IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great interview and commentary if you will from the Sheriff. It's something one should hear, to really get his tone of voice. As another poster stated as soon as this was posted on the threads.

BBM
I don't know why this has been ignored.
Thanks for your hard work as always.

I always make sure I stop and read Bird of Paradise's posts clearly. She/he is always subjective and insightful and their posts have really made me reevaluate certain opinions I've gained about some things. Even if I don't necessarily agree at first, I am thankful for posters like that.

The family doesn’t seem to be speaking out about DN so maybe they know more now about whether he was involved. Also AG is saying that the DNA is a match for DN and he swears on his life that a reliable source from LE told him that.
What?
Who is AG?
Is this a rumor or did LE state something about DNA?

What?
Who is AG?
Is this a rumor or did LE state something about DNA?

Greeno, I think? And no way would he know. I don't buy that. (My opinion, based on the things I've seen him say/post over the past few months.)

Greeno says this and that he is going to Colorado to interview DN. He sent him a postcard to the jail and DN allegedly agreed to talk with him. Who knows if this is a rumor. There have been so many twists and turns but the quietness of the family speaks volumes imo.

Greeno says this and that he is going to Colorado to interview DN. He sent him a postcard to the jail and DN allegedly agreed to talk with him. Who knows if this is a rumor. There have been so many twists and turns but the quietness of the family speaks volumes imo.

IMO, the quietness of the family either means that they know very little (common, in these kinds of cases) or because they honestly have nothing to say. In a case such as this one, most people are on a need to know basis. There are even certain members of LE working the case that don't always have ALL the details. As frank and open with details as some of the family members have been on social media, answering questions and setting the record straight, I could totally see LE being hesitant to provide them with information that would be at risk for sharing-or giving it to anyone else, for that matter.

My posts are short since I lose them generally on this site. This is the second try posting. So ignore the size if this comes out wonky.
Thanks, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him. He's pretty low to insert himself and talk about DNA like that, if so. We are not a rumor based forum however, this is mixed territory with that guy.

Agree on the family, tough times for them. That's who I think about.

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

Since we haven't been able to hear DN speak my next question for anyone interviewing DN would be:

Is DN right or left handed?

Please feel free to add additional questions to mine. We could give a list to Greeno to ask DN if he interviews him again.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I can't see bail being reduced,if LE has murder charges up their sleeves.

o

I agree, LE appears to be at a dead end with this-- they havent seemed interested since returning from CO.
Considering that DNs act has a mollifying effect on authorites I hope they are checking themselves in listenting to him -- not being conned by his wide eyed not too smart - innocent act.

DN has no alibi, he had means, opportunity and motivation (following through on escalating criminal acts) but as LE says there is no DNA, trace or hard evidence.

If DN is the killer he gets away --

AND WHY is the judge reducing bail? Half of DN's current offences are due to failure to appears. He skips out on court.

Also it seem to me that menacing a person with an axe alone should be more bail --- than 6,800 dollars, a bail bondsman would charge DN 680 dollars to post bail and free him on bond.

o

I agree, LE appears to be at a dead end with this-- they havent seemed interested since returning from CO.
Considering that DNs act has a mollifying effect on authorites I hope they are checking themselves in listenting to him -- not being conned by his wide eyed not too smart - innocent act.

DN has no alibi, he had means, opportunity and motivation (following through on escalating criminal acts) but as LE says there is no DNA, trace or hard evidence.

If DN is the killer he gets away --

AND WHY is the judge reducing bail? Half of DN's current offences are due to failure to appears. He skips out on court.

Also it seem to me that menacing a person with an axe alone should be more bail --- than 6,800 dollars, a bail bondsman would charge DN 680 dollars to post bail and free him on bond.

I keep seeing mentioned here that DN doesn't have an alibi for the date. Where did that comment originate, do you know? I don't recall LE stating it as a fact. If they did, can you point me to a quote? Nor have I seen that he had means or that he was in the vicinity of Delphi. Again, if LE said this, I'd be most eager to read.

TIA

I posted this a couple of days ago. This is the part where he speaks directly about DN

"I don't think there's been an exact determination with his involvement at this stage, at his stage nothing has really come forward to lead us to believe he is involved but we don't have anything concrete."
That being said about DN. The sheriff is also the one that said RL is still involved,but not a suspect.Those words are why RL is off the table here at WS now and deemed "cleared" by the mods.Just for clarification,does WS now feel that DN has been cleared by the Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. and should we continue to talk about him? Taking the words from the sheriff at face value,RL is more involved in this case than DN.
BBM for the involvement comparison.

That being said about DN. The sheriff is also the one that said RL is still involved,but not a suspect.Those words are why RL is off the table here at WS now and deemed "cleared" by the mods.Just for clarification,does WS now feel that DN has been cleared by the Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. and should we continue to talk about him? Taking the words from the sheriff at face value,RL is more involved in this case than DN.
BBM for the involvement comparison.

Hi Imno,

And to add to your comment, correct me if I'm wrong, but DN has never been named a suspect has he?

You made a statement as fact and I asked for your source.

There is nothing in TOS against asking someone to cite a source. In fact it is required by TOS.

I have been here since day one posting on this thread and know every inch of this case as many here do.

The last few days have been spent picking apart DN in an effort to make him BG. This aside from the fact Sheriff Leazenby stated they have nothing to connect him to this case.

This site used to be one that a person had to provide a MSM link to back up a statement. Or if someone was only providing an opinion to state that as well.
Is that the "nothing concrete" interview as I call it? He didn't say they "have nothing" but "have nothing concrete" which has a different meaning. As usual, with the sheriff, it is non committal imo.
As DN is a POI, it is allowed to continue discussing him ("picking apart") . The Sheriff only has to declare him no longer a POI and it would stop. So why not do that instead of waffling? It is because they have nothing concrete to rule him out yet imo. No alibi, no results back, no voice match. However, they have eye witnesses so we will have to wait to find out what they think, I guess.
Eta. Those are opinions on the alibi, results and voice btw. Based on the fact he would be ruled out by an alibi (e.g. from KN's ultra sound ).
We did hear from KN that the car and all their clothes had been taken by LE so forensics will have been done on them and may well still be in process so that is another point regarding the delay.

It has already been reduced in the El Paso charges - by two thirds from $25k to only $6.8k. This could be interpreted to mean he is not a POI in the TW or Delphi murders. We will have to see whether they do the same with the Teller $25k bail.

I keep seeing mentioned here that DN doesn't have an alibi for the date. Where did that comment originate, do you know? I don't recall LE stating it as a fact. If they did, can you point me to a quote? Nor have I seen that he had means or that he was in the vicinity of Delphi. Again, if LE said this, I'd be most eager to read.

TIA

By deduction. LE has said they can neither include or exclude DN as a suspect in the Delphi murders. If he had a solid alibi, they COULD exclude him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIA

If DN had an alibi they would be able to exclude him.

"Indiana investigators traveled to El Paso County, Colo., earlier this month and interviewed Nations, but found no information that would specifically “include or exclude” him as a possible suspect, according to FOX59."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/26/person-interest-in-murders-indiana-teens-charged-in-colorado-case.html

It has already been reduced in the El Paso charges - by two thirds from $25k to only $6.8k. This could be interpreted to mean he is not a POI in the TW or Delphi murders. We will have to see whether they do the same with the Teller $25k bail.

Actually it was $20K to $6.8K; and I believe Teller is $15K - not sure - "where" did you get these bail amounts of $25K?? TIA! :wave:

today - in Teller County:

Thursday, November 2nd:
*Dispositional Hearing @ 8:30am PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th

So from what I understand he still has NOT been charged (in El Paso County) for "attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender".

Right? TIA! :wave:

Actually it was $20K to $6.8K; and I believe Teller is $15K - not sure - "where" did you get these bail amounts of $25K?? TIA! :wave:

today - in Teller County:

Thursday, November 2nd:
*Dispositional Hearing @ 8:30am PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Next hearing 11/6 @ 1:30pm (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Now held on $6.8K bond. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
11/1 update El Paso: Bail reduced from $20K to $6.8K (Felony Menacing: $15K to $5K, Felony Reckless Endangerment: $3K to $1K, Misdemeanor Assault: $2K to $800). Additional charges today: Trespassing & Felony Menacing Charge; Prelim hearing for Menacing charge to be heard Nov. 29th

So from what I understand he still has NOT been charged (in El Paso County) for "attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender".

Right? TIA! :wave:

O/T -- I find it appalling that a person could menace another person with a hatchet in a trail situation, where help is far away -- and have a bail of 5k for a suspect with a history of failures to appear.
5k means that $500 dollars gets him out on that charge.

Agree. The current situation in CO and LE's reaction in IN seem, imo, to cast doubt on DN being BG. Time will tell. And fwiw, I think any amount of bail $ would be difficult for an unemployed homeless man living in a car with his unemployed wife to come up with. At least I hope so for now. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro