IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be that they are waiting to press charges until after he retires? The case may take time and he wants to retire, so wait until then and have the new prosecutor on it?

Hmm...that's an interesting point.

And could explain why PA was confident in saying we shouldn't expect anything new on LG & AW case in the near future.

Was anything said about who would be replacing him? I'm wondering if they have an assistant PA who will step into position the first of next year. If so, hopefully that person is already up-to-speed on the case so that the transition can be seamless.

Whereas if they have to go "outside of the office" for a replacement, imo that
would cause a delay in the case if LE was ready to make an arrest before new PA was up-to-speed.

Step Uncle, I believe DN was 16 yrs old at the time. Also, note KN said the reason they went to CO was that DN had found out his brother was murdered in CO (1st murder of the year Jan 2017)

RE: hatchet, IN murders and possible DNA on it. We know from comments made to MSM that two different IN witnesses say DN had a hatchet in IN and that he damaged property with it and threatened at least one person. That was as recent as 2015. But in the youtube interview KN tells a different version. She indicates the entire time she's known him (married 6 years this month per KN) he only had a hatchet in CO. (One could argue she wasn't living with him when IN hatchet threats occurred. However, that appears disproved in first source linked below, video at :40 mark shows images employer took of their apartment DN trashed, there are baby items including a crib and toys, indicating KN + child were living there as well.) In youtube interview she mentions which retailers he bought hatchets from in CO. If her statement about the purchases in CO is true, what happened to the hatchet(s) witnesses saw him with in IN? Also, IF he is BG, and IF a hatchet were a weapon in Delphi, it would seem that weapon was no longer in his possession in May when they left for CO, since he supposedly needed to buy new ones out west. MOO
Sources below.

"once their relationship with him went south, Nations completely trashed the apartment they let him live in, constantly lost his temper and became violent, destroyed property and even threatened one of them with a hatchet, which he often carried around." (Per linked article he was hired Spring 2015.) http://fox59.com/2017/09/28/former-employer-of-person-of-interest-in-delphi-murders-recalls-worrisome-behavior/

A former landlord, Randy Hamilton, also accused Daniel of having "a zero-tolerance temper," according to The Journal and Courier. Hamilton, who rented a house to the Nations family in Martinsville, Ind., recalled seeing Daniel chop trees and a chair with a hatchet during one of his fits of anger.
"He's a damn nut, I'll tell you that," Hamilton said. http://gazette.com/menacing-suspect...ts-he-killed-monument-cyclist/article/1613703

KN comments youtube video
10:35 DN having a hatchet is brought up.
Interviewer: Why does he carry the hatchet around?
KN: "He was born in the mountains of North Carolina so he's, he's very fond of being out in the woods, he was a vivid [sic] hunter when I first met him, so he's all for being outdoors for long periods of time.
Interviewer: And that's why he carries the hatchet?
KN: Well, you know, he didn't carry it all the time. Like when I first met him, that wasn't a situation. The only time that he's had it, had a hatchet or axe, was while we were here in Colorado. Because we were living homeless and camping. So obviously you know it was used for firewood and whatnot.
(subject change, FF to 22:08 mark)
Interviewer: Ok, with the hatchet, did he just carry the hatchet or did he have like uh something that he would carry it in?
KN: Um, well he's had two since we've been in Colorado. Um, the first one was a orange and black one, from Walmart, did not have a case for it. Uh the second one was a yellow and black one that I think he got from Tractor Supply, and that one didn't have a case either.
(subject changes)
BBM

Woah...good catch on the discrepancy re: hatchet in Indiana!...:waitasec:

Have you guys discussed his brother's murder, the circumstances, etc? Just wondering...

You would first have to believe she is a victim, which I do not. KN has her own criminal history and if you listen to and read her interviews from the media there are many inconsistencies. The reports of menacing include a man and a woman. Witnesses reported seeing a man and a woman below the bridge in Delphi before the murders.

She would've been very very pregnant...

6.5 months pregnant. Baby was born April 30/17

Because they're building a case and waiting for the results of the Co charges IMO.

Exactly, LE has two priorities in this case: solve the case (and all of it's "moving parts") and build strong case(s) for conviction. There are only 2 reasons they're gonna tell us anything: for public safety or if they need information from the public. If they're working on building a case, we'll just have to be patient, hard as it is. Remember, THEY have so many facts we can only guess at--including COD!

I believe she owns a gun which was used in a crime and she should be in jail next to her husband until she starts telling the truth. They were found with a gun and a hatchet and match the descriptions given of a man and a woman who were menacing others. Everything else about Delphi is pure speculation. The photo looks like DN. The KN alibi has changed from interview to interview. I don't trust her.

The Mt Herman area is known for illegal shooting, illegal camping, homeless and meth and I wouldn't put it past someone like DN to move here and think he could grow dope to take back to IN. He wouldn't be the first. I also believe DN and possibly KN are meth users and that would explain the weight loss from Feb '17 and erratic behavior. The dope in CO is not your average weed any longer. Very potent, especially for flatlanders new to the area. That could also explain his psychotic behavior.

If DN were dumb enough to try and grow up Limbaugh canyon it would explain why he was threatening people to try and scare them away. He just happened to pick one of the most popular hiking trails in that area to do so. DN's not a very bright guy.

good post! <modsnip>I have had much the same thoughts re drugs for both of them, etc.

I didn't read where they were Under A Bridge, link?

Do you have a link?

from Heavy.com

not under the bridge, but on the bridge.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

Does anyone see something between the 2 trees to the left between the yellow lines?

View attachment 126358

I think smart Libby hadn't only photographed her best friend but something in the surrounding too. WHAT???

I sure do! First time I ever saw that! I'm actually using a magnifying glass now on some of these pics. Anyway, whatever it is between the yellow lines , has blue.

from Heavy.com

not under the bridge, but on the bridge.

&#8220;I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,&#8221; Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. &#8220;I didn&#8217;t see the girls at all. I also didn&#8217;t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.&#8221;

Sounds like 3 people total, one guy alone, then 2 completely other people. I had wondered for awhile if it was BG then BG with a woman, but it sounds like 3 separate people.

Have you guys discussed his brother's murder, the circumstances, etc? Just wondering...

not much, but somewhat. We've discussed just a little about his mothers murder too. Although 2 separate men were found guilty of these murders, it is odd for DN to have had 2 very close family members murdered. It has been suggested that perhaps these murders should be looked at again.
I'm wondering also, did they both confess to the murders?

His brother was homeless also. He was beat to death after his tent caught fire and he tried to stay in someone's tent who didn't want him there.

He was beat to death by this guy.

Man behind Colorado Springs' first homicide of 2017 sentenced to 16 yrs.
http://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-s...omicide-of-2017-sentenced-to-16-yrs/620935134

Sentenced on.... you ready for this. September 14th, the day TW was murdered.

But that blue jacket.......he never had one. Did his wife?
Do we know what material that jacket is made of? Is it a windbreaker? Is it a down jacket? I can't tell. But it doesn't look to me like it has buttons or snaps, but rather small toggles.

Rottmom in an earlier post noted that the Amish working outside wear a blue snap windbreaker jacket in the area.

I did a search of amish windbreaker snaps. And this jacket was the first result in the search.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/196821446196553478/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member