IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m almost inclined to believe that the river may not have been muddy. Do we know for a fact it was? It was February and if the water was shallow in that area, it’s possible it was frozen. This could also be reason he took them over that exact spot as well. He knew it was frozen. Maybe he wasn’t wet or muddy? If there were muddy footprints across the river I feel like the girls may have been found sooner or at least they would know boot/shoe size and make.

The more I think about it, the more I’m thinking the girls didn’t try to run and escape across the river. Why would they chance that and having to run up the riverbank on the other side when they could have simply run to the path on the right and had a better chance of running into another person on the path. My current theory is he intended to take them across the river and to somewhere else but possibly heard Libby’s dad calling for them so he panicked and killed them and got out of there.

The creek wasn't frozen. Here is RTV6 helicopter video taken after the girls were found, it's long and shows LE at various points walking in the water. You can see them at the 6:13, 12:20 and 19:00 marks (maybe later too but my computer is acting up). Water is various depths. 20:00 mark or so they walk arm in arm from what appears to be a specific point on the south bank (bent tree) to the north bank (girls found). Possibly shoe tracks on the banks (or items found) indicated that's where they crossed? Something made them focus on that line across the creek, IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=392&v=HvhKS1eRIMM

But on the 13th, KN also posted on FB (paraphrasing) “I wish I could see you, but I know I can’t” which seemed to be lamenting about DN.

just a thought.......she could have said that so that if DN was arrested for this crime, it would appear that she wasn't with him that day and/or had no knowledge. It could have been posted as her alibi.

The fact that DN has not been charged yet might only mean that LE is waiting for more concrete evidence. Then and only then, when they are ready, in their own timing, not ours, will they file charges. Perhaps they are waiting for the wife or brother to come forward with needed information, as mentioned on Dr. Phil.
Idk.....I'm just not there yet, that DN can be eliminated from the list, because he hasn't been.

Nobody has been eliminated so it’s not just DN that hasn’t been cleared.

But this comes across as a witch hunt and it’s the same that happened on here to Ronald Logan. I generally feel sorry for Nations as he has enough issues without people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

Yes transients and homeless people sometimes live under bridges because it provides a semi sense of privacy and shelter from the elements.

But The Monon High Bridge is not that type of bridge as it's not a solid, wide platform providing a "roof" to anyone underneath. I recall it stated it had snowed somewhat a day or two before Feb 13th. I can believe DN may have been involved but that he or anyone would for any reason randomly choose to live under there as opposed to an actual bridge, jmo becomes a stretch of imagination.
I don't think anyone has suggested DN was living under the MHB but that people hung out there. I was answering a poster who queried that there wouldn't be room.

Me either. But do we want to contribute to the impression the case is 99% solved less than a week after the family and LE appeared on Dr Phil asking for leads?

Somebody might be reading here who knows somebody who they have suspicions about. What they see is DN and more DN and why he's most likely the one......Then what is that person going to think but "pffftt no I must be wrong"

JMO

Good point! We do not know that DN is responsible as he has not been charged. I can live with that. :discuss:

Nobody has been eliminated so it’s not just DN that hasn’t been cleared.

But this comes across as a witch hunt and it’s the same that happened on here to Ronald Logan. I generally feel sorry for Nations as he has enough issues without people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.
He doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy even if he is not BG - he has four outstanding Indiana warrants or writs out on him and all the Co.charges too. I remember RL did deserve some sympathy, but this guy, no way.

He doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy even if he is not BG - he has four outstanding Indiana warrants or writs out on him and all the Co.charges too. I remember RL did deserve some sympathy, but this guy, no way.

Ditto on this! Plus all of his disgusting history of being a wife beater and sex offender. These are facts.

Me either. But do we want to contribute to the impression the case is 99% solved less than a week after the family and LE appeared on Dr Phil asking for leads?

Somebody might be reading here who knows somebody who they have suspicions about. What they see is DN and more DN and why he's most likely the one......Then what is that person going to think but "pffftt no I must be wrong"

JMO

I don't think we are giving that impression. In the poll approx half of us were unsure. The other half were split roughly 50/50 so only about 25% thought BG was DN. It may even be less now since the Dr. Phil airing. We are still looking at other scenarios, but until the Co plea deal is complete, I don't believe we will know one way or the other. If the new tips have brought anyone else in to the frame, I don't think we will hear about it.

I don't think we are giving that impression. In the poll approx half of us were unsure. The other half were split roughly 50/50

I'd be curious to know if the Dr. Phil show changed any minds.

moo

ETA: Some people used "LE hasn't asked for tips in a long time" as a reason to support DN as BG.

I don't think anyone has suggested DN was living under the MHB but that people hung out there. I was answering a poster who queried that there wouldn't be room.

Apologies for assuming, I noticed the connection to DN living under bridges has been mentioned numerous times.

I don't think we are giving that impression. In the poll approx half of us were unsure. The other half were split roughly 50/50 so only about 25% thought BG was DN. It may even be less now since the Dr. Phil airing. We are still looking at other scenarios, but until the Co plea deal is complete, I don't believe we will know one way or the other. If the new tips have brought anyone else in to the frame, I don't think we will hear about it.

How can anybody who doesn't know DN be "sure"?

moo

I didn't see it but am just going by all the comments about the show on here. My mind won't change unless LE exclude him or charge someone else.

What a great question! A wife would! And a brother would! Wasn't that who LE mentioned on Dr. Phil that they wanted to hear from? I found that so poignant!

I missed that part of the show and several comments here have left me with questions.

Does DN have a living brother? I thought his brother was murdered in Colorado.

If someone can post a link it would be much appreciated. TIA

moo

Apologies for assuming, I noticed the connection to DN living under bridges has been mentioned numerous times.

I don't think you assumed -- I've seen a few posts that did suggest DN was living under the MHB. moo

I don't believe we have confirmed the "creepy" comment from the video. If anyone can find a report of this that is from LE or an interview where family has stated this fact , please post. It was reported that sections of the recording that was played for family and there was girl talk on it. This means Libby was and Abby were either recording prior to the BG encounter or they were somewhat comfortable going down the hill with him.

Hi, Daae!

Hope you and your family are still safe from the CA fires!

In Officer Holman’s August interview (long version)he says that BG made both girls were “uncomfortable” and that’s why Libby started recording. It’s close to the end of the interview. That’s the closest reference to “creepy” I have found an MSM/LE/family link to so far.
HTH

How can anybody who doesn't know DN be "sure"?
The option wasn't "sure BG is or isn't DN" but was "think BG is or isn't". No one except DN can be sure. Even his wife isn't sure but she sure thinks the sketch looks like him. :frown:

moo

ETA: Some people used "LE hasn't asked for tips in a long time" as a reason to support DN as BG.

That would be interesting to find out. I watched it twice (recorded it) and only came across with 2 things that stood out to me. The searcher called out for what color of shoes and for a wife or brother to help with information. Both made me think further and quite frankly I thought there was probably SA as I felt the shoes were not on feet, and LE was talking to someone specific....a wife or brother. Not a mom, dad, sister, child, cousin, neighbor, coworker, employer, etc. A wife or brother. I think they know who did this and just need that person to come forward to solidify. I have more thoughts on this but I'll hold off for now. :waiting:

Hi, Daae!

Hope you and your family are still safe from the CA fires!

In Officer Holman’s August interview (long version)he says that BG made both girls were “uncomfortable” and that’s why Libby started recording. It’s close to the end of the interview. That’s the closest reference to “creepy” I have found an MSM/LE/family link to so far.
HTH
I found a "creepy stalker" quote from a Sun reporter but some don't think the the Sun counts. If you want me to go back and find it let me know. Have to walk dogs /feed horses before sundown .

The option wasn't "sure BG is or isn't DN" but was "think BG is or isn't". No one except DN can be sure. Even his wife isn't sure but she sure thinks the sketch looks like him. :frown:

so she says.....I question her motives and truthfulness

I found a "creepy stalker" quote from a Sun reporter but some don't think the the Sun counts. If you want me to go back and find it let me know. Have to walk dogs /feed horses before sundown .

The Sun counts (as far as I know) but the problem was it was a journalist's description, not a quote from LE or anyone involved in the case.

moo

ETA: We were searching for what the girls said about BG on video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan