IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this could be related? The article talks about a man who attacked a teen on trail in Delaware County Indiana back on June 4, 2015. She was able to give a description that allowed police sketch artists to put together a picture. LE put the picture out on social media hoping for tips.

The perp was described as a white maile, 5'8" with a medium build, brown hair, some stubble on his face and tattoos on both arms.

What is interesting about this attack beside it being on a trail and a teen, is that the location US 23 is in North Liberty Indiana.

I was trying to find the sketch of this perp to compare to BG, any help finding the sketch is appreciated.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/06/04/man-sought-after-attack-on-delaware-walking-trail/

On a side note, I didn't realize HOW many attacks happen in Indiana on the trails. If I have some time, I'll try to put a map together of them all.

My niece just told me about a house they were interested in buying~~which backs to a trail~~OMG~~I told her NOT to buy it. Trails just seem so dangerous to me.

While I was comparing the sketch from Delphi to a person who seems to be on the run, I noticed something interesting. The perp appears to have a scar under his right eye. Maybe its just the way the artist drew the picture, but maybe its a clue also??

attachment.php

Attachments

• delphi-suspect-possible scar.jpg
    delphi-suspect-possible scar.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 375
Delphi is about 22 miles from Purdue University's main campus in West Lafayette.
Bedford is about 25-28 miles Indiana University's main campus in Bloomington.

2/13/2017 classes were in session at Purdue: http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/calendars/2016-17-Academic-Calendar.html
11/25/17 fell during the week of Thanksgiving break for IU (11/19-11/26) http://registrar.indiana.edu/official-calendar/official-calendar-fall.shtml

Could be BG.
Could be a copycat.
Could be just another nut on a trail.
Without more details of a physical description (approx height & weight range, etc) it's hard to say if he even comes close to the description of BG, IMO.
Wonder why she had to use the couple's cell phone to call LE? Did she go out on that trail without one, did she lose it in the struggle, did he take it?
I've watched youtube videos of the Milwaukee Trail, she was outside city limits of Bedford, seems unusual to go without a phone, it appears heavily wooded on both sides.
MSM link below has drone footage of the area & comments from locals.
http://fox59.com/2017/11/26/woman-attacked-by-masked-gunman-on-bedford-trail/

I agree... I know it has been pointed out the distance between the crimes... two hours, maybe? May be too far away. All the same, this you are pointing out is a lead. Dots need to be connected and I don’t think you are overthinking it.

The woman who recently escaped an abductor in the woods could be key.

If he talked to her, she may know if he had a drawl. If she grabbed his mask, she may have seen some portion of his face. During the struggle, she may have caught sight of a tattoo or scar. She may be able to offer an informed guess about his weight, height, or age.

Also, police may be able to review security or trail camera footage from the park. They might also be able to look at the footage from area businesses to narrow down cars in the area.

I wonder if this could be related? The article talks about a man who attacked a teen on trail in Delaware County Indiana back on June 4, 2015. She was able to give a description that allowed police sketch artists to put together a picture. LE put the picture out on social media hoping for tips.

The perp was described as a white maile, 5'8" with a medium build, brown hair, some stubble on his face and tattoos on both arms.

What is interesting about this attack beside it being on a trail and a teen, is that the location US 23 is in North Liberty Indiana.

I was trying to find the sketch of this perp to compare to BG, any help finding the sketch is appreciated.

http://nbc4i.com/2015/06/04/man-sought-after-attack-on-delaware-walking-trail/

On a side note, I didn't realize HOW many attacks happen in Indiana on the trails. If I have some time, I'll try to put a map together of them all.

My niece just told me about a house they were interested in buying~~which backs to a trail~~OMG~~I told her NOT to buy it. Trails just seem so dangerous to me.

I think I found the sketch of the incident you are referring to but I could not get the sketch picture to get larger when I clicked on the article. You can see the sketch in the 4th one down in the linked articles on this newsite.

Also notice the 3rd article above the sketch article about another person who was arrested for another abduction.

http://nbc4i.com/?s=delaware+county+attack+

I think I found the sketch of the incident you are referring to but I could not get the sketch picture to get larger when I clicked on the article. You can see the sketch in the 4th one down in the linked articles on this newsite.

Also notice the 3rd article above the sketch article about another person who was arrested for another abduction.

http://nbc4i.com/?s=delaware+county+attack+

Thanks Hatfield!!

Looks like it could be a close match then?? I couldn't get the sketch to come up, but I was able to enlarge the website enough to put the Delphi sketch side by side. What strikes me is the ears close to the head and again a large bulbous nose. The eyes resemble the Dephi sketch as well, IMHO.

Here is the sketch Hatfield linked to re: the Delaware Co trail incident a couple years ago.

attachment.php

ETA: If you go to Hatfield's link, right-click on the small image and selected "View Image" it should take you to a page with just the image, no article. (I was going to add a direct link to just the image but that doesn't work.)

Attachments

• DelawareCoTrailSuspectSketch.jpg
    DelawareCoTrailSuspectSketch.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 351
Here is the sketch Hatfield linked to re: the Delaware Co trail incident a couple years ago.

attachment.php

ETA: If you go to Hatfield's link, right-click on the small image and selected "View Image" it should take you to a page with just the image, no article. (I was going to add a direct link to just the image but that doesn't work.)

Thank you for posting this. I don't think this looks like BG. The eyes, lips and chin are too different imo.

attachment.php

What significance does this have to Abby and Libby's murder? Are you thinking the two sketches are smilar? I am seeing a totally different person, like not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're welcome foxbluff. I am glad she escaped as well. I am also curious about additional details like size, age, and voice. A few details that I think make this development relevant to Delphi:

Attack around 3 pm
On a trail with bridge
Similar clothing
Gun ( I think that's how BG got the girls down the hill)
Camo Mask ( this guy knows his face is plastered all over Indiana)
Proximity to Delphi

There are several comments on Bedford PD FB page vouching for the credibility of the witness as well.

For what it's worth...I think it is time to move on from Daniel Nations. IMO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad you shared this list.

BBM - Your take on the reason for the Mask is more interesting than mine as my only thought was "hmm...since he was hiding his face from victim, he probably wasn't planning to murder her and is more likely to be a rapist trying to hide his ID." You've got me thinking your way now.

UBM - I, too, think he controlled our girls with a gun...a pistol which he kept in his pocket, aimed at them. As he had to "walk them" for some distance, even if someone came in sight they wouldn't be able to tell that he was kidnapping them. Whereas with a knife, he probably would need to have it displayed and possibly have it pressing against one of the girls or have his hand on one. Too risky, imo, for a long walk...

@BigCityAccountant

Now, about this generous offer you made: "On a side note, I didn't realize HOW many attacks happen in Indiana on the trails. If I have some time, I'll try to put a map together of them all."

Please, please find time to do the map! Sounds like a lot of trouble, but would be imo of great interest to the board.

As I mentioned above, there seemed to be a lot of attacks on trails. Just mapped what I found in Indiana from MSM articles. If I've missed any, please let me know and I can add them to the map. I left off the attack of the woman in Peru walking with her children as it appeared she knew her attacker(s).

attachment.php

attachment.php

The 2nd map is just the Bloomington Indiana area. I couldn't get all of the attacks on one map which included the Delphi and Liberty Indiana attacks.

Is there any patterns?? One I noticed was the semi straight line down Route 31.

I also read a comment in a news article about an attack in Coxton, Indiana but I was unable to find the article again that had the comment or any news article about it, so I left that off.

Attachments

• Capture-map trails.jpg
    Capture-map trails.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 256
  • Capture-map trails-zoom Bloomington Area.jpg
    Capture-map trails-zoom Bloomington Area.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 253
@BigCityAccountant

Now, about this generous offer you made: "On a side note, I didn't realize HOW many attacks happen in Indiana on the trails. If I have some time, I'll try to put a map together of them all."
Please, please find time to do the map! Sounds like a lot of trouble, but would be imo of great interest to the board.

LOL Foxbluff~~your wish is my command.

Although, the hubby will be upset I didn't get any laundry done today..LOL

I posted the enlarged sketch because others were having trouble seeing it due to the small size at the link. (This sketch was from another trail assault in 2015 in Delaware County, IN)
I don't think it looks like BG, though.

What significance does this have to Abby and Libby's murder? Are you thinking the two sketches are smilar? I am seeing a totally different person, like not even close.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I mentioned above, there seemed to be a lot of attacks on trails. Just mapped what I found in Indiana from MSM articles. If I've missed any, please let me know and I can add them to the map. I left off the attack of the woman in Peru walking with her children as it appeared she knew her attacker(s).
RSBM

Nice, Big City Accountant!
The 7/19/16 trail attack, on the map it looks like a small town between Indy and Cincinnati? Do you have a link handy for that one? I could almost swear that I saw that DN had been living in a small town in that area at one point. (Maybe I saw it on a registry? It's going to bug me now, I'll have to look for it later.)
ETA: Going totally on recall, I don't think his residency there was as recent as 2016, it was further back. My thinking is if that was DN, he went back to an area he had lived near previously. But again, I have to double-check.

This was more than 150 miles from Delphi though. Many have said 80 miles was too far for DN to travel. Apart from it being a trail what other similarities would make ISP think him a POI like DN?

The report of a gun (and what many think is outline of a gun in BG's Right pocket)... The report of tying-up (and what some think is rope sticking out of BG's jacket) ... Time Of Day (around 3pm) ... and now a Mask to cover a now possibly more conspicuous face?

Thanks BigCityAccountant!

Yes, shocking number of them given they all occurred within the last three years.

I have to logoff now, but hope to be able to pull some of the cases up tomorrow. It would help to have the victims names, but not sure you would be allowed to give out that info here.

@BigCityAccountant

Wow. Yes please!

LOL Foxbluff~~your wish is my command.

Although, the hubby will be upset I didn't get any laundry done today..LOL

Thank you! I'm at work now but I won't be getting any laundry done tonight either. Can't wait to look at this when I get home.

RSBM

Nice, Big City Accountant!
The 7/19/16 trail attack, on the map it looks like a small town between Indy and Cincinnati? Do you have a link handy for that one? I could almost swear that I saw that DN had been living in a small town in that area at one point. (Maybe I saw it on a registry? It's going to bug me now, I'll have to look for it later.)
ETA: Going totally on recall, I don't think his residency there was as recent as 2016, it was further back. My thinking is if that was DN, he went back to an area he had lived near previously. But again, I have to double-check.

That one was in Batesville Indiana. Braum Woods from the article.

http://eaglecountryonline.com/local-article/sexual-assault-reported-at-brum-woods-trails/

ETA: Now to get the laundry done before the hubby gets home.

attachment.php

Funny enough this is the kind of nose I imagined from the bg photos for what it’s worth. Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop