IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know the length of time between the picture/video of the guy on the bridge and the voice recording, or was it one continuous recording?

It seemed like the girls went to the trail system alot, they might of befriended him there. As I said, he probably is very familiar with the trails too and they more than likely have crossed paths before in that area.

It gave me that "hair on the back of my neck" feeling when i kept playing in repeat mode. This man somehow knew the girls or had bumped into them in town a some point. This is a huge clue and I'm sure LE has to know this.

Could it be that the voice isn't that of the guy on the bridge?

It's the killer 100%, trying to put more than one person in this equation will just cloud the water's.

Listen close to the voice on the recording, he is calm and in no hurry almost soft spoken. Not in a big rush yelling like it was a by chance meeting. In my opinion, he sounded so calm, it was as if he was asking them to go down the hill, as if he knew them.

I'm thinking of the segment of the show when (paraphrasing again) Dr Phil asked the question about the person responsible possibly being someone in their midst. BP then talked about the 3000 population of Delphi and said any stranger hanging around would immediately stand out. I can certainly vouch for that being the way it is in small towns.

Then the show flicked over to ISP Carter and his mention of the eye witness report, from which the sketch was drawn. But I wonder, was the eye witness one of the 3000 or was it someone from further away who just happened to be on the trails and wouldn't necessarily have recognized a local person?

I believe he said it was a face to face meeting in the town, but I could be wrong.

I'm thinking of the segment of the show when (paraphrasing again) Dr Phil asked the question about the person responsible possibly being someone in their midst. BP then talked about the 3000 population of Delphi and said any stranger hanging around would immediately stand out. I can certainly vouch for that being the way it is in small towns.

Then the show flicked over to ISP Carter and his mention of the eye witness report, from which the sketch was drawn. But I wonder, was the eye witness one of the 3000 or was it someone from further away who just happened to be On the trails and wouldn't have necessarily have recognized a local?

Hey Misty,

Your first paragraph was how I heard it, too. I have always felt the eye witness had to be pretty close. My memory is susceptible to flaws as well, but, from what I recall, the eye witness behind the sketch didn’t come forward immediately, but later, possibly out of fear. I don’t why. Maybe she was not comfortable in front of groups, or with authority. Hindsight is so hard sometimes.

It struck me that perhaps when Libby's phone started ringing she said something along the lines of my father's here to get us, so he rushed to kill them. The short timeframe of the Snapchat and Derek arriving causes me to wonder if one or both of the girls were targeted.

The snapchat @2:07, Libby's dad's unanswered call at 3:11 to let them know he's arriving to pick them up, 3:14 he gets there, calls again, no answer and walks the trail towards the bridge.

Incredibly tight timeframe and very brazen murder if your theory is correct.

Listen close to the voice on the recording, he is calm and in no hurry almost soft spoken. Not in a big rush yelling like it was a by chance meeting. In my opinion, he sounded so calm, it was as if he was asking them to go down the hill, as if he knew them.

bbm

I got the same impression, but would expand the definition of knew "them." Perhaps he has kids or interacts with kids like them on a daily basis, or he works with kids. Or, he's used to "directing" people. I know that's pretty broad and probably not all that helpful, but it's just a thought, a wild speculation on my part.

Hey Misty,

Your first paragraph was how I heard it, too. I have always felt the eye witness had to be pretty close. My memory is susceptible to flaws as well, but, from what I recall, the eye witness behind the sketch didn’t come forward immediately, but later, possibly out of fear. I don’t why. Maybe she was not comfortable in front of groups, or with authority. Hindsight is so hard sometimes.

Agreed, unfortunately ISP Carter didn't go into any detail about the eye witness whatsoever. Nor did he validate BPs comment about anyone local having the ability to spot a stranger. It was as if the possibility was intentionally left unanswered.

drama, this could be very true, he could have day to day interactions with children...bus driver, custodian ect. Whatever he is, he probably knew they would be there or as hard as it may be to except, they might of had a prearranged meeting. Maybe he promised to show them something "cool" but they couldn't tell their parents or other family members.

Agreed, unfortunately ISP Carter didn't go into any detail about the eye witness whatsoever. Nor did he validate BPs comment about anyone local having the ability to spot a stranger. It was as if the possibility was intentionally left unanswered.

Well... your post does make me rethink, not necessary change my opinion, but think about the possibilities. It could be the eye witness behind the drawing is a rat to a suspect they already had on their radar, OR this is part of a larger, complicated crime. Don’t know what you are thinking! I didn’t see any reason for suspicion between this exchange, but who I am I? Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

I would like to add this if I may, I was trained to read people's faces and body movements and from that make split second decisions on how to react. The Police Officer on the Dr.Phil show was holding back information about the case because he had to, but what I do know by his body language is, they had the killer but he somehow out foxed them.
I'm sure other people on this site seen that aswel.

My take: An experienced killer, with a weapon, and possibly even with the girls tied together somehow, who felt like he was in total control of the situation...would sound just like that. IMO

I wish Dr Phil could have asked and got an answer from law enforcement about parabon dna phenotyping and the case.
Do you mean to ask if Parabon was used for the sketch? They did state explicitly it was from a witness.

Well... your post does make me rethink, not necessary change my opinion, but think about the possibilities. It could be the eye witness behind the drawing is a rat to a suspect they already had on their radar, OR this is part of a larger, complicated crime. Don’t know what you are thinking! I didn’t see any reason for suspicion between this exchange, but who I am I? Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

I'm not really thinking anything. It was just how the show was presented. After BP commented on the fact that a stranger would immediately stand out within the 3000 local folk but then that was it.

Do you think the girls' families know the COD or would that have been kept from them so it didn't leak out to the public?

I think they know. I noticed a slight nod from the sister when Carter was saying they know the cause of death but aren't releasing it.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Phil, but I am so thankful that he dedicated his show to finding Abby and Libby's killer.
God Bless his heart.

And thank God he didn't hawk Robin's skincare line at the end of the show like he usually does.

bbm

I got the same impression, but would expand the definition of knew "them." Perhaps he has kids or interacts with kids like them on a daily basis, or he works with kids. Or, he's used to "directing" people. I know that's pretty broad and probably not all that helpful, but it's just a thought, a wild speculation on my part.

That idea haunts me, too, Drama. Could be someone affiliated with the/a school who knew classes were cancelled that day. Possibly even a brother/husband/etc. of a staff member. Was the day off just for the girls' school district or others in the region?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en