IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hatchet for firewood"per KN...

Any evidence of campfires near the IN crime scene (s)?

How do you know?
While googling them, one came up made out of a pumpkin - I kid you not.

I don't know of course...just seems unrealistic imo due to the avg size and weight...again anything is possible I suppose and I am by no means cutting down anyone's thoughts, just saying as an experienced bonger/stoner I never have carried one around...who knows though.

I wonder what the dates were that DN bought the 2 hatchets in CO KN spoke of. For instance, ML went missing 09-24-17, her car found in a park parking lot near Colorado Springs. Had a hatchet recently been purchased by DN?
Did LE confiscate both of the hatchets from the car when he was arrested? Was there only one in the car? When was that one purchased?
I suppose it's a long shot to link DN to the missing woman, but I can't help but wonder, under the circumstances.

ETA: He had it in Aug due to the menacing reports.

There were two separate clusters of menacing reports. In Aug and again in Sept. Earlier I found one article that said there were reports of a "couple" (not a man) in a car menacing with a hatchet in Aug but right now I can't find that article, just this one which only references DN and August:
August 24-25: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office receives complaints about menacing in the Mount Herman area, involving a man who was threatening bicyclists with a hatchet. Witnesses say the culprit was driving a red Chevrolet compact sedan with Indiana license plates. https://m.gazette.com/timeline-daniel-nations-major-life-events-criminal-history/article/1613704

Then the second menacing reports came in weekend of 9/16 - 17, same time as searchers were looking for TW and DN's pic in car was taken. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is investigating reports of a man threatening mountain bikers with a hatchet in the same area where mountain biker Timothy Watkins was killed. Both incidents happened over the weekend near Mount Herman Road west of Monument. The sheriff’s office would not say if they believe the crimes are related. http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/22/man-threatens-bikers-with-hatchet-colorado-springs/

KN:

"Avid hunter...All for being out in the woods for long periods of time."

ETA: He had it in Aug due to the menacing reports.

There were two separate clusters of menacing reports. In Aug and again in Sept. Earlier I found one article that said there were reports of a "couple" (not a man) in a car menacing with a hatchet in Aug but right now I can't find that article, just this one which only references DN and August:
August 24-25: The El Paso County Sheriff's Office receives complaints about menacing in the Mount Herman area, involving a man who was threatening bicyclists with a hatchet. Witnesses say the culprit was driving a red Chevrolet compact sedan with Indiana license plates. https://m.gazette.com/timeline-daniel-nations-major-life-events-criminal-history/article/1613704

Then the second menacing reports came in weekend of 9/16 - 17, same time as searchers were looking for TW and DN's pic in car was taken. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is investigating reports of a man threatening mountain bikers with a hatchet in the same area where mountain biker Timothy Watkins was killed. Both incidents happened over the weekend near Mount Herman Road west of Monument. The sheriff’s office would not say if they believe the crimes are related. http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/22/man-threatens-bikers-with-hatchet-colorado-springs/

So, he got there in July, known to have a hatchet in August, said to have purchased 2 hatchets while living in CO, TW went missing and found mid Sept., in a park people where being threatened by a hatchet man, ML went missing Sept. 24, her car found in a park. She still has not been found.
None of this might fit together, we don't know. But I'm trying to find common denominators. Now, if it is discovered that BG was indeed carrying a hatchet .......

Following.... and still hoping for an arrest this year.

"He did construction work...he would layer (clothing)"
KN

*comfortability on bridge

So per KN, he missed one doc appt, but she doesn't remember which one.

*sorry for rehash, getting caught up and taking notes.

"He did construction work...he would layer (clothing)"
KN

*comfortability on bridge

But that blue jacket.......he never had one. Did his wife?
Do we know what material that jacket is made of? Is it a windbreaker? Is it a down jacket? I can't tell. But it doesn't look to me like it has buttons or snaps, but rather small toggles.

JMO
Could the multiple hatchets be telling us something. A hatchet is a very sturdy tool that does not normally break. So if his wife has said he had multiple hatchets then why is that? Why does he keep getting rid of them and having to get new ones?

Could this be a sign he is getting rid of evidence. Or is he just losing them or maybe leaving them on purpose.

It just seems very odd to me. I have a small hatchet that I have had for about 20 years. They dont break usually.
And when they are dull you just sharpen them.

So per KN, he missed one doc appt, but she doesn't remember which one.

*sorry for rehash, getting caught up and taking notes.

I'm not believing this. If DN only missed one doc appt., and it was for an ultrasound to boot, one would remember that. I have a feeling this whole thing is just so surreal to KN. She lived with this guy, had his children, traveled with him, loved him, felt loved by him. Can you imagine taking in some of these accusations she's hearing about him? My head would spin!

JMO
Could the multiple hatchets be telling us something. A hatchet is a very sturdy tool that does not normally break. So if his wife has said he had multiple hatchets then why is that? Why does he keep getting rid of them and having to get new ones?

Could this be a sign he is getting rid of evidence. Or is he just losing them or maybe leaving them on purpose.

It just seems very odd to me. I have a small hatchet that I have had for about 20 years. They dont break usually.
And when they are dull you just sharpen them.

exactly. Now, I can imagine the wooden arm might break. Are there hatchet arm replacements?

So, he got there in July, known to have a hatchet in August, said to have purchased 2 hatchets while living in CO, TW went missing and found mid Sept., in a park people where being threatened by a hatchet man, ML went missing Sept. 24, her car found in a park. She still has not been found.
None of this might fit together, we don't know. But I'm trying to find common denominators. Now, if it is discovered that BG was indeed carrying a hatchet .......

The Gazette timeline is wrong.
TW missing 9/13
TW body found 9/17
Both menacing threats happened after 9/17. One on a group of kids rock climbing and the other on bikers. Both reports scrubbed from the media. If there was a menacing report in august it has been buried.

Per KN, he did not have a pistol/handgun around the time of the murders.

(Adding of course, that she knew of)

exactly. Now, I can imagine the wooden arm might break. Are there hatchet arm replacements?

I know for hammers with wooden handles you can get replacement handles so long as the brand is a name brand. The replacement handles come with a small metal wedge that you hammer in at the top to keep it tight against the head of the hammer.

I am not sure how hard it would be to try to find a wooden replacement hatchet handle. The one I have is made of graphite handle so it is almost indestructible. I suppose wooden handled hatchets could break the handle and I guess it could be hard to find a replacement handle so that could be one reason why he may have needed other ones.

It did sound like he used his with heavy use so if anyone was goign to break one I suppose it would be him.

I'm not believing this. If DN only missed one doc appt., and it was for an ultrasound to boot, one would remember that. I have a feeling this whole thing is just so surreal to KN. She lived with this guy, had his children, traveled with him, loved him, felt loved by him. Can you imagine taking in some of these accusations she's hearing about him? My head would spin!

You would first have to believe she is a victim, which I do not. KN has her own criminal history and if you listen to and read her interviews from the media there are many inconsistencies. The reports of menacing include a man and a woman. Witnesses reported seeing a man and a woman below the bridge in Delphi before the murders.

I know for hammers with wooden handles you can get replacement handles so long as the brand is a name brand. The replacement handles come with a small metal wedge that you hammer in at the top to keep it tight against the head of the hammer.

I am not sure how hard it would be to try to find a wooden replacement hatchet handle. The one I have is made of graphite handle so it is almost indestructible. I suppose wooden handled hatchets could break the handle and I guess it could be hard to find a replacement handle so that could be one reason why he may have needed other ones.

It did sound like he used his with heavy use so if anyone was goign to break one I suppose it would be him.

I doubt DN would have had the tools to replace a hatchet handle. It's easier to spend $15 on a new one. Most cheap ones have fiberglass or plastic handles anyway.

You would first have to believe she is a victim, which I do not. KN has her own criminal history and if you listen to and read her interviews from the media there are many inconsistencies. The reports of menacing include a man and a woman. Witnesses reported seeing a man and a woman below the bridge in Delphi before the murders.

Do you think she might be the 2nd person we've wondered about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces