wait.

Because the results haven't come back yet, so I could say they haven't matched anyone to mean they haven't matched anyone yet. DNA can take as long as 20 days even if fast tracked, so we must wait.

I'm impatient.

Also, I do wonder if they are trying to draw out the killer. It would be in LE's best interest to be vague regarding the identity of BG until an arrest. If DN isn't BG, the real BG may get cocky and screw up. I think it would be very tempting for whomever BG is to return to the crime scene. I also would bet a whole lot of cash LE is prepared for that scenario...JMO

Also, I do wonder if they are trying to draw out the killer. It would be in LE's best interest to be vague regarding the identity of BG until an arrest. If DN isn't BG, the real BG may get cocky and screw up. I think it would be very tempting for whomever BG is to return to the crime scene. I also would bet a whole lot of cash LE is prepared for that scenario...JMO

This is sadly a possibility for someone who takes pleasure from killing children. The Moors Murderer Ian Brady used to visit the Moors on a regular basis because it allowed him to relive what he had done, finding it almost as satisfying as he found the killing itself.

I couldn't see someone disorganised like DN being tempted to return but the cold and calm killer we thought BG was pre-DN would be likely to go back to the same trail over and over. It's a chilling thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1