IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow! His mom was murdered??? Multiple stab wounds...unless I'm having a brain fart, this is news to me.

What are the circumstances/details re: this???

Covered in leaves? Is this unsolved?

Eta: actually I think I knew this but forgot. You know short term memory lol.
Not unsolved. His uncle is doing time apparently. Yes covered in leaves, reportedly DN saw her body like that. And reportedly TW was found like that too.

Is there a MSM link with a description of the "man and woman" that could possibly match KN and DN?

A person can still be a criminal, and engage in criminal activity, and still be a victim. In my experience as a former therapist, women will often engage in activities that they neither agree with or want to engage in for a variety of reasons-fear being the biggest.

I have to look, but my recollection is that LE said they were able to talk with everyone reported to be on the trail that day except BG.

Hmm...that's an interesting point.

And could explain why PA was confident in saying we shouldn't expect anything new on LG & AW case in the near future.

Was anything said about who would be replacing him? I'm wondering if they have an assistant PA who will step into position the first of next year. If so, hopefully that person is already up-to-speed on the case so that the transition can be seamless.

Whereas if they have to go "outside of the office" for a replacement, imo that
would cause a delay in the case if LE was ready to make an arrest before new PA was up-to-speed.

If the PA wanted someone else in the office to prosecute the case, he would just assign it to that prosecutor. He has said he is resigning and he would rescind his resignation if it looked like he could prosecute either of his big unsolved cases. He doesn't anticipated any charges between now and his resignation date, the end of the year.

This would be an easy case to prosecute. DN is not a compelling suspect, a jury is going to want to convict anyone for these awful murders, and DN would likely be appointed a public defender. He might not need any evidence and still be able to get a conviction.

People keep trying to twist this to their theory.

Please bear with me, I am doing something wrong with my replies.

Bringing these two forward. The PA knows the evidence and doesn't see any charges being filed.

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Carroll-County-prosecutor-decides-to-step-down-456775203.html
Carroll County Prosecutor Rob Ives is stepping down. He's prepared to leave before charges are filed in two very high-profile cases.

Then there have been tough times, most notably this last year. Four sisters were killed in the Flora house fire last November and Abby Williams and Libby German were murdered in February.

He wants people to know several investigators continue to work on the two cases every day.

"No one has given up, no one has given up hope and there are always good developments, but I can say this--there are no charges imminent, nothing is going to happen in the near real future, unless something breaks," said Ives.

He said if charges had already been filed, he most likely would not resign and try to see them through. He said whoever replaces him should have that same opportunity. He is more than willing to offer any help .

http://wishtv.com/2017/11/11/carroll-county-prosecutor-to-retire-amidst-high-profile-investigations/

"...Don't misunderstand me," Ives said. "I might receive a call in an hour that says we really have something now, but that is not going on at the moment."

"...If we had evidence to file charges in either one of these cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."

These statements are from a different article, linked above.

Not to be redundant, but I believe they are an even stronger assertion that LE does not​ have the hard evidence on DN.

That doesn't mean DN isn't the perp, but imo, Ives is clearly stating LE does not have the evidence to prove it.

I've always wondered if LE was just protecting the investigation. Getting their legal ducks in a row, but now, I don't believe there are any ducks...

Sad. If he did kill the girls, we may never know...

JMO

If the PA wanted someone else in the office to prosecute the case, he would just assign it to that prosecutor. He has said he is resigning and he would rescind his resignation if it looked like he could prosecute either of his big unsolved cases. He doesn't anticipated any charges between now and his resignation date, the end of the year.

This would be an easy case to prosecute. DN is not a compelling suspect, a jury is going to want to convict anyone for these awful murders, and DN would likely be appointed a public defender. He might not need any evidence and still be able to get a conviction.

I don't believe he would be convicted without evidence.
They must find evidence that connects him to the crime.
Even this board is 50/50 about 'thinking' him. It would be far less if a capital case where a convictions rests on being beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Like a jigsaw, people here are looking for pieces that fit the edges hoping one of those new pieces shows an edge that offers a clue to a more central piece.

Like this -- although unsubstantiated:

DN worked construction in Zionville - Lebanon a nearby town to Zionville -- Amish everywhere in Lebanon. Amish, witness to prison populations and ex-cons - DN gets an Amish style windbreaker jacket from some day laboring for Amish.

I don't believe he would be convicted without evidence.
They must find evidence that connects him to the crime.
Even this board is 50/50 about 'thinking' him. It would be far less if a capital case where a convictions rests on being beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Like a jigsaw, people here are looking for pieces that fit the edges hoping one of those new pieces shows an edge that offers a clue to a more central piece.

Like this -- although unsubstantiated:

DN worked construction in Zionville - Lebanon a nearby town to Zionville -- Amish everywhere in Lebanon. Amish, witness to prison populations and ex-cons - DN gets an Amish style windbreaker jacket from some day laboring for Amish.

People are convicted on very little evidence. If they had a witness ID and evidence of a hatchet use... that'd be enough. They'd fill in the holes with his other activities. They don't have anything on him.

Quite a coincidence that TW was murdered the same day DN's stepbrothers killer was sentenced to jail. That's a fairly significant event to be overlooked.
It hasn't been overlooked on this thread. We have brought it up previously. I asked if posters thought he may have been at court that day and it was opinion he would not have wanted to go near a court. What do you think about it? I think he was mad about the lenient sentence (16 years) and had a road rage incident with the cyclist on the way back from court. JMO of course.

Kizzy, this is an excellent recap/recall of the hatchet info. TY for putting that together for us. It is blood curdling reading in my view.
She said she could not discuss the interview she had with LE. That might include telling them about hatchets DN owned in Indiana. JMO

I completely agree.

If there is any damage to the blade (gouges, etc) it would make a unique pattern, as opposed to a blade without any damage that would make a ‘clean’ mark. It could then be matched up to the wounds on a body to further incriminate the person in possession of it. Kinda like the wear pattern on the soles of shoes or on tires matching up to footprints or tire tracks.

Just thinking out loud...

KN stated that DN had two hatchets; one he purchased from WalMart that had an orange string handle and one that was purchased from Tractor Supply that was yellow. She also mentioned having an ax. However, we don't know the COD for these poor girls. I hope this link is acceptable, if not, apologies.

[video=youtube;XrB3vjyxFsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrB3vjyxFsw[/video]

I disagree that LG & AW's case will be an easy one to prosecute, but I hope you're right !!

I'm confused about your comments to me about DN as my post wasn't about DN.

BBM - I'm confused by this also...as I am about lots of things these days. Are you saying that I'm trying to twist the story of PA's retirement to my theory? <no snark intended>

from Heavy.com

not under the bridge, but on the bridge.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” Cheyenne Mekisha Engles wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.”

If I remember right, the couple were female.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said she could not discuss the interview she had with LE. That might include telling them about hatchets DN owned in Indiana. JMO
That's true. She may have said a lot to LE that we know nothing about.

RBBM

Collecting hatchets may be a hobby to DN. Some people collect knives. My brother collects guns.

Also, if DN has spurts of temper, he may have wrecked some of these hatchets in a fit of rage.

Just a thought.

You're right... It's just strange for a parent to spend additional on an expensive hobby when they're failing to make ends meet. And especially when he already had ONE hatchet. Just very suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257