IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

While I agree with you that journalists often take liberties with headlines, I also tend to find more support for a thing when multiple news sources ask questions and report the same answers. And having DNA "evidence" is reported in the articles I posted--(posted not simply for the headlines). At least one of these is dated August 2017, well after the Feb (early) dates of the first articles you mentioned. The August 16, 2017 (953.mnc.com) article expressly states in two different paragraphs that LE has found "DNA evidence that they believe belongs to the killer." I got the impression that LE were more tight-lipped in the initial days and weeks concerning what evidence they had. Which also makes sense, as they were still in the process of determining what evidence (including DNA) they had.

It seems evident (to me, at least) that they do have adequate DNA evidence of the killer if they are swabbing and ruling out multiple POIs over a period of 7 months via those DNA comparisons. So the fact that it's taking longer than some would like or hope can only mean one of two things IMO: the testing is simply taking the time it needs to *OR* DN is not the killer (which wouldn't necessarily surprise me, as I haven't seen the Delphi link, yet). But that's just my take on things; I'm sure some opinions will vary.
Do we know for a fact that LE is ruling out poi bases on DNA results? If this has been discussed I apologize in advance. I don't remember reading that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do we know for a fact that LE is ruling out poi bases on DNA results? If this has been discussed I apologize in advance. I don't remember reading that.

We only know that they said they have been taking swabs from those they interview.

There were other people on the bridge that day who saw BG...I wonder what their reaction is to DN’s picture.
That's the $million dollar question. I would expect LE has talked with anyone who contributed to the sketch. What were their thoughts?

Hmmm, I thought the gun was in the trunk of the car?

That he had access to it is the main consideration. It is the same principle when someone who has had too much alcohol to drink sits in their car with the keys in their possession. In some jurisdictions, even if the car is turned off they can still be arrested for a vehicle-related alcohol offense (it might even driving under the influence). DN had the keys to the trunk where the gun was reportedly stored, and he was in physical proximity. Those factors may constitute control.

That's the $million dollar question. I would expect LE has talked with anyone who contributed to the sketch. What were their thoughts?

They didnt rule him out.

I haven't looked for his CO records but I know his failure to register was filed AFTER he was in custody of CO. He also has two warrants for failure to appear. One for a hearing to pull probabtion ( he had broken probation from Jan 16 offense and facing 3 years sentence) another for crime in November 16 for possession of marijuana, paraphernalia, and driving without license.
I think if DN is not BG (and I feel that he could be) then the probability of being sent to jail after his June hearing was was sent him fleeing from iN.

** meant to be in response to Knox in regards to failure to register filing in IN

You're right, but if they arrested the right person and had to let him go, the could still re-arrest him after they got their evidence straight. Whereas if he's charged and found not guilty, no more chances.

Thanks for continuing to share your thoughts on this. I hear what you're saying.

Let me preface this by saying I am not an attorney. No authority at all.

It's just my opinion that although this is theoretically possible, it's probably rarely done if it can possibly be avoided.

I would think that if LE has the choice, they would much prefer to proceed carefully the first time, and get it right, than to have to repeat the entire process.

Not only would it damage their own morale, but I can't see it lending any credibility to their reputation in the public's eye.

Because of your comments though, I've spent much time researching this topic today. I learned quite a bit in the process, so thank you for that! I really do appreciate you steering me in that direction.

I did find one informative article, linked below, written by an attorney about this topic.

Won't quote from it as it is lengthy, but if anyone is interested it's a good resource. Covers the topic well.

Titled, 'Why Am I Being Arrested Twice for the Same Crime?'

http://www.dekalbcriminaldefense.com/why-am-i-being-arrested-twice-for-the-same-crime/

Thank you again for your input. I've always enjoyed your posts...

would love to know how DN is enjoying his jail cell? not such a big man without his HATCHET!

look ...I have zero sympathy...railroaded, misjudged, misguided , whatever...

Multiple arrest SO , violence against women, Court order violator and fugitive from the law...
frightening mothers and little girls in bathroom stalls.

back in the day this guy would be locked up for good, no questions asked...maybe even a nut house or military stockade.

it makes me sad when I hear someone say his sex offenses are no big deal.

moo

I haven't seen this mentioned, apologies if it's a rerun: mention of another woman possibly involved with DN a few years ago. A radio station WIBC in Indy interviewed Shanon Brinias, news anchor with KRDO in Colorado Springs on Monday 10/2/17. There's a short summary article and nearly 10 minute audio interview at the bottom of the article. Below is not an exact transcript of the portion of the audio mentioning this possible other woman because I substituted initials in place of names.

At the 2:54 mark in the audio Ms. Brinias indicates: we're also looking into a Facebook page we managed to locate which may be that of DN that was established a few years back and it appeared one of his children was younger at the time than what we understand they are now so that would make sense, but in it it sounds like he had a relationship with another woman, not KN the woman that was found with him, and we are reaching out to that woman to try and find out if she knows anything about DN, what his background is, what may be involved here that may have investigators so intrigued in him as a possible person of interest in at least the Indiana slayings.

Source: http://www.wibc.com/blogs/hammer-and-nigel-show/latest-daniel-nations-police-still-colorado

Direct link to audio only without article: https://omny.fm/shows/hammer-and-nigel-show/shanon-brinias-krdo-latest-on-daniel-nations

Ms. Brinias is certainly a clear communicator. "Radio silence" along with LE needing time to "get their ducks in a row,".........It sure takes a lot of patience as everyone waits for those "ducks" to start quacking.

They arrested him. ISP can't just waltz in and take him from them. He is being investigated for serious crimes in CO. IN authorities wouldn't reveal their hand if they have anything. To do so would be foolish, amateurish, and unprofessional.

If they had enough to implicate him, why would they not say so? Seems to me that would be “foolish, amateurish, and unprofessional “ , since it would put a lot of people at ease, knowing they don’t have to worry about this guy being in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been listening to a podcast on the Jacob Wetterling case. The suspect in the Delphi case reminds me of Danny Heinrich, the man who confessed to killing JW. If you look at the police sketch of the suspect side by side with pictures of the killer, you see some definite similarities, but nothing like the similarities in the Delphi case between Daniel Nations and the suspect sketch. I don't believe it's coincidental. Furthermore, the MO is very similar in cases where the motive is sex with a child/young person...these people are on the prowl, always looking for opportunities. They are almost never not casing every place they go for victims. Abby and Libby's killer was ready when he saw these poor girls alone and in a remote place...it was the perfect crime of opportunity and probably went down fairly fast. In the JW case, the killer actually left the victim's body in one place and came back to hide it more thoroughly at a later time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Abby and Libby were moved after death. The whole reason the sex offender registry exists is because of the Jacob Wetterling case. I, for one, choose not to disregard its significance in this or any other case.

Well, here we are, Friday, 6pm Colorado time. Nothing yet...while I realize it can take a while to get the DNA back, I really thought we would have heard something by now, only because isn't that what LE said? As mentioned earlier, maybe they are getting other ducks and evidence in a row before they charge him...let's hope this is the case!

I've been listening to a podcast on the Jacob Wetterling case. The suspect in the Delphi case reminds me of Danny Heinrich, the man who confessed to killing JW. If you look at the police sketch of the suspect side by side with pictures of the killer, you see some definite similarities, but nothing like the similarities in the Delphi case between Daniel Nations and the suspect sketch. I don't believe it's coincidental. Furthermore, the MO is very similar in cases where the motive is sex with a child/young person...these people are on the prowl, always looking for opportunities. They are almost never not casing every place they go for victims. Abby and Libby's killer was ready when he saw these poor girls alone and in a remote place...it was the perfect crime of opportunity and probably went down fairly fast. In the JW case, the killer actually left the victim's body in one place and came back to hide it more thoroughly at a later time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Abby and Libby were moved after death. The whole reason the sex offender registry exists is because of the Jacob Wetterling case. I, for one, choose not to disregard its significance in this or any other case.

Thank you, missdarcy. You summarized my feelings about this crime so well. I do not think this was a revenge crime or a cyber stalker crime. It was an opporturnity for a a hunter to find prey. He is a madman.

they are being very quiet yet really doing nothing to stop the media rolling. from someone at the squad house's lips to someone at a bar who writes for a paper, then it's on word , it's a go but the word is hush...it gets around, it's still a go and the media hunkers down for the long game.

seriously this guy could be a major get. does anyone really think the guy who did this hasn't done it before?

this crime was

BRAZEN.

A brazen and confident murder of two children in broad daylight at a trail frequented by random people at all hours of the day.

and now a brazen sexual criminal who under suspicion of violence, cold blooded murder and a pedophilliac destruction of two CHILDREN . gives the finger in court.

isn't a person if this profile exactly who we have been looking for?

MOO

I always appreciate your creative use of emojis / emoticons.

Lol, that's pretty much all I have to say at this point.

It's quiet as a pindrop, nothing on msm that I see yet.

they are being very quiet yet really doing nothing to stop the media rolling. from someone at the squad house's lips to someone at a bar who writes for a paper, then it's on word , it's a go but the word is hush...it gets around, it's still a go and the media hunkers down for the long game.

seriously this guy could be a major get. does anyone really think the guy who did this hasn't done it before?

this crime was

BRAZEN.

A brazen and confident murder of two children in broad daylight at a trail frequented by random people at all hours of the day.

and now a brazen sexual criminal who under suspicion of violence, cold blooded murder and a pedophilliac destruction of two CHILDREN . gives the finger in court.

isn't a person if this profile exactly who we have been looking for?

MOO

It was very brazen... how the heck he walked away from the scene without being caught quickly defies explanation, because my feeling is he is an oddball nutjob. Yet, he did.

The luck, hopefully, has run out. We will see.

That's not accurate. If it were, the felon couldn't go anywhere in the US or be near a cop etc.

I'm sorry I don't have the exact code but will post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I meant at someone's home where the felon lives or someone whom they reside with cannot have firearms. I don't believe it is legal either for a felon to be in a vehicle when they know a firearm is present.

would love to know how DN is enjoying his jail cell? not such a big man without his HATCHET!

look ...I have zero sympathy...railroaded, misjudged, misguided , whatever...

Multiple arrest SO , violence against women, Court order violator and fugitive from the law...
frightening mothers and little girls in bathroom stalls.

back in the day this guy would be locked up for good, no questions asked...maybe even a nut house or military stockade.

it makes me sad when I hear someone say his sex offenses are no big deal.

moo

I wish he were in Texas. Those ol' boys know how to handle miscreants like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur