IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The creek wasn't frozen. Here is RTV6 helicopter video taken after the girls were found, it's long and shows LE at various points walking in the water. You can see them at the 6:13, 12:20 and 19:00 marks (maybe later too but my computer is acting up). Water is various depths. 20:00 mark or so they walk arm in arm from what appears to be a specific point on the south bank (bent tree) to the north bank (girls found). Possibly shoe tracks on the banks (or items found) indicated that's where they crossed? Something made them focus on that line across the creek, IMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=392&v=HvhKS1eRIMM

Thoughts about that video:-

1. You can see through the trees not as secluded as I thought it was.
2. Looking at the water and muddy creek banks they must have foot prints (boot type and size) to compare to any suspects.

Not sure about RIP but I was only interested in MSM quoting LE, which would not have occurred before they shared there was more on the video. moo

ETA: The link to the original statement by LE would be even better.
The original LE interview is in the media thread.

I'd be curious to know if the Dr. Phil show changed any minds.

moo

ETA: Some people used "LE hasn't asked for tips in a long time" as a reason to support DN as BG.

JMO
Its a great question.

It changed something for me. The main thing I got out of the show was that the BG was not at the crime scene very long at all if I interpreted things right. It sounded to me like the BG barely had time to get the girls to his "spot" and kill them and then leave. Im making this assumption because the searching started very quickly after the last sighting on the bridge and I doubt he would stick around too long once he heard commotion from the searchers. There were witnesses of him and I am assuming some of them were as he was leaving.

So that changed up the timeline for me and it also changed up the motive a little bit to me because he was intent on killing them no matter what. If he had been there to rape them only then I think he would have needed more time.

It is possible he wanted to stay longer and then when he heard the searchers maybe he just killed them real quick and then left. So maybe his original motive was rape all along and he got chased out of there by the searchers and felt he had to kill them to prevent them from IDng him.

But any way I cut it I think it showed a slightly different type of perp to me. One that was ready and able to kill them without batting an eye. A real serial killer that was ready to kill them no matter what.

So what it changed for me is the impression I had of BG. I think the BG is a definite serial killer to me and most likely has killed before. He could be a serial killer with planned rape too but I think he was planning on killing them no matter what the moment he took them from the bridge.

I dont think it changed my opinion on whether DN may have been involved or not. I still have him about 50/50 odds.

moo

ETA: Some people used "LE hasn't asked for tips in a long time" as a reason to support DN as BG.

RSBM
Did they? I didn't. They just had to thank a particular post to vote for the DN is BG option - no comments could be made.

RSBM
Did they? I didn't. They just had to thank a particular post to vote for the DN is BG option - no comments could be made.

I wasn't referring specifically to your poll. Just general comments thru out the threads.

moo

Thanks Stele, but that's the edited version. On the original show the sister was asked specifically what color shoes.

Respectfully, Stelehart, that part of the news article is flat out wrong. I have gone back twice to watch the show on my DVR, and Kelsi says the asked her "what color Shoes" her sister was wearing....not clothes. Seems like the journalist didn't get the quote right!

Ugh. That's the trouble with catching up backwards. I wish I had seen the show. So glad you have it on DVR A-52. In a clip that I did see, Kelsi's eyes just tell a story that is touching in themselves. So glad she got to sit next to Supt.Carter. He's a good Cop. And I remember his eyes in the 2/22 Presser.
https://www.drphil.com/videos/state...ens-somebody-talked-to-this-killer-yesterday/

I never mean to lead people in the wrong direction. I am always thankful that so many members are up to date on the facts.

I love facts. :)

Hi Jax!

Same thing I was going to say...
We need a quote from LE or family about “creepy” or any other word being used by the girls to describe BG in the audio on the phone. We can’t just rely on a journalist’s unreferenced commentary. It’s the same as the Inside Edition reporter saying an unnamed source told the reporter the girls’ murder was “the stuff of nightmares” back at the very beginning of the case. Possibly true, but without a substantiated quote, we cannot consider it “fact”.

Hi Shire, this post by RIP explains what we were interested in -- a quote from LE, not a journalist's descriptor. moo

Hi Jax!

We need a quote from LE or family about “creepy” or any other word being used by the girls to describe BG in the audio on the phone. We can’t just rely on a journalist’s unreferenced commentary. It’s the same as the Inside Edition reporter saying an unnamed source told the reporter the girls’ murder was “the stuff of nightmares” back at the very beginning of the case. Possibly true, but without a substantiated quote, we cannot consider it “fact”.
I think it came from SM. There was no reference as such from LE or in MSM. (That I recall)

DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man.

https://www.wthr.com/article/police...of-man-behind-them-in-audio-played-for-family

Hi Jax!

I remember the "nightmares" quote. It was an unnamed source yet the back and forth discussion went on for a while. Yeah. Unfortunately some 'facts' are not as factual as we would like.

I wish I could provide more.

JMO

I remember the "nightmares" quote. It was an unnamed source yet the back and forth discussion went on for a while. Yeah. Unfortunately some 'facts' are not as factual as we would like.

I wish I could provide more.

JMO

Actually I don't really doubt the "nightmare" comment, but can't put it in the fact category without more info. moo

What did he mean by what girls talk about? That just seems again so open for perspective. If a strange man was following me and my friend (as a child) we girls would be talking about that. That would be normal for us to be talking about.

I still think he was far off in the distance which is why all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't make the stills more clear. I don't know what girls talk about but maybe they weren't alarmed at that point?

JMO

Someone else might know, but I do not.

Per this article as well as many others, he considered Lyles his only close family.

"Lyles was the only family Daniel had left, save for his wife, their two children and his grandmother, whom he hadn't seen or spoken to in years. He wanted answers, Katelyn said. They didn't know Lyles' attacker, Matthew Stroker, 35, already had pleaded guilty to kicking Lyles in the head with steel-toed boots and had been sentenced to 16 years in prison."

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/788115001

Do we know if he is close to either of them?

Someone else might know, but I do not.

Per this article as well as many others, he considered Lyles his only close family.

"Lyles was the only family Daniel had left, save for his wife, their two children and his grandmother, whom he hadn't seen or spoken to in years. He wanted answers, Katelyn said. They didn't know Lyles' attacker, Matthew Stroker, 35, already had pleaded guilty to kicking Lyles in the head with steel-toed boots and had been sentenced to 16 years in prison."

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/788115001

Thanks Daey, I'm the one who asked if he has a living brother.

That explains why I couldn't find it. Sorry guys.

LOL, I needed a laugh this sad morning.

I only wanted to know because of the discussion about something from the Dr. Phil show. If I understand correctly, Carter asked specifically for a wife or brother to come forward with info.

Hopefully someone will quickly correct if I'm off base.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member