IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Rocket; we just don’t know. But perhaps Libby did capture more footage of the Perp in the manner described. Only LE knows at the moment. Let’s hope Libby outsmarted him again.

As I posted upthread, I think there is enough for an arrest in this case, but multiple agencies are probably still connecting the dots on other crimes.

Right. We don't know but like I said, if LE has proof of the tats or anything else that matches to DN they would have arrested him on murder charges by now. There would be no wait-and-see period to connect him to other crimes. If he's put on trial for the murders they can't bring up his other crimes.

DN seems to like to return to scenes. After the latest statements by Port Royal PD, my thoughts are flipping the Delphi scenario around just a bit.

DN indecently exposed himself in a parking lot to two victims on the same day in 2007 in Port Royal, SC.
Per Port Royal PD he returned the very next day.
(Note: this was the case he was arrested 10/3/2007 and convicted for, then appealed and lost the appeal.http://www.sccourts.org/opinions/displayUnPubOpinion.cfm?caseNo=2010-UP-071)

Then he arouses suspicions of a member of Tim Watkins search party after driving past them more than once in a car with out of state plates, so the searcher snapped a couple photos of him driving by. Was he returning to the scene of a crime he committed (hatchet menacing, murder) and monitoring it?

Which leads me to: what if he was on the high bridge on 2/13 but that wasn't his first day of criminal activity there, it was his 'return to the scene' day?
What if he was there on the weekend, Saturday 2/11 or Sunday 2/12, when there was a likelihood of higher trail traffic. He exposed himself to someone, maybe behaved in a menacing way, and he was close enough they got a good look at him (and vice versa) and they were too scared to report it. (The witness who assisted with the sketch but didn't come forward till months later?) DN doesn't have anywhere to be on Monday 2/13, so as he apparently likes to do he returns to the High Bridge/trails again and this time encounters Libby and Abby. (We could argue he wouldn't know if he'd been reported on 2/11 or 2/12, so it was risky to return on 2/13. But based on Port Royal P.D. facts and possibilities in Colorado, DN has no problems returning to an area and risking running into LE.)

Sources: http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-county/more-details-unveiled-on-nationss-criminal-past/633133350
http://wane.com/2017/07/17/indiana-police-to-release-new-evidence-in-killing-of-2-teens/

I've seen it said a couple of times now that RL was officially cleared.

The last I saw was that he was not a suspect but no official LE statement that he was cleared. How did I miss that?? There should have been a good many posts about that and I haven't seen a word other than the couple posts recently.

Could someone post a link to the official statement, please?

All I remember is the quote;

Logan is not facing any charges in connection with the girls’ disappearance or murders. The Carroll County sheriff said he is "still involved" with the investigation, but is not considered a suspect.
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ner-sentenced-in-charges-unrelated-to-murders

I don't think the word "cleared" has been used by any Law Enforcement Officers regarding any individual.

I could be mis-remembering.

All I remember is the quote;

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ner-sentenced-in-charges-unrelated-to-murders

I don't think the word "cleared" has been used by any Law Enforcement Officers regarding any individual.

I could be mis-remembering.

Thanks. That's how I remember it, too.

My memory plays games with me sometimes; but I thought the first person to say this was one of the mods. I hope I don't have to go back through all these threads just to satisfy my curiosity. lol..

Good thoughts, but wouldn't they know his eye color (instead of saying "not blue")?
Also, it would destroy LE's credibility, imho.

Greetings, Jax49. I don't know. They may have utilized several methods to get their candidate. The eye witness was mentioned by the police, but the DNA modeling was also discussed here. There was some Web Sleuths speculation that the "not blue" comment may have come from using DNA analysis software. They might have used all methods during development, and their final outcome could have reflected that.

The police sergeant who gave the interview is a human being, and he may have over-spoken at times during the interview. For example, if they had an eye witness who tagged DN, and then they do the sketch from a mug shot, in discussing how the sketch was developed if the DNA feedback said "eyes not blue" he might have given something away by accident. It doesn't mean they developed the sketch from the DNA software, but he might have referenced it in error and thereby created these kinds of rabbit trails.

They didnt rule him out.
Who didn't rule him out LE or the witnesses? I haven't seen any verification the witnesses even spoke with LE about DN. Although imo I expect they have.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi SS :)

People keep mentioning the pig slaughter here.

Is there a document/link something to show he was arrested or a formal police report showing a complaint lodged against him for that offense?
Try post 323 in the media thread. It no longer works for me for some reason but I think that is the one .

He looks like the sketch and the video still, he is a RSO who skipped out of IN and CO LE alerted IN LE due to similarities that we are unaware of ATM. IN LE have declared him a POI while they try to include or exclude him. The similarities could simply be the sketch likeness, however, TW was killed with a .22 calibre firearm and DN was found illegally having access to a .22 weapon, hence his CO arrest. Oh and he has 4 warrants out in different counties, Morgan, Johnson, Monroe and Bartholomew IIRC. (This is in addition to the hatchet menacing charge in CO - so quite a lot of connections IMO)

I don't seen any similarity with the sketch, and we all know that the registered sex offender label is common. I think it has something to do with the hatchet simply because that is unique to this man. In order to connect him with the murders, there has to be something that is more or less unique to him and to the girls.

If there is no DNA at the CS then they will have to gather other evidence to go with the video/audio/witness evidence that they do have. Perhaps he has no alibi for the 13th so cannot clear him. MOO. Think RL and how long that went on? :thinking:

They said they have DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they never said it was the killer's DNA. It could be just the girls'.

Yes but is it the perp's DNA or just random touch DNA?

Do we know for a fact that LE is ruling out poi bases on DNA results? If this has been discussed I apologize in advance. I don't remember reading that.

We only know that they said they have been taking swabs from those they interview.

I posted all I could find concerning the DNA back on page 21 of this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-71&p=13671190#post13671190

That compilation sums up all I could gather about what is publicly known concerning the DNA (though would welcome new info at any time). People can (and do) continue to speculate about it as they feel led, but honestly...I'm doubtful that continued cycling through this (exploring answers contrary to what public knowledge we've been given) will suddenly produce a different or even a more believable or reliable answer. IMHO.

Many people here have read these articles reporting what LE have informed media concerning the crime scene DNA evidence, the swabbing/testing of everyone they've investigated, and the DNA testing of DN--yet they still end up concluding that it is "unknown" if LE has DNA or is testing it. For some, it may come down to whether or not you personally believe LE and/or the media has an intent to deceive concerning this issue. If that is at the heart of the continued questioning, I believe only a personal response to you from a LE insider would be able to provide the definitive, more credible-to-you answer you are seeking.

(And please, please let us know if you hear from one. :) )

We only know that they said they have been taking swabs from those they interview.
And they ruled out CaCo RSO's so must have done that somehow- either alibi, polygraph or dna imo. So it begs the question why hasn't DN been ruled out in a similar way?

Who didn't rule him out LE or the witnesses? I haven't seen any verification the witnesses even spoke with LE about DN. Although imo I expect they have.

If DN hasnt been excluded, one element of the continuation of POI status has to be that the witnesses aren't saying "No, that is definitely not the man I saw." It has to be "maybe, it could be" or "yes."

If they have DNA evidence, other than the girls, and it was found say from a cigarette butt or spitting tobacco and not directly with the girls this would not be a slam dunk as far as evidence. Indiana needs time to line up as much info they can about DN while he is safely behind CO bars. No need to start the clock naming a suspect yet. I am not sure DN is the BG but if he is I am not concerned about the wait.

I've seen it said a couple of times now that RL was officially cleared.

The last I saw was that he was not a suspect but no official LE statement that he was cleared. How did I miss that?? There should have been a good many posts about that and I haven't seen a word other than the couple posts recently.

Could someone post a link to the official statement, please?
The mods confirmed he was cleared IIRC so we don't need a link.

Try post 323 in the media thread. It no longer works for me for some reason but I think that is the one .

Pigs The poor people with this farm, trying to give a vet and his wife and kids a end up getting court order to get rid of him.
The reporter talked to a peer worker about the pigs.

I don't seen any similarity with the sketch, and we all know that the registered sex offender label is common. I think it has something to do with the hatchet simply because that is unique to this man. In order to connect him with the murders, there has to be something that is more or less unique to him and to the girls.
Which mugshot are you comparing to the sketch? One is a spitting image imo. I told you what CO LE said - there were similarities but they didn't specify. Could be the hatchet, the .22 bullet, the likeness, the body half buried etc, we don't know because they have not (and will not) elaborate.

I posted all I could find concerning the DNA back on page 21 of this thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-71&p=13671190#post13671190

That compilation sums up all I could gather about what is publicly known concerning the DNA (though would welcome new info at any time). People can (and do) continue to speculate about it as they feel led, but honestly...I'm doubtful that continued cycling through this (exploring answers contrary to what public knowledge we've been given) will suddenly produce a different or even a more believable or reliable answer. IMHO.

Many people here have read these articles reporting what LE have informed media concerning the crime scene DNA evidence, the swabbing/testing of everyone they've investigated, and the DNA testing of DN--yet they still end up concluding that it is "unknown" if LE has DNA or is testing it. For some, it may come down to whether or not you personally believe LE and/or the media has an intent to deceive concerning this issue. If that is at the heart of the continued questioning, I believe only a personal response to you from a LE insider would be able to provide the definitive, more credible-to-you answer you are seeking.

(And please, please let us know if you hear from one. :) )
Your summing up was a great help re the DNA situation. We will still speculate however - we can't help it.

I have been thinking about the RSO lists for each location. Is it likely that they contact each other and put each other up if necessary. It must be convenient having a list that they can use like that. What made me think about this is that someone on here mentioned the Greenwood motel being a place that RSO's used a lot. Is there a similar place locally in Delphi or Lafayette for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody