IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are convicted on very little evidence. If they had a witness ID and evidence of a hatchet use... that'd be enough. They'd fill in the holes with his other activities. They don't have anything on him.

I disagree with most all of what you say here. You say they can convict on little evidence but they have enough anyway. Then you say they'd fill in the holes, but don't have anything - which contradicts what you're saying in the first two sentences. :confused: :dunno:

The Gazette timeline is wrong.
TW missing 9/13
TW body found 9/17
Both menacing threats happened after 9/17. One on a group of kids rock climbing and the other on bikers. Both reports scrubbed from the media. If there was a menacing report in august it has been buried.

This article says menacing reports started on August 23.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 45
TW missing 9/13
TW body found 9/17
Both menacing threats happened after 9/17. One on a group of kids rock climbing and the other on bikers. Both reports scrubbed from the media. If there was a menacing report in august it has been buried.

group of kids

I disagree with most all of what you say here. You say they can convict on little evidence but they have enough anyway. Then you say they'd fill in the holes, but don't have anything - which contradicts what you're saying in the first two sentences. :confused: :dunno:

I said they don't have any evidence of anything. If they did, they would prosecute.

Have you guys discussed his brother's murder, the circumstances, etc? Just wondering...

There has been some mention of it in the MSM so the basic facts are known

He'd never known his father. He lost his step-grandfather, with whom he was close, in 2011. And his mother was murdered at the hands of his uncle when Daniel was 17. She suffered multiple stab wounds before being dragged into the woods behind her house and covered in leaves, records said. His uncle remains in a South Carolina prison.

Lyles was the only family Daniel had left, save for his wife, their two children and his grandmother, whom he hadn't seen or spoken to in years. He wanted answers, Katelyn said. They didn't know Lyles' attacker, Matthew Stroker, 35, already had pleaded guilty to kicking Lyles in the head with steel-toed boots and had been sentenced to 16 years in prison.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

I disagree that LG & AW's case will be an easy one to prosecute, but I hope you're right !!

I'm confused about your comments to me about DN as my post wasn't about DN.

BBM - I'm confused by this also...as I am about lots of things these days. Are you saying that I'm trying to twist the story of PA's retirement to my theory? <no snark intended>

Sorry about the snark directed at you... it was intended for everyone that want's to twist his resignation into that they do have evidence against DN. It has been said on this thread that maybe he's tired and wants to let someone else prosecute - which is the opposite of what he has said. Another said that maybe LE was waiting until he resigned until they reveal evidence, as if cops are really going to sit on evidence of a murder.

Again, not directed at you - he would not resign if he thought there was an opportunity to prosecute either of his big unsolved cases.

Does anyone remember reports of LE searching a train in Delphi., I do believe this was on the same day Indiana Packers had their “bomb threat “ and was searched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonder if they had a bomb threat because they turned away someone for a job. moo

TW missing 9/13
TW body found 9/17
Welcome to WS emptybottles btw.
Do you have any links for the facts above? Re the TW dates, the menacing dates, the rock climbing kids and bikers involved?

wonder if they had a bomb threat because they turned away someone for a job. moo

I remember the train being stopped and somewhere along the tracks being searched - this happened within the first week IIRC. I have looked for that article since - I can’t find it, only references to frequent unplanned stops by that particular line through Delphi.

I said they don't have any evidence of anything. If they did, they would prosecute.

Why rush to prosecute if they believe their suspect is safely sitting in a jail, with no prospect of being released? No need to rush to arrest him. Maybe they can glean more information, or proof from a relative. Maybe turn the heat up on that relative and simmer the pot for a while. They have time on their side. Maybe they suspect that he is a serial killer, and need more information before they show their hand. Maybe someone close to him is almost ready to break from the strain, and just needs a little more time . Why rush when you only get one bite of the Apple. . At the very least, he has outstanding felony warrants in Indiana. He's not going anywhere. They can take their time. MOO

Why rush to prosecute if they believe their suspect is safely sitting in a jail, with no prospect of being released? No need to rush to arrest him. Maybe they can glean more information, or proof from a relative. Maybe turn the heat up on that relative and simmer the pot for a while. They have time on their side. Maybe they suspect that he is a serial killer, and need more information before they show their hand. Maybe someone close to him is almost ready to break from the strain, and just needs a little more time . Why rush when you only get one bite of the Apple. . At the very least, he has outstanding felony warrants in Indiana. He's not going anywhere. They can take their time. MOO

If that was the plan, why would the PA be resigning?

Welcome to WS emptybottles btw.
Do you have any links for the facts above? Re the TW dates, the menacing dates, the rock climbing kids and bikers involved?

according to this article, menacing first was reported in August, about 3 weeks befor TW was murdered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 60
No problem

Do you have the link for that? It would be good to have it as a reminder now and then.

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Carroll-County-prosecutor-decides-to-step-down-456775203.html
Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives is stepping down. He's prepared to leave before charges are filed in two very high-profile cases.

Then there have been tough times, most notably this last year. Four sisters were killed in the Flora house fire last November and Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered in February.

He wants people to know several investigators continue to work on the two cases every day.

"No one has given up, no one has given up hope and there are always good developments, but I can say this--there are no charges imminent, nothing is going to happen in the near real future, unless something breaks," said Ives.

He said if charges had already been filed, he most likely would not resign and try to see them through. He said whoever replaces him should have that same opportunity. He is more than willing to offer any help .

http://wishtv.com/2017/11/11/carroll-county-prosecutor-to-retire-amidst-high-profile-investigations/

"...Don't misunderstand me," Ives said. "I might receive a call in an hour that says we really have something now, but that is not going on at the moment."

"...If we had evidence to file charges in either one of these cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."

These statements are from a different article, linked above.

Not to be redundant, but I believe they are an even stronger assertion that LE does not&#8203; have the hard evidence on DN.

That doesn't mean DN isn't the perp, but imo, Ives is clearly stating LE does not have the evidence to prove it.

I've always wondered if LE was just protecting the investigation. Getting their legal ducks in a row, but now, I don't believe there are any ducks...

Sad. If he did kill the girls, we may never know...

JMO

Do you have the link for that? It would be good to have it as a reminder now and then.

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Carroll-County-prosecutor-decides-to-step-down-456775203.html
Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives is stepping down. He's prepared to leave before charges are filed in two very high-profile cases.

Then there have been tough times, most notably this last year. Four sisters were killed in the Flora house fire last November and Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered in February.

He wants people to know several investigators continue to work on the two cases every day.

"No one has given up, no one has given up hope and there are always good developments, but I can say this--there are no charges imminent, nothing is going to happen in the near real future, unless something breaks," said Ives.

He said if charges had already been filed, he most likely would not resign and try to see them through. He said whoever replaces him should have that same opportunity. He is more than willing to offer any help .

R

http://www.wibc.com/news/local-news/carroll-county-prosecutor-ives-step-down-end-year

According to this, his wife states it is for personal reasons. It's been a tough year for him between Delphi and Flora. Maybe it's a health issue. Or the fact that after 30 years, maybe he feels it's time to go.

Then why did he say he wouldn't if there was any chance that he could prosecute this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06