IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't reply with quote to a locked thread, can you?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
I just tried, there's no Reply With Quote option. Bummer, it was a good post by JazzTune.

[FONT=&quot]COLORADO SPRINGS -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Daniel Nations was in court today for an advisement hearing after reports of a man with a hatchet threatening people in the Mount Herman and Monument area. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nations is facing multiple charges including Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment and Reckless Endangerment. Nations is being held on three different cases with his bond amount totaling $20,000.

http://www.koaa.com/story/36673743/...day-for-threats-with-hatchet-in-monument-area

[/FONT]

In reference to Daey34 's comment about DN not being able to hold on to valuables for a long time....perhaps what they pawned had been recently stolen by the couple in Colorado. That may be how they lived. From heist to heist.

I think that's highly probable. They could have been pawning something of Tim's. They were at a pawnshop 40 miles from where he was killed. Could've had something of his or another theft. Whatever it was, the pawnshop owner said he barely got enough for a tank of gas. We do know that.

In reference to Daey34 's comment about DN not being able to hold on to valuables for a long time....perhaps what they pawned had been recently stolen by the couple in Colorado. That may be how they lived. From heist to heist.

I agree, I also see some kind of attitude in the sketch. But I also see the way DN's mugshots change. He's had so many over the course of the last ten years or so and these aren't normal aging changes. (Sometimes I think he's deliberately trying to alter his features by raising his eyebrows or sticking his chin out. Others he just looks different, even his jaw line.) Maybe the sketch is reflective of rage. Not full blown rage but simmering under the surface. That is if he is BG and if the witness(es) contributing toward the sketch encountered him on the trail that day. I firmly believe whomever took the girls' lives was in a state of rage when they did it.

JMO...
I keep thinking about how different he looks in his various mugshots and “he’s a chameleon” keeps going through my head. I look more like photos of me taken decades ago than this guy does in 10 years of mugshots! In some of them it’s hard to believe it’s the same man in both pictures.

What you said makes sense - that he might be deliberately trying to change his look.

And that makes me wonder why he would do it...

Here it is REACHER:

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/true-crime-tuesday-murdered-bridge

What I'm going to mention now is not related to DN, or the current discussion about him.

It was something Abby's mom said on the recent Dr. Oz show, linked above, that I had never heard before.

Dr. Oz had asked her what it's like as a mom to see the photos of her daughter, and also hearing the audio on Libby's phone. How she processed all of it.

I've listened repeatedly to her answer. It was a bit rambling which is understandable, but I will try to quote it:

"When we sat there as the girls were first missing, and we had gotten the picture off ICloud, as far as that picture, that last picture on the bridge, the first thing I said to Becky is, she is so grounded! I cannot believe they crossed that bridge! I'm terrified of heights to begin with. And just for me it was just oh! Because at that point it was - they're in big trouble! They're in big trouble..."

The reason I bring this up is because so many people wondered how parents could be comfortable with allowing their children to cross that bridge.

The assumption being, that since the girls went there frequently, crossing that bridge would not have been a big deal to them or their families.

Listening to Anna's words though tells me a different story. The girls did not have approval to cross the bridge.

Probably a moot point now, but this brings up questions for me. Dr. Oz says they were dropped off at the entrance to the north end. The photo was on the south end of the bridge.

Did they routinely walk across that bridge without their parents' awareness?

Is it possible they did not walk across it? Could they have found a dry path underneath to the other side?

This is all conjecture. Nothing to support it. Just a thought that's been bothering me though. Probably means nothing anyway.

It just seems every aspect of this case eats at me. These girls are always in my thoughts. In the middle of a project, they come to mind unbidden. I stop and pause. Gather my thoughts...

Always pondering, why did this horrible tragedy happen?!

Justice must come for these girls!

JMO

ETA: For some reason, although I linked the video I was watching of the girls' families, it links instead to the main link of a discussion of food. Underneath, it shows the correct videos of the families which can be easily accessed.

Maybe they never crossed the bridge. Maybe they only got on to take the picture and got off. JMO

Or they normally wouldn't have gone all the way across it but they did that day because BG was following them and that's the only way they could get away from him. LE mentioned the girls speaking of the man behind them.
Maybe they never crossed the bridge. Maybe they only got on to take the picture and got off. JMO

Can someone please post a link that says LE definitely found Libby's phone.

JazzTune, I couldn’t reply directly to your quote about Anna Williams’ statement.
It makes me sick inside knowing that the worst thing that should have happened that day, was Abby getting grounded for crossing the bridge & instead....she is murdered[emoji174] Makes me physically ill & that much more angry that this monster ripped those girls away from their families[emoji35] MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Anna Williams made that statement, did Libby’s grandparents respond? Was it their understanding that the girls would never cross the bridge? I thought that crossing the bridge was the whole point of going.

His bond was upped to 20k.

I see some upsurge in concern for Daniel Nations being the hatchet guy. I was worried his bond was set too low, not that it truly matters in the end, since he doesn’t have any money or any one to bail him out, no matter how low the bail is set, but this is an interesting development.

Last night, or a couple of nights ago, we discussed Tim Watkins’ shoe being found on a road (Mount Herman Road). I know we have some sleuthers here good with maps!

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Se...in-biker-missing-since-Sept-14-445114943.html

Katelyn said the family was driving down Mount Herman Road in August or September, she couldn't remember the date, when a passing truck took a corner too fast and edged into their lane. Daniel whipped the car to the right to avoid crashing, but the maneuver brought the vehicle dangerously close to tumbling off the side, Katelyn said.

"That set him off," Katelyn said. "He jumped out and took off screaming after them, but I was so scared about what happened I never looked back. If he had a hatchet, I never saw it."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

Bringing this info over from the previous thread, but putting it together here.

After Anna Williams made that statement, did Libby’s grandparents respond? Was it their understanding that the girls would never cross the bridge? I thought that crossing the bridge was the whole point of going.

I wish we knew if Libby's grandparents felt the same about the girls walking across the bridge. They didn't say, but honesty, I'm not sure they even had the chance.

As soon as Abby's mother finished speaking, Nancy Grace jumped in and asked all of them how were they getting through this? How did they get themselves up and going in the morning? When did they miss the girls the most?

That's where the conversation went from that point. Their replies were heartrending.

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/true-crime-tuesday-murdered-bridge

This is the link again if you'd like to watch. Though the link consists of 12 clips, the girls' families are on Clip 9 & 10.

I think many people would agree with you that the point of the girls going was to walk across the bridge. That's why Abby's mom's response sort of startled me. I wasn't expecting that.

Reflecting though on it, it seems all I remember reading is that they went to hang out, take pictures, and walk around. Maybe the walking around just meant - walking around. Not walking across the bridge at all.

It's just something that has really nagged at me ever since I heard it.

JMO

Maybe they weren’t supposed to cross the bridge. Not sure how far the drop off point was to it, but it would have to be tempting for the girls to cross it, especially if it was part of the trail.

Maybe they weren’t supposed to cross the bridge. Not sure how far the drop off point was to it, but it would have to be tempting for the girls to cross it, especially if it was part of the trail.

It was discussed in the early threads that the bridge was not part of the trail system. It was still owned by the railroad and was private property. IIRC after the girls’ deaths, there was talk about repairing the bridge, installing safety rails and incorporating it into the trail system.

JMO...
My feeling is the girls had spent time on the trails before and said they were going to take pictures of the bridge, the insinuation being photos from the end of the trail of the bridge like the empty bridge photo from Libby’s SC before the photo of Abby. Once they were there, unsupervised, they decided to cross the bridge and continue taking photos.

I don’t think they crossed the bridge because of BG. I think they were being daring teenagers exercising their freedom. I think they encountered BG before they started crossing the bridge, and didn’t become frightened until they saw him starting across after them. The SC photo of Abby looks too relaxed and meandering to be crossing the bridge to escape BG.

JMO.

I keep looking at the mug shot of DN and the artist rendition of BG. While there are certainly similarities I think the one thing that keeps throwing me is the difference it makes me feel. BG artist rendition shows more of an arrogance imo while DN mug shots shows more of a goofiness imo. Hard as I try they just give me completely different vibes.

Count me in the group that didn't have an immediate "that's him!" response when I first viewed the mugshots of DN.

I agree with your assessment. If I had to come up with another way to say it: BG sketch= calculating, DN mug= impulsive

Just my opinion, based on a lifetime of sizing up people at first glance. (BTW, I've probably been "right" only about 25% of the time)

Count me in the group that didn't have an immediate "that's him!" response when I first viewed the mugshots of DN.

I agree with your assessment. If I had to come up with another way to say it: BG sketch= calculating, DN mug= impulsive

Just my opinion, based on a lifetime of sizing up people at first glance. (BTW, I've probably been "right" only about 25% of the time)

We are from the same area. Probably neighbors. ;-)

Hey!

kizzykat - thanks for the updates. I did not have the Nov. 1st appearance listing! Very much appreciated! :wave:

and today another appearance:

Wednesday, October 25th:
*First Appearance Hearing @ 8:30am PT for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & reckless endangerment, attempted trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $20K bond. next hearing "First Appearance" on Nov. 1st @ 8:30am.
Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings scheduled for 11/2 @ 8:30am (Dispositional Hearing) & 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K
"Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7