IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roxie Bortner has already confirmed most of KN’s statements: https://www.wthr.com/article/state-...o-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case

This article (and others) makes it clear that weekly check-ins were required precisely because DN was homeless at the time. Hard to believe DN would lie about being homeless. It made his life more difficult, not less.

The picture is becoming clearer. Around the time of the murders, DN had nowhere to go and no means to get anywhere if he did want to go. He relied on the Bortners and KN (probably out of the goodness of her heart) for food, company, and, on occasion, a place to sleep. Nothing connects DN to Delphi. This is all a dead end.

I don't see how on god's earth they can let unleash him on the public, if he's not talking I have to wonder why. If I was accused I would talk like crazy, i would know my innocence and talk day and night with no apprehension and no holds barred...I would give my cheek for DNA, I would boldly dare them to find a connection, any at all. I would be an open book for the well being of my children.

seems like this is not the case in the case of Daniel Nations. Detectives have to go it alone. Why is that do you thinK? MOO

I'm not privy to the video or transcript of what transpired in the interrogation room, so I'll withhold judgement.

man, the car even looks sad. MOO

Thanks to everyone who brought the red car post forward for me to see. I look at that car and wonder how in the world it could have even made it from Indiana to Colorado. Geez!

Thanks for the help on the photo everyone. Deeply appreciated. It is hard to keep up even when I can check everyday but leave town for 5 days and I am totally, totally behind.

Roxie Bortner has already confirmed most of KN’s statements: https://www.wthr.com/article/state-...o-interview-person-of-interest-in-delphi-case

This article (and others) makes it clear that weekly check-ins were required precisely because DN was homeless at the time. Hard to believe DN would lie about being homeless. It made his life more difficult, not less.

The picture is becoming clearer. Around the time of the murders, DN had nowhere to go and no means to get anywhere if he did want to go. He relied on the Bortners and KN (probably out of the goodness of her heart) for food, company, and, on occasion, a place to sleep. Nothing connects DN to Delphi. This is all a dead end.

The Bortners said he was using their sons car to sleep in - maybe he had access - LE will know by now,

Nowhere to go? No means to get there? He was all over place. He had everywhere to go and many ways to get there. He didn't ever stay in one place too long. He was homeless, out of work and had supposedly split with his wife the week before the murders. He had a lot of time on his hands. Dead end is right. Why do you think they fled to a rural trail in Colorado? Sightseeing in that red car? With a 3 month old and a small child and all their wordly possessions? Hatchet man was attacking people on the same trail where Tim Watkins body lay half buried dead from a .22 caliber bullet. Did they mention they found a .22 caliber gun in the trunk of that little red car? And a hatchet in his pocket like usual?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Whether DN did this or not, I agree with you. Where Tim was murdered/where DN was menacing and threatening with a hatchet (Mt Herman Road in Monument) is about 40 minutes from where they were found in Woodland Park and arrested a few days later. Somehow or another, they got around pretty easily. I would think that if i were broke and homeless, a 40 mile drive (which in the Denver/Springs area can easily become 120 minutes) would just be way too far. But not for DN apparently.

Nowhere to go? No means to get there? He was all over place. He had everywhere to go and many ways to get there. He didn't ever stay in one place too long. He was homeless, out of work and had supposedly split with his wife the week before the murders. He had a lot of time on his hands. Dead end is right. Why do you think they fled to a rural trail in Colorado? Sightseeing in that red car? With a 3 month old and a small child and all their wordly possessions? Hatchet man was attacking people on the same trail where Tim Watkins body lay half buried dead from a .22 caliber bullet. Did they mention they found a .22 caliber gun in the trunk of that little red car? And a hatchet in his pocket like usual?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

I don't see how on god's earth they can let unleash him on the public, if he's not talking I have to wonder why. If I was accused I would talk like crazy, i would know my innocence and talk day and night with no apprehension and no holds barred...I would give my cheek for DNA, I would boldly dare them to find a connection, any at all. I would be an open book for the well being of my children.

seems like this is not the case in the case of Daniel Nations. Detectives have to go it alone. Why is that do you thinK?

MOO

No way would I talk, especially if I were innocent. They could do it all through my lawyers. Innocent people find themselves in a heap of trouble every day by believing they can "talk" their way into belief. My kids' grandfather found himself the prime suspect in a murder case because he was innocent and naively believed that if he was an "open book" in front of interregators that he would be dropped. Although he was innocent, and the real killer wss caught and admitted the crime, he still lost his job, friends, and church membership because of what happened. I don't even handle speeding tickets without a lawyer. When they say "everything you say can and will be used against you", they're not kidding.

I reccomend watching THE CONFESSION TAPES.

seems like this is not the case in the case of Daniel Nations. Detectives have to go it alone. Why is that do you thinK?

MOO

I always thought the same thing. Until I helped in a couple of false accusation cases.
You assume if you talk to the cops they will understand and clear you.
However, if the cops have already decided that you are guilty... they are just looking for evidence to verify that.

I've watched cops turn down a polygraph, interview and GPS alibi because it doesn't fit their narrative.
I've watched prosecutors find evidence that proves someone innocent, so they just don't use it.

Luckily there are many ethical prosecutors who drop cases when they realize they are wrong.
However... if you are unlucky enough to get a crappy detective and a prosecutor trying to make a name for himself?
Well.... confirmatory bias has falsely convicted too many people. :twocents:

No way would I talk, especially if I were innocent. They could do it all through my lawyers. Innocent people find themselves in a heap of trouble every day by believing they can "talk" their way into belief. My kids' grandfather found himself the prime suspect in a murder case because he was innocent and naively believed that if he was an "open book" in front of interregators that he would be dropped. Although he was innocent, and the real killer wss caught and admitted the crime, he still lost his job, friends, and church membership because of what happened. I don't even handle speeding tickets without a lawyer. When they say "everything you say can and will be used against you", they're not kidding.

I reccomend watching THE CONFESSION TAPES.

Really? Where I live we are not scared of law enforcement.

OT: I’m just stopping by to alert everyone that there is a major catastrophe happening in the California wine country fires. At least 23 have died, thousands have lost their homes and businesses, including wineries, and possibly 500 are missing. This is affecting WSers. Support on the thread is needed. Thank you.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...dfires-Deaths-Hundreds-of-Buildings-Destroyed
I saw it on the news. Scary as hell. It looks like a horror flick.

If they were separated, and DN was living under a bridge (as he says) then where and when did KN pick him up in her car to go to his RSO check in? This seems like something very important to know! And how did they contact each other if they weren't living together and he was living under a bridge? And where did they watch this "disgusting" news together about the murders if they were separated? A local bar? This doesn't make sense to me unless they weren't really separated.
Excellent points. And how did they communicate if they were not living together? Does he have a phone?

Has someone given him an alibi for the 13th? I must have missed that. We now know how he got to his check in appointment which makes him more of a POI not less IMO. I think he hitched to Lafayette (possibly RL) and called her to come and pick him up somewhere between Lafayette and Martinsville. She will now have to tell police where and when she picked him up - that is clear as a bell. She cannot keep giving snippets to press (probably for cash) in a murder investigation. It is disgusting iMO, in her own words, there are two families waiting to find out.

DN is sitting in the car all by himself. It goes to show that he does borrow the car.
Yes and he is driving past the searchers who are looking for TW. TW's friend has seen him go by a couple of times so takes this picture. This proves without doubt that he borrows and drives miles by himself with a gun in the boot of KN's car. And again he is caught on camera and it leads to his arrest.

A thought! What if KN and DN stated that they were separated and a subsequent divorce petition was filed for the purpose of obtaining welfare?
I'm just having trouble believing they were truly separated but stated such for other reasons, perhaps monetary.
This thinking makes better sense to me.
Then, perhaps while she was having her ultrasound he didn't go because it wouldn't fit into their "separated" story for medical state aid and subsequentt welfare money for another child. So, DN was dropped off somewhere while KN was otherwise occupied.
Just forming a possible scenario.
But this "separated" story doesn't seem true to me for a variety of reasons.

Has someone given him an alibi for the 13th? I must have missed that. We now know how he got to his check in appointment which makes him more of a POI not less IMO. I think he hitched to Lafayette (possibly RL) and called her to come and pick him up somewhere between Lafayette and Martinsville. She will now have to tell police where and when she picked him up - that is clear as a bell. She cannot keep giving snippets to press (probably for cash) in a murder investigation. It is disgusting iMO, in her own words, there are two families waiting to find out.
Someone had asked earlier what others thought LE might be thinking about KN FB posts and her latest interview.She has been living and travelling with him.If she was going to be any kind of witness against Daniel,they would have told her specifically not to make public statements or even talk about it period.I think they don't stop her because they actually want to hear what she slips up and says.For all we know,the Alexis McAdams interview was edited by the ISP which might explain it's "weirdness".

A thought! What if KN and DN stated that they were separated and a subsequent divorce petition was filed for the purpose of obtaining welfare?
I'm just having trouble believing they were truly separated but stated such for other reasons, perhaps monetary.
This thinking makes better sense to me.
Then, perhaps while she was having her ultrasound he didn't go because it wouldn't fit into their "separated" story for medical state aid and subsequentt welfare money for another child. So, DN was dropped off somewhere while KN was otherwise occupied.
Just forming a possible scenario.
But this "separated" story doesn't seem true to me for a variety of reasons.
Not sure about other places,but that happens around here all the time.I've seen at least two divorces just based on that and alot of couples just simply don't get married because of it.It's not just the monthly benefits,it's also the taxes.I've seen single parents bring in 12-13 thousand dollars on taxes on top of monthly benefits.And usually the father isn't reported as living in the household,or monthly's would go down significantly.

Not sure about other places,but that happens around here all the time.I've seen at least two divorces just based on that and alot of couples just simply don't get married because of it.It's not just the monthly benefits,it's also the taxes.I've seen single parents bring in 12-13 thousand dollars on taxes on top of monthly benefits.And usually the father isn't reported as living in the household,or monthly's would go down significantly.

This is where my mind is going......working the system. That's why KN story doesn't jive. Because there is something to hide. And imo, at least this "separation" story. I think my next question is where and date and time was KN's Dr. appt. on the 13th? Then I have a slew of more questions surrounding those answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dark spaces