IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman who recently escaped an abductor in the woods could be key.

If he talked to her, she may know if he had a drawl. If she grabbed his mask, she may have seen some portion of his face. During the struggle, she may have caught sight of a tattoo or scar. She may be able to offer an informed guess about his weight, height, or age.

Also, police may be able to review security or trail camera footage from the park. They might also be able to look at the footage from area businesses to narrow down cars in the area.

Unless he had gloves on during the struggle I would think he would have left his DNA all over her.

I have asked this question of myself several times.

My initial response I think would be to "freeze". Even though I know I should run I'm not sure that I could leave anyone behind.

I went to an active shooter seminar about a year ago and the advice given was this..... RUN, HIDE, DEFEND. A point was made that you don't go back and you don't help someone who has been injured. You RUN to save your life because going back will probably end up killing you and you PROBABLY can't help the person who's gone down. It's all about self preservation.

Sigh.

I'm not sure I can do that. I'm not sure I can leave people behind. I'm not sure I can't help someone who needs help. If I die helping someone I think that's the choice I'd like to make. I'm not looking to be hero. I'm not looking for accolades. My moral compass tells me that the right thing to do is to help.

That being said, until I'm in that situation (and I hope that never happens) I don't think I know what I'd do.

MOO

+
I think in the instance of being with a friend who is being restrained, especially with a weapon, the best choice may be, in many instances, to RUN. Yes, to try and get help. I can't think of how else to help a friend unless one is armed. Run, scream, try to attract attention. I really think that this is the reality in such a situation. What other help can one give?

+
I think in the instance of being with a friend who is being restrained, especially with a weapon, the best choice may be, in many instances, to RUN. Yes, to try and get help. I can't think of how else to help a friend unless one is armed. Run, scream, try to attract attention. I really think that this is the reality in such a situation. What other help can one give?
I know in at least their case he had them in a trap. Waaaaaay back when, Bob S. Posted some maps with land levels. Where he had them was 3 sides of hill and one side was creek. ... it is the main reason I think he knows this area well. Very tactical. Very calculated. There was no way to escape him there. Absolutely terrifying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Brainstorming why a man with a home chooses to live in a car under a bridge at times:

the wife gets on his nerves at times
the home is rude, uncomfortable, messy
a child or grandchild gets on his nerves
he wants to be unreachable for incoming mailings (letters whose reception must be confirmed with signature)
he wants to consume drugs at all times, regardless of wife / child
he wants to be out of reach for detectives investigating a case for which he would qualify as a suspect
he does not want to have any obligations
he wants to feel free
he does not want to be reachable for creditors
he does not want to be reachable for employers and colleagues
he wants to divide up the day without regard for anyone
he wants to stray and stalk people (men, women, teenagers)
he wants to meet informally with people of his ilk

....... and so on. This man maybe looking as clean as everybody else with a home, not living in a car at times. This man maybe returns to his home (home of wife/girlfriend/parents/relatives) at any time he needs a shower or a washing machine/iron (used by himself or the second home owner who ever it may be) or needs changing of his clothing incl. shoes or needs to have a look at the TV re breaking news.

You're welcome foxbluff. I am glad she escaped as well. I am also curious about additional details like size, age, and voice. A few details that I think make this development relevant to Delphi:

Attack around 3 pm
On a trail with bridge
Similar clothing
Gun ( I think that's how BG got the girls down the hill)
Camo Mask ( this guy knows his face is plastered all over Indiana)
Proximity to Delphi

There are several comments on Bedford PD FB page vouching for the credibility of the witness as well.

For what it's worth...I think it is time to move on from Daniel Nations. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was more than 150 miles from Delphi though. Many have said 80 miles was too far for DN to travel. Apart from it being a trail what other similarities would make ISP think him a POI like DN?

Seeing if this works. Sorry for double posting. I deleted the other post. Shire, it won't let me add your question without making the link unavailable for some reason.

Anyways, here is an MSM link with homelessness mentioned by Nancy Grace. She talks about the layers of BG's clothing versus Abby's clothing at length.

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/true-crime-tuesday-murdered-bridge?video_id=5613362494001
TY for link. That was quite recent. We have been talking about BG being possibly homeless for months. Did LE indicate it in the first month or so or did we ?

Brainstorming why a man with a home chooses to live in a car under a bridge at times:

the wife gets on his nerves at times
the home is rude, uncomfortable, messy
a child or grandchild gets on his nerves
he wants to be unreachable for incoming mailings (letters whose reception must be confirmed with signature)
he wants to consume drugs at all times, regardless of wife / child
he wants to be out of reach for detectives investigating a case for which he would qualify as a suspect
he does not want to have any obligations
he wants to feel free
he does not want to be reachable for creditors
he does not want to be reachable for employers and colleagues
he wants to divide up the day without regard for anyone
he wants to stray and stalk people (men, women, teenagers)
he wants to meet informally with people of his ilk

....... and so on. This man maybe looking as clean as everybody else with a home, not living in a car at times. This man maybe returns to his home (home of wife/girlfriend/parents/relatives) at any time he needs a shower or a washing machine/iron (used by himself or the second home owner who ever it may be) or needs changing of his clothing incl. shoes or needs to have a look at the TV re breaking news.
So he's not really 'homeless' - he has somewhere to go when he needs to, a car to use, when he needs to, a very pregnant wife, whom he has already abused at least once before, but he is out of favour with her in February 2017. He is trying to stay under the radar - yet he is signing in, so LE do know where he is until the baby is born - that is what is keeping him in Indiana - then he goes awol in Co.

Opinion poll results so far

BG is homeless, not DN 0
BG is homeless, is DN 6
Unsure BG is homeless or DN 12
Not homeless, not DN 2
None of the above 1

If you want to vote for one of the first three, see posts 483, 484, 485.

Opinion poll results so far

BG is homeless, not DN 0
BG is homeless, is DN 6
Unsure BG is homeless or DN 12
Not homeless, not DN 1
None of the above 1

If you want to vote for one of the first three, see posts 483, 484, 485.

Add me to Not homeless, not DN. Tks.

Article about an attempted abduction on a trail in Bedford.

The suspect is described as a man wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans and a camouflage ski mask.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...with-gun-tried-to-tie-her-up-on-bedford-trail

Thank you for posting this.
Is it possible this attacker is BG? BG knows his face is out there....could this be him wearing a mask so as not to be recognized?
I just do not think BG is going to stop until he is caught :(

Thank you for posting this.
Is it possible this attacker is BG? BG knows his face is out there....could this be him wearing a mask so as not to be recognized?
I just do not think BG is going to stop until he is caught :(

I have been looking to see if there is any reporting of the Bedford attacker's height but haven't seen anything yet.

I have been looking to see if there is any reporting of the Bedford attacker's height but haven't seen anything yet.

Thank you Shire. I wonder if Delphi LE is looking into this? I realize they may not come out & tell the public if they are or not, but this certainly has me waiting to hear more.

Add me to Not homeless, not DN. Tks.

:ditto:

Hope all the US Websleuther's had an awesome Thanksgiving!

On side note, does anyone know what professions would normally have the day off on Mondays and Thursdays?

TIA!

Hoping today is the day!!!

I know. It's strange that they haven't published the victim's description so that people know who they're looking for.

I looked on Bedford and Lawrence county police Facebook and Twitter - nothing on height. I'd rather see it from LE or MSM tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop