IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people have one or possibly two hatchets in their life.
I wonder if the police have thorughly metal detected the areas surrounding the bridges he said he was living under in Indiana for tossing an item into the woods.

I also wonder how many women in Indiana might be willing to give DNA to expand the familial pool of DNA available to check against.
Right now DNA matching is restricted to a pool of people related to a criminal, or a military person serving after 1991.

So, DN had 2 to 3 in a couple of months?

RE: hatchet, IN murders and possible DNA on it. We know from comments made to MSM that two different IN witnesses say DN had a hatchet in IN and that he damaged property with it and threatened at least one person. That was as recent as 2015. But in the youtube interview KN tells a different version. She indicates the entire time she's known him (married 6 years this month per KN) he only had a hatchet in CO. (One could argue she wasn't living with him when IN hatchet threats occurred. However, that appears disproved in first source linked below, video at :40 mark shows images employer took of their apartment DN trashed, there are baby items including a crib and toys, indicating KN + child were living there as well.) In youtube interview she mentions which retailers he bought hatchets from in CO. If her statement about the purchases in CO is true, what happened to the hatchet(s) witnesses saw him with in IN? Also, IF he is BG, and IF a hatchet were a weapon in Delphi, it would seem that weapon was no longer in his possession in May when they left for CO, since he supposedly needed to buy new ones out west. MOO
Sources below.

"once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around." (Per linked article he was hired Spring 2015.) http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former landlord, Randy Hamilton, also accused Daniel of having "a zero-tolerance temper," according to The Journal and Courier. Hamilton, who rented a house to the Nations family in Martinsville, Ind., recalled seeing Daniel chop trees and a chair with a hatchet during one of his fits of anger.
"He's a damn nut, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

KN comments youtube video
10:35 DN having a hatchet is brought up.
Interviewer: Why does he carry the hatchet around?
KN: "He was born in the mountains of North Carolina so he's, he's very fond of being out in the woods, he was a vivid [sic] hunter when I first met him, so he's all for being outdoors for long periods of time.
Interviewer: And that's why he carries the hatchet?
KN: Well, you know, he didn't carry it all the time. Like when I first met him, that wasn't a situation. The only time that he's had it, had a hatchet or axe, was while we were here in Colorado. Because we were living homeless and camping. So obviously you know it was used for firewood and whatnot.
(subject change, FF to 22:08 mark)
Interviewer: Ok, with the hatchet, did he just carry the hatchet or did he have like uh something that he would carry it in?
KN: Um, well he's had two since we've been in Colorado. Um, the first one was a orange and black one, from Walmart, did not have a case for it. Uh the second one was a yellow and black one that I think he got from Tractor Supply, and that one didn't have a case either.
(subject changes)
BBM

I’ve always wondered why buy two?
They are broke, living in a car, .. and one isn’t good enough? It would be a waste of precious money to have two.

And where did his Indiana hatchet run off to? For someone who seems so determined to own two when he is broke I would venture that he wouldn’t just throw Indiana hatchet away . Unless he had a good reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always wondered why buy two?
They are broke, living in a car, .. and one isn’t good enough? It would be a waste of precious money to have two.

And where did his Indiana hatchet run off to? For someone who seems so determined to own two when he is broke I would venture that he wouldn’t just throw Indiana hatchet away . Unless he had a good reason...

RBBM

Collecting hatchets may be a hobby to DN. Some people collect knives. My brother collects guns.

Also, if DN has spurts of temper, he may have wrecked some of these hatchets in a fit of rage.

Just a thought.

Why would someone go thru so many hatchets in such a short period of time? It's not like he was a lumberjack or something!

If he's homeless, he likely uses it to cut up wood every day.

I completely agree.

If there is any damage to the blade (gouges, etc) it would make a unique pattern, as opposed to a blade without any damage that would make a ‘clean’ mark. It could then be matched up to the wounds on a body to further incriminate the person in possession of it. Kinda like the wear pattern on the soles of shoes or on tires matching up to footprints or tire tracks.

Just thinking out loud...

Unless the hatchet was new .. then used a lot after a crime. Non of the current, existing marks would show up on a victim.

I dont recall LE saying anything about the killer having a fanny pack. I may have missed it. Can you please provide the link? TY

A52 found this from a previous post here in WS by Suglo.

Nerissa Knight from Crime Watch Daily reports here on Facebook that Indiana State Police Sgt. Slocum told her "that investigators believe the suspect was also wearing a brown fanny pack around his waist."

https://www.facebook.com/crimewatchd...3647450660042/

DN just does not resemble the bridge pic to me, moo. I realize from the mugshots DN's appearance varies...BG on the bridge just looks older and fatter to me, but again the image is not clear and I realize he could have layers on, etc.

I am still not sold on DN; however it's very suspicious he was living under bridges at the time. And is a hunter. And an RSO. And in Indiana at the time. And threatening people in the woods, killed TW etc. So yes, he makes for an excellent suspect. No disputing that. But I've seen plenty of viable suspects/POIs in plenty of cases. Doesn't mean it is them, moo.

The hatchet cover links posted upstream are interesting. Particularly the brown leather/suede ones.

Again, I've seen so many crazy coincidences on WS that I will not be surprised at all if DN is not BG.

I guess right now I'm at 50/50. Or 51/49 in favor of DN being BG...no, 60/40.

Why can't they match (or not match) the voice?? Anyone? Surely he has had to speak by now...

RBBM

Collecting hatchets may be a hobby to DN. Some people collect knives. My brother collects guns.

Also, if DN has spurts of temper, he may have wrecked some of these hatchets in a fit of rage.

Just a thought.

I don't think DN collected hatchets, what with being homeless often, where would he keep his collection?
However, if he did collect them LE would have his collection and could test them all for DNA.
I have a feeling he tossed them along roadsides, in forests, parks, etc. His "used" hatchets could be anywhere!

I don't think DN collected hatchets, what with being homeless often, where would he keep his collection?
However, if he did collect them LE would have his collection and could test them all for DNA.
I have a feeling he tossed them along roadsides, in forests, parks, etc. His "used" hatchets could be anywhere!

And Israel Keyes buried some of his kill kits...

DN just does not resemble the bridge pic to me, moo. I realize from the mugshots DN's appearance varies...BG on the bridge just looks older and fatter to me, but again the image is not clear and I realize he could have layers on, etc.

I am still not sold on DN; however it's very suspicious he was living under bridges at the time. And is a hunter. And an RSO. And in Indiana at the time. And threatening people in the woods, killed TW etc. So yes, he makes for an excellent suspect. No disputing that. But I've seen plenty of viable suspects/POIs in plenty of cases. Doesn't mean it is them, moo.

The hatchet cover links posted upstream are interesting. Particularly the brown leather/suede ones.

Again, I've seen so many crazy coincidences on WS that I will not be surprised at all if DN is not BG.

I guess right now I'm at 50/50. Or 51/49 in favor of DN being BG...no, 60/40.

Why can't they match (or not match) the voice?? Anyone? Surely he has had to speak by now...

I listened to the voice over and over just yesterday. It's not much to go on.

I dont recall LE saying anything about the killer having a fanny pack. I may have missed it. Can you please provide the link? TY
It is stated in the media thread. I will edit to add the date and page number.

Eta it is post #37 in the media thread, dated 25 feb on page 3 poster name Suglo.
I see Savoy6 has already beat me to it. Thanks Savoy.

I wonder what the dates were that DN bought the 2 hatchets in CO KN spoke of. For instance, ML went missing 09-24-17, her car found in a park parking lot near Colorado Springs. Had a hatchet recently been purchased by DN?
Did LE confiscate both of the hatchets from the car when he was arrested? Was there only one in the car? When was that one purchased?
I suppose it's a long shot to link DN to the missing woman, but I can't help but wonder, under the circumstances.

A thought just occurred to me:

As I've mentioned before I have some experience communicating/hanging with a lot of homeless people. They very often travel in pairs or packs.

So, IF DN was not particularly knowlegable about Delphi/Monan Bridge, maybe someone with whom he was traveling was/is. Again, you guys did well with isolating RR points of interest, etc.

I have not watched KN's video interview yet, doing that now. (I can't remember, are we allowed to discuss it or not? Tia.)

Lastly, KN not knowing if he was there on Feb. 13 for the ultrasound is a very big red flag,moo. I have many many doctor appointments regularly, and with a little effort can recall the circumstances and picture in my head sitting in the waiting room, making the trip, etc. Moo.

I wonder what the dates were that DN bought the 2 hatchets in CO KN spoke of. For instance, ML went missing 09-24-17, her car found in a park parking lot near Colorado Springs. Had a hatchet recently been purchased by DN?
Did LE confiscate both of the hatchets from the car when he was arrested? Was there only one in the car? When was that one purchased?
I suppose it's a long shot to link DN to the missing woman, but I can't help but wonder, under the circumstances.

I have to admit the "artifact" on the leg is supicious, moo.

Has anyone superimposed a hatchet there in the image thread?

RE: hatchet, IN murders and possible DNA on it. We know from comments made to MSM that two different IN witnesses say DN had a hatchet in IN and that he damaged property with it and threatened at least one person. That was as recent as 2015. But in the youtube interview KN tells a different version. She indicates the entire time she's known him (married 6 years this month per KN) he only had a hatchet in CO. (One could argue she wasn't living with him when IN hatchet threats occurred. However, that appears disproved in first source linked below, video at :40 mark shows images employer took of their apartment DN trashed, there are baby items including a crib and toys, indicating KN + child were living there as well.) In youtube interview she mentions which retailers he bought hatchets from in CO. If her statement about the purchases in CO is true, what happened to the hatchet(s) witnesses saw him with in IN? Also, IF he is BG, and IF a hatchet were a weapon in Delphi, it would seem that weapon was no longer in his possession in May when they left for CO, since he supposedly needed to buy new ones out west. MOO
Sources below.

"once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around." (Per linked article he was hired Spring 2015.) http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former landlord, Randy Hamilton, also accused Daniel of having "a zero-tolerance temper," according to The Journal and Courier. Hamilton, who rented a house to the Nations family in Martinsville, Ind., recalled seeing Daniel chop trees and a chair with a hatchet during one of his fits of anger.
"He's a damn nut, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

KN comments youtube video
10:35 DN having a hatchet is brought up.
Interviewer: Why does he carry the hatchet around?
KN: "He was born in the mountains of North Carolina so he's, he's very fond of being out in the woods, he was a vivid [sic] hunter when I first met him, so he's all for being outdoors for long periods of time.
Interviewer: And that's why he carries the hatchet?
KN: Well, you know, he didn't carry it all the time. Like when I first met him, that wasn't a situation. The only time that he's had it, had a hatchet or axe, was while we were here in Colorado. Because we were living homeless and camping. So obviously you know it was used for firewood and whatnot.
(subject change, FF to 22:08 mark)
Interviewer: Ok, with the hatchet, did he just carry the hatchet or did he have like uh something that he would carry it in?
KN: Um, well he's had two since we've been in Colorado. Um, the first one was a orange and black one, from Walmart, did not have a case for it. Uh the second one was a yellow and black one that I think he got from Tractor Supply, and that one didn't have a case either.
(subject changes)
BBM

Kizzy, this is an excellent recap/recall of the hatchet info. TY for putting that together for us. It is blood curdling reading in my view.

Or, a BONG to save the smoke for someone who is counting pennies??

Respectfully I doubt he's carrying around a bong. They are quite heavy, and breakable (glass). Ask me how I know lol.

Eta: margarita=unverified bong expert.

FTR: there are bong cases, hard cases and soft cases.

I have to admit the "artifact" on the leg is supicious, moo.

Has anyone superimposed a hatchet there in the image thread?

Not that I have seen. I don't know how to do it or I would do it. I hope someone does. I'll bet it totally fits! I think I can actually see the handle down his pants leg.

Respectfully I doubt he's carrying around a bong. They are quite heavy, and breakable (glass). Ask me how I know lol.

Eta: margarita=unverified bong expert.

FTR: there are bong cases, hard cases and soft cases.
How do you know?
While googling them, one came up made out of a pumpkin - I kid you not.

A thought just occurred to me:

As I've mentioned before I have some experience communicating/hanging with a lot of homeless people. They very often travel in pairs or packs.

So, IF DN was not particularly knowlegable about Delphi/Monan Bridge, maybe someone with whom he was traveling was/is. Again, you guys did well with isolating RR points of interest, etc.

I have not watched KN's video interview yet, doing that now. (I can't remember, are we allowed to discuss it or not? Tia.)

Lastly, KN not knowing if he was there on Feb. 13 for the ultrasound is a very big red flag,moo. I have many many doctor appointments regularly, and with a little effort can recall the circumstances and picture in my head sitting in the waiting room, making the trip, etc. Moo.

Hi, Margarita!

I still think if it is DN that he was either told about the bridge/trails by a co-worker or employer who knew he liked the outdoors or he overheard others at a work site talking about the bridge/trails. I’m not sure someone would even recall the conversation to call in with a tip. (JMO)

We are allowed to discuss the first KN video with G/S. I’m not sure if the second one they did with her was approved or not. I know there was discussion about the editing, and questioning whether or not her responses were edited to different questions than what was asked. I don’t recall how that discussion ended. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1