Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, it's hard to keep up! So he has:
*Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/2017 Marion Co for FTA Possession Marijuana/Paraphernalia/Driving w/out ever having a license
*Warrant/Writ issued 6/5/2017 for Bartholomew Co for FTA Probation Violation
*Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 for Johnson Co for Failure to Register
*Warrant/Writ issued 10/18/17 Greenwood City Court for FTA on the Driving While Suspended/Possession of Paraphernalia.

Did I miss any? First two issued after he left IN but they didn't know he was gone, the other two issued after he was arrested in CO. I'm left SMH. Like others I've looked at his docket a lot and will admit I'm bleary-eyed from it all but I don't recall seeing all that activity (& more that doesn't involve just DN so I didn't post it). Is it my imagination or did all this just pop up on the docket? If so is IN that behind? And/or did this stuff fall through the cracks and now they're hustling to catch up because of the publicity? All disconcerting thoughts. At any rate, IN wants him back, that's for sure. MOO

I'm with you Kizzy, lots of "updates" I'm hoping they are bringing all possible charges forward, in order to have a litany of charges to hold him on when they extradite him to Indiana. Maybe those ducks are getting their marching orders. Here's hoping, anyway, that justice is right around the corner.

I'm with you Kizzy, lots of "updates" I'm hoping they are bringing all possible charges forward, in order to have a litany of charges to hold him on when they extradite him to Indiana. Maybe those ducks are getting their marching orders. Here's hoping, anyway, that justice is right around the corner.
What will the process actually be? Charges to be heard in Co, then sentencing if guilty, release if innocent to answer the In warrants. But if he has to serve a sentence in Co, when would he come back to In for those warrants? After he has served the sentence or how does it work then?

I believe the day is coming when we can sleuth someone other than DN.

I think it might be someone else, inclusive of DN, an accomplice/accessory of sorts. But I think we will still be sleuthing DN in the mix.

Well now! Skirting?
And I seriously doubt this was bought legally, therefore no trail. There is probably zero documentation to verify when or where it was purchased. Plus it is a "we" had statement.
Don't trust! Don't trust! This was more than likely purchased illegally, who knows when or where.

I, too, seriously doubt that rifle was purchased legally.

Imho DN stole it.

What will the process actually be? Charges to be heard in Co, then sentencing if guilty, release if innocent to answer the In warrants. But if he has to serve a sentence in Co, when would he come back to In for those warrants? After he has served the sentence or how does it work then?

I'm not sure how the process would go, but I think it will be dependent upon charges. Certainly a murder charge in either state would supersede everything else. I don't see him getting off on the weapons possession charge in Colorado. He had access, and that's all that's needed to prove those charges. A murder charge in another state would call for extradition, I believe. A murder in 2 states?? Colorado would get first crack, as they have him in their physical custody. MOO

While we wait, this is what Teller Co Sheriff shows for DN. I'm not sure what's being covered in the Teller Co Court right now though, unless they lumped all this under one case #? They said more charges could be added but I don't know if what's below reflects that or there are more to come. Wonder what school/college/university grounds he was on with the weapons?
attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.co.teller.co.us/Archonix...eDetail.aspx?ReferenceID=59179&InmateID=67833

ETA: If above link poses problems go here and click on Inmate Database Search: https://www.tellercountysheriff.com/teller-county-jail

The charges that are on here were "originally" on El Paso County - here's what I have for Nov. 29th.

*Prelim on Menacing Charge & Disposition Hearing @ 11am MT - for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Held on $6.8K bond

*Plea Hearing @ 11am MT - for Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Hearings were on 11/2 (Dispositional Hearing) & 11/6 (Prelim Hearing); additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

I'm not sure how the process would go, but I think it will be dependent upon charges. Certainly a murder charge in either state would supersede everything else. I don't see him getting off on the weapons possession charge in Colorado. He had access, and that's all that's needed to prove those charges. A murder charge in another state would call for extradition, I believe. A murder in 2 states?? Colorado would get first crack, as they have him in their physical custody. MOO

Might it be who brings the charges first?

If they charge DN with the 3 or more murders, does it become federal charges since it would be multiple state murders by a serial killer?
If it becomes federal charges, where would he be tried?

DELPHI, Ind. -- Volunteers were packing "Abby's Angel Boxes" Friday night in Delphi.

Before Abby Williams' death, she and her family started a Christmas collection project to help kids in need.

Abby's mother decided to carry on the tradition in her daughter's memory.

The community donated enough items to fill hundreds of boxes.

"We're just overwhelmed. It's phenomenal. We're working on the second hundred boxes and getting those put together. And I guess we'll have to aim a little higher next year."

Each of Abby's Angel Boxes contain a Christmas surprise as well as dozens of other items that a child in need could use.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...bbys-angels-boxes-packed-for-children-in-need

I think I forgot to post an update on this I’m so glad this appeal had such a great response. I donated to the same charity here in Scotland yesterday in memory of the girls.

Don't most cars have a button inside the car to release/open the trunk? Also' the ignition key is normally the key that opens the trunk.

So, if DN had possession of the car keys to drive the car, he had access to the trunk which had the gun in it. I don't imagine KN would take the time to turn the switch in the car to off and give DN the valet key to prevent him entry to the trunk. As old as that car is, it is doubtful a valet key came with it.

So yes, DN had access to that gun at all times IMO.
This car didn't require a button or a key. Just a rope.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 44D1D1EA00000578-4929272-image-m-31_1506602127168.jpg
    44D1D1EA00000578-4929272-image-m-31_1506602127168.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 333
If they charge DN with the 3 or more murders, does it become federal charges since it would be multiple state murders by a serial killer?
If it becomes federal charges, where would he be tried?

Murder is not a federal charge unless it involves the murder of a federal office, terrorism, or interstate kidnapping. I believe each state would file their own charges of murder, with the state having him in custody being the one to take him to trial first. After being found guilty and serving his time, the other states could seek his extradition. MOO

This car didn't require a button or a key. Just a rope.
attachment.php

I don't recall reading this, but I'll make the assumption this vehicle was impounded. Is it still?

Murder is not a federal charge unless it involves the murder of a federal office, terrorism, or interstate kidnapping. I believe each state would file their own charges of murder, with the state having him in custody being the one to take him to trial first. After being found guilty and serving his time, the other states could seek his extradition. MOO

Can you please provide source? I think there is some variation to this. For instance, on federal land, and during the commission of a sexual assault are 2 that come to mind. I could be wrong tho.I'll research too.

I think it might be someone else, inclusive of DN, an accomplice/accessory of sorts. But I think we will still be sleuthing DN in the mix.

I was implying the day would come when we are able to sleuth KN but didn’t know if I could say that. Hope I don’t get into trouble by the mods. Yes we can keep sleuthing DN but I look for some charges against KN at some point.

I was implying the day would come when we are able to sleuth KN but didn’t know if I could say that. Hope I don’t get into trouble by the mods. Yes we can keep sleuthing DN but I look for some charges against KN at some point.

I thought that's what you meant.

I, too, seriously doubt that rifle was purchased legally.

Imho DN stole it.

JMO
I agree. They had little to no money and were homeless. And no job that we know of while in Colorado. I think burglary and theft was a big part of how they were making ends meet.

I think it is why DN tries to keep his face covered in some of the court appearance videos we see. I think people have got a glimpse of him in the act of bulglaries and he doesnt want more charges tacked on.

There also could be a very serious thing he did wrong that LE is not yet aware of like another murder or something. The way he tries to hide his face during some of the court appearances is telling me he is really trying to hide from someone that had seen him do something very wrong.

Burglary and theft at a minimum. I do think the rifle was most likely stolen. Colorado LE should ask the public that if anyone is missing a 22 rifle to contact them and see if its the same one they are missing. That may give LE some clues of what neighborhoods they would have been in and may generate another clue to help them solve the Colorado murder.

Can you please provide source? I think there is some variation to this. For instance, on federal land, and during the commission of a sexual assault are 2 that come to mind. I could be wrong tho.I'll research too.

You are absolutely right. Federal property would be a circumstance for a federal crime. I'm not sure exactly where the murders occurred on the trail, if it was private or state owned, or federal. I don't believe sexual assaults would be a federal offense unless they included kidnapping across state lines. From what I have read, the Monon Trail is owned by the state of Indiana, so it's still not a federal entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills