IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, but I don't think that IN LE issued a super secret bulletin to LE across the country to be on the lookout for a guy with a hatchet.I am pretty sure that when DN was arrested the outstanding warrants popped up when his name was searched in NCIC.
I believe that DN being arrested in possession of a hatchet in CO does not translate into "DN killed the girls with a hatchet". At all.

Understood, but why would officers from the Indiana State Police associated with the Delphi murders go out to Colorado to talk with him, and do so almost the next day? If it was an outstanding warrants notification, you could expect a longer process and if the county that executed the warrants wanted him maybe county-level officials would be involved (Sheriff's Deputies), and there would be no press release. That makes me think the Indiana State Police had a by-name alert for this man.

That's what was reported in a media link.

If someone finds an actual police report, I'd be grateful to see it.
BoP,
I mentioned pig slaughter and you said you had heard this several times and asked me for a link. I have been looking for 24 hours on and off finally found it in the media thread but couldn't load it. Told you about it, posted it on here, Boxer mentioned it and posted it. Now you want a police report. :pullhair: Please may I ask why?
Anyways, there is no police report. Pigicide isn't a crime ( or they couldnt prove it) I guess. HTH.
Respectfully
SS.

Understood, but why would officers from the Indiana State Police associated with the Delphi murders go out to Colorado to talk with him, and do so almost the next day? If it was an outstanding warrants notification, you could expect a longer process and if the county that executed the warrants wanted him maybe county-level officials would be involved (Sheriff's Deputies), and there would be no press release. That makes me think the Indiana State Police had a by-name alert for this man.

He is a non-registered RSO

What is the federal penalty for failure to register? Under 18 U.S.C. §2250, the federal failure-to-register offense, a federal criminal penalty of up to 10 years of imprisonment exists for sex offenders required to register under SORNA who knowingly fail to register or update a registration as required where circumstances supporting federal jurisdiction exist, such as interstate or international travel or travel on or off an Indian reservation by a sex offender, or conviction of a federal sex offense for which registration is required.
See Part XIII of the Final Guidelines for more detail.

Can a non-federally convicted sex offender be prosecuted in the federal system for failure to register? Yes. If a sex offender convicted or adjudicated delinquent in a jurisdiction’s court is required to register under SORNA, and knowingly fails to register or update a registration as required, and the sex offender engages in interstate or international travel or enter or leaves or resides in Indian country, then the offender can be prosecuted under 18 U.S.C. §2250, the federal failure-to-register offense.

https://www.smart.gov/faqs/faq_registration.htm#11

Boxer said:
I cant tell at all where his accent is from, but I think you can hear where he is NOT from.
He is not from the Deep South, NYC or North Eastern Yankee- he doesnt sound Western or Texan, doesn't sound North Western or Calfornian.

I didn't think we (Californians) sounded different?? I think everyone else in the country has accents! :lol:

and :welcome6: to WS and this thread! :greetings:

PoirotryInMotion said:
snipped by me....
I thought it might be helpful to have a summary of what media has said concerning the DNA evidence. (Please don't throw pie if you disagree or have a differing opinion as to the facts; this is simply what's been reported. )

Then how about some tomatoes.... :tomato:

:laughcry:

Sorry - just trying to "lighten" up the thread!

Now... continuing to read - lots to catch up on here!

BoP,
I mentioned pig slaughter and you said you had heard this several times and asked me for a link. I have been looking for 24 hours on and off finally found it in the media thread but couldn't load it. Told you about it, posted it on here, Boxer mentioned it and posted it. Now you want a police report. :pullhair: Please may I ask why?
Anyways, there is no police report. Pigicide isn't a crime ( or they couldnt prove it) I guess. HTH.
Respectfully
SS.

Aww SS I didn't mean to confuse anyone. I did want a link to the article as I was having trouble finding it.

I also asked if anyone knew if an official police report was filed about the pigs. Because if it hasn't, then it's one man's word without any investigation. And if Mr. Axeman did indeed do the deed as the farmer appears to be implying, then a police report would help in affirming that implication.

He is a non-registered RSO

What is the federal penalty for failure to register? Under 18 U.S.C. §2250, the federal failure-to-register offense, a federal criminal penalty of up to 10 years of imprisonment exists for sex offenders required to register under SORNA who knowingly fail to register or update a registration as required where circumstances supporting federal jurisdiction exist, such as interstate or international travel or travel on or off an Indian reservation by a sex offender, or conviction of a federal sex offense for which registration is required.
See Part XIII of the Final Guidelines for more detail.

Can a non-federally convicted sex offender be prosecuted in the federal system for failure to register? Yes. If a sex offender convicted or adjudicated delinquent in a jurisdiction’s court is required to register under SORNA, and knowingly fails to register or update a registration as required, and the sex offender engages in interstate or international travel or enter or leaves or resides in Indian country, then the offender can be prosecuted under 18 U.S.C. §2250, the federal failure-to-register offense.

https://www.smart.gov/faqs/faq_registration.htm#11

Man, you are good! Wow. That is some find.

The key is that he wasn't simply processed. His arrest created a response from the team investigating the Delphi murders, which is a very specific group. That specific law enforcement response keeps leading me back to a by-name alert.

Man, you are good! Wow. That is some find.

The key is that he wasn't simply processed. His arrest created a response from the team investigating the Delphi murders, which is a very specific group. That specific law enforcement response keeps leading me back to a by-name alert.

I try :)

I didn't think we (Californians) sounded different?? I think everyone else in the country has accents!

<snipped due to image quantity restriction (who knew?!)>

Then how about some tomatoes.... :tomato:

:laughcry:

Sorry - just trying to "lighten" up the thread!

Now... continuing to read - lots to catch up on here!

Hmm, tomatoes are starting to be out of season.

Throw grapes, and we can make some wine. (It ought to be ready by the time we get some news.)

Delphi police say they have enough evidence to convict. So either they include him or exclude him. This case is further along than when they were serving a SW on RL.

http://www.wlfi.com/story/36134334/...dence-six-months-after-delphi-double-homicide

I also want to point this out from this article.

"The question is: Do we have DNA? Yea, we have DNA. We're just still working on determining what kind of DNA. Is it the victims? Is it the known family members or is it our suspect?" said Holeman.

Followed this case since the beginning and the one thing that sticks out to me is the way BG wears his jeans. I say this because when I look at the pictures of BG on that bridge I can't help but notice that they are obviously to big for him. They are also long and kinda sit a bit below his waist. When comparing the pictures of DN recently his seem to worn the same way. What is the likelihood?

Which mugshot are you comparing to the sketch? One is a spitting image imo. I told you what CO LE said - there were similarities but they didn't specify. Could be the hatchet, the .22 bullet, the likeness, the body half buried etc, we don't know because they have not (and will not) elaborate.

The photo of the suspect, and the photo taken by one of the victims on the bridge. I see no similarity and I highly doubt that the photo of the suspect on the bridge led to a tip about the suspect.

Followed this case since the beginning and the one thing that sticks out to me is the way BG wears his jeans. I say this because when I look at the pictures of BG on that bridge I can't help but notice that they are obviously to big for him. They are also long and kinda sit a bit below his waist. When comparing the pictures of DN recently his seem to worn the same way. What is the likelihood?

Quite high and quite common IMO.

I look the same way on most cool days. Mine are Wrangler Relaxed Fit 43 / 32. On any given day they may sit lower depending on my weight flux by even a pound. Depending on what shoes they may bunch around the ankles.

Unremarkable to me. In fact I am unremarkable, LOL

JMO

I agree - DN is a POI due to many factors just like RL, who seems to have lied about is whereabouts on 2/13 to try and evade getting caught for driving while suspended.
It's encouraging that the ISP say they have the evidence to convict even while waffling about DNA at the same time. That to me means when they find the perpetrator they are going to know it. Trace evidence takes longer than DNA to process...and who knows if they have even finished the DNA processing of the leaves they took from the forest floor which they swept up.

LOL! As I understand your meaning its not just the length and bagginess, its the way he wears them. It's his stance in the jeans. The way they fall on his body. The similarities to me are striking. And yes my husband jeans fall the same way depending on his weight as well. Of course this is JMO.

I think I saw a video when they interviewed the former employer/landlord and it was combined with the eviction/small claims for damages.
I don't think the police were called on any of his hatchet outbursts or threatening bodily harm, keying of car or harm to livestock. I wish a report had been filed on every single offense.

I think it depends on the man. My dad prefers his jeans to be tight. My husband, however, always wears about 2 sizes too big for him and they always rest below his waist. He keeps them up with a belt. For many men, as well as women, fit is in an issue. They will fit in the waist, for example, but be too long in the leg. Or they'll fit length-wise and not fit in the waist. I live in a rural area and our shopping options are not varied. We all pretty much wear the same kind of jeans from the same 5 stores.

In other words, I think the likelihood of wearing jeans in such a way is very high.

Can I ask to any experts on the matter...I would think that DN would of been charged by now especially since he admitted he had a rifle in his trunk. Would we not know if that gun had been recently fired? Would there be some kind of per say "footprint" that would indicate this was the gun used on the cyclist? Do we know that the gun DN spoke of was actually a rifle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7